Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,430 members, 7,958,291 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 11:59 AM

Rohr On Verge Of Sack As Super Eagles Coach - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Rohr On Verge Of Sack As Super Eagles Coach (36891 Views)

Nigeria Vs Guinea: 5 Things We Learnt As Super Eagles Qualify For Round Of 16 / Even Tunde Disu Warned Rohr On His Tactics / Why I Will Not Marry Nigerian Woman – Super Eagles’ Coach, Gernot Rohr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rohr On Verge Of Sack As Super Eagles Coach by hoopLA: 5:43pm On Jul 02, 2019
Chiwude:
Coming at the right time. He'll sit up!
A coach who keeps making the same mistakes in every major tournament. I thought the last world cup fallout taught him a lesson, but no he still carried his brain fart to the AFCON.
Please for those talking about bonuses, it's on record that the NFF has never owed the Super Eagles any outstanding debt. Finish the competition and get your payments, this is how it's done. You came to Egypt for the AFCON trophy and not for window shopping.
The idiot's are playing for the national jersey and the pride of 200 millions Nigerians. Money should be the secondary motivation, the primary target should be winning this trophy. I think it's high time the NFF stop inviting mercenaries who play only for the money. Invite people like Musa who gives their all and not some overgrown big boys who don't want to sweat.
Spot on sir.
The bonuses is a hoax to hinge the overall poor performance on.
An example.

Westerhoff only just got the house he was promised for winning the same AFCON in 1994.
Some of that squad haven't had theirs redeemed, e.g the dead players.
That squad was notorious for squabbling over bonuses if my memory serves me correctly.
Yet they won that tournament almost effortlessly because they were dogged and determined and single-minded.

1 Like

Re: Rohr On Verge Of Sack As Super Eagles Coach by nkemjacob2(m): 6:43pm On Jul 02, 2019
This sort of news shouldn't come up now for the sake of distraction
Re: Rohr On Verge Of Sack As Super Eagles Coach by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jul 02, 2019
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

Oga how much did NFF pay u.. You're just vomiting trash. There's what we call match bonus for every match, the price of bonus depends on whether you win, draw or lose. It's credited in their account immediately after the match. Even in ordinary friendly match, they're paid appearance bonus.

Even the THREE LIONS OF ENGLAND are paid match day bonus. SE money was released through the ministry of sports. But the incompetent and corrupt NFF president seems to be playing politics with the only thing that unite us.
Who told you that the NFF won't pay their bonus? The NFF under Amaju Pinnick has been transparent in issues that concerns players walfare packages. And please England men's team don't embarrass their country by protesting bonus payments as ours do. Imagine protesting bonus payment a day to the Guinea match, who does that?
No functional country or club pays money into players account same day. Entitlements and other benefits get paid to the players account per group stages.
Re: Rohr On Verge Of Sack As Super Eagles Coach by Ubdavis(m): 6:50pm On Jul 02, 2019
James4bright:

Bro you are so right, I wonder why they hate this coach so much. I've never seem this Super Eagles play this well honestly, we have been terrible losers until now.

I remember how Stephen Keshi kept Mikel in the field even when he isn't doing well, unlike this coach.

Don't mind them, that is what u see when people allow emotions to becloud their minds. Ask them now, who do u think is the right guy for d job, they will not be able answer..
Re: Rohr On Verge Of Sack As Super Eagles Coach by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jul 02, 2019
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

Na u sabi.... Just waiting for the court to give arrest warrant 4 the police to arrest the incompetent Amaju Pinnick..
Na you go arrest am abi! Go cry somewhere else. Pinnick will remain there unless God says otherwise. Nigerian football has grown in leaps since he took over from Maigari. Is it from putting us back into the CAF executive committee, to our input in FIFA top echelon? Is it in sponsorships and the commercial value of our national team? Is it in financial transparency to that extent that PWC now audits the NFF annual expenditure?
Amaju Pinnick is the future of CAF and anyone who don't like it should hang himself.
Re: Rohr On Verge Of Sack As Super Eagles Coach by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jul 02, 2019
BluntBoy:

First of all, match bonus is not a FIFA rule. Any country's federation can decide to or not to pay match bonuses. This was proven when NFF canceled match bonuses for age grade national teams, including the Falcons and resolved only to pay camp allowances.

Second, the issue is not whether match bonuses should be paid but whether players can't represent their countries without thinking about match bonuses as some incentives.

Which culminate into my question: are we the only team that gets owed match bonuses?

Remember match bonuses are what they are. They are bonuses, not main wages.
Remain bless! Don't mind the mischievous people who just want to talk.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rohr On Verge Of Sack As Super Eagles Coach by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 7:03pm On Jul 02, 2019
Chiwude:
Who told you that the NFF won't pay their bonus? The NFF under Amaju Pinnick has been transparent in issues that concerns players walfare packages. And please England men's team don't embarrass their country by protesting bonus payments as ours do. Imagine protesting bonus payment a day to the Guinea match, who does that?
No functional country or club pays money into players account same day. Entitlements and other benefits get paid to the players account per group stages.

Na so... Just like they paid the Flying Eagle in Poland, Super Falcons in France. (it was posted on this platform how they refused to leave the team's hotel) in Poland and France respectively cox NFF refused to pay them. Even after winning the African women nations cup under Omagbemi which automatically qualified them for the Fifa women world cup in France. It took a massive protest in front of the National Assembly complex in Abuja for NFF to pay them.

Get your fact right young man, the English FA don't go about owing their national team players. Daz why they don't protest, OK!! Their match bonus are promptly paid into the players account.

You and your boss @ the white bearded fraud, incompetent football administrator. The clock is ticking. Winter is coming.
Re: Rohr On Verge Of Sack As Super Eagles Coach by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 7:05pm On Jul 02, 2019
Chiwude:
Na you go arrest am abi! Go cry somewhere else. Pinnick will remain there unless God says otherwise. Nigerian football has grown in leaps since he took over from Maigari. Is it from putting us back into the CAF executive committee, to our input in FIFA top echelon? Is it in sponsorships and the commercial value of our national team? Is it in financial transparency to that extent that PWC now audits the NFF annual expenditure?
Amaju Pinnick is the future of CAF and anyone who don't like it should hang himself.

Don't rejoice yet... He has a case to answer at a federal high court. Until then you can celebrate.
Re: Rohr On Verge Of Sack As Super Eagles Coach by bennie1980(m): 7:09pm On Jul 02, 2019
NFF should sack Rohr and give us Mike Emenalo, Finidih George and Peter Rufai as Super Eagles handlers

1 Like

Re: Rohr On Verge Of Sack As Super Eagles Coach by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jul 02, 2019
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

Na so... Just like they paid the Flying Eagle in Poland, Super Falcons in France. (it was posted on this platform how they refused to leave the team's hotel) in Poland and France respectively cox NFF refused to pay them. Even after winning the African women nations cup under Omagbemi which automatically qualified them for the Fifa women world cup in France. It took a massive protest in front of the National Assembly complex in Abuja for NFF to pay them.

Get your fact right young man, the English FA don't go about owing their national team players. Daz why they don't protest, OK!! Their match bonus are promptly paid into the players account.

You and your boss @ the white bearded fraud, incompetent football administrator. The clock is ticking. Winter is coming.
Please who pays age grade team match bonus? I think this must stop. Appearance fee is the norm as well as reaching the semi final stages. You invite local players willing to die for the shirt and not treasure hunters.

The Super Falcons can be sympathized with because they advanced into the round of 16 and deserves their bonus. The Falcons didn't complain about their world cup participation fee, because that have been paid to them, it is the win against Korea and qualification to the round of 16 bonus they are clamouring for.

Win or burst, I think the NFF should scrap the bonus fees paid to these players and rather use that money to open life and retirement insurance plan on their behalf.
Re: Rohr On Verge Of Sack As Super Eagles Coach by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jul 02, 2019
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

Don't rejoice yet... He has a case to answer at a federal high court. Until then you can celebrate.
Federal high court? Lol. The one recognizable by FIFA or which one? grin grin
Re: Rohr On Verge Of Sack As Super Eagles Coach by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 7:30pm On Jul 02, 2019
Chiwude:

As far as the Super Eagle is concerned, they have not won anything under Pinnick. Bagging financial endorsement is not equivalent to trophy.
Which future of CAF? Cox he's CAF ACTING president. When his boss (Ahmad Ahmad) has been arrested by French authority with solid evidence of bribery and corruption . There's a possibility that he won't go down alone, cox he didn't wake up one day and decided to embezzle money... It takes two to tango.

You know how Aminu Maigari was dumped out of office.. Your incompetent boss will be sacked soon rather than later.
Re: Rohr On Verge Of Sack As Super Eagles Coach by odehaj: 7:55pm On Jul 02, 2019
The book of lamentations have been opened.
Re: Rohr On Verge Of Sack As Super Eagles Coach by bluefilm: 8:01pm On Jul 02, 2019
davibid:
Nonesense!

What do they expect him to do with the average players we have. If I may ask, how many of the Super Eagles play regular football in their respective clubs in the diaspora? I mean first team players in their clubs and If any it’s not up to five. Mikel and his likes that are supposed to be cheering the team from the stands is on the field contributing absolutely nothing to the team.

Whenever you see Ndidi play you’ll see why clubs like Mautd and Atletico are coming for him. By the way despite the mediocre players we have how do you expect them to perform when you’re owing from coaching staff to all the players.

Please stop complaining and make do with what we have.

Meanwhile I hope they’ve arrested Pinnick

Guy, this your spelling of nonsense is absolute NONSENSE.

Nonsense. angry
Re: Rohr On Verge Of Sack As Super Eagles Coach by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 8:09pm On Jul 02, 2019
Chiwude:
Federal high court? Lol. The one recognizable by FIFA or which one? grin grin

Just a compelling evidence of corruption and bribery released by a competent court of jurisdiction against Pinnick is enough for the general assembly to pass a vote of no confidence on him.
Just like they did against Aminu Maigari
Re: Rohr On Verge Of Sack As Super Eagles Coach by ayanbaba2(m): 8:31pm On Jul 02, 2019
is it not Cameroon we are next??
Re: Rohr On Verge Of Sack As Super Eagles Coach by Makefav(m): 8:58pm On Jul 02, 2019
dre11:

https://www.independent.ng/breaking-rohr-on-verge-of-sack-as-super-eagles-coach/

The coach will not play himself, I can only blame our players who show a very high level of patriotism, instead protesting for money outside the country, disgracing our dear country, many in the past had single handedly sponsored their national team
Re: Rohr On Verge Of Sack As Super Eagles Coach by Dirtydog: 9:06pm On Jul 02, 2019
IneedSugarMumy1:
Good day all

Please I've someone (Uncle) who works with an agency, he wants to loan me 2-3m for me to start up life, but I must pay back the money in 1year.

The problem now is I don't know the kind of business to start with 2m that can grow faster that I will be able to pay back the money, I'm thinking of doing working visa to outside country to go and work (I'm not a graduate) I've been so confused like I don't even know what to do again, because this opportunity came by sudden to me last week after I told him I want to do something for my life but I don't have capital to start

Please I need suggestions is it good to start business here in Nigeria?

Should I travel out to work if yes which country please

I'm in my early twenties please and remember any suggestion you will make, remember I've to pay back the money on 12months

Invest d money on Bet9ja. Always look for 2 or 3 sure games & stake high. You will thank me l8r
Re: Rohr On Verge Of Sack As Super Eagles Coach by mechanics(m): 9:20pm On Jul 02, 2019
As for me, he's doing his best, they should allow him continue till when his contract expires.
Re: Rohr On Verge Of Sack As Super Eagles Coach by francisbarrack(m): 9:34pm On Jul 02, 2019
davibid:
Nonesense!

What do they expect him to do with the average players we have. If I may ask, how many of the Super Eagles play regular football in their respective clubs in the diaspora? I mean first team players in their clubs and If any it’s not up to five. Mikel and his likes that are supposed to be cheering the team from the stands is on the field contributing absolutely nothing to the team.

Whenever you see Ndidi play you’ll see why clubs like Mautd and Atletico are coming for him. By the way despite the mediocre players we have how do you expect them to perform when you’re owing from coaching staff to all the players.

Please stop complaining and make do with what we have.

Meanwhile I hope they’ve arrested Pinnick

Oga Ade u have no point Cox a very good coach will make good use of new face n grassroots. We have so many player that I xpect this so call coach to call but he was there like a figure 8. They should fire d albino jare . He never know how n wen to substitute.
Re: Rohr On Verge Of Sack As Super Eagles Coach by shevchenko(m): 10:31pm On Jul 02, 2019
Why he puts that useless Mikel on the field will be his downfall
Re: Rohr On Verge Of Sack As Super Eagles Coach by Mishhcre(m): 12:24am On Jul 03, 2019
IneedSugarMumy1:
Good day all

Please I've someone (Uncle) who works with an agency, he wants to loan me 2-3m for me to start up life, but I must pay back the money in 1year.

The problem now is I don't know the kind of business to start with 2m that can grow faster that I will be able to pay back the money, I'm thinking of doing working visa to outside country to go and work (I'm not a graduate) I've been so confused like I don't even know what to do again, because this opportunity came by sudden to me last week after I told him I want to do something for my life but I don't have capital to start

Please I need suggestions is it good to start business here in Nigeria?

Should I travel out to work if yes which country please

I'm in my early twenties please and remember any suggestion you will make, remember I've to pay back the money on 12months
Don't worry your sugar mummy will pay for you.
Re: Rohr On Verge Of Sack As Super Eagles Coach by flames01: 1:23am On Jul 03, 2019
Kenturkey048:
Nigerians don't have common sense...NFF failed to meet up their financial obligations ..now they are blaming the coach..who is at fault..??didn't they watch the way the super eagles played Madagascar with very low morale...I hate the leaders of this country in all sectors ..I hate the senseless youths who always supports the blame game from the useless leaders....Nigeria can never be better in the next 50years to come.

Hmm.... It's frustrating
Re: Rohr On Verge Of Sack As Super Eagles Coach by flames01: 1:24am On Jul 03, 2019
somehow:
And when they enjoyed unhindered payments for 4 years + advance payments to the worldcup, what did you get in return?

This is a different competition, bro. At least the NFF should have done its part, then we would know where to direct the blame. But since NFF failed to do their part, then they are at fault also.
Re: Rohr On Verge Of Sack As Super Eagles Coach by flames01: 1:29am On Jul 03, 2019
Gassa007:

Oga if you have nothing reasonable to type, just shut the fvck up!

Mr NFF spokesman, please go and sack the coach before the competition finishes and see how your already morally decayed country will become laughing stock all over Africa.

Emotion without logic makes people comment like bunch of idiots
Re: Rohr On Verge Of Sack As Super Eagles Coach by Kenturkey048(m): 6:24am On Jul 03, 2019
somehow:
Reas my post again.
I dey support you brother.
Re: Rohr On Verge Of Sack As Super Eagles Coach by Kenturkey048(m): 6:28am On Jul 03, 2019
flames01:

Mr NFF spokesman, please go and sack the coach before the competition finishes and see how your already morally decayed country will become laughing stock all over Africa.

Emotion without logic makes people comment like bunch of idiots
thank you ooo....citizens without logical reasoning...I don't know if they lack the foresight to see the coach isn't the problem...una no pay players when due...players morale drop ,,causing them to loose a less important match...team that even qualified with an extra match to spare..una wan sack coach for una in adequacies...the way APC keeps blaming PDP 16 years of rule even with them failing on their own side. dumb citizens can never use their head...sack the coach na...and watch us go back to the days of permutation before qualification...
Re: Rohr On Verge Of Sack As Super Eagles Coach by Kenturkey048(m): 6:32am On Jul 03, 2019
flames01:

This is a different competition, bro. At least the NFF should have done its part, then we would know where to direct the blame. But since NFF failed to do their part, then they are at fault also.
they are the caused of everything....corrupt nation...I don't even know when this Nigeria would even get better...every sector exhibiting high level of corruption.... nonsense country. .the most annoying thing is that,the citizens see things from where their stupid leaders want them to see it from...they lack mind of their own..nonsense..

1 Like

Re: Rohr On Verge Of Sack As Super Eagles Coach by flames01: 8:04pm On Jul 03, 2019
Kenturkey048:
thank you ooo....citizens without logical reasoning...I don't know if they lack the foresight to see the coach isn't the problem...una no pay players when due...players morale drop ,,causing them to loose a less important match...team that even qualified with an extra match to spare..una wan sack coach for una in adequacies...the way APC keeps blaming PDP 16 years of rule even with them failing on their own side. dumb citizens can never use their head...sack the coach na...and watch us go back to the days of permutation before qualification...

You clearly didn't clear your brain of cow dung before replying my comment. Can't you see that you are contradicting yourself? Your logical reasoning must be sub-zero
Re: Rohr On Verge Of Sack As Super Eagles Coach by Kenturkey048(m): 8:05pm On Jul 03, 2019
flames01:

You clearly didn't clear your brain of cow dung before replying my comment. Can't you see that you are contradicting yourself? Your logical reasoning must be sub-zero
Bros no vex abeg...I tot I was supporting u...bye bye.....
Re: Rohr On Verge Of Sack As Super Eagles Coach by sharpwriter(m): 10:22pm On Jul 03, 2019
rusher14:

And you think Mourinho would have qualified Tanzania?

grin

Why not? If he sees his choice of players from amongst them, and he has time to train them before the tournament, they would perform. And mind you, Mourinho is also not the best coach.
Re: Rohr On Verge Of Sack As Super Eagles Coach by rusher14: 10:32pm On Jul 03, 2019
sharpwriter:

Why not? If he sees his choice of players from amongst them, and he has time to train them before the tournament, they would perform. And mind you, Mourinho is also not the best coach.

That answers everything.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Victor Osimhen Apologizes To Punch Over "Na Thunder Go Fire Una" Statement / Elumelu Reacts To Suggestion That Nigerian Billionaires Should Buy NPFL Clubs / Tokyo Olympics: Five Nigerians Who Won Medals For Other Countries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.