Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,600 members, 7,827,263 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:47 AM

Please I Beg For Your Advice - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Please I Beg For Your Advice (2677 Views)

PHOTO: I Beg I Need Someone To Connect Me With This Girl... / For Men Alone: 8 Things Thatmake Women Beg For S Ex / 11 Ways Girls Indirectly Beg For BIS Subcription Via BBM Status (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please I Beg For Your Advice by loving01: 8:30pm On Oct 10, 2010
Hello,

I am happy to have found this forum, and I seek your advice on this issue.

I have been dating a guy for almost 2 years now, and we are in love with each other. problem is that he is not exactly living up to expectations. He is kind of slow in his reasoning, i must admit i teach him a lot of things. Now i dont have an issue with this, but he seems not to be moving forward at all. Now i will give an example- He is not doing anything for himself, but instead, has been waiting for an opportunity to travel abroad for almost 2 years now. I tell him to get something doing, while he waits for this opportunity, but no! He has been dreaming of America since we met. He has no steady source of income, and waits for daddy or friends to always give him money (although he tries his best to be there for me when I need him)

I am a very pretty working-class lady, and I have a lot of guys asking for my hand in marriage, but i dont give in to their requests, because I am in love with this guy. I even send him money when he is broke, but he is not helping himself at all. He keeps telling me to please wait for him, and has promised me heaven and earth. I recently found out that he did not graduate from his school. He was a cultist while in school,and had many problems, so he does not even have a certificate to show for it. He is almost 27 years old, and i must confess that when it comes to intelligence, he is not really up to it, but i still love him that way, and stop at nothing to polish him up.

Please nairaland, advice me. Do you think I am wasting my time here, or should I move on with my life and settle down with someone else? I have tried this before, but i was filled with guilt, and the guy in question stops at nothing to prove his love for me at all times. I can vouch for his love, anyday, anytime. I am 25 years old, and dont want to end up feeling sorry for myself.

Please advise me.
Re: Please I Beg For Your Advice by 190: 8:41pm On Oct 10, 2010
lemme be the 1st person to advice you poster

1st welcome to nairaland

2nd, PLEASE, im begging you PLEASE KICK HIS SORRY AZZZ to the CURBS

infact give me his phone # so i can INSULT THE HELL OUT OF HIM

I dey VEX!!
Re: Please I Beg For Your Advice by Nobody: 8:43pm On Oct 10, 2010
dump his sorry ass iMMEDIATELY
Re: Please I Beg For Your Advice by ShyOne(f): 8:47pm On Oct 10, 2010
I completely agree with 190 and Mr. President

What they said - My sentiments EXACTLY!!!

He doesn't even love himself - how can he love you? He is 27 and not working, not in school, promises, promises, promises.

What is that about?
Re: Please I Beg For Your Advice by Purplediamond(f): 8:47pm On Oct 10, 2010
@190 u dont hav to insult anybody.
@OP please settle down now wit someone else who's reasonable. Dis guy will only waste ur time.
Re: Please I Beg For Your Advice by Kadata(m): 8:54pm On Oct 10, 2010
Period of Dating : 2 years

Problem1 : He's Not living up to expectation. How ? He's Slow in reasoning. What did you do? You overlooked it. How? By admitting that you don't have a problem with it.
Problem 2: He's lazy , indolent and dependent<sorry 4 my choice of words>. What did you do? Overlooked it. How? You cater for him when he's broke.
What you need might not be advice, but how to take decisive actions without giving a damn about the consequences. Why are you dating someone you're practically ashamed of?? You know what to do, don't you?
Re: Please I Beg For Your Advice by 190: 8:59pm On Oct 10, 2010
Purplediamond:

@190 u dont hav to insult anybody.
@OP please settle down now wit someone else who's reasonable. Dis guy will only waste your time.

Why! angry angry
Tell me why!!

First he's a damn cultist
No school certificate (BSC)
He is broke,  depends on dad and mom and friends for money
He is putting all his future on going to america (To push drugs obviously)
He is 27yrs (By the time im 27yrs i should be an MD for a bank)--Amen
He is an slowpoke (slow in learning)

What more do u want from these guy that he hasnt got,
maybe only skills in bed (thats what she gains from him)

I suggest that this lady KICK his sorry azz into the atlantic ocean,
or i would help her to,

I hate when guyz Esp 9ja guyz dont have plans for themselves (No future ambition NFA)
Re: Please I Beg For Your Advice by loving01: 9:04pm On Oct 10, 2010
the truth is I have broken up with him about thrice, but i felt so guilty when he begged for me to take him back. I have been searching for schools for him, in U.S, so that he can travel with a student visa,(since its the dream of a life time for him), and when he took the SAT exams, he failed woefully, so I had to start searching for a school in other european countries with less strict requirements.

Its not easy leaving him, as I love him dearly, and just want the best for him. I know its reasonable to leave him, but its not easy for me. I have never cheated on him, even when I have every opportunity to.

please do you guys see a way out of this dilemma, (i have tried to leave him, but i feel its not fair on my part, because I think this is the time he needs me the most. At least I have managed to change one or 2 negative aspects about him)
Re: Please I Beg For Your Advice by Odunnu: 9:05pm On Oct 10, 2010
Omo! C guys dey vibrate!
Anybody want very chill pure water?
Re: Please I Beg For Your Advice by 190: 9:07pm On Oct 10, 2010
loving01:

the truth is I have broken up with him about thrice, but i felt so guilty when he begged for me to take him back. I have been searching for schools for him, in U.S, so that he can travel with a student visa,(since its the dream of a life time for him), [size=13pt]and when he took the SAT exams, he failed woefully[/size], so I had to start searching for a school in other european countries with less strict requirements.

Its not easy leaving him, as I love him dearly, and just want the best for him. I know its reasonable to leave him, but its not easy for me. I have never cheated on him, even when I have every opportunity to.

please do you guys see a way out of this dilemma, (i have tried to leave him, but i feel its not fair on my part, because I think this is the time he needs me the most. At least I have managed to change one or 2 negative aspects about him)

Give yourself 15 knocks on your head

After that one go and drink cold water

Then come back here and talk to me!! angry angry

I dey Vex, !!
Re: Please I Beg For Your Advice by loving01: 9:08pm On Oct 10, 2010
okay, truth is he is not that great when it comes to intimacy, so that is not the reason I am with him. Its just that I love him and overlook that aspect. (mind you, i repeat that I have never cheated on him)
Re: Please I Beg For Your Advice by 190: 9:10pm On Oct 10, 2010
loving01:

okay, truth is he is not that great when it comes to intimacy, so that is not the reason I am with him. Its just that I love him and overlook that aspect. (mind you, i repeat that I have never cheated on him)

Ooooh my Blood is HOT!!
Re: Please I Beg For Your Advice by Nobody: 9:11pm On Oct 10, 2010
@ loving01

I understand your problems in entirety
this is a simple case of sentimental attachment and fear of the unknown

I will very much like to help u
dont take it as if I want to take advantage of u

buzz me
b'cus I know u might not want the intricate details on a forum

FYI
I am happily married to tjskii
she's my one and only
so I wont take advantage of u;
Re: Please I Beg For Your Advice by loving01: 9:12pm On Oct 10, 2010
@ 190, its easy for you to yell leave him, leave him, because you are not in my shoes.

I have done that several times. I have talked with him so many times and adviced him, (and he was eager to do like i said), but at the end of the day, we always go back to square one.
Re: Please I Beg For Your Advice by Nobody: 9:13pm On Oct 10, 2010
Responsible men would give an arm and a leg to find a woman as loyal and loving as you. too bad its wasted on a slow fellow.
Re: Please I Beg For Your Advice by Madukaele(m): 9:15pm On Oct 10, 2010
Gurl don't lov out of pity cos I can bet on it if he trave away na ur ass he go drop. U r not comfortable with d fuken relationship, when u will really knw d guy is if u clock 38 lol, den u wil find out don't love out of pity, and anoder important advice marry when u see husband if not ask does weh don rich 30 up
Re: Please I Beg For Your Advice by Omolola1(f): 9:17pm On Oct 10, 2010
I like this firearm guy, he flirts wiv gurls and remind them he is happily married to tjiskii. Tjiski u re lucky o
Re: Please I Beg For Your Advice by 190: 9:18pm On Oct 10, 2010

Now im calm!
Listen you mentioned you have changed 2 negative aspects about him
Now clap for yourself,

Have you noticed that you are 25yrs (Age aint on your side no more)
That guy probably has like another 10yrs to settle down (get married) I hope you can wait for him

I wont be surprised if he smokes weed in addition to all what you have mentioned about him
He is not serious NOT In this LIFE nor the NEXT nor the NEXT,
Please make yourself understand that you are suffering with him (if not now who knows in the future)

A 27yrs old man,
Please you dont have to suffer the IGNORANCE of others Just because they are STOOPID and Disgusting, (sorry for my words)
But if all what you have said are true then you dont have a single BRIGHT future with him, (Im sure)

Please help me to pass a message to him
That he should tutor the younger ones in the school he failed from how to be good in cultism

Im done here

Just saw this,
loving01:

@ 190, its easy for you to yell leave him, leave him, because you are not in my shoes.

I have done that several times. I have talked with him so many times and adviced him, (and he was eager to do like i said), but at the end of the day, we always go back to square one.

He always goes back to square one,
Lemme ask you a question

Are you Jesus christ of Nazareth?
Re: Please I Beg For Your Advice by loving01: 9:20pm On Oct 10, 2010
they say love is blind.

I just always hope there was something more I could do for him. He is willing to learn (as he knows he doesnt know it all) infact, when we first met, he told me soooo many lies, but the truth is I never believed a single one, and I made him know I detest lies (i understood he lied so as to prop himself up, considering the fact that he knew I was not some cheap girl, and he needed me to accept him)

I forgave him, and told him I accepted him the way he was, and today, he thinks twice before trying to lie to me (at least that alone shows he is open minded when it comes to learning)

I just believe in my love for him, and I feel he just needs someone to guide him right. I feel at this point, it is not fair to just leave him., (even if i wanted, its not easy to do so)
Re: Please I Beg For Your Advice by Mobinga: 9:25pm On Oct 10, 2010
@loving01 You are clearly confused [img]http://yoursmiles.org/s-pink.php?page=1[/img]
Re: Please I Beg For Your Advice by loving01: 9:27pm On Oct 10, 2010
@ 190, thanks for your advice, he has begged me to wait for him, and has promised to make it all well.
Well, I am not Jesus Christ, and when i said back to square one, i mean back to his same non-chalant state of waiting around for things to come to him.

Thanks everyone

@ fier arm, i will get in touch with you.

mobinga, its easy for you to say so.
Re: Please I Beg For Your Advice by Nobody: 9:28pm On Oct 10, 2010
loving01:

@ 190, thanks for your advice, he has begged me to wait for him, and has promised to make it all well.
Well, I am not Jesus Christ, and when i said back to square one, i mean back to his same non-chalant state of waiting around for things to come to him.

Thanks everyone

@ fier arm, i will get in touch with you.

mobinga, its easy for you to say so.

ok. I am waiting. I once met someone who had a similar issue. and I can tell u she is very happy now
Re: Please I Beg For Your Advice by ThoniaSlim(f): 9:29pm On Oct 10, 2010
As much as I admire your dedication to this man, I think you need to have a rethink of what you really want. Seriously if he's at least making efforts and following through with them, its understandable. But in my opinion he's capitalizing on your love for him. At 27 and he has nothing to show for it, not even a degree? Girl I think its high time you take off those rosy love glasses and start thinking with your brain.
Re: Please I Beg For Your Advice by 190: 9:30pm On Oct 10, 2010
loving01:

they say love is blind.

I just always hope there was something more I could do for him. He is willing to learn (as he knows he doesnt know it all) infact, when we first met, he told me soooo many lies, but the truth is I never believed a single one, and I made him know I detest lies (i understood he lied so as to prop himself up, considering the fact that he knew I was not some cheap girl, and he needed me to accept him)

I forgave him, and told him I accepted him the way he was, and today, he thinks twice before trying to lie to me (at least that alone shows he is open minded when it comes to learning)

I just believe in my love for him, and I feel he just needs someone to guide him right. I feel at this point, it is not fair to just leave him., (even if i wanted, its not easy to do so)

You haven't answered my question

Are u Jesus christ of Nazareth,

So he doesn't lie to you no more thats one of the things you changed about him (Nice)

Tell me how does that put food on your table for your future kids (if ever you get married to him)

My dear, PLEASE im begging You PLEASE,

Girls like you are rear (a rear Ruby)

He knows this and thats why he aint letting go,

if you were a proper 9JA girl (the type we know)

They would have left his SORRY NO GOOD PIECE OF AZZ (6days after they noticed The fool has no life)

Go out there and look for a responsible well mannered man (like myself 190)

And settle down, You are 25yrs remember (except your parents hasn't started knocking on your door for marriage)

And yes lemme chip sometin in,

I can bet you $1000 that if your No good sorry piss of a Boyfriend (pardon me for my choice of words)

Leaves this country, (even @ cotonu border) he would send you a text message that he's done with your sorry azz

so let him keep waiting to go to america,he thinks america is created for destitutes like himself, A real NFA

clearly you need
Re: Please I Beg For Your Advice by loving01: 9:40pm On Oct 10, 2010
190, your comments are harsh in a funny way,
He is not that kind of person that would just leave like that.

@ Thonia slim,yes, he is ready to get back to school now, which is why I am looking for a school for him in europe, and he is determined to struggle while schooling too. He has assured me that he will do all it takes to be up and doing.
Re: Please I Beg For Your Advice by 190: 9:45pm On Oct 10, 2010
loving01:

190, your comments are harsh in a funny way,
He is not that kind of person that would just leave like that.

@ Thonia slim,yes, he is ready to get back to school now, which is why I am looking for a school for him in europe, and he is determined to struggle while schooling too. He has assured me that he will do all it takes to be up and doing.

Keep getting assured

cos you are GT assurance!

I understand your problems in entirety
this is a simple case of sentimental attachment and fear of the unknown

I will very much like to help u
dont take it as if I want to take advantage of u

buzz me on 190@mail.mn
b'cus I know u might not want the intricate details on a forum

FYI
I am happily married to Omolola
she's my one and only
so I wont take advantage of u;
Re: Please I Beg For Your Advice by Nobody: 9:47pm On Oct 10, 2010
^^^

why u dey photocopy my lines
has ur brain been formatted again

@loving01
am still on yim waiting
Re: Please I Beg For Your Advice by bxcode(m): 9:49pm On Oct 10, 2010
190, why your blood dey hot like this?
@poster, since he aint adding no value to your life from what u said, i suggest you leave him and move on. THIS IS WHAT I CALL A PARASITIC RELATIONSHIP!
Re: Please I Beg For Your Advice by ds700(m): 9:50pm On Oct 10, 2010
Nobody can help you except you.

Because you are under the influence of his love lust

You don't want to loose him yet you are seeking for a visa for his leave travelling.

If you finally leave him pls don't rush into another relationship as you may be subjecting the new person to a risk (remember he was once a cultist trust their sense of judgement)

If you finally leave him he will either turn to be a serious person (for he will by force realize how pathetic it is to be unserious in life) OR he will become 10x worst that he used to be before you met him (as all hopes will be lost)

Once he crosses the boundary of Nigeria forget him. (except you deliberately want to settle him that way in other to quietly hook to another - ie playing save.)

People like him even when you make them an ambassador of their country in a foreign land will definitely not achieve anything meaningful, ie. from his current take.

IT IS GOOD TO BE GOOD, BUT IT IS VERY BAD TO BE TOO GOOD!

STOP BEING TOO GOOD
Re: Please I Beg For Your Advice by Nobody: 9:52pm On Oct 10, 2010
lol even 190 does make sense once in a blue moon. If the dude leaves for the US, he will never marry the OP. I can bet 99% he will marry american to get his papers and that will the end of it.
Re: Please I Beg For Your Advice by 190: 9:56pm On Oct 10, 2010

STOP BEING TOO GOOD !!!

Stored and saved in my digitalized brain!!

davidylan:

lol even 190 does make sense once in a blue moon. If the dude leaves for the US, he will never marry the OP. I can bet 99% he will marry american to get his papers and that will the end of it.
I deliver quality responses to peeps in need,[size=2pt]I remember you, aint you that dude thats smoothly stole the_amaka from me!! angry angry[/size]
Re: Please I Beg For Your Advice by loving01: 10:03pm On Oct 10, 2010
bxcode:

190, why your blood dey hot like this?
@poster, since he aint adding no value to your life from what u said, i suggest you leave him and move on. THIS IS WHAT I CALL A PARASITIC RELATIONSHIP!

Thanks for your advice, well taken, but the truth is that if he had the means, he would do his best.

ds700:

Nobody can help you except you.

Because you are under the influence of his love lust

You don't want to loose him yet you seeking for a visa for his leave travelling.

If you finally leave him pls don't rush into another relationship as you may be subjecting that person to a risk (remember he was once a cultist)

If you leave him he will either turn to be a serious person (for he will realize how pathetic it is be unserious in life) OR he will become 10x worst that he used to be before you met him (as all hopes will be lost)

Once he crosses boundary forget him. (except you deliberately want to settle him that way then quietly hook to another here - ie playing save.)

People like him even when you make them an ambassador of their country in a foreign land will definitely not achieve anything meaningful.

STOP BEING TOO GOOD

thanks for your words

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jealousy Or The Right Thing To Do? / Do Girls Feel Bad When Guys Call Them "Chick"? / 15 Great First Date Questions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.