Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,048 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:57 AM

I'm About To Propose To My Sales Girl, Advice Needed - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I'm About To Propose To My Sales Girl, Advice Needed (54327 Views)

What Do I Do With This Girl? Advice Needed! / I Want To Break Up With My Girl; Advice Needed. / What I Found On My Sales Girl's Facebook Messages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm About To Propose To My Sales Girl, Advice Needed by Nobody: 9:26am On Jul 13, 2019
kizwid:
how will go know say, this your story no be fake as your gender?
the story does not add up
Re: I'm About To Propose To My Sales Girl, Advice Needed by lekonso: 9:27am On Jul 13, 2019
GogobiriLalas:
wow You're wise, I didn't even think of that. OP listen to this dude right here.

My friend, age does not determine maturity. There are 30yr olds that behave like teenagers

1 Like

Re: I'm About To Propose To My Sales Girl, Advice Needed by godofuck231: 9:29am On Jul 13, 2019
mezarddinny:
feel safe and secure from boko haram and islamic state?
that one was tight
Re: I'm About To Propose To My Sales Girl, Advice Needed by Olarewaju89: 9:29am On Jul 13, 2019
Are you normal at all?

softwerk:
grin

In the voice of Julia Roberts;

Don't marry her! Marry me let me make you happy cry

Re: I'm About To Propose To My Sales Girl, Advice Needed by srclark: 9:30am On Jul 13, 2019
Adakintroy2:

Abeg leave that thing..character no DE hide. If you miss something others will see it. If she has been working for some years that is enough observation
The rest can be work on. Plus people give good remarks not only him. So there are no sentiments.

My guy you done see wifeoo
i dont want to sound like a show spoiler.But the op has to be careful .what if she is taking advantage of the fact the op is single and his business is doing fine ,many naija babes are these way all in the name of marriage once they are in then you see their true colour
Re: I'm About To Propose To My Sales Girl, Advice Needed by goodyvin02(m): 9:31am On Jul 13, 2019
SavageBoy:

who's dis old farm tool

pls can someone remind me d name of the old farm tool I'm talking about here grin
Hoo or heo sorry i have a problem with spellings
Re: I'm About To Propose To My Sales Girl, Advice Needed by micxwell(m): 9:31am On Jul 13, 2019
What kind of foolish question is this ehn undecided undecided. The business is not hers and she's managing it well and she confessed to you how being around you makes her feel, then you went silent and drove her home without saying are word. What in God's name is wrong with you? You are meant to seal it there and then!...

1 Like

Re: I'm About To Propose To My Sales Girl, Advice Needed by Fantazy(m): 9:33am On Jul 13, 2019
softwerk:
grin
In the voice of Julia Roberts;
Don't marry her! Marry me let me make you happy cry
U don't belong to the group (wife materials)
Re: I'm About To Propose To My Sales Girl, Advice Needed by openmine(m): 9:36am On Jul 13, 2019
Being an excellent staff at work does not translate into being 'good enough' to have a relationship with!

Like someone said here,try to proceed with caution and first date her before contemplating marriage!

Remember,being your staff is completely different from being your partner or lover!

2 Likes

Re: I'm About To Propose To My Sales Girl, Advice Needed by HMarshal(m): 9:36am On Jul 13, 2019
She is ur bizness face @tm, can ur lust or lose ur bizness, let her Midas touch remain on ur bizness,buh if u want to take the risk, do.remb once u strt a relationship wit her, a lot of things will change, she will be "caged", those tips folks give her & returnng because of her is because they want her too (even for just sex). The moment she is no longer to work because she has to always consider ur emmotion ur bizness might suffer

1 Like

Re: I'm About To Propose To My Sales Girl, Advice Needed by fynex(m): 9:38am On Jul 13, 2019
ellalina:
My male bestie confided this in me too. He is also a Nairalander.

I run a sharwama and agent bank outlet for over 3 years and it’s been a good business experience for me expect trust issues with my sales Girl. I have sacked over 6 girls in space of 2 years for attitude and fraud related cases.

One of the days when I have to stay at the shop because my sales girl did not come to work, a young lady walked in with her CV. She said she saw my vacancy outside, I collected her CV and went through it. She is a 22 years old ND holder who studies communication.

I asked her why she would not return to get her HND. She replied that she wants to continue at the National open university where she can work and learn.
I have her 1 week trial and that is the beginning of good things in my business.

She is so consistent, All customers I mean all of them always leave a good remark about her and why they keep coming back. When ever I return from my office to the shop, I notice how people keep giving her tips and she declares it everyday but I don’t collect it from her. Sometimes she makes up to 5K daily in tips.

Fast forward 1 year, I have taken another shop and expanded my business. I cannot remember the last time we recorded shortage in the shop. My business has become so profitable that Am thinking of quiting my job to expand the business as my salary is like 20% of what the shop now makes for me.

To reward her, I picked interest in her education, I bought her the direct entry form at the open university and she has started.

These days I noticed she has suddenly changed towards me. She doesn't ask how my day was, she avoids me and don’t look into my face when we talk. I was really worried because I have grown fond of her. I have admired her as a lady but I maintained a professional relationship.

There are times I want to ask her to follow me to events and outings but I keep controlling my urge. She called that her mum was sick so she would not be available. I decided to surprise her by paying her a visit, she could not believe her eyes when she saw me at her door step with a bag of provisions in my hand. I greeted the mum. The woman prayed for me a lot before I took my leave.

On getting home, I could not understand myself anymore. My experience at her home further boost her interest in my heart. I could not sleep that night so I picked my phone to chat with a random friend online. I saw Lucy was online too. So I called her at about 12:30 am. I asked her why she is not asleep. She said she has an emotional support that has been bothering her for days. I tried to convince her to tell me but she declined, I figured it’s about a guy although I never saw her with a guy or call one at work.

I told her I was worried too and she is the cause. I told her how she has been of immense blessing to my life and how I wish she would play a bigger role in my life. She went silent. She later hung up and turned her phone off.

She called in the morning to apologize for cutting the call. By evening, I was back at the shop. I opted to drive her home but she refused. This was very unlike her so I insisted. As we approached her neighborhood,I parked under a roadside tree. I asked her to open up to me what the issue with her was.

To my greatest shock, Lucy confesses that I was the cause of her issues. I went quiet for a while trying to figure out what she meant. I asked again how am I the cause, at this moment her eyes were laden with tears Lucy told me she could not stop thinking about me and can’t control herself around me. She said she is confused because the feeling she is having for me get her scared.

While I sat and steer at her, I knew I felt exactly THE same way for her. This time I was the quiet one. I just drove her home and back.

I am 29 and she is now 23 going to 24. I have a job and a good business. Why can’t I marry her.

She has helped me grow my business. She is adorable and well trained. I want to ask her to marry me any moment. I am strongly convinced that we can grow together and build a good business network.

What do you guys thing. Is this a wise move?

Go ahead!
Re: I'm About To Propose To My Sales Girl, Advice Needed by Upaka(f): 9:40am On Jul 13, 2019
SavageBoy:

who's dis old farm tool

pls can someone remind me d name of the old farm tool I'm talking about here grin

Hoe
Re: I'm About To Propose To My Sales Girl, Advice Needed by grandstar(m): 9:41am On Jul 13, 2019
ellalina:
My male bestie confided this in me too. He is also a Nairalander.

I run a sharwama and agent bank outlet for over 3 years and it’s been a good business experience for me expect trust issues with my sales Girl. I have sacked over 6 girls in space of 2 years for attitude and fraud related cases.

One of the days when I have to stay at the shop because my sales girl did not come to work, a young lady walked in with her CV. She said she saw my vacancy outside, I collected her CV and went through it. She is a 22 years old ND holder who studies communication.

I asked her why she would not return to get her HND. She replied that she wants to continue at the National open university where she can work and learn.
I have her 1 week trial and that is the beginning of good things in my business.

She is so consistent, All customers I mean all of them always leave a good remark about her and why they keep coming back. When ever I return from my office to the shop, I notice how people keep giving her tips and she declares it everyday but I don’t collect it from her. Sometimes she makes up to 5K daily in tips.

Fast forward 1 year, I have taken another shop and expanded my business. I cannot remember the last time we recorded shortage in the shop. My business has become so profitable that Am thinking of quiting my job to expand the business as my salary is like 20% of what the shop now makes for me.

To reward her, I picked interest in her education, I bought her the direct entry form at the open university and she has started.

These days I noticed she has suddenly changed towards me. She doesn't ask how my day was, she avoids me and don’t look into my face when we talk. I was really worried because I have grown fond of her. I have admired her as a lady but I maintained a professional relationship.

There are times I want to ask her to follow me to events and outings but I keep controlling my urge. She called that her mum was sick so she would not be available. I decided to surprise her by paying her a visit, she could not believe her eyes when she saw me at her door step with a bag of provisions in my hand. I greeted the mum. The woman prayed for me a lot before I took my leave.

On getting home, I could not understand myself anymore. My experience at her home further boost her interest in my heart. I could not sleep that night so I picked my phone to chat with a random friend online. I saw Lucy was online too. So I called her at about 12:30 am. I asked her why she is not asleep. She said she has an emotional support that has been bothering her for days. I tried to convince her to tell me but she declined, I figured it’s about a guy although I never saw her with a guy or call one at work.

I told her I was worried too and she is the cause. I told her how she has been of immense blessing to my life and how I wish she would play a bigger role in my life. She went silent. She later hung up and turned her phone off.

She called in the morning to apologize for cutting the call. By evening, I was back at the shop. I opted to drive her home but she refused. This was very unlike her so I insisted. As we approached her neighborhood,I parked under a roadside tree. I asked her to open up to me what the issue with her was.

To my greatest shock, Lucy confesses that I was the cause of her issues. I went quiet for a while trying to figure out what she meant. I asked again how am I the cause, at this moment her eyes were laden with tears Lucy told me she could not stop thinking about me and can’t control herself around me. She said she is confused because the feeling she is having for me get her scared.

While I sat and steer at her, I knew I felt exactly THE same way for her. This time I was the quiet one. I just drove her home and back.

I am 29 and she is now 23 going to 24. I have a job and a good business. Why can’t I marry her.

She has helped me grow my business. She is adorable and well trained. I want to ask her to marry me any moment. I am strongly convinced that we can grow together and build a good business network.

What do you guys thing. Is this a wise move?

Romance or as we say here, "love wantin tin". You just caught the love bug.

Both you and your sweet will live happily ever after. Put a ring on it

2 Likes

Re: I'm About To Propose To My Sales Girl, Advice Needed by 1forall: 9:41am On Jul 13, 2019
Frankly, the reasons you've given are mainly emotional - they are not strong enough reasons to base a marital (lifetime) decision on.

Understand that being single, it is inevitable to develop feelings for a decent person you work with and see on a daily basis. So don't even consider the situation as special. You probably would have felt the same way if it was somebody else doing those things. And she probably felt the same for you even before you realized your own feelings.

One standard rule you would be violating by going into a relationship with her is that you'll be mixing business with pleasure and it's bound to have an unpredictable (usually negative) effect on both of you, and effectively the business. This is because it will become difficult to know where to draw the line between being her employer, and being her romantic partner. For example, if she begins to resume late consistently, maybe due to spending time with you after work, how will you react?

However if you're determined to get involved with her, you have to build a relationship with her first before you begin to consider marriage. Because you're already talking about a marriage proposal while it appears you have overlooked the stages you should go through before proposal.

You should take time to know her family - parents and siblings, and how they're set up. You should observe the relationship between her mum and dad, because it is likely to be the model she will base her own marriage on. You need to know their family values too. And you need to meet and know her friends because they will be likely reflections of her. Then you need to test her by asking questions particularly about any red flags you find. What you find would give you a picture of how marriage to her may be. Then it will be up to you to decide whether you can live with it forever, or not.

Note that doing all these things will take time so you shouldn't be in a hurry, and it's only after you've done these things that you'll be be in a good position to consider marriage.

3 Likes

Re: I'm About To Propose To My Sales Girl, Advice Needed by jaxxy(m): 9:43am On Jul 13, 2019
I don't see much issues here it seems u both like urselves or atleast on same page bt I will only advice u don't get too emotional that u stop thinking with ur heads. Know what u really want and if that's it then beautiful go for it.

I will ask u know alil bout her relationship history, etc cos I dont believe so much in angels and saints so easily these days. It doesn't have to be perfect bt u need to know abit b4 we hear another set stories that may touch. Goodluck
Re: I'm About To Propose To My Sales Girl, Advice Needed by gabbytabby: 9:45am On Jul 13, 2019
Story plenty. This ones are few and far between quick quick grab her unless introduce her to me and I go find her a good job and husband too.

kernniejay:
Your bestie should not just jump into conclusion that she is the right one for him. He must be sure that he is not been led by mere sentiments and emotions, and not because the girl has brought a turn around to his business. He must have the inner conviction that she is the right one for him. Even at that, he must take his time to nurture a pure, non erotical relationship to study her closely and know more about her circle of friends and relatives. If there is no red flag and all coasts clear, he can pop up the big question. Nothing is wrong in marrying your staff if you are sure of where your marital journey will lead.
Re: I'm About To Propose To My Sales Girl, Advice Needed by Shino444(m): 9:45am On Jul 13, 2019
To me you done tire to pay her salary, that's why you wan wife her�
Re: I'm About To Propose To My Sales Girl, Advice Needed by PrimadonnaO(f): 9:50am On Jul 13, 2019
Dudeweedlmao:
Don't propose yet. You guys can court for maybe a year or two to closely study what kind of girl she is. Oh who am I kidding, she's worked for you for over a year, I'm sure you know more than enough.

But if it was me, I won't marry or date her. I'd cast my net somewhere else (although it's too late for you now)

The reason I won't date her is because she's good for business and it's very very hard to find someone to replace her.

As if she'll be his sales girl forever.

1 Like

Re: I'm About To Propose To My Sales Girl, Advice Needed by Nobody: 9:51am On Jul 13, 2019
She's ur wife.
Re: I'm About To Propose To My Sales Girl, Advice Needed by GOFRONT(m): 9:51am On Jul 13, 2019
First of all, What did your Genotype say??

Are you genotypically compartible??

1 Like

Re: I'm About To Propose To My Sales Girl, Advice Needed by TotoNaRubber: 9:59am On Jul 13, 2019
Op you deserve a very hot slap, this is exactly the same script we swore not to release until Nollywood agrees to sponsor us.

Lie Mohammed like you.

Idiot, next time reference the source and don't just copy and paste.

1 Like

Re: I'm About To Propose To My Sales Girl, Advice Needed by babyfaceafrica: 10:00am On Jul 13, 2019
gnykelly:

This is not a case of pity... She will worth every bit of it... Handling over the business to when married will guarantee a trust support. And assurance that if the man dies the children will be with the best care.
why will thr man die and not the woman?..all this una permutation sha?...
Re: I'm About To Propose To My Sales Girl, Advice Needed by fujirice: 10:00am On Jul 13, 2019
srclark:
why ? she is still very young and she is a student .Boss and sales girl is different from boss and fiancee in business .What she would take permission for normally once she is fiancee she would not take permission for anymore.So she should get a supervision role to come once or twice a week to check on the new salesgirls and do book keeping and see how they relate with customers but not that daily direct access to money
Well, let’s just agree to disagree.
Following what the Op shared, this one is different. Someone that turns in her tips at the end of the day is to be trusted if you ask me.
It’s not as if it’s a one-off something. She has been tested over the year and the business grew in that respect as well.
Re: I'm About To Propose To My Sales Girl, Advice Needed by Bamdex28: 10:04am On Jul 13, 2019
Go n do blood test if u are comparable before u proceed
Re: I'm About To Propose To My Sales Girl, Advice Needed by gnykelly(m): 10:05am On Jul 13, 2019
babyfaceafrica:
why will thr man die and not the woman?..all this una permutation sha?...

You can like or hate it... That is the stat...
Re: I'm About To Propose To My Sales Girl, Advice Needed by heavylaro: 10:05am On Jul 13, 2019
OP you should date this your staff for at least 6 months first without mentioning marriage or giving a hint.Within this period you will know better if to decide to propose to her for marriage or not.
Marriage is deeper than the surface you are seeing currently.

1 Like

Re: I'm About To Propose To My Sales Girl, Advice Needed by victorian(f): 10:07am On Jul 13, 2019
Check both of your blood groups, Check HIV status, then place it in prayer. Everything is compatible? Biko marry her.
Also let her meet with your family members and watch her reaction and interaction with them. If it's good, my brother marry her.

Such ladies are scarce. With her presence in the business u are even doing well and expanding in biz.

Men and their inconclusive attitude.

Hmmmmm
Re: I'm About To Propose To My Sales Girl, Advice Needed by hagisolo: 10:07am On Jul 13, 2019
guess u should start with courtship at list for 6month b4 talking of marriage , by then your intention will be officially made known to her , no more employer/employee relationship. by then u will be able to see some of her flaws as none is perfect... close observation and so on///
Re: I'm About To Propose To My Sales Girl, Advice Needed by Onyeka8: 10:08am On Jul 13, 2019
find out more abt her b4 u marry her.
Re: I'm About To Propose To My Sales Girl, Advice Needed by lasmile(f): 10:10am On Jul 13, 2019
Fast Fast ... Make she no turn you into COZAA grin in the future.

Good step.
Re: I'm About To Propose To My Sales Girl, Advice Needed by Clinghton: 10:11am On Jul 13, 2019
She is a blessing be quick before you would have to fight to get her.
Such ladies are rare
Re: I'm About To Propose To My Sales Girl, Advice Needed by Omoboy(m): 10:11am On Jul 13, 2019
More women comments needed on this issue they know themselves better.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Mr. Man, My Face Is Not On My Chest!!" / Pretty Lady Applying Make Up As Her Fiance Watches In Pre-wedding Photos / Jane Mena Shares 'Merry Christmas' Twerking Video To Celebrate Xmas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.