Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,087 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

I Don't Want To Marry Her. Should I Reject The Job? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Don't Want To Marry Her. Should I Reject The Job? (53210 Views)

Bride Mocks Her Ex For Saying No Man Would Ever Marry Her (Photos, Video) / My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? / How Do I Know If My Girlfriend Will Get Fat When I Marry Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Don't Want To Marry Her. Should I Reject The Job? by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jul 14, 2019
DonMekino:

Exactly my point.... OP should act naive, take the job and act as if the girl doesn't exist, since they didn't force him to marry the girl. Naive in this case is a concealed wisdom.
FYI stop harassing ppl on social media and to answer your question.... Am from planet � earth

It’s just sarcasm ... jeez.!!!!!!!

u sound like Busola Dakolo already....

Where do we now leave conscience, cos obviously the op’s conscience is already condemning him... its one thing not to be sure of ur feelings at a point and u are sleeping with a girl and using her and her mother for gain..... it’s another thing entirely to know u don’t give a shitt about the girl and u want to still use them all the same..That’s just plain wrong!

Though It’s a terrible and cutthroat world we are in....but what do we have left in this world where pastors, imam, leaders have allowed people to loose faith and feel God doesn’t exist...::it’s conscience we have left, is that not what’s holding the remaining sanity left in the world.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don't Want To Marry Her. Should I Reject The Job? by Wizywiz(m): 4:12pm On Jul 14, 2019
madridguy:
My brother made such mistake and till date he's still biting his fingers in silent. OP use your brain otherwise you may end up like my brother.
mind sharing his experience
Re: I Don't Want To Marry Her. Should I Reject The Job? by 400billionman: 4:13pm On Jul 14, 2019
Ramanto:
I'm not convinced I can marry her but her mum is getting me a job now. Should I decline the offer please? I seriously need your contributions. I need the job, but I don't want to be indebted to the family

When the job pays you cash for 6 months, you will know what to do.

For now, your sense of judgment is RUSTED..
Re: I Don't Want To Marry Her. Should I Reject The Job? by Charleys: 4:15pm On Jul 14, 2019
MJBOLT:
take the job and fvck the girl,it's a win for you on both sides

I wonder why no one has liked this post till now. I this is the best advice.
Re: I Don't Want To Marry Her. Should I Reject The Job? by DonMekino(m): 4:15pm On Jul 14, 2019
1StopRudeness:

It’s just sarcasm ... jeez.!!!!!!!

u sound like Busola Dakolo already....

Where do we now leave conscience, cos obviously the op’s conscience is already condemning him... its one thing not to be sure of ur feelings at a point and u are sleeping with a girl and using her and her mother for gain..... it’s another thing entirely to know u don’t give a shitt about the girl and u want to still use them all the same..That’s just plain wrong!

Though It’s a terrible and cutthroat world we are in....but what do we have left in this world where pastors, imam, leaders have allowed people to loose faith and feel God doesn’t exist...::it’s conscience we have left, is that not what’s holding the remaining sanity left in the world.
I never read where op said he's sleeping with the girl sha
Re: I Don't Want To Marry Her. Should I Reject The Job? by nicepoker101(m): 4:16pm On Jul 14, 2019
Getting married is not an achievement in life bro. Use your head.
Re: I Don't Want To Marry Her. Should I Reject The Job? by budaatum: 4:16pm On Jul 14, 2019
If he takes the job he will feel pressured into marrying her unless he is a coldhearted bastard who does not care about others, which will be his downfall in the end.

If you take the job op, I'd be surprised if you don't marry her.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Want To Marry Her. Should I Reject The Job? by akinszz: 4:16pm On Jul 14, 2019
zeenaman:

I don't love her.
can you transfer d girl to me grin me need wife and job altogether grin grin grin 2 in 1 grin grin omo na jackpot o grin grin grin them go give job come put pussie on top am, you dey complain d pussie no get hair, ah! Dem suppose crucify you for tree.

5 Likes

Re: I Don't Want To Marry Her. Should I Reject The Job? by abysirius(m): 4:18pm On Jul 14, 2019
Sir, how long have u gone with her? I hope u understand because this matters too. It's easier if there has not been sex or too much sex.
Re: I Don't Want To Marry Her. Should I Reject The Job? by EldonCash247: 4:19pm On Jul 14, 2019
There's something you aren't telling us here; what's ur connected wt d girl and d family, 've u bn in relationship wt d said girl before d job offer?
Re: I Don't Want To Marry Her. Should I Reject The Job? by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jul 14, 2019
DonMekino:

I never read where op said he's sleeping with the girl sha

Can U see now I wasn’t harassing u earlier....u are actually very naive...

Let’s assume he ain’t sleeping with this chic...still doesn’t mean he ain’t using her and mother....all he needs to do is tell her he’s not sure if where the relationship is heading as an ambitious man that would love to see the world b4 settling down...I’m sure she won’t run and tell her Mum to stop the job offer....

1 Like

Re: I Don't Want To Marry Her. Should I Reject The Job? by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jul 14, 2019
Normally, I wouldn't respond to a thread of this kind, but the responses, which I'm sure, are from devout christians, devout muslims, ethical atheists/agnostics and godless moralists, is quite sad.

First off, you get into a relationship with zero plans for marriage. Not trying to be a moral judge here, but I would have respected your choice more if your girlfriend was aware too. She clearly has feelings for you and most likely looking towards the future with expectations, hence her getting the mum to help out with this job. Sadly, you have no feelings for her and most likely only need her to keep your bed warm.

Now, the mother has pulled strings and probably played an ace reserved for family only, not knowing it's all a sham!

Let's even forget about the job for a second. Have you ever thought about how your girlfriend would manage a breakup? What about the mum/family who may be also be scathed from the breakup? How is this case any different from 'wicked Nigerians' who deceptively get married to ladies for green card? How are you any different than Yahoo boys? Don't you all serve the same gods - mammon and your belly!

Sadly, lots of Nigerians on NL are cheering you on. Tomorrow, same idiots will cuss at Politicians and brand them as thieves, but isn't it the same game of deception? Play along or deceive the people until you get what you want. After you win the elections and have your pockets full of cash, you can always assuage their bleeding hearts with bags of rice or cows.

The game is the game, right?
As I'll always say, a wicked people deserve wicked leaders and a land filled with wickedness, which is why Nigeria is the way it is today.

Young man, a good name is better than a sack of gold. Search your conscience and do the right thing.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Don't Want To Marry Her. Should I Reject The Job? by IAmTobore(m): 4:24pm On Jul 14, 2019
iCauseTrouble:
Collect the job. Play along till the job is sealed. Then break up if you have a justifiable reason to do so.
They should not use job to chain you to marriage
He breaks up, he loses the job. No be only u smart.
Re: I Don't Want To Marry Her. Should I Reject The Job? by Afiahomes(m): 4:25pm On Jul 14, 2019
With the way Op explained...the girl might be olosho and he can't marry that kind of person.

Op, please fleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

State your qualifications here and see how nairalanders might help you without conditions grin grin
Re: I Don't Want To Marry Her. Should I Reject The Job? by IAmTobore(m): 4:26pm On Jul 14, 2019
madridguy:
My brother made such mistake and till date he's still biting his fingers in silent. OP use your brain otherwise you may end up like my brother.
What mistake exactly? Let's learn.
Re: I Don't Want To Marry Her. Should I Reject The Job? by Ramanto(m): 4:27pm On Jul 14, 2019
abysirius:
Sir, how long have u gone with her? I hope u understand because this matters too. It's easier if there has not been sex or too much sex.
There is no sex. It's a distance relationship. It has only lasted seven months.

I appreciate everyone for their contributions
Re: I Don't Want To Marry Her. Should I Reject The Job? by Meliian(f): 4:28pm On Jul 14, 2019
You don't want to marry her but are considering taking the job. Olé.

5 Likes

Re: I Don't Want To Marry Her. Should I Reject The Job? by akinszz: 4:29pm On Jul 14, 2019
DonMekino:
Did they tie giving u job as a condition to marrying her or u just feel that it's wat they are planning?
you too put yourself in girl's mom position... Life is about give and take grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Don't Want To Marry Her. Should I Reject The Job? by femi4: 4:31pm On Jul 14, 2019
Ramanto:
I'm not convinced I can marry her but her mum is getting me a job now. Should I decline the offer please? I seriously need your contributions. I need the job, but I don't want to be indebted to the family
Refuse the job if you have alternative

Accept the job if its not a condition tied to marrying her daughter
Re: I Don't Want To Marry Her. Should I Reject The Job? by joromii: 4:31pm On Jul 14, 2019
Why don't you wanna marry her?
Re: I Don't Want To Marry Her. Should I Reject The Job? by deltateam: 4:32pm On Jul 14, 2019
GuestLog:
The girl loves you. The mother cares for you. I'm sure they need nothing more from you than the happiness of their daughter. If you lose this love from the family, you will regret it a few years later. You are looking for a woman who won't add benefit to your life abi? Good luck looking for job in Nigeria.

You are wise. They are willing to make op responsible. Does op think its easy to marry. Some guys work for 5 years before they can marry. Now op is getting everything on a platter of gold. Anyway his village people are strong.

3 Likes

Re: I Don't Want To Marry Her. Should I Reject The Job? by Glorylynn: 4:41pm On Jul 14, 2019
There is nothing to deliberate on here,you know your life and you know how you are coping,if you think you can survive without taking the job fine,but if you feel you need the job and you are still doing strong head ontop matter wey you fit sit down draw your own plan den your matter dey God hand.BTW how old are you?
Re: I Don't Want To Marry Her. Should I Reject The Job? by emsco(m): 4:42pm On Jul 14, 2019
hook me up with the lady but I dont need the job

1 Like

Re: I Don't Want To Marry Her. Should I Reject The Job? by akinszz: 4:44pm On Jul 14, 2019
deltateam:

Why can't you marry her? What is there in a woman that she doesn't have?

Anyway it depends on the type of job provided. If its a job of #250000 and above. Marriage ti take over.
the guy no no say man no dey love na woman dey love grin grin grin
Re: I Don't Want To Marry Her. Should I Reject The Job? by Nasir123(m): 4:44pm On Jul 14, 2019
GraGra247:
Refuse the job if you have an alternative.

If you don't, take the job if it's a well paying one. Save money and buy the girl a car or something valuable to compensate her family.

Cut ties with her and her family few months afterwards. Don't touch the girl throughout.

grin grin
Re: I Don't Want To Marry Her. Should I Reject The Job? by mastermind1759(m): 4:48pm On Jul 14, 2019
Nobody even ask y he no wan marry the girl? ¿ ����…...
Re: I Don't Want To Marry Her. Should I Reject The Job? by nurex01(m): 4:48pm On Jul 14, 2019
Ramanto:
Lalasticlala, what advice do you have for a bother?

I got to know her under an unclear circumstance. I saw her just once at an event, we exchanged contacts and that was all. There is distance involved that's why I didn't get to know she's not what I want on time
lol! You are calling lalasticlala as if this is � snake thread
Re: I Don't Want To Marry Her. Should I Reject The Job? by bethyz(m): 4:53pm On Jul 14, 2019
That is why it is good to date someone you see as a companion.
Some of these men just pick up any girl for dating sake or to continue there sexual escapade.

When good thing come your way through her you see it as a trap
Then when its turning sour you want to run.
As confused as the women so is the men.

Now her mother wants to do somthing good for you but because your intention where never true you want to run or rather asking us to advice you to either stay.
You are wicked!!!!!
Let me not say any other thing against you.

Please dont accept the job and please set her free so she can meet the right man for her. Stop wasting her time.

4 Likes

Re: I Don't Want To Marry Her. Should I Reject The Job? by alizma: 4:55pm On Jul 14, 2019
Ramanto:
It all depends on what you already told them or what you have made them believe for you to think that getting the job without marrying the girl will be an issue. Have you project yourself as their daughter's fiance or friend?
Re: I Don't Want To Marry Her. Should I Reject The Job? by DonMekino(m): 5:07pm On Jul 14, 2019
1StopRudeness:

Can U see now I wasn’t harassing u earlier....u are actually very naive...

Let’s assume he ain’t sleeping with this chic...still doesn’t mean he ain’t using her and mother....all he needs to do is tell her he’s not sure if where the relationship is heading as an ambitious man that would love to see the world b4 settling down...I’m sure she won’t run and tell her Mum to stop the job offer....
u make mum n daughter look desperate... I still say that we don't know the full story

1 Like

Re: I Don't Want To Marry Her. Should I Reject The Job? by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jul 14, 2019
DonMekino:

u make mum n daughter look desperate... I still say that we don't know the full story

Alright, there’s always another side to a story, I’m not doubting that
But from ur point here, if they are not desperate the normal thing to do is let the boyfriend remain jobless ??

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

His Girlfriend Was Sex Chatting With Another Guy. What Should He Do?! / Lady Weds Physically Challenged Man In A Wheelchair In Abia. Photos / 10 Things Most Guys Do When Expecting Their Girlfriends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.