Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,518 members, 7,812,607 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:08 PM

Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ - Celebrities (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ (67657 Views)

Men Cheat For Fun Not Because They Don’t Love Their Wives — Blessing CEO / If People Died During The #lekkimassacre, Let Their People Speak Out-Omotola / Nigerian Celebs Just Love Their Social Media Photos With Cars In Them! (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by IkpuMmadu: 7:04am On Jul 18, 2019
laudate:

You dey mind that clown? I have even gone back to attach screenshots with info, to show that the Okun people are Yoruba, but the guy's ignorance has remained permanent. sad Maybe when the Okun people decide to give him a befitting reply, his brain cells will be reset.

Has Dino ever called himself yoruba... He can't he hasn't and he wouldn't do that... I have okun friends.... They are different from yoruba and they know that bro. They would say that anytime

Let's respect them
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by IkpuMmadu: 7:06am On Jul 18, 2019
[quote author=laudate post=80308690][/quote]

Ilaje are ijaw not yoruba... Sowore made it clear
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by laudate: 7:30am On Jul 18, 2019
IkpuMmadu:
Has Dino ever called himself yoruba... He can't he hasn't and he wouldn't do that... I have okun friends.... They are different from yoruba and they know that bro. They would say that anytime

Let's respect them
You are still arguing here like a dumbbell even after Okun people have come out to clarify that they are clearly Yoruba? Your silliness is getting worse by the day. Saying that an Okun man is not Yoruba, is like saying an Ngwa man is not Igbo.

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by laudate: 7:34am On Jul 18, 2019
IkpuMmadu:

You have seen an okun man telling it to your face that he prefers to be called Okun... I have seen and have a lot of Okun people that detest the term yoruba.... They said it is a name given by fulani... They prefer their name okun, even Akoko people.. Egun also (some)

The Okun man also said it clearly that Okun people are Yoruba. In the very first line of his response to my post. Or didn't you see it? I fit borrow you my contact lens, make you take check am, o! shocked Read his response, again....

Mandesz:

well said! okun is typical Yorubas, united, peaceful and hardworking groups. but personally and my opinion, I priefer being identified as an okunman first. one of the reasons is many of the other Yorubas are hypocrites, selfish and divisive. I'm an okunman first, b4 u called me a Yoruba.

Shey, you can read? Now stop arguing blindly....

[img]https://media1./images/d8305dde14424a25518e862786161125/tenor.gif?itemid=5457118[/img]

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by ZiggyMr(m): 9:26am On Jul 18, 2019
IkpuMmadu:

Ilaje are ijaw not yoruba... Sowore made it clear

At this point, I ll let you be
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Probz(m): 7:45am On Jul 20, 2019
laudate:

Oga, is the faceless NL person who you are quoting the final authority on the identity of the Akoko people in Ondo State? Stop arguing about what you do not know, biko. shocked

Akoko people in Ondo state are Yoruba. Please can these Yoruba people enter here to tell this chap the truth?
ODVanguard, 7lives, IamPatriotic ,
9jakool, abdulwastecxx

And some deny their Yorubaness. Fact. End.

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Probz(m): 7:46am On Jul 20, 2019
laudate:

You are still arguing here like a dumbbell even after Okun people have come out to clarify that they are clearly Yoruba? Your silliness is getting worse by the day. Saying that an Okun man is not Yoruba, is like saying an Ngwa man is not Igbo.

Not saying they’re not but some deny it.

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by laudate: 1:18am On Jul 21, 2019
Probz:
Not saying they’re not but some deny it.
They don't. Anyway, you are good at spreading fake tales when it comes to people's identity, so why am I not surprised??
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Probz(m): 6:08am On Jul 21, 2019
laudate:

They don't. Anyway, you are good at spreading fake tales when it comes to people's identity, so why am I not surprised??

So out of however many Okun people exist there’s not one who denies their Yoruba heritage? Not a single one? That right?

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by laudate: 8:27am On Jul 21, 2019
Probz:
So out of however many Okun people exist there’s not one who denies their Yoruba heritage? Not a single one? That right?

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Probz(m): 8:40am On Jul 21, 2019
[quote author=laudate post=80478232][/quote]

I know what I’ve heard through the interactions I’ve had with certain Okun people and that’s the extent of my experience on the matter. Doesn’t mean I’m fabricating just because the experience I had was less common than you’ve heretofore pictured it to be.

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by laudate: 8:43am On Jul 21, 2019
Probz:
I know what I’ve heard through the interactions I’ve had with certain Okun people and that’s the extent of my experience on the matter. Doesn’t mean I’m fabricating just because the experience I had was less common than you’ve heretofore pictured it to be.

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Probz(m): 8:45am On Jul 21, 2019
[quote author=laudate post=80478622][/quote]
Those captions you keep sending me don’t prove that individual Okun people might not see themselves as Yoruba.

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by laudate: 8:49am On Jul 21, 2019
Probz:
Those captions you keep sending me don’t prove that individual Okun people might not see themselves as Yoruba.

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Probz(m): 9:07am On Jul 21, 2019
[quote author=laudate post=80478766][/quote]

Get off Nairaland and get to church. Your lost soul could do with a bit of deliverance.

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by laudate: 9:15am On Jul 21, 2019
Probz:
Get off Nairaland and get to church. Your lost soul could do with a bit of deliverance.

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Probz(m): 9:17am On Jul 21, 2019
[quote author=laudate post=80479413][/quote]

I’ll cure you of your heboid foolishness if you let me.

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by laudate: 9:19am On Jul 21, 2019
Probz:
I’ll cure you of your heboid foolishness if you let me.

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Probz(m): 9:22am On Jul 21, 2019
[quote author=laudate post=80479520][/quote]

Bye.
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by winnah(f): 1:11pm On Jul 27, 2019
IkpuMmadu:

So we don't have igbi in Rivers State ...so is Chibuike Amaechi a Latin name...is Nyesom Wike a Greek name or is Amadi a Latin name

Stupidity everywhere...sometimes I think something is wro g with some of you guys ...in PH igbo (Ikwere and obigbo ) is the lingua there

Do you even know the meaning of obigbo ? It means heart of Igbo and it's in Rivers State

Your such a big full.... That akwa ibom and cross river bears the same name, understood each other could that justify that a crosiverian is and akwa ibomite.?
Your such a stupid, big fat idiot

You need that sniper.. Is it still #500

Snipper is still cheap....just ₦500 do the needful
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by stayreal: 4:13am On Aug 03, 2019
Burna boy's father is from Ahoada as stated earlier in this thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzMXvfJjfj8

This was in Ahoada, further proof that Burna boy is Igbo.

This is for truth sake, not to bash artists of other tribes.
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by opebiboy: 7:49pm On Aug 03, 2019
burna baba
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by AmuDimpka: 5:49am On Sep 30, 2019
Nemesis909:

How someone can write so many words of nonsense.

So what is nonesense about what the man wrote ?
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by AmuDimpka: 5:52am On Sep 30, 2019
laudate:

The Okun man also said it clearly that Okun people are Yoruba. In the very first line of his response to my post. Or didn't you see it? I fit borrow you my contact lens, make you take check am, o! shocked Read his response, again....

Shey, you can read? Now stop arguing blindly....

[img]https://media1./images/d8305dde14424a25518e862786161125/tenor.gif?itemid=5457118[/img]

He said that he prefers to be called okun man... That Yoruba selfish and divisive ... He said it himself and that is what it is
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by AmuDimpka: 5:55am On Sep 30, 2019
laudate:

Hmmn...you are always inventing fake stories when it comes to the identity of other people. No be you, again? shocked Where did you meet the Okun people that denied being Yoruba? From which towns in Okun land?

I hope you realise that people like Dino Melaye, the late Sunday Awoniyi etc, are Okun people. They have never denied being Yoruba, o! So take it easy with your lies, biko.....

Where as dino ever defined himself as a Yoruba man ?
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by PHijo(m): 4:30am On Feb 04, 2020
hammerF1:

But Edo use to be Igboland too.

It was the arrival of Ile Ibinu people(Bini) that chased all the aboriginal inhabitant of Edo far east. i.e. Ijaw, Urhobo, Igbo, Esan and Co

Anyway, that is a topic for later.

Aside the Igbo name, he is from Ahaoda.

The people there are Ekpeye. They are Igboid.

Burna boy Is not Igbo. He is Ijaw, from the Engenni clan in Ahoada West LGA of Rivers state

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Kinematics: 12:21pm On Mar 09, 2021
hammerFC:
BURNA BOY, ARE U NOT FROM AN IGBOID GROUP AND BY EXTENSION IGBO TOO?

THAT IS THE ONLY REASON WE SHOWED UP FOR U, ELSE, UR ON UR OWN. grin grin grin grin grin grin

Burna boy is Ijoid. Engenni!
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Kinematics: 12:24pm On Mar 09, 2021
stayreal:
Burna boy's father is from Ahoada as stated earlier in this thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzMXvfJjfj8

This was in Ahoada, further proof that Burna boy is Igbo.

This is for truth sake, not to bash artists of other tribes.

Burna boy is from Mbiama in Ahoada West local government of Rivers State. He is Engenni(Ijoid) not Ekpeye
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Kinematics: 12:29pm On Mar 09, 2021
franklingud:
Imagine Burna boy, as if he's not Igbo.

Back in 2014, his music wasn't that interesting and sweet like nowadays he changed pattern.

I mean I like Burna boy a lot even back then in 2014, I knew it was just a matter of time before his music blow hotter and what's happening now?

Burna boy don't talk like you don't reason well.

We the east love your music well and every other musician that gives us good tunes.

Maybe the weed you smoke told you that.

grin grin grin grin

Too much ignorance. When did Engenni become Ibo?
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Kinematics: 12:33pm On Mar 09, 2021
RejoiceBoysBlog:

OGULU[b][/b] is an IGBO NAME

Blood of God!
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Kinematics: 12:36pm On Mar 09, 2021
shogsman:
Thought he was Yoruba, didn't know he is Igbo.

Don't mind the Ibos to mislead you. Burna boy is never Ibo, but Ijaw.
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Kinematics: 12:39pm On Mar 09, 2021
onyeopobo:

[s] If you read the entire comments thus far properly, you'd have noticed that no one said timi dakolor or timaya were igbos. However Calling Burna Boy based on his place of origin (which is Ahoada) Igboid/igboic is not wrong. He's from a tribe that's some where between ogba and ogbia, their people bear igbo last names, their spoken language is a slightly more twisted Ogba which is an igbo subgroup, the first indegine from his village that built the first primary school in the area had a full igbo name, their kings have igbo names.

And sorry but there's no tribe called niger delta in nigeria, sorry for busting that bubble bro![/s]

Very misleading post.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

4 Of The Guys 9ice Praised In His Song "Living Things” (Photos) / Blessing Okoro Blasts Artist Who Drew Her Portrait / Odunlade Adekola And Yemi Osinbajo Pictured Together

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.