Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ - Celebrities (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ (67686 Views)

Men Cheat For Fun Not Because They Don’t Love Their Wives — Blessing CEO / If People Died During The #lekkimassacre, Let Their People Speak Out-Omotola / Nigerian Celebs Just Love Their Social Media Photos With Cars In Them! (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by freshMallam1122: 9:51pm On Jul 14, 2019
Barryseal:

Are you really that dull not to know I was talking about crowd attendance? Better go back to the elementary school you attended and ask for a refund.
oga crowd or Wat ever.. it can never be compared to any of those shows I mentioned above.. get it to ur thick skull. do u know how many countries trip in for calabar carnival alone.. or even the experience... east man. abi enugu man.. u will die for east.. no go outside go get small experience an sence. they thier village man
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Probz(m): 9:54pm On Jul 14, 2019
IkpuMmadu:

You are not in position to tell you how he feels

This is what he approved ....Yoruba always claiming ...well he can use your language to make money of you

He is pure igbo from Ahoada in Rivers just after Ohaji

Burna Boy, born Damini Ogulu, arrived into the world on July 2, 1991, in Ahoada. He was born to Nigerian parents Mr. and Mrs. Ogulu, who raised him in Ahoada and later moved to Lagos State, where the performer completed his basic education. According to records, Burna Boy attended Montessori International School, from where he moved to Corona, Agbara, Lagos, for his secondary school education.

Ekpeye isn’t Igbo.

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Barryseal: 9:57pm On Jul 14, 2019
freshMallam1122:
oga crowd or Wat ever.. it can never be compared to any of those shows I mentioned above.. get it to ur thick skull. do u know how many countries trip in for calabar carnival alone.. or even the experience... east man. abi enugu man.. u will die for east.. no go outside go get small experience an sence. they thier village man

You're really a dwarf. Such a small man. You couldn't stomach the fact that you read something positive happened in a particular region you loath.
Look at a dunce, who can't read and decipher claiming international man. Thunder kill you there

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by freshMallam1122: 10:01pm On Jul 14, 2019
Barryseal:

You're really a dwarf. Such a small man. You couldn't stomach the fact that you read something positive happened in a particular region you loath.
Look at a dunce, who can't read and decipher claiming international man. Thunder kill you there
your father annofia... common go sell okirika for aba nwah
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Barryseal: 10:09pm On Jul 14, 2019
freshMallam1122:
your father annofia... common go sell okirika for aba nwah

Great, I've finally managed to draw you out of your charade, through your squinted gazze and emotional turbulence. The word Igbo or South East have exposed the fragility in your ever diminishing emotional buffer zone...
Last last na thunder go finally kill you on top southeast matter.
Nwa mkpi

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by stevio(m): 10:27pm On Jul 14, 2019
My brother,you have a masters degree in "human finishing" grin. I can imagine how your patient feels right now cheesy.
IkpuMmadu:

He acts like Yoruba doesn't make him a Yoruba ....stop claiming people

Now you are acting like a monkey ...does it make you a monkey ?

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by herich(m): 10:34pm On Jul 14, 2019
DuBLINGreenb:
How is Burna Boy igbo? Timi dakolo or Timaya are all south south, *IJAW ETHNIC NATIONALITY* , Niger delta Republic, Google about any of those words/terms abeg we are not igbo thank you we are the fourth largest ethnic group in Nigeria over 17 million strong and not a sub group of igbo.
Igbo people want us for our oil daz all they want to use us as fuel to run biafra. It will not work.
Tamara/Tamuno is different from Chukwu. In fact our language is not related to any Niger-Congo language so it is not possible to even say that we originated from igbo people or any other Niger-Congo groups going by language alone.

You guys just love to contradict yourselves.
You can only speak for your ethnic group, as regard calling Tamara and tamuno, efik/Ibibio doesn't call Tamuno, ogoni, andoni, don't call Tamuno.
Some Niger Delta you're talking bout also call chukwu/chi.
Niger Delta didn't start and end with ijaw. hatred and bigotry has made you a narrow minded thinker.

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by franklingud(m): 10:48pm On Jul 14, 2019
grin grin grin grin where this one come from?
Who enjoy life pass for this naija?

Who flex pass?

No go that side ooo!!!

Ipodisacriminal:

Igbos don’t know how to flex or enjoy life

Na their local musicians Dey make them happy with their pot bellies

Thanks to the likes of

OMU OBILIGBO

PHYNO

Raw NIGGA.

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by franklingud(m): 10:50pm On Jul 14, 2019
He was referring to the southern part of Cameroon then?

Teejay13:

Franklingud, learn to read in between lines.
He was not referring to the eastern part of Nigeria.�
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by airmax16: 10:52pm On Jul 14, 2019
which one b ur own na
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by herich(m): 11:17pm On Jul 14, 2019
wisdomofGod:
People of biafra are now claiming that burna is an igbo guy because he is successful, the same set of ipob would have rejected him if he was a hardened criminal... Well, according to my geography map, i didn't find River state in Eastern region. Stop claiming what ain't yours, victor ad, don jazzy, faze, erriga, orezi, solidstar are from delta state. timaya, timi dakolo are from bayelsa. Duncan mighty, burna boy are from rivers. We don't speak igbo language, we have our own native language. We are not Igbo, we are not south east pls stop claiming..

Pls tell the world the real name of faze, even Duncan mighty.
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Yussuf06: 11:56pm On Jul 14, 2019
My dear u dont know burna friends n who he hangs out with.the 3minutes you watch him with his musical colleague is all u know..his best friends are igbo...stop sayin he acts like yoruba...n pls how do yorubas act
Infinityk:

Burna boy doesn't behave like igbos at all
He behaves like Yorubas,hangs out with Yorubas
U hardly see him speaking Igbo in his music
D guy is technically Yoruba
Do u know how Yorubas have helped his career?
A time on MTV base ,they were asking him where u came from ,so d interviewer said is he from d same region as timaya
If u see d way burna boy changed his face on mtv base
I remembered d program,its called top 10 naija on MTV base, he was asked about his region,he didn't even act like he was from rivers state
Why do u think he hangs out only with Yoruba artiste
Did u forget when he went to Ghana for vacation with wizkid early this year
The guy acts like Yoruba
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Yussuf06: 12:15am On Jul 15, 2019
Huge lie..who told u yorubas owe the industry.yoruba produce noise n not music..before wizkid n davido. Daddy showkey Tu face psquare aint yoruba
Duggedised12:
erriga concurs!

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by LZAA: 12:37am On Jul 15, 2019
freshMallam1122:
Says the man who has never neared niger bridge and calls lagos small london grin
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by laudate: 3:11am On Jul 15, 2019
onyeopobo:
If you read the entire comments thus far properly, you'd have noticed that no one said timi dakolor or timaya were igbos. However Calling Burna Boy based on his place of origin (which is Ahoada) Igboid/igboic is not wrong. He's from a tribe that's some where between ogba and ogbia, their people bear igbo last names, their spoken language is a slightly more twisted Ogba which is an igbo subgroup, the first indegine from his village that built the first primary school in the area had a full igbo name, their kings have igbo names.

And sorry but there's no tribe called niger delta in nigeria, sorry for busting that bubble bro!
You people have started your meaningless categorisation again. Let people call themselves whatever they like.

I have met many Itsekiri people and Edo folks from the Afenmai area, with Yoruba first names or last names, who insist that they are pure Itsekiri or pure Edo, and would never call themselves Yoruba.

The Yoruba people respect such people and their identity, and have not tried to give them a different label.

I have met Kanuri people who speak fluent Hausa, and even have Hausa sounding names, but maintain their distinct Identity. No Hausa group has come out to claim that such people are Hausaoid or something ridiculous.

Leave people alone to bear whatever identity they want to bear. Chikena!

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by laudate: 3:20am On Jul 15, 2019
hammerF1:
But Edo use to be Igboland too.

It was the arrival of Ile Ibinu people(Bini) that chased all the aboriginal inhabitant of Edo far east. i.e. Ijaw, Urhobo, Igbo, Esan and Co

Anyway, that is a topic for later.

Aside the Igbo name, he is from Ahaoda.

The people there are Ekpeye. They are Igboid.
"...Edo used to be Igbo land .." in what year?

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Favor99(m): 3:51am On Jul 15, 2019
I love the Igbo and Ijaw artists the most. Flavour, P-Square, Tekno are amoungst my favorites. And the Ijaws as well are also very talented like the Igbos. Timaya is real good and HarrySongz is awesome

But definetly Yorubas and Edo have amoungst the best traditional music I’ve heard. Edo and Yoruba(although the 2 traditional music are different) are my favorite in terms of Nigerian traditional music.
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by onyeopobo: 4:06am On Jul 15, 2019
laudate:

You people have started your meaningless categorisation again. Let people call themselves whatever they like.

I have met many Itsekiri people and Edo folks from the Afenmai area, with Yoruba first names or last names, who insist that they are pure Itsekiri or pure Edo, and would never call themselves Yoruba.

The Yoruba people respect such people and their identity, and have not tried to give them a different label.

I have met Kanuri people who speak fluent Hausa, and even have Hausa sounding names, but maintain their distinct Identity. No Hausa group has come out to claim that such people are Hausaoid or something ridiculous.

I wonder who you're calling "you people"... But I guess when an okrika man calls himself Ijoid - you're basically okay with that right?

Anyways, my input on the thread is based on face value, No one was originally claiming or disclaiming anyone, the thread is just starting to digress. The point that most of the commenters were trying to make is that Burna is basically pointing fingers at himself. Not unless you're one of those who enjoy hating igbos you wouldnt find the need to argue or defend or critize.

Here is my re-explanation maybe you'll get my input. In nigeria when we say people from the east, we mean people from the ss/se and to be specific about what east you're talking about most people would say SE.

So Burna Boy says people from the east only listen to their kind and someone comments saying but you're from ahoada which an igboic speaking clan in rivers state by the border with imo state...and igboid yourself, so what are you pointing fingers at...

That is a factual and correct troll back sentence. If you don't have any problem with everything igboic, then you'd have nothing negative to say. Those who deteriorated the thread are those went on to start claiming that he prefers to be yoruba or whatever. You get my point now?

Peace
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Duggedised12(f): 6:24am On Jul 15, 2019
Yussuf06:
Huge lie..who told u yorubas owe the industry.yoruba produce noise n not music..before wizkid n davido. Daddy showkey Tu face psquare aint yoruba
seems you have compehension problem.I don't usually do this but i will explain, what that comment was saying is that as a non yoruba or being resident in another state ,breaking even(as in to blow) in the music industry is harder.
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by IkpuMmadu: 7:35am On Jul 15, 2019
Probz:

Ekpeye isn’t Igbo.
it's igboid dialect

This is the king of ekpeye

Eze Logbo II

Is Eze (Igbo word for king ) and that is what they call their king Eze ...or would you say Eze isn't igbo again..,

Clowns everywhere....now read about ekpeye and their villages and tell me if they sound Greek ....

All the time, the Ekpeye lived in towns settled by members of one, some or all the Seven original distinct families of Ekpeye – Imaji, Uchi, Agolo, Uzhi, Ishikoloko, Edyiwulu and Akpa. They practiced full representative democracy. But the challenges of the politics of colonial government forced in changes. First it was a pseudo kingdom established by one Nworisa Odu of Ogbele town who initially successfully challenged British entry into Ekpeye land via the River Sombreiro. He was pacified with recognition as the Eze of Ekpeye. He was later lured away to Degema, a colonial administrative center,where he died later in about 1890. Eze Ashirim, who became the first Eze Ekpeye Logbo, brought peace, publicity and pomp to the Ekpeye monarchy and with it came recognition by the Nigerian government and additional political influence in the region. Today (2006) the revered monarchy, is occupied by a retired Nigerian Air Force officer, His Royal Highness Eze Robinson O. Robinson, The Eze Ekpeye Logbo II of Ekpeye land. Although many monarchs in the region are usually hereditary, The Ekpeye monarch is one of a few which relies upon a democratic process in the selection of a new King. Every Ekpeye son or daughter can vie for the throne when it becomes vacant.

Get small sense naaa

-

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by IkpuMmadu: 7:38am On Jul 15, 2019
laudate:

The way Lagos is not a Yoruba land because Egun people the true owners of Lagos have said they aren't Yoruba on many occasions ...have you respected that...or have you respected the Okun and Kabba people that have said over and over that they hate the term Yoruba ...they should be allowed to maintain their clannish names ?

So face your front
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Mosh1: 7:46am On Jul 15, 2019
BabaIbo:

F**k you
Cry me a river, I hope they have stopped selling sniper in your area. Pls don't go yet, we still need some useful idiot around.
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Gentlewarrior1(m): 7:55am On Jul 15, 2019
Truth234:

99.9 percent of your likes didn't watch the interview. He was asked when did he know music is the thing for him, he said the show he went for in the eastern part of Nigeria.

It was the love they showed him that made him believe music is for him. He then went on to say considering its a region where they prefer their own artists, it was big for him. In a few words, Easterners made him believe in himself.

But as always, bloggers feed on your likes.
Your likes keep twisting words and have perfected the act of deception and and self deceit.
what do you mean by in a few words easterners made him believe in himself. He never said that

And is it smart if him to say Easterners prefer their own. Every zone prefer their own. In a country where majority o its citizens are tribal bigots is he suppose to make such comment. Why not simply state that easterners made him believe in himself if truly thats the message he wants to pass across

In fact easterners listen to olamide more than westerners listen to phyno

A lot of igbo peeps even prefer olamide

Burna boy made a stupid remark whether u acknowledge it or not

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by MyGeneration(m): 8:11am On Jul 15, 2019
DuBLINGreenb:
How is Burna Boy igbo? Timi dakolo or Timaya are all south south, *IJAW ETHNIC NATIONALITY* , Niger delta Republic, Google about any of those words/terms abeg we are not igbo thank you we are the fourth largest ethnic group in Nigeria over 17 million strong and not a sub group of igbo.
Igbo people want us for our oil daz all they want to use us as fuel to run biafra. It will not work.
Tamara/Tamuno is different from Chukwu. In fact our language is not related to any Niger-Congo language so it is not possible to even say that we originated from igbo people or any other Niger-Congo groups going by language alone.
u be mumu now. D joke is on u, if calling sm1 chukwu is ur yardstick to measure who is igbo, many rivers and delta people bear chukwu.

Apart from that burna boy is not ijaw, he is smart enuf to know the truth that he said easterners and not igbos.
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by MyGeneration(m): 8:25am On Jul 15, 2019
I already unfollowed the fvcker on ig. If politicians are promoting bigotry even this one want do am. I hope other easterners follow.

Duncan mightys music is mostly listened in the ss and se he didnt come to bash anybody, but this mumu way dae form yoruba pass yoruba itself came and start talking rubbish.

I wish he said this when we were voting for bet award, the ediot if i vote for am
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Chithauri(m): 8:39am On Jul 15, 2019
Duggedised12:
erriga concurs!
waje, omawunmi, chidinma, psquare, phyno, don jazzy et al say hello to you.

E dey una blood, it's like you are not Igbo if you don't have victim mentality.

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Probz(m): 8:54am On Jul 15, 2019
IkpuMmadu:
it's igboid dialect

This is the king of ekpeye

Eze Logbo II

Is Eze (Igbo word for king ) and that is what they call their king Eze ...or would you say Eze isn't igbo again..,

Clowns everywhere....now read about ekpeye and their villages and tell me if they sound Greek ....

All the time, the Ekpeye lived in towns settled by members of one, some or all the Seven original distinct families of Ekpeye – Imaji, Uchi, Agolo, Uzhi, Ishikoloko, Edyiwulu and Akpa. They practiced full representative democracy. But the challenges of the politics of colonial government forced in changes. First it was a pseudo kingdom established by one Nworisa Odu of Ogbele town who initially successfully challenged British entry into Ekpeye land via the River Sombreiro. He was pacified with recognition as the Eze of Ekpeye. He was later lured away to Degema, a colonial administrative center,where he died later in about 1890. Eze Ashirim, who became the first Eze Ekpeye Logbo, brought peace, publicity and pomp to the Ekpeye monarchy and with it came recognition by the Nigerian government and additional political influence in the region. Today (2006) the revered monarchy, is occupied by a retired Nigerian Air Force officer, His Royal Highness Eze Robinson O. Robinson, The Eze Ekpeye Logbo II of Ekpeye land. Although many monarchs in the region are usually hereditary, The Ekpeye monarch is one of a few which relies upon a democratic process in the selection of a new King. Every Ekpeye son or daughter can vie for the throne when it becomes vacant.

Get small sense naaa

-

Igboid, not Igbo. If it were Ogba or Izzi I’d agree with you but Ekpeye people are in a world of their own. It’s not by force to claim people who don’t want to be claimed.

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Duggedised12(f): 8:58am On Jul 15, 2019
Chithauri:
waje, omawunmi, chidinma, psquare, phyno, don jazzy et al say hello to you.

E dey una blood, it's like you are not Igbo if you don't have victim mentality.
lol, first i am not even ibo,what type of education do you people even have? Like didnt they teach you in school that there are more that three tribes in Nigeria ,or you were too dumb to learn?

Secondly some of those people you mentioned are not even ibo to begin with ,such ignorance on display. Someone cant even have an opinion without one dimwit assuming its because you are from a particular tribe. Lol.

I will refer you to the last reply i made on this thread to get a proper comprehension of what the comment i made this statement to was talking about.
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by IkpuMmadu: 9:00am On Jul 15, 2019
Probz:

Igboid, not Igbo. If it were Ogba or Izzi I’d agree with you but Ekpeye people are in a world of their own. It’s not by force to claim people who don’t want to be claimed.

Please differentiate between igbo (noun) and igboid (verb)

Oya...talk

....you guys can be funny some times
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Dreadful: 10:33am On Jul 15, 2019
Infinityk:

Burna boy doesn't behave like igbos at all
He behaves like Yorubas,hangs out with Yorubas
U hardly see him speaking Igbo in his music
D guy is technically Yoruba
Do u know how Yorubas have helped his career?
A time on MTV base ,they were asking him where u came from ,so d interviewer said is he from d same region as timaya
If u see d way burna boy changed his face on mtv base
I remembered d program,its called top 10 naija on MTV base, he was asked about his region,he didn't even act like he was from rivers state
Why do u think he hangs out only with Yoruba artiste
Did u forget when he went to Ghana for vacation with wizkid early this year
The guy acts like Yoruba
He acts like yoruba but he is yoruba? The answer is... capital NO!
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by laudate: 11:06pm On Jul 15, 2019
ZiggyMr:

Did u watch Dino's mother burial video?
IkpuMmadu:
The way Lagos is not a Yoruba land because Egun people the true owners of Lagos have said they aren't Yoruba on many occasions ...have you respected that...or have you respected the Okun and Kabba people that have said over and over that they hate the term Yoruba ...they should be allowed to maintain their clannish names ?

So face your front
Guy, you sabi lie, o! shocked I have never met an Okun or Kabba person, saying he is not Yoruba. Where did you meet the ones you are talking about? Inside your dreams? Or the cartoon series you deceitfully crafted in your mind? cheesy

As for the Egun, you have to go and read their history to know their origins and where they belong. Anyway, let me eat my popcorn in peace. I will allow those Yoruba people to come and give you a good reply. winkB

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Simi Reacts As Female Fan Rocks Adekunle Gold On Stage In Uganda [Pics] / More Photos From Davido And Chioma's Introduction / AMVCA: Nkechi Blessing Mocks Her Colleagues Who Borrowed To Look Good For Event

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87