Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,627 members, 7,801,813 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:07 AM

Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ (67540 Views)

Men Cheat For Fun Not Because They Don’t Love Their Wives — Blessing CEO / If People Died During The #lekkimassacre, Let Their People Speak Out-Omotola / Nigerian Celebs Just Love Their Social Media Photos With Cars In Them! (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Amarachi1990: 2:21am On Jul 14, 2019
Burna Boy in his interview with Julie Adenuga as Apple's Up Next Artiste, opened up on some parts of his life including his music and what he does when he breaks down.

The BET Awards winner passed off the unknown side of his visits to Ghana in the interview, by disclosing that he goes there to get genuine peace.

“That’s the only place I have actual genuine peace. When you go to Labadi Beach and you look at the line that separates the sky from the water, I feel like that’s where God lives,” he said to the show's host Julie Adenuga.

“I go on my robot mode.. I play like 3-4 shows and I eventually break down. That’s what happens when I go to Ghana,”  the 'Dangote' crooner added.

Burna Boy also revealed that he was making music for himself, before 2014 when he performed in a stadium in the Eastern part of Nigeria. He claimed that Easterners only love only their people in music, and a singer has really "popped" when he has crossed over.

"THAT'S THE FIRST TIME I DID A SHOW IN A STADIUM IN THE EASTERN PART OF NIGERIA, WHERE IT IS LIKE THEY ONLY LIKE THEIR OWN PEOPLE. SO IF YOU CROSS OVER THERE, THEN LIKE YOU'VE POPPED. LIKE I'VE NEVER SEEN NOTHING IN MY LIFE, I DIDN'T EVEN THINK IT WAS REAL THING THAT COULD HAPPEN".

see more here https://thickmatch.com/easterners-nigeria-love-people-music-burna-boy/

2 Likes

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Amarachi1990: 2:26am On Jul 14, 2019

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Mraphel: 5:26am On Jul 14, 2019
We love only psquare, tekno and other Igbo artist but they are all living in Yoruba land

100 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Barryseal: 5:29am On Jul 14, 2019
He's talking about Road block 2014. The concert pulled over 120k people, even Tiwa savage confessed she hasn't seen anything like that. I was there backstage,it was crazy.
So sad this Nsukka man came on board and canceled what was the biggest show East of the Niger and probably the most attended show in the continent.

184 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Infinityk: 6:45am On Jul 14, 2019
Please ppl should do something for me
I want u all to go to YouTube and check Yoruba musicians videos,check d views, check d comments
Now on this same YouTube check d Igbo musicians video, check d views,d comments
Then come back here to tell me what u noticed
I'm testing d intelligence of nairalanders here

Well,I'm not surprised by what burna boy said at all
Im not going to say more than that

45 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by hammerFC: 7:31am On Jul 14, 2019
BURNA BOY, ARE U NOT FROM AN IGBOID GROUP AND BY EXTENSION IGBO TOO?

THAT IS THE ONLY REASON WE SHOWED UP FOR U, ELSE, UR ON UR OWN. grin grin grin grin grin grin

74 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by nototribalist: 7:55am On Jul 14, 2019
Burna boy, we love all musicians davido, Tiwa savage, wizkid Kiss Daniel. All these artist I mentioned above use 90% of pidgin so that even aboki can relate.

For instance, who would have believed that Mr Real is from Anambra. But he sings in 80% Yoruba. People in the east vibes to his melody but don't understand what he's saying.

For instance, people in Enugu will get excited about Davido or Kizz Daniel than Mr. Real.

Just like how Phyno sings in 90% igbo language, his craft won't get people too excited in Ijebu Ode than Enugu.

But all the same I love all Nigerian musicians, and I thank them for making us proud

496 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 8:04am On Jul 14, 2019
Elnino4ladies:
Igbos are xenophobic
grin grin grin grin You want to start another tribal fight on NL abi

145 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by EbukaHades10(m): 8:18am On Jul 14, 2019
They'll soon come for him.

We greet u from the other side, Burna

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by franklingud(m): 8:27am On Jul 14, 2019
Imagine Burna boy, as if he's not Igbo.

Back in 2014, his music wasn't that interesting and sweet like nowadays he changed pattern.

I mean I like Burna boy a lot even back then in 2014, I knew it was just a matter of time before his music blow hotter and what's happening now?

Burna boy don't talk like you don't reason well.

We the east love your music well and every other musician that gives us good tunes.

Maybe the weed you smoke told you that.

grin grin grin grin

150 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by etrange: 8:41am On Jul 14, 2019
Infinityk:
Please ppl should do something for me
I want u all to go to YouTube and check Yoruba musicians videos,check d views, check d comments
Now on this same YouTube check d Igbo musicians video, check d views,d comments
Then come back here to tell me what u noticed
I'm testing d intelligence of nairalanders here

Well,I'm not surprised by what burna boy said at all
Im not going to say more than that

If you really want to conduct a research, never use the bolded line above. It's condescending and people who use it are usually empty.

234 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by fr3do(m): 8:56am On Jul 14, 2019
what is the Ahaoda (rivers igboid) boy saying?

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Shakushaku1(m): 9:39am On Jul 14, 2019
Quit going for interviews like u stopped posting shi on social media, cos it's like u always have some rubbish to say all the time, I'm not even igbo, but this shi right here doesn't define them, yeah they show love to their own and anyone popping set aside ethnicity..

Just quit the talking and focus on the song burna.. Abeg

78 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by nengibo: 9:56am On Jul 14, 2019
fr3do:
Ahoada West, Engenni

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Infinityk: 10:02am On Jul 14, 2019
fr3do:
Burna boy doesn't behave like igbos at all
He behaves like Yorubas,hangs out with Yorubas
U hardly see him speaking Igbo in his music
D guy is technically Yoruba
Do u know how Yorubas have helped his career?
A time on MTV base ,they were asking him where u came from ,so d interviewer said is he from d same region as timaya
If u see d way burna boy changed his face on mtv base
I remembered d program,its called top 10 naija on MTV base, he was asked about his region,he didn't even act like he was from rivers state
Why do u think he hangs out only with Yoruba artiste
Did u forget when he went to Ghana for vacation with wizkid early this year
The guy acts like Yoruba

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by IkpuMmadu: 10:16am On Jul 14, 2019
Infinityk:

A time on MTV base ,they were asking him where u came from ,so d interviewer said is he from d same region as timaya
I remembered d program,its called top 10 naija on MTV base, he was asked about his region,he didn't even act like he was from rivers state
The guy acts like Yoruba

He acts like Yoruba doesn't make him a Yoruba ....stop claiming people

Now you are acting like a monkey ...does it make you a monkey ?

207 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by lordparcel: 10:20am On Jul 14, 2019
embarassed

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Rextizz(m): 10:25am On Jul 14, 2019
Igbo is at work!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Rextizz(m): 10:26am On Jul 14, 2019
lordparcel:
Lol.......the way Nigeria is structured if you are not Yoruba
You can never succeed in Music
Why? Because Yoruba own the Media
Even Ruffcoin openly said it in
BBC Igbo

Am sure if Zlatan was from Igbo
He wouldn't even be known
Exactly! you said it all.

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Rextizz(m): 10:27am On Jul 14, 2019
IkpuMmadu:

He doesn't act like Igbo, i think he hate associating himself with igbos.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Infinityk: 10:30am On Jul 14, 2019
IkpuMmadu:

Didn't they teach u English in primary one
Ikpummadu ikpumumu
I said technically
The guy doesn't even associate himself with anything Igbo
His hero is fela
If a Ghanian listens to his songs they would think he is yoruba ,I won't lie,I used to think he was Yoruba
He is just Igbo by tribe
I doubt he even knows any Igbo words than popular Igbo slangs
Lol
u see him calling a whole Igbo tribe that he belongs to Easterners,and u think he considers himself Igbo?
Note: I'm not saying Burna boy is Yoruba
I'm just stating facts

51 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by ken6488(m): 10:36am On Jul 14, 2019
smiley

Truth be told I love Yoruba language alot..

My mom can speak Yoruba but I can't embarassed Speak

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Onyi22(f): 10:37am On Jul 14, 2019
Burna my rich nigga,
Am still waiting patiently for the day u will dump that stefflon n pick a more decent lady in Nigeria....

5 Likes

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by YoungBlackRico(m): 10:52am On Jul 14, 2019
nototribalist:
Burner boy, we love all musicians davido, Tiwa savage, wizkid Kiss Daniel. All these artist I mentioned above use 90% of pidgin so that even aboki can relate.

For instance, who would have believed that Mr Real is from Anambra. But he sings in 80% Yoruba. People in the east vibes to his melody but don't understand what he's saying.

For instance, people in Enugu will get excited about Davido or Kizz Daniel than Mr. Real.

Just like how Phyno sings in 90% igbo language, his craft won't get people too excited in Ijebu Ode than Enugu.

But all the same I love all Nigerian musicians, and I thank God am not from Ghana with their patapa and the noise maker shatta wale you will know that Nigeria is like Los Angeles
Mr Real is igbo? Wow shocked

5 Likes

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Joystark(f): 11:22am On Jul 14, 2019
Language Barrier

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by IkpuMmadu: 11:29am On Jul 14, 2019
Infinityk:

Didn't they teach u English in primary one
Ikpummadu ikpumumu
I said technically
The guy doesn't even associate himself with anything Igbo
His hero is fela
If a Ghanian listens to his songs they would think he is yoruba ,I won't lie,I used to think he was Yoruba
He is just Igbo by tribe
I doubt he even knows any Igbo words than popular Igbo slangs
Lol
u see him calling a whole Igbo tribe that he belongs to Easterners,and u think he considers himself Igbo?
Note: I'm not saying Burna boy is Yoruba
I'm just stating facts

But he is igbo

9 Likes

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by nototribalist: 11:50am On Jul 14, 2019
YoungBlackRico:
Mr Real is igbo? Wow shocked

He's from Anambra, he's real name is Okafor Uchenna Victor, popularly known as Mr. Real. He grew up in Lagos(Abule Egba) he's an Okija guy. It was Ebuka that brought my attention to it.

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by cocaineaddict(m): 12:08pm On Jul 14, 2019
Infinityk:

The guy acts like Yoruba
Timaya interacts, associates and feels more comfortable with igbos more than yourubas. Same way Timi dakolo and burna boy loves associating with Yorubas .

29 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Peace Maria Francis: Stop Calling Me A Prostitute / Michael Jackson Wore Condoms To Prevent Him From Wetting The Bed – Doctor / Bovi's Epicness In The Headies (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.