Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,388 members, 7,812,148 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:03 AM

Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ (67650 Views)

Men Cheat For Fun Not Because They Don’t Love Their Wives — Blessing CEO / If People Died During The #lekkimassacre, Let Their People Speak Out-Omotola / Nigerian Celebs Just Love Their Social Media Photos With Cars In Them! (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Princedapace(m): 3:29pm On Jul 14, 2019
lordparcel:
Lol.......the way Nigeria is structured if you are not Yoruba
You can never succeed in Music
Why? Because Yoruba own the Media
Even Ruffcoin openly said it in
BBC Igbo

Am sure if Zlatan and naira Marley were from Igbo
He wouldn't even be known

No no. Zlatan is not know yet outside his region. Even in the north, there are top artists the northerners can die for who ate their own.

A friend based in the east was telling me one song onboard right now in the east and I never heard it becus I'm in the west. I asked her if she knows Zlatan and she was like who is that.

U are in the west, that is why it is like u said. Not really how it is.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 3:29pm On Jul 14, 2019
Trash,, you can as well relocate to Ghana permanently so you can enjoy infinite peace.
Throwing a shot to the Igbos,, the truth is that I don't give a flying fvck.. Maybe the next guy behind me will have a fvck to give.

Ps =I no dey understand yoruba, but I get almost all d Teni songs, babe is pure talent. The same with Zlatan,, I like his freestyle kind of songs.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Ojukwubucket(m): 3:30pm On Jul 14, 2019
cocaineaddict:

Timaya interacts, associates and feels more comfortable with igbos more than yourubas. Same way Timi dakolo and burna boy loves associating with Yorubas .
True!
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by lordparcel: 3:31pm On Jul 14, 2019
Princedapace:

No no. Zlatan is not know yet outside his region. Even in the north, there are top artists the northerners can die for who ate their own.

A friend based in the east was telling me one song onboard right now in the east and I never heard it becus I'm in the west. I asked her if she knows Zlatan and she was like who is that.

Yeah his music is good but the truth is any igbo
Musician who wants to blow must base in Lagos
E.g Mr Real

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by 2mch(m): 3:33pm On Jul 14, 2019
Ngwamankillyou:

And then, who cares when the ashawo can't control her climax while sighting the cute igbo man.
Why are you insulting his mother?

20 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Taciturn1: 3:33pm On Jul 14, 2019
lordparcel:
BBC Igbo

Is Tuface Yoruba?. Who is Zlatan?

4 Likes

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jul 14, 2019
burna ain't wrong.

2 Likes

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by psalmylee: 3:34pm On Jul 14, 2019
nototribalist:
Burner boy, we love all musicians davido, Tiwa savage, wizkid Kiss Daniel. All these artist I mentioned above use 90% of pidgin so that even aboki can relate.

For instance, who would have believed that Mr Real is from Anambra. But he sings in 80% Yoruba. People in the east vibes to his melody but don't understand what he's saying.

For instance, people in Enugu will get excited about Davido or Kizz Daniel than Mr. Real.

Just like how Phyno sings in 90% igbo language, his craft won't get people too excited in Ijebu Ode than Enugu.

But all the same I love all Nigerian musicians, and I thank God am not from Ghana with their patapa and the noise maker shatta wale you will know that Nigeria is like Los Angeles
guy y u b like this naw.y aboki naw.this one weak me o
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by RejoiceBoysBlog: 3:34pm On Jul 14, 2019
IGBO people are not real interested in Music, they prefer Business..

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Gentlewarrior1(m): 3:35pm On Jul 14, 2019
I never knew burna boy was this stupid

No wonder he stopped handling his social media for his own good now he is talking trash when interviewed

What does the idiot mean by easterners only love their people in music
I and countless igbo peeps listen to his music a lot.
Some igbo peeps even like him and olamide even more than phyno

This crackhead just lost just lost a fan

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Kbabs02(m): 3:35pm On Jul 14, 2019
Ngwamankillyou:

And then, who cares when the ashawo can't control her climax while sighting the cute igbo man.

Ofcos that is why ur Igbo hoes are trying their best to Bleep a Yoruba dick (wizkid)

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by RejoiceBoysBlog: 3:35pm On Jul 14, 2019
Some of our Igbo women are Models and actress why Yoruba women like music
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Mosh1: 3:36pm On Jul 14, 2019
IkpuMmadu:

But he is igbo
Burna boy is never Igbo, stop the familiarity thing.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Angelfrost(m): 3:36pm On Jul 14, 2019
Elnino4ladies:
Igbos are xenophobic

Yes, they are... That was why they threatened to drown people in the Lagoon if they went against APC in 2015... They recently acted violently against foreigners that voted against APC in last elections in Lagos... Very xenophobic! undecided

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by imam07: 3:37pm On Jul 14, 2019
Infinityk:

Lol timaya doesn't seem Yoruba to me
I was never interested in him
But he speaks yoruba in his songs too.

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by RejoiceBoysBlog: 3:37pm On Jul 14, 2019
Burna Boy is From PortHarcourt, confirm IGBO BOY, whether you like it or not...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by NaijaNaWaa: 3:38pm On Jul 14, 2019
Amarachi1990:
Burna Boy in his interview with Julie Adenuga as Apple's Up Next Artiste, opened up on some parts of his life including his music and what he does when he breaks down.

The BET Awards winner passed off the unknown side of his visits to Ghana in the interview, by disclosing that he goes there to get genuine peace.

“That’s the only place I have actual genuine peace. When you go to Labadi Beach and you look at the line that separates the sky from the water, I feel like that’s where God lives,” he said to the show's host Julie Adenuga.

“I go on my robot mode.. I play like 3-4 shows and I eventually break down. That’s what happens when I go to Ghana,”  the 'Dangote' crooner added.

Burna Boy also revealed that he was making music for himself, before 2014 when he performed in a stadium in the Eastern part of Nigeria. He claimed that Easterners only love only their people in music, and a singer has really "popped" when he has crossed over.

"THAT'S THE FIRST TIME I DID A SHOW IN A STADIUM IN THE EASTERN PART OF NIGERIA, WHERE IT IS LIKE THEY ONLY LIKE THEIR OWN PEOPLE. SO IF YOU CROSS OVER THERE, THEN LIKE YOU'VE POPPED. LIKE I'VE NEVER SEEN NOTHING IN MY LIFE, I DIDN'T EVEN THINK IT WAS REAL THING THAT COULD HAPPEN".

see more here https://thickmatch.com/easterners-nigeria-love-people-music-burna-boy/

You are simply an overhyped untalented artiste. Easterners are lovers of good music irrespective of where the musician comes from. That's why Sunny Okosun, Victor Uwaifo, Chris Okotie, Felix Leberty, Fela and co were big hits down the orient from way back

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Baroba(m): 3:38pm On Jul 14, 2019
Nigerians and tribalism, everything is tribal in the zoo..You never see oyibo having this sort of discussion, small minded bigots..

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by RejoiceBoysBlog: 3:38pm On Jul 14, 2019
RugaTerrorist:

He is a Yoruba, here is his name Full name: Damini Ebunoluwa Ogulu.

OGULU is an IGBO NAME

3 Likes

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by LordTrezy(m): 3:39pm On Jul 14, 2019
Princedapace:

Don't they watch MTV, Trace, Soundcity, HipTv and all in the east for your friend to have said she doesn't know zlatan... maybe nah radio Nkalagwu she dey listen to and NTA Aba

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by golddeejay(m): 3:40pm On Jul 14, 2019
etrange:

If you really want to conduct a research, never use the bolded line above. It's condescending and people who use it are usually empty.
you too see am. Giving people tasks to test their Intelligence. That statement you bolded is often used by people who thinks too highly of themselves but are actually dumb.

4 Likes

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by DuBLINGreenb(m): 3:40pm On Jul 14, 2019
How is Burna Boy igbo? Timi dakolo or Timaya are all south south, *IJAW ETHNIC NATIONALITY* , Niger delta Republic, Google about any of those words/terms abeg we are not igbo thank you we are the fourth largest ethnic group in Nigeria over 17 million strong and not a sub group of igbo.
Igbo people want us for our oil daz all they want to use us as fuel to run biafra. It will not work.
Tamara/Tamuno is different from Chukwu. In fact our language is not related to any Niger-Congo language so it is not possible to even say that we originated from igbo people or any other Niger-Congo groups going by language alone.

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by excanny: 3:41pm On Jul 14, 2019
IkpuMmadu:

He acts like Yoruba doesn't make him a Yoruba ....stop claiming people

His mother seem like a Yoruba woman tho. Maybe he prefers his mother's side more.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Chukalemon(m): 3:42pm On Jul 14, 2019
Because we are the best when it comes to music and we don't break

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Danwakae(m): 3:43pm On Jul 14, 2019
lordparcel:
BBC Igbo

Think.before you talk, make.use of your brain.

IN THE MUSIC INDUSTRY, IT IS , TURN BY TURN...

It's not by tribe

Bourna Boy said that under the influence of weed(Igbo) and drugs

If u go to bourna boy's village in Rivers, Olumide(Baddosnel) who is a Yoruba is more popular than him...even in the north here people play alot song like

Dem don kill Dem mama...Timiya

Ema dami duro, emi omo baba lowo....Davido

Idris Abdukareem .....Kano

Many more

Infact Nigerians were dancing Awilo without knowing the meaning of his songs.

Give them good beat, Nigerians will dance and like your music

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by BabaIbo: 3:43pm On Jul 14, 2019
lordparcel:
Lol.......Yoruba own the Media
BBC Igbo

See as Burna boy deny im tribe

Tufiakwa

Your head needs checkup, P-Square, flavour, Phyno, Tekno, Yemi Alade, Don Jazzy, the top producers etc are from your village...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by DHonorable(m): 3:44pm On Jul 14, 2019
"BLOGGING is a Fun thing, genuine Interpretations of contents makes it a Career."

Y'all need to visit YouTube, watch the interview.
Especially the narrative of Burna boy which gave birth to this Iberiberistic headlines.
"Most of our Bloggers have gone mad long time ago."
❤❤

"THAT'S THE FIRST TIME I DID A SHOW IN A STADIUM IN THE EASTERN PART OF NIGERIA, WHERE IT IS LIKE THEY ONLY LIKE THEIR OWN PEOPLE. SO IF YOU CROSS OVER THERE, THEN LIKE YOU'VE POPPED. LIKE I'VE NEVER SEEN NOTHING IN MY LIFE, I DIDN'T EVEN THINK IT WAS REAL THING THAT COULD HAPPEN".

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Gandollaar(f): 3:44pm On Jul 14, 2019
Rextizz:
He doesn't act like Igbo, i think he hate associating himself with igbos.
So why is he complaining about not been loved? See, they are all jealous of Phino because of his success and creativity. If they knew, they would done what Phino did.

2 Likes

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Alphagan(m): 3:45pm On Jul 14, 2019
Princedapace:

Your friend needs to update herself. Perhaps, she only listens to local radios

4 Likes

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by BabaIbo: 3:45pm On Jul 14, 2019
DuBLINGreenb:
How is Burna Boy igbo? Timi dakolo or Timaya are all south south Ijaw ethnic nationality Niger delta Republic Google about any of those words/terms abeg we are not igbo thank you we are the fourth largest ethnic group in Nigeria and not a sub group of igbo.
Igbo people want us for our oil daz all they want to use us as fuel to run biafra. It will not work.
Tamara/Tamuno is different from Chukwu

Stop acting like are from southsouth, you're from southwest

16 Likes

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Princedapace(m): 3:46pm On Jul 14, 2019
LordTrezy:

Don't they watch MTV, Trace, Soundcity, HipTv and all in the east for your friend to have said she doesn't know zlatan... maybe nah radio Nkalagwu she dey listen to and NTA Aba

It is interest and vibes.. Don't say u will only blow when u Re heard by western media. That is rubbish.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

12 Pics That Show That Olamide Is Taking Nigerian Fashion To Another Level / Don Jazzy Kneeling To Beg Rihanna To Marry Him (Edited Photo) / Joselyn Cano Dies After Botched Butt-Lift Surgery (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.