Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,465 members, 7,812,426 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:10 PM

Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ - Celebrities (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ (67654 Views)

Men Cheat For Fun Not Because They Don’t Love Their Wives — Blessing CEO / If People Died During The #lekkimassacre, Let Their People Speak Out-Omotola / Nigerian Celebs Just Love Their Social Media Photos With Cars In Them! (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by laudate: 11:19pm On Jul 15, 2019
Chithauri:
waje, omawunmi, chidinma, psquare, phyno, don jazzy et al say hello to you.

E dey una blood, it's like you are not Igbo if you don't have victim mentality.
I beg I no fit laugh again...! cheesy

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Probz(m): 12:19am On Jul 16, 2019
IkpuMmadu:

Please differentiate between igbo (noun) and igboid (verb)

Oya...talk

....you guys can be funny some times

Same as what differentiates asusu Yoruba from asusu Igala. Cousin languages yet distinct enough and not mutually intelligible enough to be regarded separately.

You tell me how much of Ekpeye language you really understand truthfully.

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Probz(m): 12:22am On Jul 16, 2019
laudate:

Guy, you sabi lie, o! shocked I have never met an Okun or Kabba person, saying he is not Yoruba. Where did you meet the ones you are talking about? Inside your dreams? Or the cartoon series you deceitfully crafted in your mind? cheesy

As for the Egun, you have to go and read their history to know their origins and where they belong. Anyway, let me eat my popcorn in peace. I will allow those Yoruba people to come and give you a good reply. winkB

I’ve come across plenty of Okun people who deny being Yoruba to be fair. But I know what you’re saying.

Only time I’ll ever half-agree with you. Igbo identity no be by force to divergent groups.

2 Likes

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by laudate: 2:04am On Jul 16, 2019
Probz:
I’ve come across plenty of Okun people who deny being Yoruba to be fair. But I know what you’re saying.

Only time I’ll ever half-agree with you. Igbo identity no be by force to divergent groups.
Hmmn...you are always inventing fake stories when it comes to the identity of other people. No be you, again? shocked Where did you meet the Okun people that denied being Yoruba? From which towns in Okun land?

I hope you realise that people like Dino Melaye, the late Sunday Awoniyi etc, are Okun people. They have never denied being Yoruba, o! So take it easy with your lies, biko.....
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by IkpuMmadu: 4:27am On Jul 16, 2019
laudate:

Guy, you sabi lie, o! shocked I have never met an Okun or Kabba person, saying he is not Yoruba. Where did you meet the ones you are talking about? Inside your dreams? Or the cartoon series you deceitfully crafted in your mind? cheesy

As for the Egun, you have to go and read their history to know their origins and where they belong. Anyway, let me eat my popcorn in peace. I will allow those Yoruba people to come and give you a good reply. winkB

Presently the babe I am dating....Seun is from Kogi MD he said that he isn't Yoruba....that is a fact. I have even countiess of them that hare to be called Yoruba ... especially the Okun people

Even lately some ijebu folk are beginning to be called ijebu now nọr Yoruba... Ask around...
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by IkpuMmadu: 4:29am On Jul 16, 2019
laudate:

Hmmn...you are always inventing fake stories when it comes to the identity of other people. No be you, again? shocked Where did you meet the Okun people that denied being Yoruba? From which towns in Okun land?

I hope you realise that people like Dino Melaye, the late Sunday Awoniyi etc, are Okun people. They have never denied being Yoruba, o! So take it easy with your lies, biko.....

Oga that I the truth...Okun people hate been called Yoruba ...that I know for a fact , even Akoko people hate been called Yoruba and all those Yoruba speaking clan in Edo prefer to be called Edo instead of Yoruba ....some ijebu I know are beginning to be addressed a ijebu only

This I have seen. It is not hearsay
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by laudate: 4:31am On Jul 16, 2019
IkpuMmadu:
Presently the babe I am dating....Seun is from Kogi MD he said that he isn't Yoruba....that is a fact. I have even countiess of them that hare to be called Yoruba ... especially the Okun people

Even lately some ijebu folk are beginning to be called ijebu now nọr Yoruba... Ask around...
Either you or the babe is lying. undecided I have worked in that axis before, from Aiyetoro-Gbedde to Isanlu to Ijumu etc, and they call themselves Yoruba. Their dialect is Okun. sad

Don't bring any fake tales of one Seun, here...biko. The girl is just using your head. Does she speak for the entire Okun people? Abegi... shocked
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by IkpuMmadu: 4:37am On Jul 16, 2019
laudate:

Either you or the babe is lying. undecided I have worked in that axis before, from Aiyetoro-Gbedde to Isanlu to Ijumu etc, and they call themselves Yoruba. Their dialect is Okun. sad

Don't bring any fake tales of one Seun, here...biko. The girl is just using your head. Does she speak for the entire Okun people? Abegi... shocked

She isn't the only one...I have a lot of them here in Lagos...there is this one I met in Ilupeju , he was talking about Yoruba as an outsider, I was forced to ask him....bro are you not a Yoruba...he said no, he is kabba from Kogi State I have seen lie 3 of them tone serious
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by laudate: 4:40am On Jul 16, 2019
IkpuMmadu:
Oga that I the truth...Okun people hate been called Yoruba ...that I know for a fact , even Akoko people hate been called Yoruba and all those Yoruba speaking clan in Edo prefer to be called Edo instead of Yoruba ....some ijebu I know are beginning to be addressed a ijebu only

This I have seen. It is not hearsay

You are too old to be telling these lies, nah! Akoko people hate being called Yoruba? Which Akoko? shocked The one in Ondo state or another one? Haba!! Make you dey try to fear God nah! shocked

Edo people have their own distinct language and their language does not sound Yoruba so you cannot refer to them as Yoruba, even though some of them have Yoruba first names or surnames. In some cases, it is due to inter-ethnic marriages, especially along the border communities.

But for the Akoko, none of them will deny that he is Yoruba. Probs, stop conjuring up these fake tales by moonlight. It will destroy your image on NL. shocked

Wait, where are those Yoruba people first? Make Una enter here, o! Somebody should pass me my popcorn and zobo. This thread promises to be sweet! cheesy

[img]https://media1./images/d8305dde14424a25518e862786161125/tenor.gif?itemid=5457118[/img]
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by laudate: 4:42am On Jul 16, 2019
IkpuMmadu:
She isn't the only one...I have a lot of them here in Lagos...there is this one I met in Ilupeju , he was talking about Yoruba as an outsider, I was forced to ask him....bro are you not a Yoruba...he said no, he is kabba from Kogi State I have seen lie 3 of them tone serious

Oga, I still put it to you that you are lying. sad
Big lie, sef. Anyway, if you want to keep deceiving yourself who am I to stop you? Just don't think that you are deceiving anybody else.

[img]https://media1./images/d8305dde14424a25518e862786161125/tenor.gif?itemid=5457118[/img]
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by IkpuMmadu: 5:07am On Jul 16, 2019
laudate:

Oga, I still put it to you that you are lying. sad
Big lie, sef. Anywayy, if you want to keep deceiving yourself who am I to stop you? Just don't think that you are deceiving anybody else.

So my girl I either stupid or that the guys I met that are elderly are stupid

Keep deceiving yourself....most kabba I know say they aren't Yoruba ...they even say that in front of Yoruba

Well I am not even here to convince you...ignorance I bliss
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by IkpuMmadu: 5:13am On Jul 16, 2019
laudate:

You are too old to be telling these lies, nah! Akoko people hate being called Yoruba? Which Akoko? shocked The one in Ondo state or another one? Haba!! Make you dey try to fear God nah! shocked

Edo people have their own distinct language and their language does not sound Yoruba so you cannot refer to them as Yoruba, even though some of them have Yoruba first names or surnames. In some cases, it is due to inter-ethnic marriages, especially along the border communities.

But for the Akoko, none of them will deny that he is Yoruba. Probs, stop conjuring up these fake tales by moonlight. It will destroy your image on NL. shocked

Wait, where are those Yoruba people first? Make Una enter here, o! Somebody should pass me my popcorn and zobo. This thread promises to be sweet! cheesy

Ignorance is bliss once again....read this link and see where Akoko Edo made it clear that aren't yoruba
https://www.nairaland.com/1043937/akoko-northern-ondo-state

https://www.nairaland.com/4207503/why-nairalanders-refers-akoko-edos-yoruba

Once again read it....I will send you the link of Kabba

Bye bye...ignorance Is bliss....if Akoko nearby said they aren't Yoruba... Is it Kabba faraway would say ?

Bye

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by laudate: 5:15am On Jul 16, 2019
IkpuMmadu:
So my girl I either stupid or that the guys I met that are elderly are stupid

Keep deceiving yourself....most kabba I know say they aren't Yoruba ...they even say that in front of Yoruba

Well I am not even here to convince you...ignorance I bliss

Oh so you are even refering to yourself as a girl, now? Haba! Can you see where your lying has led you? Oga, stop deceiving yourself, thinking you are deceiving others. I have met many Kabba people. None of them has ever denied being Yoruba. Unless the ones you claim you met, are from Mars. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by laudate: 5:17am On Jul 16, 2019
IkpuMmadu:

Ignorance is bliss once again....read this link and see where Akoko Edo made it clear that aren't yoruba
https://www.nairaland.com/1043937/akoko-northern-ondo-state

https://www.nairaland.com/4207503/why-nairalanders-refers-akoko-edos-yoruba

Once again read it....I will send you the link of Kabba

Bye bye...ignorance Is bliss....if Akoko nearby said they aren't Yoruba... Is it Kabba faraway would say ?

Bye

Oga, the Akoko-Edo people are in Edo State, not in Ondo state. shocked Why are you lying like this? And all the places that guy mentioned in the screenshot are in Edo state. The Akokos in Ondo State will not deny being Yoruba. Stop these lies, biko. It is getting ridiculous.

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by IkpuMmadu: 5:21am On Jul 16, 2019
laudate:

Oga, the Akoko-Edo people are in Edo State, not in Ondo state. shocked Why are you lying like this? And all the places that guy mentioned in the screenshot are in Edo state. The Akokos in Ondo State will not deny being Yoruba. Stop these lies, biko. It is getting ridiculous.

Oga go and argue with the link....not me ! Who cares ? The akoko people be it in ondo or Edo has said they aren't Yoruba period ame with Egun in Lagos , same with most kabba people...I have to seen Dino call himself Yoruba or do those Yoruba things ...

Learn to respect people identity
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by IkpuMmadu: 5:23am On Jul 16, 2019
laudate:

Oga leave what I in Wikipedia ...that can be written by anyone. Did you see the link and what people said about themselves

Why am I even having this conversation...well they have spoken and they made themselves clear

I live in Lagos and I have seen ijebu man that said he isn't Yoruba but ijebu ...maybe you would argue that also like kabba

You know everything

Bye ...I am done
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by laudate: 5:37am On Jul 16, 2019
IkpuMmadu:
Oga leave what I in Wikipedia ...that can be written by anyone. Did you see the link and what people said about themselves

Why am I even having this conversation...well they have spoken and they made themselves clear

I live in Lagos and I have seen ijebu man that said he isn't Yoruba but ijebu ...maybe you would argue that also like kabba

You know everything

Bye ...I am done

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by IkpuMmadu: 5:40am On Jul 16, 2019
[quote author=laudate post=80308690][/quote]

Did you read the link...the Akoko said they are not Yoruba ...read the link am not one fable.
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by laudate: 5:44am On Jul 16, 2019
IkpuMmadu:
Oga go and argue with the link....not me ! Who cares ? The akoko people be it in ondo or Edo has said they aren't Yoruba period ame with Egun in Lagos , same with most kabba people...I have to seen Dino call himself Yoruba or do those Yoruba things ...

IkpuMmadu:
Did you read the link...the Akoko said they are not Yoruba ...read the link am not one fable.
Oga, is the faceless NL person who you are quoting the final authority on the identity of the Akoko people in Ondo State? Stop arguing about what you do not know, biko. shocked

Akoko people in Ondo state are Yoruba. Please can these Yoruba people enter here to tell this chap the truth?
ODVanguard, 7lives, IamPatriotic ,
9jakool, abdulwastecxx

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Probz(m): 1:45pm On Jul 16, 2019
laudate:

Just like there’s plenty of confused Enuani Igbos who deny it there’s plenty of Okun Yorubas who choose to self-identify as Okun first and foremost. Take it easy with yourself. You don’t need to have a heart attack over that fact.

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Pusherttt: 1:50pm On Jul 16, 2019
U guyz should believe it or leave it......but wat he said is 200% true
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by laudate: 7:51pm On Jul 16, 2019
Probz:
Just like there’s plenty of confused Enuani Igbos who deny it there’s plenty of Okun Yorubas who choose to self-identify as Okun first and foremost. Take it easy with yourself. You don’t need to have a heart attack over that fact.
You have started this your beer parlour analysis again. Oga, even when Okun people identify as Okun first, they never deny being Yoruba. It is ingrained in them. I don't know why you keep recycling these fake tales. angry

I have cousins who married from that region. And I lived and worked there for a few years. So only God knows where you get your fake stories from....

In fact let me invite some of the Okun people on NL, to give you a fitting response. cheesy

Kennygee , Simongm , senatordave1 , adefemiaderoju1 , Hereissola , Mandesz , eyinjuege , boluwatife66 , HerMajestyQ , Mixty, Flyoruboy, Acidosis

3 Likes

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Yussuf06: 9:58pm On Jul 16, 2019
I think the better was to put it is..not being in LAGOS!is harder to blow.not if yoruba or not
Duggedised12:
seems you have compehension problem.I don't usually do this but i will explain, what that comment was saying is that as a non yoruba or being resident in another state ,breaking even(as in to blow) in the music industry is harder.
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Duggedised12(f): 2:52am On Jul 17, 2019
Yussuf06:
I think the better was to put it is..not being in LAGOS!is harder to blow.not if yoruba or not
i only replied to the person who made the comment. I agree with you,its harder to blow outside lagos.
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Simongm(m): 8:19am On Jul 17, 2019
laudate:

You have started this your beer parlour analysis again. Oga, even when Okun people identify as Okun first, they never deny being Yoruba. It is ingrained in them. I don't know why you keep recycling these fake tales. angry

I have cousins who married from that region. And I lived and worked there for a few years. So only God knows where you get your fake stories from....

In fact let me invite some of the Okun people on NL, to give you a fitting response. cheesy

Kennygee , Simongm , senatordave1 , adefemiaderoju1 , Hereissola , Mandesz , eyinjuege , boluwatife66 , HerMajestyQ ,

That is quite true! Thank you for the mention @Laudate.

Okun Yoruba people is the term generally used to describe groups of Yoruba-speaking communities in Kogi state, North-central Nigeria. Just like we have Egbas, Igbominas, Ekitis, Ondos etc. We are not confused like those Enuani Igbos and we have never denied our Yoruba origin.

cc: Probz

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by laudate: 9:32am On Jul 17, 2019
Simongm:

That is quite true! Thank you for the mention @Laudate.

Okun Yoruba people is the term generally used to describe groups of Yoruba-speaking communities in Kogi state, North-central Nigeria. Just like we have Egbas, Igbominas, Ekitis, Ondos etc. We are not confused like those Enuani Igbos and we have never denied our Yoruba origin.

cc: Probz

Thank you for educating the clueless, sir. May you live long! cheesy
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Simongm(m): 9:45am On Jul 17, 2019
laudate:

Thank you for educating the clueless, sir. May you live long! cheesy
Amen and you too sir.

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by ZiggyMr(m): 4:09pm On Jul 17, 2019
IkpuMmadu:

Did u watch Dino's mother burial video?
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by laudate: 4:20pm On Jul 17, 2019
ZiggyMr:
Did u watch Dino's mother burial video?
You dey mind that clown? I have even gone back to attach screenshots with info, to show that the Okun people are Yoruba, but the guy's ignorance has remained permanent. sad Maybe when the Okun people decide to give him a befitting reply, his brain cells will be reset.
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Mandesz(m): 6:09pm On Jul 17, 2019
laudate:

Kennygee , Simongm , senatordave1 , adefemiaderoju1 , Hereissola , Mandesz , eyinjuege , boluwatife66 , HerMajestyQ , Mixty, Flyoruboy, Acidosis

well said! okun is typical Yorubas, united, peaceful and hardworking groups. but personally and my opinion, I priefer being identified as an okunman first. one of the reasons is many of the other Yorubas are hypocrites, selfish and divisive. I'm an okunman first, b4 u called me a Yoruba.

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by IkpuMmadu: 6:41am On Jul 18, 2019
Mandesz:

well said! okun is typical Yorubas, united, peaceful and hardworking groups. but personally and my opinion, I priefer being identified as an okunman first. one of the reasons is many of the other Yorubas are hypocrites, selfish and divisive. I'm an okunman first, b4 u called me a Yoruba.
That is what other say... I have an okun babe, very nice and decent... Not noisy and doesn't have this yoruba attitude most girls have and she hates to be called yoruba... She is clear on that.... Even my yoruba friends have come to respect her... She is different

2 Likes

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by IkpuMmadu: 6:44am On Jul 18, 2019
laudate:

You dey mind that clown? I have even gone back to attach screenshots with info, to show that the Okun people are Yoruba, but the guy's ignorance has remained permanent. sad Maybe when the Okun people decide to give him a befitting reply, his brain cells will be reset.

You have seen an okun man telling it to your face that he prefers to be called Okun... I have seen and have a lot of Okun people that detest the term yoruba.... They said it is a name given by fulani... They prefer their name okun, even Akoko people.. Egun also (some)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Joselyn Cano Dies After Botched Butt-Lift Surgery (Pix) / Paul Okoye "Consulting Oracle" For Nigeria To Iceland (Photo) / 4 Of The Guys 9ice Praised In His Song "Living Things” (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.