Stats: 3,151,453 members, 7,812,391 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:37 PM

Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ (67653 Views)

Men Cheat For Fun Not Because They Don’t Love Their Wives — Blessing CEO / If People Died During The #lekkimassacre, Let Their People Speak Out-Omotola / Nigerian Celebs Just Love Their Social Media Photos With Cars In Them! (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Infinityk: 12:31pm On Jul 14, 2019
cocaineaddict:

Timaya interacts, associates and feels more comfortable with igbos more than yourubas. Same way Timi dakolo and burna boy loves associating with Yorubas .
Lol timaya doesn't seem Yoruba to me
I was never interested in him
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by RTSC: 12:52pm On Jul 14, 2019
The guy that wanted to test the intelligence of nairalanders is anything but intelligent.

Funny.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by agadez007(m): 1:27pm On Jul 14, 2019
burna boy is Obviously high on a mixture of Colorado and Jamaican sensimilla
Remember that Ghanaian musicians made it big in Aba and onitsha even when we don't even understand a word of their songs
I don't think there is a region in Nigeria that appreciates all variants of music than Igboland be it Makossa,ndombolo,Ghana hiplife even Yoruba music,I once heard king sunny ade music in owerri,the man playing the song doesn't even understand a word KSA was saying but he was blasting the music right in front of his shop,and all my life growing/living in Lagos I'd never for once heard a non Yoruba song from Yoruba people,they are always playing their Fuji music

burna boy,do me a favour pls and gerara here men for real

58 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Aidejay(m): 1:44pm On Jul 14, 2019
See, me I no go gree 4 this one ooh! U pple want to drag the entertainment industry into social media tribal war this OP didn't write the whole interview he just selected the one he wants to use to stir online reactions and brought it here. What nonsense
There is nothing I've found more peace in than in music when it comes to music I forget your language tribe and religion so far as it is dope to my hearing drums infact because of phyno I b wan learn igbo so I go dey groove and understand im lyrics. U pple shud take time ooh! If na Nnamdi and FFK u can argue away your sorrow but abeg leave the music and film and the entirety of the entertainment industry out of this bigotry

Besides psychologists who studied the effect of modern day music have concluded that understanding the words don't matter anymore and u can actually like music with out knowing what the hell is being said. If I fit jam to gangam style and mi jente and macarina and all these American rappers na naija own I go come dey avoid?

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by LZAA: 1:50pm On Jul 14, 2019
This one is obviously high
Phyno's first roadblock when he first did multiply(english rap) d crowd no feel am
Baba went back to basics and blew like madt
Funny enough i actually liked the old burna,this new one is too pop for me
Btw what is with all this sudden concern about igbo ppl sef
Smh

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by ZiggyMr(m): 2:35pm On Jul 14, 2019
I think burna's mom is Yoruba

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Destroyerofyeeb: 3:08pm On Jul 14, 2019
Even burna know them wella. Watch how they'll attack burna now.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by technicallyrich(m): 3:09pm On Jul 14, 2019
Spread love and not hate.

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Destroyerofyeeb: 3:12pm On Jul 14, 2019
He's not igbo
Rextizz:
He doesn't act like Igbo, i think he hate associating himself with igbos.

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Hoodbilonia: 3:13pm On Jul 14, 2019
Wheneva i'm high
I just go to youtube
Connect my samsung bluetooth speaker
And press play trap music clean rap
But 1st i most greet u
Horn

I need to start drifting like seriously
Bleep

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8xj9mSRcco

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_JbxYru69g
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by ukaface(f): 3:15pm On Jul 14, 2019
Infinityk:

Burna boy doesn't behave like igbos at all
He behaves like Yorubas,hangs out with Yorubas
U hardly see him speaking Igbo in his music
D guy is technically Yoruba
Do u know how Yorubas have helped his career?
A time on MTV base ,they were asking him where u came from ,so d interviewer said is he from d same region as timaya
If u see d way burna boy changed his face on mtv base
I remembered d program,its called top 10 naija on MTV base, he was asked about his region,he didn't even act like he was from rivers state
Why do u think he hangs out only with Yoruba artiste
Did u forget when he went to Ghana for vacation with wizkid early this year
The guy acts like Yoruba
nawa o,take it easy na.Ontop another person tribe matter.
The way you answering like say you dey for gunpoint

18 Likes

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Simbrixton(m): 3:16pm On Jul 14, 2019
franklingud:
Imagine Burna boy, as if he's not Igbo.

Back in 2014, his music wasn't that interesting and sweet like nowadays he changed pattern.

I mean I like Burna boy a lot even back then in 2014, I knew it was just a matter of time before his music blow hotter and what's happening now?

Burna boy don't talk like you don't reason well.

We the east love your music well and every other musician that gives us good tunes.

Maybe the weed you smoke told you that.

his mum is yoruba

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Mkmoney(m): 3:18pm On Jul 14, 2019
Burnaboy just lost a fan... Peace out

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by franklingud(m): 3:18pm On Jul 14, 2019
Simbrixton:
his mum is yoruba
Yeah I know about that and his late father was late Fela's manager.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Simbrixton(m): 3:19pm On Jul 14, 2019
Infinityk:

Lol timaya doesn't seem Yoruba to me
I was never interested in him
burna mum is yoruba

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by MyGeneration(m): 3:20pm On Jul 14, 2019
IF its like that i guess davido is from the east

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by King44(m): 3:20pm On Jul 14, 2019
IkpuMmadu:

But he is igbo
I also surprised u can't even tell

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Halagoorani: 3:21pm On Jul 14, 2019
Ok nah
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by emmysoftyou: 3:23pm On Jul 14, 2019
Infinityk:

Didn't they teach u English in primary one
Ikpummadu ikpumumu
I said technically
The guy doesn't even associate himself with anything Igbo
His hero is fela
If a Ghanian listens to his songs they would think he is yoruba ,I won't lie,I used to think he was Yoruba
He is just Igbo by tribe
I doubt he even knows any Igbo words than popular Igbo slangs
u see him calling a whole Igbo tribe that he belongs to Easterners,and u think he considers himself Igbo?
Note: I'm not saying Burna boy is Yoruba
I'm just stating facts
Oga , stop that , he called his tribe Easterners to include Rivers ,cross rivers and the centre Igbo..
If he said South South then he's not learned .
By the way , I'm born in the west and I also associate with my Yoruba Friends but they can't take the Igbo out of my blood..

Remain proud Igbo. Everyone born out of Igbo territory is different likewise burna boy ..

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Ngwamankillyou(m): 3:24pm On Jul 14, 2019
Simbrixton:
burna mum is yoruba

And then, who cares when the ashawo can't control her climax while sighting the cute igbo man.

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by 2mch(m): 3:26pm On Jul 14, 2019
Simbrixton:
burna mum is yoruba
She’s not Yoruba she’s Edo. Possibly from the side close to Yoruba or her mum is Yoruba. She has a Yoruba name though.

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by abysirius(m): 3:26pm On Jul 14, 2019
Onyi22:
Burna my rich nigga,
Am still waiting patiently for the day u will dump that stefflon n pick a more decent lady in Nigeria....
I fear 4 u. Just be careful so that one of these boys will not go and use ur pant. grin grin grin angry

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by ojay2053(m): 3:27pm On Jul 14, 2019
i see nothing but weed at work

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Duggedised12(f): 3:28pm On Jul 14, 2019
lordparcel:
Lol.......the way Nigeria is structured if you are not Yoruba
You can never succeed in Music
Why? Because Yoruba own the Media
Even Ruffcoin openly said it in
BBC Igbo

Am sure if Zlatan and naira Marley were from Igbo
He wouldn't even be known

erriga concurs!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Joselyn Cano Dies After Botched Butt-Lift Surgery (Pix) / 4 Of The Guys 9ice Praised In His Song "Living Things” (Photos) / Paul Okoye "Consulting Oracle" For Nigeria To Iceland (Photo)