Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,283 members, 7,815,479 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:04 PM

Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ - Celebrities (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ (67702 Views)

Men Cheat For Fun Not Because They Don’t Love Their Wives — Blessing CEO / If People Died During The #lekkimassacre, Let Their People Speak Out-Omotola / Nigerian Celebs Just Love Their Social Media Photos With Cars In Them! (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by RichBoy247: 6:26pm On Jul 14, 2019
Infinityk:
Please ppl should do something for me
I want u all to go to YouTube and check Yoruba musicians videos,check d views, check d comments
Now on this same YouTube check d Igbo musicians video, check d views,d comments
Then come back here to tell me what u noticed
I'm testing d intelligence of nairalanders here

Well,I'm not surprised by what burna boy said at all
Im not going to say more than that

I just tested your intelligence too and I discovered it is tending towards minus infinity. That means you are more dump and dump.
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Ekez(m): 6:31pm On Jul 14, 2019
IkpuMmadu:

He acts like Yoruba doesn't make him a Yoruba ....stop claiming people

Now you are acting like a monkey ...does it make you a monkey ?
which kin wickedness be dis

2 Likes

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by freshMallam1122: 6:36pm On Jul 14, 2019
Barryseal:
He's talking about Road block 2014. The concert pulled over 120k people, even Tiwa savage confessed she hasn't seen anything like that. I was there backstage,it was crazy.
So sad this Nsukka man came on board and canceled what was the biggest show East of the Niger and probably the most attended show in the continent.
most attended show in the continent abi.. travel allots to see things for yr self before bragging.. have u been to experience an star mega jam before an wat of 9999 carol singers or even calabar carnival... uga go brush your mouth it's smelling

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by wisdomofGod: 6:44pm On Jul 14, 2019
People of biafra are now claiming that burna is an igbo guy because he is successful, the same set of ipob would have rejected him if he was a hardened criminal... Well, according to my geography map, i didn't find River state in Eastern region. Stop claiming what ain't yours, victor ad, don jazzy, faze, erriga, orezi, solidstar are from delta state. timaya, timi dakolo are from bayelsa. Duncan mighty, burna boy are from rivers. We don't speak igbo language, we have our own native language. We are not Igbo, we are not south east pls stop claiming..

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by totit: 6:52pm On Jul 14, 2019
grin

The eastern part of Nigeria must be short of raw and real talents. Just take a look at grown up claiming another man's tribe. One akpu eater even went as far as claiming " yemi alade " as an akpu easter/tribe God forbid she's Igbo.

Lmao grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by PopeFlatino(m): 6:52pm On Jul 14, 2019
Guy bUrna is a very close friend to Phyno and timaya if u don't know,,,he even spks Igbo to Stefflon don on IG sometimes
Rextizz:
He doesn't act like Igbo, i think he hate associating himself with igbos.
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Opiletool(m): 6:53pm On Jul 14, 2019
Staro:

Exactly - entertainment and Football
Two industries not yet tainted by tribal and religious bigotry.

Burner Boy should just up his game.

Personally, I love good music irrespective of the language.
I'm not Yoruba but I love that their hit song with Zlatan Ibile .... can't remember the title.

However, I don't seem to flow well with some of his other songs and this is not because of the Yoruba language.

Davido, Wizkid, Kiss Daniel and Tiwa Savage are among my favourite but they use a heavy dose of Yoruba in their songs too.

I remember back in 2012/2013 where I could go a whole day playing Davido's hit single, Damin Duro, even though I didn't
understand the lyrics

Music has nothing to do with tribe. I have Spanish and French songs on my playlist. Flavour's 'Awele' is currently my favorite despite the fact that I don't understand a jack in the lyrics. Funny enough, I heard the song from my barber, who happens to be a strong yoruba boy. I searched for the song and downloaded it. Same way I've seen igbos who love brymo's songs, even the ones sang with yoruba.

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Simbrixton(m): 6:53pm On Jul 14, 2019
2mch:

She’s not Yoruba she’s Edo. Possibly from the side close to Yoruba or her mum is Yoruba. She has a Yoruba name though.
lol OK lol
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by PopeFlatino(m): 6:53pm On Jul 14, 2019
grin ur on weed
wisdomofGod:
People of biafra are now claiming that burna is an igbo guy because he is successful, the same set of ipob would have rejected him if he was a hardened criminal... Well, according to my geography map, i didn't find River state in Eastern region. Stop claiming what ain't yours, victor ad, don jazzy, faze, erriga, orezi, solidstar are from delta state. timaya, timi dakolo are from bayelsa. Duncan mighty, burna boy are from rivers. We don't speak igbo language, we have our own native language. We are not Igbo, we are not south east pls stop claiming..
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Mikora: 6:53pm On Jul 14, 2019
Journalist like making mountain out of mole hill. He said nothing tribalistic but they are deliberately taking what he said out of context

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by MrCounselor: 6:54pm On Jul 14, 2019
Rextizz:
Exactly! you said it all.
Who in Igboland is singing better than Wizkid, Davido, Kiss Daniel, Tiwa Savage etc?
Phyno is brilliant, same as Tekno and they are at the same very high level like Tiwa, Kiss D, Olamide so stop making it look like someone is gifting Yorubas the crown when obviously the random best guys are coincidentally Yorubas.

Now Burna Boy won an international award, was it sponsored by Yorubas?
When D'Banj, Davido, Wizkid won same BET was it made in Nigeria?

Stop being polarising, who knows maybe you're just a kid.

3 Likes

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by afroxyz: 6:54pm On Jul 14, 2019
Mraphel:
We love only psquare, tekno and other Igbo artist but they are all living in Yoruba land

if you had taken time to read the post your ignorance and those who have liked your post wouldn't be so glaring
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by BabaIbo: 6:58pm On Jul 14, 2019
Mosh1:

She claim her mum side? Well, I don't argue blindly. Bring the proof from Internet.
Meanwhile, y'all jumping up and down that Burna boy is Igbo while he never claimed that, rather he even used interview to mock you. While can't you allow Burna boy too to claim his mum side as you said Yemi Alade did.
Waiting for the proof sha.

Are you daft or what?

Where do you see me claiming Burnaboy is igbo?
What's my business with Burnaboy and how does he affect my business

Next time check my replies from the thread, I only replied the guy that said igbos don't have successful musicians.

Now fly away from my mention

2 Likes

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by 2mch(m): 7:02pm On Jul 14, 2019
Simbrixton:
lol OK lol
Her father is Benson Idonije.
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by BabaIbo: 7:04pm On Jul 14, 2019
YungMillionaire:

Yemi Alade is Yoruba. Don Jazzy is Isoko.

Both of them are indigenous to two states and their social profiles reflect the two

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by BabaIbo: 7:06pm On Jul 14, 2019
Mosh1:

How does that affect National issue? Talk about shifting post.
You know that guy is not from South south.....lol
Did he told you that. You are even lazy to use the Google to know more about him.
He is just out to make.....blah blah. Sorry bro but this doesn't sound logical.

Get lost if you don't understand a response, I am talking about the person that quoted me.
Everybody is not daft like you, merely going through people's replies on past posts will tell you something you need to know, now f*ck off

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by TroubleMaker47(m): 7:26pm On Jul 14, 2019
IkpuMmadu:

He acts like Yoruba doesn't make him a Yoruba ....stop claiming people

Now you are acting like a monkey ...does it make you a monkey ?
[img]https:///media/3-18-2018/Mgd9b8.gif[/img]

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Barryseal: 7:31pm On Jul 14, 2019
freshMallam1122:
most attended show in the continent abi.. travel allots to see things for yr self before bragging.. have u been to experience an star mega jam before an wat of 9999 carol singers or even calabar carnival... uga go brush your mouth it's smelling

No need catching feelings. Road block was very well attended, you heard Burna boy himself say he has never seen anything like that before(watch the video). At the same show Tiwa Savage said she has never performed in front of such marmot crowd before, the babe nearly collapsed seeing the crowd.
Note, I'm not dismissing any of the shows you put up but I'm certain you have never heard about Road block, so no point dismissing or arguing what you don't about.
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Paulo3ree(m): 7:37pm On Jul 14, 2019
You are truly a boy
Can't imagine it came from him or was his account hacked? See how someone attracts ill luck to himself Hmm

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Newmans: 7:49pm On Jul 14, 2019
Thrash
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Teejay13(m): 7:53pm On Jul 14, 2019
franklingud:
Imagine Burna boy, as if he's not Igbo.

Back in 2014, his music wasn't that interesting and sweet like nowadays he changed pattern.

I mean I like Burna boy a lot even back then in 2014, I knew it was just a matter of time before his music blow hotter and what's happening now?

Burna boy don't talk like you don't reason well.

We the east love your music well and every other musician that gives us good tunes.

Maybe the weed you smoke told you that.

grin grin grin grin

Franklingud, learn to read in between lines.
He was not referring to the eastern part of Nigeria.�
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Midas01: 7:56pm On Jul 14, 2019
And PH is igboland? Lmao. Stop claiming people that are not claiming you.
RejoiceBoysBlog:
Burna Boy is From PortHarcourt, confirm IGBO BOY, whether you like it or not...
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Amaureen: 7:56pm On Jul 14, 2019
What he said is the pure truth. I dont know zlatan, never heard of him till last month. The same way I dint know Banky W till 2017 BBnaija.
LordTrezy:

Don't they watch MTV, Trace, Soundcity, HipTv and all in the east for your friend to have said she doesn't know zlatan... maybe nah radio Nkalagwu she dey listen to and NTA Aba
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by IkpuMmadu: 8:38pm On Jul 14, 2019
winnah:

Who said burna boy is from igbo tribe!!! When? Is river stat now igbo.. Or is he not from rivers stat again...
The last time I checked rivers is not in the eastern region..

So Rivers State is now a tribe ? How can we have stupidity everywhere

So Amaechi , Omehia, Chibuike, Amadi are Latin names ...so Ohanézè Rivers State are fools

3 Likes

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by IkpuMmadu: 8:50pm On Jul 14, 2019
winnah:

Who said burna boy is from igbo tribe!!! When? Is river stat now igbo.. Or is he not from rivers stat again...
The last time I checked rivers is not in the eastern region..

So we don't have igbi in Rivers State ...so is Chibuike Amaechi a Latin name...is Nyesom Wike a Greek name or is Amadi a Latin name

Stupidity everywhere...sometimes I think something is wro g with some of you guys ...in PH igbo (Ikwere and obigbo ) is the lingua there

Do you even know the meaning of obigbo ? It means heart of Igbo and it's in Rivers State

Snipper is still cheap....just ₦500 do the needful

2 Likes

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Mosh1: 8:55pm On Jul 14, 2019
BabaIbo:

Get lost if you don't understand a response, I am talking about the person that quoted me.
Everybody is not daft like you, merely going through people's replies on past posts will tell you something you need to know, now f*ck off
Are you this frustrated, you must be in sifia pain. Sorry bro, I don't help frustrated people.
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Mosh1: 8:57pm On Jul 14, 2019
BabaIbo:

Are you this frustrated, you must be in sifia pain to react like this. Sorry bro. I don't help frustrated people.
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Scolari020(m): 9:01pm On Jul 14, 2019
Yes ever since Kanu and okocha has become Nigeria football team team scout, Nigeria team has been occupy by the Igbos.
Igbo only care about their people to keep progrssing
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by freshMallam1122: 9:20pm On Jul 14, 2019
Barryseal:

No need catching feelings. Road block was very well attended, you heard Burna boy himself say he has never seen anything like that before(watch the video). At the same show Tiwa Savage said she has never performed in front of such marmot crowd before, the babe nearly collapsed seeing the crowd.
Note, I'm not dismissing any of the shows you put up but I'm certain you have never heard about Road block, so no point dismissing or arguing what you don't about.
mr too know how many international star did u bring to yr so Call road block.. an how many years has it been running compare to others... pls shift.. pack well make I pea here
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by BabaIbo: 9:25pm On Jul 14, 2019
Mosh1:

Are you this frustrated, you must be in sifia pain to react like this. Sorry bro. I don't help frustrated people.

F**k you

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Best147(m): 9:30pm On Jul 14, 2019
MyVILLAGEpeople:

grin grin grin grin
You want to start another tribal fight on NL abi
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Barryseal: 9:36pm On Jul 14, 2019
freshMallam1122:
mr too know how many international star did u bring to yr so Call road block.. an how many years has it been running compare to others... pls shift.. pack well make I pea here
Are you really that dull not to know I was talking about crowd attendance? Better go back to the elementary school you attended and ask for a refund.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

The Picture That Caused Ramsey Nouah's Divorce / Mompha Returns To Instagram Again After Sudden Disappearance / Simi Pregnant For Adekunle Gold, Pregnancy Was The Main Reason For The Wedding

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.