Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,332 members, 7,811,971 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:14 AM

What Is It About Catholic Church.. - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is It About Catholic Church.. (6407 Views)

A Catholic Church Is Where You Can Find Enough Wifey Material Ladies (pics) / Catholic Woman Reacts After Pastors Seek Her Hand In Marriage (pics) / 50 Couples Wed In Imo Mass Wedding At Catholic Church Immaculate Heart Of Mary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Re: What Is It About Catholic Church.. by Ubenedictus(m): 11:07am On Jul 21, 2019
RandomGuy48:

I'm a little confused by your message. Is the issue whether the marriage itself is held in the Catholic Church, or whether the groom is actually a member of the Catholic Church?

In regards to the former, to my understanding the Catholic Church does require its members to be married by a Catholic priest. But... I'm not absolutely sure about all the rules, but can't you just do both? As is my understanding, churches are free to have the religious ceremony of marriage without actually issuing a legal certificate of marriage (i.e. one recognized legally by the government), so you can just have the religious ceremony of marriage in both churches but only have one of them actually issue the legal certificate. For monetary reasons you'd presumably want one of the two ceremonies to be a simple, private affair (or maybe it's possible to have both the Catholic and Anglican priest perform the ceremony together at the same wedding--not sure though), but it seems that would be satisfactory to both of the churches in satisfying their marital requirements.
actually the Catholic Church requires her members to receive sacraments including marriage validly and licitly, which happens only in the church.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Uh / Sexy Slay Mamas Dance And Slays With A Scary Finger Nails, Got People Talking / This Picture Can Give You Orgasm Mere Looking At It (18+)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.