Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

Ngor-Okpala Imo State Marriage List That Got People Talking - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ngor-Okpala Imo State Marriage List That Got People Talking (60532 Views)

A Married Woman's Facebook Post That Got People Talking / See The Simple Wedding That Got People Talking / Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ngor-Okpala Imo State Marriage List That Got People Talking by Ikechukwuanozie(m): 5:37pm On Jul 20, 2019
virgoquin:
Hmmm

Why is a part of me suspecting that the list was made by a failed blogger grin grin

Because those guys can do and undo all for traffic
Atleast, he is creative...,he tried.. Quit the hate game sister, its not gonna help your ministry at all

1 Like

Re: Ngor-Okpala Imo State Marriage List That Got People Talking by naijadrivablog: 5:37pm On Jul 20, 2019
flashyoil, it is not a father that writes marriage list. It is the community elders.

It is only Bride Price and what is to be given to parents that the parents have power to collect or reduce or even not collect at all.
Re: Ngor-Okpala Imo State Marriage List That Got People Talking by Fraiser(m): 5:38pm On Jul 20, 2019
I can only bring all this if the girl is a virgin, if not fuc.k all of them

1 Like

Re: Ngor-Okpala Imo State Marriage List That Got People Talking by Rotimi47: 5:39pm On Jul 20, 2019
Basin and money to be put inside the basin got me cranked up with laughter. ( Abeg no offence O!)

Anyway, it their custom and as such you have to fall in line if you truly love your partner. ( Abi no be you go dey enjoy the food she go dey cook and the lipsrsealed )

Abeg don't complain; Just do the right thing.
Re: Ngor-Okpala Imo State Marriage List That Got People Talking by solochris(m): 5:40pm On Jul 20, 2019
virgoquin:
Hmmm

Why is a part of me suspecting that the list was made by a failed blogger grin grin

It's real, that's my local government. I wish they can do something about this rubbish

1 Like

Re: Ngor-Okpala Imo State Marriage List That Got People Talking by spiceadole: 5:41pm On Jul 20, 2019
Marriage list is not a new thing.
Our fathers paid more than this
Everything in that list isn't up to a million naira.
Besides,the fun of it is in the bargaining.
Bargain ,according to your power.
If they say bring 100,you provide 20
Bring 10,you provide 5
Nobody will beat you

Wonder why people are making a big deal out of nothing just to give bachelors reasons to continue being irresponsible
Re: Ngor-Okpala Imo State Marriage List That Got People Talking by seanjy4konji: 5:43pm On Jul 20, 2019
lol
Re: Ngor-Okpala Imo State Marriage List That Got People Talking by NORSYK(m): 5:44pm On Jul 20, 2019
kollysnut:

I was given similar list, after two of thinking n thinking

I broke up with the gurl, close to 2mil just for list, well am happy married now.

You never loved the girl nor intended to marry her, stop using the marriage list as an excuse of not marrying her.
Those things on the list are not a must neither are they compulsory
For instance where they requested for 100 tubers of yam and you provided 10 tubers out of 100, 10 cartons of beer you give 4 cartons nobody reject your items

1 Like

Re: Ngor-Okpala Imo State Marriage List That Got People Talking by AntiMCU: 5:44pm On Jul 20, 2019
chiommy123:
If you really love your bride you look beyond the list

2 Likes

Re: Ngor-Okpala Imo State Marriage List That Got People Talking by Beerzamd: 5:44pm On Jul 20, 2019
Kl

Re: Ngor-Okpala Imo State Marriage List That Got People Talking by Lugianostar(m): 5:45pm On Jul 20, 2019
These one is even better from the one i heard about some years back.

They are 2 options here; you can either go ahead and fulfill the requirement if you really love the woman in question or to leave the woman there for the greedy Okorohausa to marry her daughter.

These Imo state people no go kill people with their archaic mentality in exploiting people.
Re: Ngor-Okpala Imo State Marriage List That Got People Talking by ifypoly(m): 5:48pm On Jul 20, 2019
NORSYK:

You never loved the girl nor intended to marry her, stop using the marriage list as an excuse of not marrying her.
Those things on the list are not a must neither are they compulsory
For instance where they requested for 100 tubers of yam and you provided 10 tubers out of 100, 10 cartons of beer you give 4 cartons nobody reject your items

If you are given dat list in my village you must provide everything in the list,unless d gal parent bargain on ur behalf,those elders are thief

2 Likes

Re: Ngor-Okpala Imo State Marriage List That Got People Talking by TroubleMaker47(m): 5:50pm On Jul 20, 2019
virgoquin:
Hmmm

Has any of ur brothers or uncles married an imo state girl?
Re: Ngor-Okpala Imo State Marriage List That Got People Talking by brainhgeek(m): 5:50pm On Jul 20, 2019
chiommy123:

If you really love your man, you share it 50-50

5 Likes

Re: Ngor-Okpala Imo State Marriage List That Got People Talking by TroubleMaker47(m): 5:51pm On Jul 20, 2019
chiommy123:
Smh.
And u'd expect equality in marriage even after the woman has been bought? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Ngor-Okpala Imo State Marriage List That Got People Talking by BULLIONVAN4(m): 5:54pm On Jul 20, 2019
MetaPhysical:
See Ibo people placing order for amala. grin
the amala or amara there stands for grace and not that amala you're thinking.

1 Like

Re: Ngor-Okpala Imo State Marriage List That Got People Talking by Okuda(m): 5:55pm On Jul 20, 2019
why the woman no go become your proprty after this? you are basically buying her. its poor peopl that ask for these things. I wont ask for more than bride pice from any suitor. shi***

3 Likes

Re: Ngor-Okpala Imo State Marriage List That Got People Talking by Oritsewhandey(m): 5:56pm On Jul 20, 2019
OTayobami:
Olorun o! I thought there used to be a payoff like N200k or the list?
Tayo, most times, the bride isn't even one beautiful person.
No wonder they used to scrape their wives' heads when their husband, die.

Even funerals, they still charge money.

Miserable anam people.
Re: Ngor-Okpala Imo State Marriage List That Got People Talking by BULLIONVAN4(m): 5:56pm On Jul 20, 2019
niaralandtopuser:

You made the right decision. Anyone that give me a list that is more than 200k should keep his daughter
Before you do that, ensure that you did not f¤ck her.
Re: Ngor-Okpala Imo State Marriage List That Got People Talking by dominion001(m): 5:56pm On Jul 20, 2019
chiommy123:
if the money is not there you look beyond the list too.

3 Likes

Re: Ngor-Okpala Imo State Marriage List That Got People Talking by marwanafrica: 5:58pm On Jul 20, 2019
chiommy123:
What if ur pocket does not allow you to look far?
Re: Ngor-Okpala Imo State Marriage List That Got People Talking by gwarotango: 5:59pm On Jul 20, 2019
chiommy123:
Everyone falls in love at some point in their lives. Rich or poor, we're all human at the end of it all

1 Like

Re: Ngor-Okpala Imo State Marriage List That Got People Talking by hammerVJ: 5:59pm On Jul 20, 2019
Michelle55:
Ehen. You don't mean it! Are you willing to love and look beyond hunger if your hubby spends all he has during your marriage?
AwkaetitiBabe:
This list is outrageous. Haba! So this is why some insist on the lady getting pregnant first so they can beat down the list

So u are planning on marrying a poor man that cannot afford the items on that list?

Ok, wen he impregnate u and decides to go off with somebody else later.

How do u feed the kids?

If he cannot buy those items, then wat makes u think he will have money to pay child support?

Pls respect our culture. cc pazienza
Re: Ngor-Okpala Imo State Marriage List That Got People Talking by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jul 20, 2019
BULLIONVAN4:
Before you do that, ensure that you did not f¤ck her.
Bleep kill you there. did she not also bleeped me?

5 Likes

Re: Ngor-Okpala Imo State Marriage List That Got People Talking by Gkemz: 6:03pm On Jul 20, 2019
If you don't have money, don't date or marry an Imo lady

1 Like

Re: Ngor-Okpala Imo State Marriage List That Got People Talking by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jul 20, 2019
hammerVJ:

So u are planning on marrying a poor man that cannot afford the items on that list?

Ok, wen he impregnate u and decides to go off with somebody else later.

How do u feed the kids?

If he cannot buy those items, then wat makes u think he will have money to pay child support?

Pls respect or culture. cc pazienza
I respect my culture, don't get it twisted.

1 Like

Re: Ngor-Okpala Imo State Marriage List That Got People Talking by fergie001: 6:03pm On Jul 20, 2019
This is just a part of Imo nah.....

Mainly the Owerri/Mbaise axis...

The Orlu axis na almost free......

It shouldn't be generalised.....

1 Like

Re: Ngor-Okpala Imo State Marriage List That Got People Talking by Ladygenny: 6:05pm On Jul 20, 2019
Re: Ngor-Okpala Imo State Marriage List That Got People Talking by hammerVJ: 6:05pm On Jul 20, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
I respect my culture, don't get it twisted.

So ogini mere?
Re: Ngor-Okpala Imo State Marriage List That Got People Talking by Jchi9876: 6:07pm On Jul 20, 2019
Which one is 'money for counting"??

grin grin
Re: Ngor-Okpala Imo State Marriage List That Got People Talking by BabaIbo: 6:07pm On Jul 20, 2019
ifypoly:

If you are given dat list in my village you must provide everything in the list,unless d gal parent bargain on ur behalf,those elders are thief

Don't use the word must, It is not a must to provide everything, that is why it's always good to go with your own village elders who are also familiar with such thing... You will be surprised at how they will beat everything down right in front of you
Re: Ngor-Okpala Imo State Marriage List That Got People Talking by Angelfrost(m): 6:10pm On Jul 20, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
This list is outrageous. Haba! So this is why some insist on the lady getting pregnant first so they can beat down the list

Wrong... The ladies deliberately get pregnant in order to half their "market value", and if possible allowed to go on a free transfer (football fans will understand)...

It's either that, or they turn to perpetual Shiloh participants.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Wife Has Turned My Children Against Me / Margaret Oyibo Onah Missing In Abuja: Please Help Me Find My Missing Friend / Nigerian Man Who Has 97 Wives: God Gives Me Power To Satisfy Them Sexually(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.