Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,915 members, 7,835,061 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

Ngor-Okpala Imo State Marriage List That Got People Talking - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ngor-Okpala Imo State Marriage List That Got People Talking (60533 Views)

A Married Woman's Facebook Post That Got People Talking / See The Simple Wedding That Got People Talking / Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ngor-Okpala Imo State Marriage List That Got People Talking by nasoeb: 11:22pm On Jul 20, 2019
nzeobi:

families don't bring list in igboland, it's the community that owns a child and it's the community that brings a list
So that means I go turn bazaar because I want get woman wey other tribes no get.
See what its doing to your girls and tribe. Having one of/if not the highest unmarried ladies in the country.
Re: Ngor-Okpala Imo State Marriage List That Got People Talking by NNEWIsuper: 11:29pm On Jul 20, 2019
jafol:

I know one Biafra fool will answer as if I don’t know it means something, so what’s ewedu in Igbo? Lol
cc lalasticlala mynd44 rule 2
Re: Ngor-Okpala Imo State Marriage List That Got People Talking by Prymestrr(m): 11:29pm On Jul 20, 2019
Michelle55:
That's not an issue na... I'll simply carry belle for hubby, Infact na dem go dey beg hubby to bring the one wey im get sef.. My people can't try this shiits with me else na dem go suffer am.. So if dude give them all his life savings, Wetin im go use take care of me biko? To make matters worse, I no dey hear word(if dem do anyhow, I show dem anyhow cheesy )at the end of the day, shame na dem get am.wetin consign Agbero with overload
Lol... I like you Michelle.
Re: Ngor-Okpala Imo State Marriage List That Got People Talking by BULLIONVAN4(m): 2:52am On Jul 21, 2019
MetaPhysical:

...and what do you think our "amala" does to the spirit

grin grin
Your amala may be a kind of delicacy but the "IHE AMALA" translates "a thing(s) of grace" something done, courtesy of grace and not the other way round.,i hope that's what is written there? or are my eyes the ones decieving me?
Re: Ngor-Okpala Imo State Marriage List That Got People Talking by deltateam: 2:52am On Jul 21, 2019
maxiuc:
cheesy

What do you expect from people that share boundary with Mbaise people

Dem nearly finished my brother, the first day my brother went to his in-laws house he went there with his Sienna car next he went again with his Lexus car then finally he exposed himself he went again with his Venza case closed Naso his in-laws and kinsmen go amend list ooooo because they have seen the boy is loaded my papa no gree see arguments my dads list was different from the one they brought out why we ask why wasn't the list corresponding with the one they gave us earlier why this new one that was how they started saying that the gave the outdated list that we should work with the present one they just brought no be small quarrel my brother was saying that my dad should forget about the stuff that it is nothing no be money e go cost Naso my dad give am better slap and sent him out after several arguments we finally used the old list they gave us initially it got to the extent that we were prepared to go that they should take their daughter and eat we are no longer interested in the marriage na so their daughter run come outside threatening her parents that if anything should happen to her marriage today that they will definitely see her dark side like play like play the girl pack her bags ooooo her senior brothers supported her serious quarrel between the children and parents, Hehehehehe we the in-laws that came to marry was laughing loud because they are exposing themselves how the uttered the list, las las after the quarrel everything went successful

The kinsmen are responsible for all this list adjustments

Some Mbaise people sha

If you want to marry please come to mbaitolu is cheaper there

Next time if you are going for this marriage stuff Carry people who are rooted in traditional affairs

Your dad is a wise man. They need the marriage more than you. Las las if they refuse the girl go tay for their hand. Abi dem wan marry their daughter.
Re: Ngor-Okpala Imo State Marriage List That Got People Talking by deltateam: 2:54am On Jul 21, 2019
Tajbol4splend:
This is the list you get when you are getting married to a lady from a home of limited means.

Las las the girl may not even be a virgin.
Re: Ngor-Okpala Imo State Marriage List That Got People Talking by MrMou: 2:56am On Jul 21, 2019
Only a virgin is worth this! If the lady isn't a virgin & he even attempts to pay, then he's a big mor0n!

1 Like

Re: Ngor-Okpala Imo State Marriage List That Got People Talking by BULLIONVAN4(m): 3:06am On Jul 21, 2019
Lovelyn451:
its actually ihe ama ala..items that are needed to appease the land, omenala(tradition)
It's still the same thing. something done to seek grace from the gods/land. Tell that to that yoruba man who thaught that, that amala means their delicacy.
Re: Ngor-Okpala Imo State Marriage List That Got People Talking by deltateam: 3:12am On Jul 21, 2019
solochris:

It's real, that's my local government. I wish they can do something about this rubbish

I doubt its the same list for indigenes.
Re: Ngor-Okpala Imo State Marriage List That Got People Talking by BULLIONVAN4(m): 3:23am On Jul 21, 2019
aprilwise:
What if the groom can't afford all the things on the list?
Then you are not qualified or matured enough to take a wife. because in the future, you cannot provide the child(ren)'s educational requirement without complaining.
Re: Ngor-Okpala Imo State Marriage List That Got People Talking by Biodun556(m): 3:27am On Jul 21, 2019
Why is everything about alcohol and cigarettes. Are they drug addicts?
Re: Ngor-Okpala Imo State Marriage List That Got People Talking by BULLIONVAN4(m): 3:30am On Jul 21, 2019
Unrated900:
No list is better than the Yoruba list

Yoruba has the best list

Just 45 tubers of yam

Then bride price is 5k

Take your wife away

Compare to the igbos

They will want to open breweries on ur head

Thank God I married an Igbo woman

And am happy they open breweries on my head because their Pikin head good for me
Oga we're talking about ngor okpala and not the entire Igbo nation. Ngor okpala, mbano and mbaise are just towns in Imo state which is not up to 15 L.G.A's. so i dont know why you are comparing just 3 towns with the entire yoruba nation. dont you see that it looks somehow?
Re: Ngor-Okpala Imo State Marriage List That Got People Talking by BULLIONVAN4(m): 3:36am On Jul 21, 2019
kingsmecca:
Gbege! I have entered one chance o, anyway I'm in already and there's no going back. All I'm asking is for God to shower some blessings, that list can be settled.
Wise man
Re: Ngor-Okpala Imo State Marriage List That Got People Talking by ransomed: 4:00am On Jul 21, 2019
Southeast cannot produce enough palm oil because the gallons of nmayan needed as marriage drinks is outrageous and causing ecological disaster. Lol...
Re: Ngor-Okpala Imo State Marriage List That Got People Talking by maxiuc(m): 5:42am On Jul 21, 2019
[quote author=SirBunky85 post=80464006][/quote]oga in traditional marriage list stuff you are not allowed to talk yes my dad slapped him for trying to expose himself more that Money is not problem for him, it seems you have not gone for marriage rites the groom doesn't talk in the matter is non of his business,

Why am I even explaining to you
Re: Ngor-Okpala Imo State Marriage List That Got People Talking by riczy(m): 5:46am On Jul 21, 2019
NORSYK:
I havent seen where a marriage was called off because of marriage list.
Besides the things on the list are not compulsory, for instance the wrote 100 tubers of yam, if you decides to buy 10 out of the 100 nobody will reject it
Ok,now I see u ar a learner
Re: Ngor-Okpala Imo State Marriage List That Got People Talking by aprilwise(m): 6:23am On Jul 21, 2019
BULLIONVAN4:
Then you are not qualified or matured enough to take a wife. because in the future, you cannot provide the child(ren)'s educational requirement without complaining.
There is life after paying of the bride prize. Not that am not qualify or matured some things on the list is not necessary. Just greed.
Re: Ngor-Okpala Imo State Marriage List That Got People Talking by doublecross(m): 6:40am On Jul 21, 2019
many nigerians don't think. you all commenting should know thar this list was made up. i know ngor opala well.,.it's very easy and cheap to marry from there. shame on the op for telling lies
Re: Ngor-Okpala Imo State Marriage List That Got People Talking by Lovelyn451(f): 6:41am On Jul 21, 2019
BULLIONVAN4:
It's still the same thing. something done to seek grace from the gods/land. Tell that to that yoruba man who thaught that, that amala means their delicacy.
grace: imo- amara, anambra- amala
land: Imo- ala, anambra- ana
Ama ala, omena ana(traditions). In Igbo two vowels cannot be placed together, one swallows the other(olulo udaolu) hence its Amala,omenana
Re: Ngor-Okpala Imo State Marriage List That Got People Talking by doublecross(m): 6:42am On Jul 21, 2019
ransomed:
Southeast cannot produce enough palm oil because the gallons of nmayan needed as marriage drinks is outrageous and causing ecological disaster. Lol...
f00lishness
Re: Ngor-Okpala Imo State Marriage List That Got People Talking by doublecross(m): 6:44am On Jul 21, 2019
deltateam:

Your dad is a wise man. They need the marriage more than you. Las las if they refuse the girl go tay for their hand. Abi dem wan marry their daughter.
lies everywhere
Re: Ngor-Okpala Imo State Marriage List That Got People Talking by doublecross(m): 6:44am On Jul 21, 2019
nasoeb:

So that means I go turn bazaar because I want get woman wey other tribes no get.
See what its doing to your girls and tribe. Having one of/if not the highest unmarried ladies in the country.
senseless talk
Re: Ngor-Okpala Imo State Marriage List That Got People Talking by keneharry: 6:56am On Jul 21, 2019
Michelle55:
Ehen. You don't mean it! Are you willing to love and look beyond hunger if your hubby spends all he has during your marriage?
You made my day

1 Like

Re: Ngor-Okpala Imo State Marriage List That Got People Talking by nzeobi(m): 7:11am On Jul 21, 2019
nasoeb:

is marriage and achievement ?
are igbo men and men from other tribes not marrying igbo women ?.
mind you the list is not same for all communities, some have much and some have little on their list.
Re: Ngor-Okpala Imo State Marriage List That Got People Talking by AbuAeesha: 7:20am On Jul 21, 2019
chiommy123:
If you really love your bride you look beyond the list
is alright,look beyond the list and go bankrupt

1 Like

Re: Ngor-Okpala Imo State Marriage List That Got People Talking by AbuAeesha: 7:20am On Jul 21, 2019
chiommy123:
If you really love your bride you look beyond the list
is alright,look beyond the list and go bankrupt abi
Re: Ngor-Okpala Imo State Marriage List That Got People Talking by Freshguy007(m): 8:26am On Jul 21, 2019
And when men starts beating and maltreating their wifes now they will set men are wicked. But it started from the father of the woman. Are you selling your daughter?

2 Likes

Re: Ngor-Okpala Imo State Marriage List That Got People Talking by BULLIONVAN4(m): 8:31am On Jul 21, 2019
aprilwise:
There is life after paying of the bride prize. Not that am not qualify or matured some things on the list is not necessary. Just greed.
Dear, i can tell you that most of the item(s) on that list can be overlooked. just trust me when i say that. i am a living witness when they came to perform my sister's marital rites in that same imo state(orlu axis precisely) and it is never a must that you must provide 100 tubers of yam if that's what is written there. example when they came to marry my sister, they wrote 50 tubers, and they came with 24 tubers and the elders accepted it wholeheartedly and other items reduced or even overlooked.
Re: Ngor-Okpala Imo State Marriage List That Got People Talking by 1stdammy: 8:36am On Jul 21, 2019
[quote author=maxiuc post=80462159] cheesy

What do you expect from people that share boundary with Mbaise people

Dem nearly finished my brother, the first day my brother went to his in-laws house he went there with his Sienna car next he went again with his Lexus car then finally he exposed himself he went again with his Venza case closed Naso his in-laws and kinsmen go amend list ooooo because they have seen the boy is loaded my papa no gree see arguments my dads list was different from the one they brought out why we ask why wasn't the list corresponding with the one they gave us earlier why this new one that was how they started saying that the gave the outdated list that we should work with the present one they just brought no be small quarrel my brother was saying that my dad should forget about the stuff that it is nothing no be money e go cost Naso my dad give am better slap and sent him out after several arguments we finally used the old list they gave us initially it got to the extent that we were prepared to go that they should take their daughter and eat we are no longer interested in the marriage na so their daughter run come outside threatening her parents that if anything should happen to her marriage today that they will definitely see her dark side like play like play the girl pack her bags ooooo her senior brothers supported her serious quarrel between the children and parents, Hehehehehe we the in-laws that came to marry was laughing loud because they are exposing themselves how the uttered the list, las las after the quarrel everything went successful

The kinsmen are responsible for all this list adjustments

Some Mbaise people sha

If you want to marry please come to mbaitolu is cheaper there

Next time if you are going for this marriage stuff Carry people who are rooted in traditional affairs

Lol....
I can't help but laugh out hard. But, on a more serious note, how is ikeduru LGA, cos na there me I dey marry from Oooooooh? . I con be Yoruba join. what I am seeing up there is very very scary.
Re: Ngor-Okpala Imo State Marriage List That Got People Talking by BULLIONVAN4(m): 8:38am On Jul 21, 2019
Lovelyn451:
grace: imo- amara, anambra- amala
land: Imo- ala, anambra- ana
Ama ala, omena ana(traditions). In Igbo two vowels cannot be placed together, one swallows the other(olulo udaolu) hence its Amala,omenana
You're actually correct as i was talking from anambra perspective because i was born and raised there. I've made my research meanwhile I'm from Imo State.

1 Like

Re: Ngor-Okpala Imo State Marriage List That Got People Talking by Electronzeez(m): 8:40am On Jul 21, 2019
I dont care what you think .if I become a dangote ,there is no way in hell i am complying with this kind of list .

You can keep your daughter .
Re: Ngor-Okpala Imo State Marriage List That Got People Talking by ThatFairGuy: 8:48am On Jul 21, 2019
The worst part is she won't be a virgin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Wife Has Turned My Children Against Me / Nigerian Man Who Has 97 Wives: God Gives Me Power To Satisfy Them Sexually(Pics) / Woman Kneels Down To Thank Her Husband After Graduating With PhD, See Reactions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.