Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:02 AM

Should I Still Travel To The USA? - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Should I Still Travel To The USA? (34909 Views)

Can You Still Travel Back To Nigeria With An Expired Passport? / Can A Nigerian Still Travel To Europe With Work Visa!!! / Nigerians This Is Canada Right Now, Would You Still Travel If Granted Visa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Still Travel To The USA? by GOOOGLE504(m): 7:12pm On Jul 21, 2019
cenaman:
Bros u no dey go anywhere who una wan live this country for if everybody travel go yankee? we die here together.
d way I dey look dis thing en, e be like say everybody don jaapa o ... make una show us d way abeg

1 Like

Re: Should I Still Travel To The USA? by timesup234: 7:15pm On Jul 21, 2019
Do people still travel to America? That over hyped shitthole

1 Like

Re: Should I Still Travel To The USA? by GOOOGLE504(m): 7:16pm On Jul 21, 2019
Blastedholligan:
There's this sweet Akata I met on fb, we are getting along well and she's thinking we could spend our lives together. She's a single mother of one, older than me with one year and a medical assistant.

Now the problem is, she doesn't really earn too much and she has accumulated alot of loans that could amount to 50k dols and she wants to acquire another to study at the University for 4years, calculating all these could amount to like 150k dols and I've not even talked about my own cos I'll have to sponsor myself through school.

Another issue is that I don't think I'm really ready to settle down cos I really need to hustle and make money to help my family if I eventually travel before marrying and I intend on doing a course here in Nigeria for Digital Marketing to help me secure a nice job.

My problem now is, I'm scared of marrying someone who has acquired these loans cos Las Las na me go still follow pay wetin I no sabi.

Please, I need a clear guide on what I should do cos I don't wanna be selfish here with her by using her to get to the USA, I'm very willing to let go of her if I have very good reasons to.

Pardon my scattered words.

OP dnt be in a rush ok?? better things gon come ur way really soon.. and u will eventually Port out of dis shitt hole
Re: Should I Still Travel To The USA? by Enemyofpeace: 7:17pm On Jul 21, 2019
Give me the name and phone number of the girl for me to ask her some very important questions so as to use them to advice you

1 Like

Re: Should I Still Travel To The USA? by heendrix(m): 7:21pm On Jul 21, 2019
Blastedholligan:
There's this sweet Akata I met on fb, we are getting along well and she's thinking we could spend our lives together. She's a single mother of one, older than me with one year and a medical assistant.

Now the problem is, she doesn't really earn too much and she has accumulated alot of loans that could amount to 50k dols and she wants to acquire another to study at the University for 4years, calculating all these could amount to like 150k dols and I've not even talked about my own cos I'll have to sponsor myself through school.

Another issue is that I don't think I'm really ready to settle down cos I really need to hustle and make money to help my family if I eventually travel before marrying and I intend on doing a course here in Nigeria for Digital Marketing to help me secure a nice job.

My problem now is, I'm scared of marrying someone who has acquired these loans cos Las Las na me go still follow pay wetin I no sabi.

Please, I need a clear guide on what I should do cos I don't wanna be selfish here with her by using her to get to the USA, I'm very willing to let go of her if I have very good reasons to.

Don't know what Akata means tho but a guy below mentioned it to be an African American....the funny shit is if you believe Whites are treated same way with blacks up here your still sarcasing not when trump is still the President atm

those Rauls up there advising she'd be freed of the debt don't know how it is here
Re: Should I Still Travel To The USA? by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jul 21, 2019
byrron:

Lots of misinformation being peddled here as facts which are almost Incorrect.

1 Dating and professing love to an akata (black American) on Facebook is just the beginning of the journey since your coming over is still 50/50 and not an automatic entrabce to the US even if she files in for a fiance Visa for you.

Your chances increases if you are both married of which she needs to come over to Nigeria so you can both get married and when she gets back to US and then file in a petition for her spouse (you) to join her which increases the likelihood of you being issued a Visa. The process can even take up to a year that's after filing for your coming over even after getting married.

2. Almost everyone in America is in one form of debt or the other which could be in form of student debt, medical insurance debt, IRS, car notes (known as car loan in nigeria), and credit card debts and most of these debts are inevitable.

Having a student debt isn't a crime and it is her debt and she was honest about it. Getting married to her does not transfer the payment of her student debts on you as it is widely peddled in most comments here.

3. If you are not ready to settle down then don't lead her on.

4. Your concern should be this, do you really love her and are you willing to start playing the role of a step dad once you get married to her? These are questions that you will be asked when you go for your 2 year permanent resident card interview with USCIS.

5. Are you ready to accommodate the orientation of someone from a different society where the man is expected to be at his best behavior at every point in time even when you are being mistreated by the lady?

6. Are you ready to tolerate all her BS for the next 5 years after getting married to her because any misyarning or misbehavior from you may likely result to you ending up in jail and also seeing yourself in muritala Muhammad airport as a depotee.

7. You are more concerned about the financial aspect of the relationship but you haven't even giving a thought to the psychological aspect of it which solely determines what will be your fate.

8. You may be lucky to use her and get to the state's but she can end up making your life more miserable than you ever envisaged and you will end up wishing you never used her nor left Nigeria in the first place.

The US laws are not thing's you toy with especially when it involves a woman talkless of marriage that was built on false premises.

You haven't even started the journey that will take you to the bridge and you are already discussing on how to cross a bridge

1 Like

Re: Should I Still Travel To The USA? by happney65: 7:22pm On Jul 21, 2019
dayleke:

I just saw dis n dey look d advices n responses....

Omode ko mo ogun, o n pe ni efo.

Only if it's just as easy.

They like African guys na especially Naija n d ones from Ghana but there are many over there na.
I don't know d girl o but on what level did our brother here broke thru to her?
Leaving all d ones wey dey Yankee to convince d one wey dey Naija.
Maybe bushmeat wan catch hunter.

Akata girls don wise up too.

And last thing be say dat man wan make America great again.
If you know you know. cool

Hmmmmmmm, "If you know,You know"
Re: Should I Still Travel To The USA? by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jul 21, 2019
Hmmm....My case is similar to the Op, just that I don't think she has any debts to pay. She is a Nigerian living in America and with kids. She is a little older than me, but look so young and beautiful like a goddess. She has a job of her own.

We been getting along well. We have alots of things in common that I feel we will never have any problem living together. Initially I was excited at the thought that I will get to America through her, but right now My feeling for her is much more than that. She is so down to earth and God's fearing. I am Falling love with her already.

There have been alots of negative advice from all quarters about getting married to her. Some are worried about the kids that they may not respect me or something, other said she may just want to use me. I discussed all my fear with her and she assured me of her support. I am only worried about the way she will treat me, which she also promised to treat me right.

I know it is a big risk getting married to her, but life is a risk itself. With all the degrees I have acquired in Nigeria at age, I still don't have a job to feed me properly, not to talk of getting married.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Still Travel To The USA? by dayleke: 7:33pm On Jul 21, 2019
[quote author=soberdrunk post=80495344][/quote]

I gentle o....
This heat too much baje...
Re: Should I Still Travel To The USA? by soberdrunk(m): 7:45pm On Jul 21, 2019
dayleke:

I gentle o....
This heat too much baje...

Cold beer to the rescue.....
Re: Should I Still Travel To The USA? by smasher1(m): 8:02pm On Jul 21, 2019
Blastedholligan:

$150k is 54m naira

$50k is 18m naira.

Do the maths and advise your self.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Still Travel To The USA? by dayleke: 8:02pm On Jul 21, 2019
soberdrunk:

Cold beer to the rescue.....

Ghen ghen!!!!

Yes o....
Re: Should I Still Travel To The USA? by BlacDonaldTrump(m): 8:05pm On Jul 21, 2019
Guy, no try am ooo.
Keep searching. You fit find one wey dey single with no kids and has a pretty decent job.
African Americans and Africans are totally different my brother. Forget what you see on TV.
Don't mortgage your life abeg. It is not worth it I tell you.
Re: Should I Still Travel To The USA? by chukwuibuipob: 8:14pm On Jul 21, 2019
grin wink cheesy wink cheesy grin grin grin wink cheesy grin wink cheesy grin grin cheesy undecided
BlacDonaldTrump:
Guy, no try am ooo.
Keep searching. You fit find one wey dey single with no kids and has a pretty decent job.
African Americans and Africans are totally different my brother. Forget what you see on TV.
undecided
BlacDonaldTrump:
Guy, no try am ooo.
single without kids? Those category are unstable/ CONFUSIONIST.Dey get angry/upset alot.Dem go deceive U well and later show U their bobo/U'll wake up one fine morning to read Jane engage/ in relationship with David Not Chinedu/Dayo.Single mother are BETTER BY FAR.Mind U,NOT all if dem are dumb upstairs.So dnt try and play smart pant
Re: Should I Still Travel To The USA? by prettyynx(m): 8:17pm On Jul 21, 2019
either you get a student visa or a fiancee visa , those are your options .

black Americans aka akata are not the easiest people to live especially if they know your from Africa, it will take a miracle to find a level headed one, one mistake that you think can be overlooked can never be over looked by them , on the other hand if you give them 100% love and honesty they will worship you , just dont make them angry.. like i said , its easier said than done. everything is sweet online but when you guys start living together , true colors will show up .
as per loan , just forget it , its none of your business.
And whatever naija mentality you have please leave it at muritala airport because she will never understand it.

Blastedholligan:
Thanks alot for your input, but I wish to ask; what are the dangers of living with an akata with a kid? Any issue involved? And how do I get these right papers with and without her help? I just wanna weigh my options to see what I can do here.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Still Travel To The USA? by onlyforchrist: 8:22pm On Jul 21, 2019
Blastedholligan:
Thanks boss. Please help push this to FP so I can get more views people.

Is it views that you need or advise? just wise had done the needful by giving u a clear cut advise. if you don't want to be a slave in America u better let her go. U go suffer so tee life go tire u for Yankee when ur eyes Don clear.

1 Like

Re: Should I Still Travel To The USA? by wrongnumber: 8:46pm On Jul 21, 2019
Blastedholligan:

Enter first.

1 Like

Re: Should I Still Travel To The USA? by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jul 21, 2019
Pascalville:
I am in this guy shoes just that mine wants my baby first before marriage and she is a Nigerian-British.. told me if i dont make moves in 3 or 4 years time about meeting her dad who resides in France and about her proposal of impregnating her first then she will dump me if she sees i am playing around not serious with out. She is based in UK.. I have thought about it all. I am leaving once i am done with school nextyear and well i am aware of child support so i am signing in for this shît. smiley

Why I non they get this opportunity again. Back then 2011 I get them plenty I just misuse am.
Re: Should I Still Travel To The USA? by Jelzin2412(m): 8:51pm On Jul 21, 2019
Blastedholligan:

Hello brother, I hardly comment but i feel it's important i wade into this one. It's a common practice to live on mortgage in most develped nations especially in Europe and America. However, i don't think you have got anything to worry about cos her credit scores must have been checked and deemed alright before she was granted the loans/mortgages. What it simply means is that the values of these things will be debited from her account via a direct debit option on a monthly basis such that she could continue paying for these things for the next 2 or 3 decades. And as long as she keeps earning you wouldn't have any issues at all cos you are not likely to contribute to their payments.
Most people you see online including Nigerians living in the diaspora showing off online obtained their expensive items on loans/mortgages and that's the way of life in many developed nations.
So if you love her do not be pertubed and i guess the reason she felt free to tell you about it all is simply cos she thought you will understand and considering she may have lived abroad for more than 5yrs it could have played into her head by assuming you could hv easily understood too since it's the norm there.
My advice is that u ask her for clarifications to help you understand better and i will also let you know that if you get a modest paying job in the US, you are also likely to obtain some things on mortgage cos ur African beliefs may be eroded as you live on in such country.
Thanks
Re: Should I Still Travel To The USA? by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jul 21, 2019
peerless0012:
Hmmm....My case is similar to the Op, just that I don't think she has any debts to pay. She is a Nigerian living in America and with kids. She is a little older than me, but look so young and beautiful like a goddess. She has a job of her own.

We been getting along well. We have alots of things in common that I feel we will never have any problem living together. Initially I was excited at the thought that I will get to America through her, but right now My feeling for her is much more than that. She is so down to earth and God's fearing. I am Falling love with her already.

There have been alots of negative advice from all quarters about getting married to her. Some are worried about the kids that they may not respect me or something, other said she may just want to use me. I discussed all my fear with her and she assured me of her support. I am only worried about the way she will treat me, which she also promised to treat me right.

I know it is a big risk getting married to her, but life is a risk itself. With all the degrees I have acquired in Nigeria at age, I still don't have a job to feed me properly, not to talk of getting married.

Take your shot don't even think twice. I was trying to be calculative that's how I lost an opportunity of a life time she was ready to book my play ticket soon pay for all the necessaries. Till her ex husband came back is just be like say na village people find me it was my fault I wasted time.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Still Travel To The USA? by segzyndpep(m): 8:55pm On Jul 21, 2019
babzo:
See this oga.
You think its Nigeria .
EVERYONE in America has or had one big debt or the other.
The Obamas had debts, Trump had and still has debts.
Debt is how that country progresses. If you dont pay, not only can't you progress, you wont even get a good job.
Infact without having credit card debt, you cant get a good job because most employers check credit score now and to have a good credit score you must have at least one debt.
Whats bad is when you dont pay.
The average American has a Credit Score of over 630 which is ok.
Fair is 650 and above.
Good is 700+
Excellent is above that.

Even the millionaires have debt, they all pay mortgage on their homes including Tiger Woods and Magic Johnson and Tom Brady.

The whole idea is that government doesn't want you to have to save all your life before buying the good things of life.

The average 23 to 30 year old already can buy a brand new car and house worth N100 million naira.

There is nothing bad in debt, whats bad is not paying or borrowing more than your capacity.

Thank you for this information
Re: Should I Still Travel To The USA? by abeggnow: 8:55pm On Jul 21, 2019
RDPMAN:
You think oyinbo women are like the black woman, she doesn't need you to pay her loan, how much do you have, after her course she will get a better paid job and the loan will be removed in her salary ... Common, leave the fucking country.
he said akata not oyinbo,akata dat black american. If u know anything about america u dhould stay awsy from them. They are freaking lazy.i am tslking about akata here o . Oyibo na whites. Font grt it twisted
Re: Should I Still Travel To The USA? by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jul 21, 2019
BiggyB242:

Take your shot don't even think twice. I was trying to be calculative that's how I lost an opportunity of a life time she was ready to book my play ticket soon pay for all the necessaries. Till her ex husband came back is just be like say na village people find me it was my fault I wasted time.

Thanks bro, I appreciate your comment
Re: Should I Still Travel To The USA? by segzyndpep(m): 9:00pm On Jul 21, 2019
peerless0012:

Make the sacrifice and leave this Nigeria first..once you are there you will be alright

1 Like

Re: Should I Still Travel To The USA? by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jul 21, 2019
Blastedholligan:

I thought you were dealing with a white woman I would have advice you to ride on without thinking twice but African American them wise like Naija babe and they lie a lot, from my experience with various they are very stingy.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Still Travel To The USA? by Adukpe19(m): 9:17pm On Jul 21, 2019
Nothing we can do! Take am as u see am oga till 2023
lastempero:

No I am serious

Re: Should I Still Travel To The USA? by babzo(m): 9:32pm On Jul 21, 2019
segzyndpep:

Thank you for this information

Welcome bro. Any other information you require let me know and its 100% free info.
Re: Should I Still Travel To The USA? by lastempero: 9:33pm On Jul 21, 2019
Adukpe19:
Nothing we can do! Take am as u see am oga till 2023

E no concern me dear, na latter things
Re: Should I Still Travel To The USA? by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jul 21, 2019
BarrElChapo:
I read this with joy. you said it concisely. smiley

before you read with joy

3 Likes

Re: Should I Still Travel To The USA? by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jul 21, 2019
byrron:

Lots of misinformation being peddled here as facts which are almost Incorrect.

1. Dating and professing love to an akata (black American) on Facebook is just the beginning of the journey since your coming over is still 50/50 and not an automatic entrabce to the US even if she files in for a fiance Visa for you.

Your chances increases if you are both married of which she needs to come over to Nigeria so you can both get married and when she gets back to US and then file in a petition for her spouse (you) to join her which increases the likelihood of you being issued a Visa. The process can even take up to a year that's after filing for your coming over even after getting married.

2. Almost everyone in America is in one form of debt or the other which could be in form of student debt, medical insurance debt, IRS, car notes (known as car loan in nigeria), and credit card debts and most of these debts are inevitable.

Having a student debt isn't a crime and it is her debt and she was honest about it. Getting married to her does not transfer the payment of her student debts on you as it is widely peddled in most comments here.

3. If you are not ready to settle down then don't lead her on.

4. Your concern should be this, do you really love her and are you willing to start playing the role of a step dad once you get married to her? These are questions that you will be asked when you go for your 2 year permanent resident card interview with USCIS.

5. Are you ready to accommodate the orientation of someone from a different society where the man is expected to be at his best behavior at every point in time even when you are being mistreated by the lady?

6. Are you ready to tolerate all her BS for the next 5 years after getting married to her because any misyarning or misbehavior from you may likely result to you ending up in jail and also seeing yourself in muritala Muhammad airport as a depotee.

7. You are more concerned about the financial aspect of the relationship but you haven't even giving a thought to the psychological aspect of it which solely determines what will be your fate.

8. You may be lucky to use her and get to the state's but she can end up making your life more miserable than you ever envisaged and you will end up wishing you never used her nor left Nigeria in the first place.

The US laws are not thing's you toy with especially when it involves a woman talkless of marriage that was built on false premises.

You haven't even started the journey that will take you to the bridge and you are already discussing on how to cross a bridge.

since he didnt cosign it, he is free but when they start filling tax together then he is in trouble, also it depend on the state he is relocating to

Re: Should I Still Travel To The USA? by lereinter(m): 10:28pm On Jul 21, 2019
Very funny

Who told you you will be the one to pay, did she tell you to pay for her

Maybe your intention is to be collecting money from her
Re: Should I Still Travel To The USA? by Ugosample(m): 10:29pm On Jul 21, 2019
timesup234:
Do people still travel to America? That over hyped shitthole

this guy again? cheesy grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Nigerian Pilot, Ademilola, Makes History As First African To Fly The World Solo / Lagos Blue Line Trains Now Run On Electricity (Videos). / Accident In Ilorin Kills Corper, Kwara Polytechnic Students & Driver (Graphic!)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.