Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,504 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:17 PM

My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment (48059 Views)

Help!!! My Landlord Has Removed The Roof Of My Apartment / How I Managed Light Situation In My Apartment (DIY Guide) / Please Help. My Apartment Is Being Haunted By A Ghost. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment by Basseybruce: 8:10am On Jul 26, 2019
ipobarethieves:
Replace/change the key not the handle/doorknob. It cost N500/700 naira only. How I wish u can connect electric shock on d doorknob/camera inside ur room to capture the intruder. if it is the landlord, lucky U cos he must cough out '900, 000k u keep inside ur room or police will see d video

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment by madridguy(m): 8:10am On Jul 26, 2019
Same landlord you slept with his wife? My advise for you is to start looking for house elsewhere.
I guess he's trying to give you shock of your life. Move out before accidental fire consume you.

Deathisfree:
I Live in an apartment, just me and my landlord . I noticed strange things when I travel,I don’t meet things the way I left them when I’m back

It’s a modern door so padlocks can’t be used ,no intruder can come in because it’s well fenced and gated.
I’m 100% sure he has my spare keys,I can’t be saying how I found out he has my keys cox he might be reading this as well.

Please what do I do. I feel my privacy is being tampered it.

Re: My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment by 2sexycom(m): 8:11am On Jul 26, 2019
Deathisfree:
I Live in an apartment, just me and my landlord . I noticed strange things when I travel,I don’t meet things the way I left them when I’m back

It’s a modern door so padlocks can’t be used ,no intruder can come in because it’s well fenced and gated.
I’m 100% sure he has my spare keys,I can’t be saying how I found out he has my keys cox he might be reading this as well.

install a security camera and monitor what goes in and out. that way, you will catch the person red handed.
Re: My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment by madgoat(m): 8:12am On Jul 26, 2019
nelszx:
Change the key, just the one the lock can open and leave the knob. The intruder would think it's the same thing. Change the key would cost you like 500 naira or so. So you'd be the only one holding the keys but if you're buoyant enough you can install a camera inside to see whom the intruder is.

Yes do this. You can actually change just the key part without having to change the whole door lock (depends on the kind of lock). Get a carpenter or other artisan to check it out for you. I have done it before.

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment by sharpwriter(m): 8:13am On Jul 26, 2019
Deathisfree:

Have you watched "The Resident " (2011)... You may learn a thing or two from there.
Re: My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment by diehard1: 8:15am On Jul 26, 2019
just change the cylinder of the lock without changing the key assembly as in the video below. You can equally install ip cctv so you can watch over your property real time over the internet. You are not safe in that environment. Only God knows what he is looking for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cppvsKj_3QQ

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment by West2019(m): 8:15am On Jul 26, 2019
This is the time God wnt to bless u.wit double money , just installed indoor security camera nd wait for the result ,do it nd thank me later
Re: My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment by SURElee(f): 8:17am On Jul 26, 2019
Offpoint:
Everyone just read and advice you against the landlord, what if it's not the landlord? What if you're just hallucinating and seeing things who aren't there?

What if you don't like your landlord and rats tempered with your stuffs and you think it's the landlord?

You said things aren't the way you left them, please list those things.

There could be a rodent, reptile or wind messing with your stuffs. I strongly believe you don't like your landlord... If nothing is missing, then nobody body entered into your house while you were away.

So rodents like rats and reptiles won't leave their droplets behind? How do you know a rat is in your house without seeing it? Isn't it the droplets?

The person whose privacy is been intruded should plan to leave that apartment before she is raped by the landlord one night as she sleeps with nobody to come help her in the dead of the night or stabbed as a guy by a psychotic intruding landlord.
Re: My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment by bizhop01: 8:20am On Jul 26, 2019
Deathisfree:

100% sure without proof equal to empty accusation.

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment by Badgers14: 8:22am On Jul 26, 2019
Deathisfree:

Change the keys/door lock
Re: My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment by godquality: 8:22am On Jul 26, 2019
Install a hidden camera and stop accusing someone that might be innocent. Get your proof b4 pointing fingers.
Re: My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment by dnawah(m): 8:22am On Jul 26, 2019
Deathisfree:

them change ur key,u don't need to remove the hole lock.just remove the place u put the key by loosing the central nut.go to the market and buy new one.
Re: My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment by clive2u(m): 8:24am On Jul 26, 2019
Connect electricity to the door.

Don't forget and fall into your trap when u go back o

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment by cardoso222: 8:26am On Jul 26, 2019
Set up a wifi camera when you are away and watch the intruder from your fone!
Re: My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment by ElsonMorali: 8:31am On Jul 26, 2019
Deathisfree:

Since you sleep with your landlord's wife, you should have no problem with him trespassing into your apartment too. Fair is fair. But the day you will will nack "thunderstorm" aka magun is minus one today.

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment by don4real18(m): 8:32am On Jul 26, 2019
Deathisfree:

Where do you stay? I can help change your lock
Re: My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment by delman88(m): 8:34am On Jul 26, 2019
Deathisfree:

Get new sets of keys or install a CCTV secretly
Re: My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment by Offpoint: 8:36am On Jul 26, 2019
SURElee:

So rodents like rats and reptiles won't leave their droplets behind? How do you know a rat is in your house without seeing it? Isn't it the droplets?

The person whose privacy is been intruded should plan to leave that apartment before she is raped by the landlord one night as she sleeps with nobody to come help her in the dead of the night or stabbed as a guy by a psychotic intruding landlord.
If droplets are evidence of rodents, then what's the evidence the landlord intruded his apartment?

You can't totally submit the landlord is the intruder with no evidence.
There's a reason he used the word "suspecting"
Re: My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment by Thugaa: 8:38am On Jul 26, 2019
Change the keys. What exactly are you waiting to hear on nairaland

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment by nini1: 8:38am On Jul 26, 2019
But you slept with your Landlord wife here: https://www.nairaland.com/5317985/slept-landlords-wife-last-night

Something is not right. Either you are a liar or you are just writing things from your head & imaginations.

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment by carlos1(m): 8:40am On Jul 26, 2019
rentAcock:
Buy a German shepherd, pit bull or rottweiler and I assure you, you wont have this problem again.

Dogs dat dey ll just throw poisoned meat bone for, it ll just eat it n sleep off.
Re: My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment by Nobody: 8:51am On Jul 26, 2019
The same thing happened to me here , when I'm packing in my landlady gave me 3 keys instead of 4, whenever anytime I'm not at home I noticed someone is enter my apartment scattered things ( in self contained) I changed the key since then she did not talk to me again

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment by surreal15(m): 8:52am On Jul 26, 2019
Lol... if this your post about his wife is true, just go beg for forgiveness and pack out of there...

mbok, stay away from trouble bikonu!

Re: My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment by tope3x(m): 8:54am On Jul 26, 2019
It might even be a snake....I have heard of a story where the man travels and whenever he comes back,everywhere would have been disorganized,so he installed a camera and lo and behold,it was a very big python making a mess of everywhere,he called people to search the house and the python was killed...so bro,be sure before conclusion.
Thanks

Offpoint:
Everyone just read and advice you against the landlord, what if it's not the landlord? What if you're just hallucinating and seeing things which aren't there?

What if you don't like your landlord and rats tempered with your stuffs and you think it's the landlord?

You said things aren't the way you left them, please list those things.

There could be a rodent, reptile or wind messing with your stuffs. I strongly believe you don't like your landlord... If nothing is missing, then nobody body entered into your house while you were away.
Re: My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment by bluefilm: 8:55am On Jul 26, 2019
Your landlord is a true CIA.

He spies on you in your home.

He also spies on you on nairaland.

Your case is different, bro.

2 Likes

Re: My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment by decub: 9:01am On Jul 26, 2019
Deathisfree:

It's simple, change the key lock cylinder. It should be less than N1000. If na Buono door, call them to come and replace the cylinder for you.
Re: My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment by SocialJustice: 9:16am On Jul 26, 2019
Deathisfree:

Attention seeker. Abeg shift.

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment by rita25(f): 9:18am On Jul 26, 2019
what if you are living with a ghost?,what if your landlord is actually the one?what if he is looking for pant? what if you are hallucinating?what if I am mad by writing all this what ifs? you never can tell just what if
Re: My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment by topstone4: 9:19am On Jul 26, 2019
Deathisfree:

Can you invest some money into hidden cameras? The cameras will catch the intruder red handed
Re: My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment by DarlingEmojist(m): 9:19am On Jul 26, 2019
Chai!! Landlord After they rent the house to somebody dey na still dey do mago mago enter

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment by bbode1(m): 9:26am On Jul 26, 2019
you sure say u no rats for house. it might be them scattering your stuffs oo..
Re: My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment by fellom(m): 9:29am On Jul 26, 2019
see once you rent any apartment or shop the first thing to do is to change the locks before moving your things into the house and if you want to buy locks or duplicate a key in other to have spare ones you don't do it anywhere close to the apartment or shop be wise! but for now change all locks.
Deathisfree:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Architecture: Construction Of Duplex In Lekki & Akwa-Ibom State. / Flood Takes Over Man's Room In Lekki, Destroys Properties As He Cries Out / How I Survived After Spending 3 Hours Under Lagos Collapsed Building - Survivor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.