Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,426 members, 7,836,712 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

My Ex-fiancee Has Siezed All My Certificates - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Ex-fiancee Has Siezed All My Certificates (4671 Views)

Met His Fiancee A Virgin But Got Deflowered By Another Guy / I Just Discovered What My Fiancee Has Been Hiding (pics) / His Fiancee Has A 7 Year Old Son. Should He Cancel The Wedding? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Ex-fiancee Has Siezed All My Certificates by smile007: 8:32pm On May 13, 2007
O boy u ne omoko ooo ! u shld never show or tell a woman ur secret now u need a find ur way out.
Re: My Ex-fiancee Has Siezed All My Certificates by LondonCool(m): 10:29pm On May 13, 2007
Seun:

If that's true, then maybe you can offer the police maybe 10,000 naira instead of the 50,000 she's demanding?

@Seun,

As a man of INTEGRITY are you suggesting that he should BRIBE the Police ?

I think he has a solid criminal case that should not involve bribing the police, if you give them once they will always come back for more.
Re: My Ex-fiancee Has Siezed All My Certificates by Seun(m): 10:38pm On May 13, 2007
I believe it is just to pay the police to do a job they were supposed to do in the first place. For instance, some banks pay the police to provide them with better security. In my opinion, that does not violate one's integrity.
Re: My Ex-fiancee Has Siezed All My Certificates by cuteass1(f): 11:17pm On May 13, 2007
Seun:

I believe it is just to pay the police to do a job they were supposed to do in the first place. For instance, some banks pay the police to provide them with better security. In my opinion, that does not violate one's integrity.

So if every tom, benson and harry has to pay the police to rescue them from criminals, what exactly is it then that the government pays them for??

Of course he could offer them some money as thanks, but pay them for doing their job is ridiculous in my opinion. But then isn't it Nigeria, can you really expect something better?? Not a chance sad

I guess rape victims too will now have to present some cash on the table for the culprit to be rendered some justice??
Real wah grin

BTW, when a bank pays the police, its becasuse they want them stand by 24/7, but should there occur a robbery in a bank, i'm sure they don't go out of their will to pay them, it'll just be the police doing their job. But then there's a different definition to the police's "job" when you cross the boarder down to Africa!!
Re: My Ex-fiancee Has Siezed All My Certificates by teddyface(m): 11:30pm On May 13, 2007
@ cute ass.
you think this is norway abi. you forget to get things done this days you have to pay.
dont worry very soon you will have to pay kids to read their book. SAD embarassed
Re: My Ex-fiancee Has Siezed All My Certificates by cuteass1(f): 11:44pm On May 13, 2007
teddyface:

@ cute ass.
you think this is norway abi. you forget to get things done this days you have to pay.
don't worry very soon you will have to pay kids to read their book. SAD embarassed

I know it isn't Norway, but i still don't think it should be defendable wink

Well i guess my guy CKC just has to play by the "norms" if he wishes to get his valuable documents back. Maybe thats still why its naija, here in Norway you could get back original copies of the documents from the institutions, they're all systemized. As long as you remember your name, date of birth and personal number grin

Thus there'll be no need playing the "hide and seek" game but i guess she too knew they were in naija embarassed
Re: My Ex-fiancee Has Siezed All My Certificates by BlackMamba(m): 11:45pm On May 13, 2007
Why don't you replace your certificates? I'm sure it'll be nothing close to 50K. You ought to be more concerned about protecting your life from a scorned woman. Is replacing certificates such an uphill task that you have to pay a ransom instead? Except you didn't earn the certificates.
Re: My Ex-fiancee Has Siezed All My Certificates by Nobody: 12:34am On May 14, 2007
@cute_ass

How much are the police being paid

Police force is grossly underfunded , too many big shot thieves at the top

policemen at the lower rank are still paid as under N10k per month

and retrieving new copiesof certificates is a long process

bargain with her for a price you can afford and get ur documents back

It could take you months to get new copies
Re: My Ex-fiancee Has Siezed All My Certificates by spoilt(f): 12:40am On May 14, 2007
so blackmailers can now go scot free in this country? doesnt she have a family? a father you can report to? surely they wont think she is right? they should be ashamed of their daughter's desperate measures. tell everyone in her family. let the reasonable ones talk to her. shame on her. besides last time i checked a guy can change his mind about marrying a woman anytime he likes so wtf? angry
Re: My Ex-fiancee Has Siezed All My Certificates by closetpervert(m): 12:43am On May 14, 2007
soory o - d thing be u like say make u cry? na only 38,000 - just take heart - for the certificates - leave am to God - God go pay u back in double fold - Amen.
Re: My Ex-fiancee Has Siezed All My Certificates by cuteass1(f): 12:44am On May 14, 2007
@ Salsera

Please read through my posts again dear

I said it shouldn't be mandatory, if the victim wishes to thank them thats a differet story or are you trying to tell me that a poor man should suffer all because he doesn't have the extra cash to pay the police?? Or don't poor people get blackmailed??

The pay of the policeman should be of no consequence, if the money was all he was after, then maybe he shouldn't have gone into the "police force" in the first place!!
Other people at other places get low pays, but that doesn't make them go short in their duties.

Secondly i said here in Norway it wouldn't have been such a big deal to retrieve originals but since it was Nigeria, the chances are likely zero or very slight!!
Re: My Ex-fiancee Has Siezed All My Certificates by closetpervert(m): 12:48am On May 14, 2007
@Cure-Ass

what s d big deal about retrieving certificate that you think it is not possible in Nigeria? You think say Nigeria na suegbe place abi?
Re: My Ex-fiancee Has Siezed All My Certificates by sexychica: 12:51am On May 14, 2007
so it was only 50k she demanded 4 stupid girl she should have made it 200k,next time dont lead a girl on only if u know u r cetain of ur intentions,u better look 4 d 50k,b4 she hikes it! grin
Re: My Ex-fiancee Has Siezed All My Certificates by spoilt(f): 1:09am On May 14, 2007
closetpervert:

@Cure-Ass

what s d big deal about retrieving certificate that you think it is not possible in Nigeria? You think say Nigeria na suegbe place abi?

ordinary university id card i lost, i had to go to the police station to get a police report, i got a sworn affidavit and all that just to get a replacement from the school. (i had to settle too). that police you are trying to avoid, you will still have to go there.
talk less of certificate. do you know how many years some graduates stay before they get their certificate? talk less of replacement. by the time the replacement is ready you'll be grey at the temples with arthritic joints! grin.
Re: My Ex-fiancee Has Siezed All My Certificates by cuteass1(f): 1:11am On May 14, 2007
sexsexsex:

@Cute-Ass

Thanks for the lovely information, So if its that easy as a piece of cake so why is our guy here getting all these advice, when he could just walk to wherever he got those documents from and get new ones wink

@ spoilt
Thanks dearie kiss

Some poeple just don't get it!! Sometimes its even a tog of war when you arrive late after graduation to pick your certificates not to talk of some years back, and its not even one, not even two but some documents. That will take him an extra lifetime!!
Re: My Ex-fiancee Has Siezed All My Certificates by IBDat(m): 1:22am On May 14, 2007
Damn!! Be like say this girl knew exactly the kinda boy she's dealing with, steal your certs and then blackmail you to get back yo own s*** cos you withdrew your proposal for marriage for the mere fact that she's NUTZ? - Kai!!
Well most people here have offered you numerous advises and the most popular is the police (Kinda surprised but then again Seun has been editing). Ensure that you have adequate proof to confirm it was taken without permission (theft) and also that she's demanding 50k in return for them (blackmail).
Re: My Ex-fiancee Has Siezed All My Certificates by Ndipe(m): 9:30am On May 14, 2007
I dont think the processes involved in having your certificates reissued by WAEC and your alma mater is difficult. Contact them as soon as possible. As long as you know your year, have an ID, etc, you will get a copy of those certificates. As for the scorned girl, please, dont even attempt to contact her. In the long run, she will give up.

As for those, who are blaming the guy for going against his words in marrying the girl, come, dont you think this outcome/scenario being played out is a sign of what would have occured if they had gotten married. I repeat, dont fall for her blackmail.
Re: My Ex-fiancee Has Siezed All My Certificates by gisaa(m): 9:32am On May 14, 2007
omo i pity u oooooooooooooooo,but i think u should bring EFCC in now.
Re: My Ex-fiancee Has Siezed All My Certificates by ne4real(f): 9:38am On May 14, 2007
i think u should lure her into having a conversation with u maybe in a restuarant, while u record it, and while u r there,make sure u invite an un-uniformed policeman to come and arrest her. goodluck.
Re: My Ex-fiancee Has Siezed All My Certificates by rowlandwhy: 9:54am On May 14, 2007
@ cKC
This is why we should not engage our self in most of these plays.
Sometimes it wearies us a lot.
You may go through police and arrest her to get your docs fine,
but later she may fight you in the local way by going to the native doctors
so try to think twice befor u take any decision.
Re: My Ex-fiancee Has Siezed All My Certificates by jenny2007(f): 10:58am On May 14, 2007
i agree with Bikini. The girl might just be frustrated after being dumped. you say she's nuts though, maybe! but it'll be brilliant to call her or any other person that you know is close to her and then try to find a solution. the police in niaja are robbers themselves, (i'm sorry to say) cos you'll end up paying them more than the N50,000 that your ex requested for.
Re: My Ex-fiancee Has Siezed All My Certificates by Ronke2811(f): 11:00am On May 14, 2007
@ topic
well i am so sorry abt this incident, but i do guess there are ways to handle this without informing the police.
1. u have all rite to break the relationship, cos a broken r/ship is better tha a broken marriage.
why dont u invite her to your place, make  her see reason why the r/ship cant continue again.
(the mistake u guys make at times is that you dont tell the ladies the reason for breaking up).
i believe when she hears the reason, she will drop the charges.
well it is very painful but u have to be diplomatic abt this issue, cos the more the force get involved she might even burn the credentials.
remember that anyone that wants to eat with the devil must have a very long spoon.

take her out for a drink, apologise for all uve done to her, if possible pay her off (meet her demands).
i know of a surety that she will release the credentials.
good luck
Re: My Ex-fiancee Has Siezed All My Certificates by dakmanzero(m): 11:17am On May 14, 2007
Seun

If you choose to censor posters by deleting their posts, why don't you leave a message 'original post deleted for violating terms of service' in place of deleted posts, rather than erasing them completely.

You run the risk of skewing/diluting discussions on your site.

Why is this posted here? apparently a short exchange involving me, ckc and a third party about his foolishness/negligence have mysteriously vanished. Mistake? Or silent censorship?
Re: My Ex-fiancee Has Siezed All My Certificates by Nobody: 1:07pm On May 14, 2007
She should have sued you for breach of promise. It is a civil offence to promise marriage to someone and go back on your word. Nigerian men be careful all of you who promise girls marriage to sleep with them. However her actions are not justifiable, she should have pursued a legal course of action she would have made more money.
Re: My Ex-fiancee Has Siezed All My Certificates by femionasan(m): 1:18pm On May 14, 2007
My guy just go straight to EFCC. She probably wants to use ur certs. for a new kind of scam. The fear of EFCC is the beginning of wisdom. Dont go to any police station. LOL!!! tongue grin
Re: My Ex-fiancee Has Siezed All My Certificates by laudate: 1:22pm On May 14, 2007
Rottweiler:
@CKC
I blame you for all your misfortunes. A lot of guys come to PH and behave as if all the girls are cheap here, acting like you are smarter. For your info, I am not Ikwerre but from the southwest. Be truthful, what were the bad parts of your ex-fiancee that you did not know before? If you desire to have your credentials back, I would advise that you go negotiate with her. Whether you like it or not, you have no proof that she took the documents. She could as well destroy them and claim that she never saw them. Who knows if you are even telling us the truth. Was it that you dumbed her because you found a 'better' girl.  Or maybe you even dumped her for her friend,

@swing4real
Are your people any better than the Ikwerres? Don't go condemning a people because of the misbehaviour of a few. Tell me what is really bad about the Ikwerres that you don't find else where? The main issue is selling land to several people. What about the omo oniles in Lagos, don't they do same? Please wake up and be mature.

Preach it, bro!! Preach it! Thank you o jare, for that honest observation. wink

aisha2:

She should have sued you for braech of promise. It is a civil offence to promise marriage to someone and go back on your word. Nigerian men be careful all of you who promise girls marriage to sleep with them. However her actions are not justifiable, she should have pursued a legal course of action she would have made more money.

Sued 'who?' Where? In Naija? Abeg, make una no make me laugh! This is Naija we are talking about o, not Yankee or Jand. Even land disputes take 'forever' to resolve in our law courts!

You are now advocating that some poor girl, who was used & dumped by a daft guy who thought he could have his cake & eat it (or is it the other way round?) should now head for the law courts. To do what?

In my opinion, the girl is not nuts. She is just hurting. Look at it this way. After sampling her carnal delights, the chap turned round to dump her on a flimsy excuse & took off. And to make matters worse, the chap who dumped her, did not have the integrity or the manners, to do so in an enlightened, respectful, rancour-free way. Neither did he have the grace to apologise for his callous behaviour afterwards & call a truce.
So what was he expecting her to do, next? Kiss his feet in ecstatic delight?

That money she is even asking for, is nothing. He should thank his stars that she didn't just burn his certificates to teach him a lesson. A female friend of mine almost had a nervous breakdown, when a guy did something similar to her. It took months of counselling, before she could recover from the depression.
Re: My Ex-fiancee Has Siezed All My Certificates by afolayangs(m): 1:38pm On May 14, 2007
Why did u give her acess to where your credentials are. That shows you are careless. Pray God will save you from this trouble
Re: My Ex-fiancee Has Siezed All My Certificates by kike001(f): 1:40pm On May 14, 2007
get the COPS
Re: My Ex-fiancee Has Siezed All My Certificates by dreamnaira(m): 4:13pm On May 14, 2007
remember dat dis is beyond wat sm may look at it 2 be. Now ur talking abt certificate gud, bt if care is nt taking dis  kind case may take smones live. hv it at d back of ur mind dat u hvn't done well by disappointing d girl. She is right in anytin, she maybe right becos we re humans. Mny guys dat hv dis kind case never live 2 tell d story. Thank God urs is just certificate which by God grace u wll get it back. Bt if u resolve 2 use force on her, well, i'm sorry u may loose wat is greater dan certificate if dat girl decides 2 harm u. She can go 2 any length. d case is just fresh, pls go nd settle wth her nd her only. D way u use in approaching at d beginning, apply d sm. if she wll come 2 ur house, invite her, apologies nd ask her 2 4give u. pls accept all d blame if u must win her. let her 2 undersand hw sorry ur re. just settle wth her nd make her feel important. u wll get wat u wnt. use ur brain pls. Best 9of d luck.
Re: My Ex-fiancee Has Siezed All My Certificates by defacto1: 4:34pm On May 14, 2007
wats all this? please call police for your stark ravin mad ex. hehehe ur super ex girlfriend
Re: My Ex-fiancee Has Siezed All My Certificates by chinnys(f): 5:31pm On May 14, 2007
@ Poster
Are you sure that was where she ended it? I mean don't u you think she must have gone to Babalawo (Okija shrine) to lay your case !
This should serve as a big lesson to you and guys out there who believe they have sugar coated tongue to say what they are not sure of. What else do i say if not "Take Heart"
Re: My Ex-fiancee Has Siezed All My Certificates by bodsibobo(m): 5:53pm On May 14, 2007
Na wah o!

I don't even know what to say here.

What kind of love were you playing so much as to allow this girl have access to vital information such as your certificates when (I am sure you know that) you were going to send her packing, eh?  wink Yes now, you cannot say you did not play her along while strategizing this scheme of yours to ditch her. undecided

Someone that exhibits this kind of action can do more oooo!  shocked Did she get hold of the certificates before you fashied her or after? Well sha my brother, since you sef your true role get as e be, if I were in your shoes and all I want back is my certificates (and nothing more) I will be very diplomatic about it.

Make sure that in resolving this matter it is a Win-Win situation o. Make sure she is happy as well as you are happy, Do not try to win while she loses o!

From what I read about this girl, what if she releases the ceretificates and swears that nothing better will come out of it (using jazz I mean).  shocked Do you really need that much stress from an ex?

Please call her, negotiate something you can afford with her and settle the matter and just delete the whole issue from your memory.

Cheers and good luck.

N.B. You can ask your pastor to pray for you before you go o!!!! grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

They All Complain Of My Joystick Nd Walkout / Am I A Fool Or What? / Why Does He Try So Hard To Annoy Me?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.