Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,341 members, 7,815,681 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:27 PM

The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online (60974 Views)

Man Renounces Studentship Of ABU Over Murder Of Deborah / Throwback Photo Of ABU Zaria 8 Months Before Its Commissioning In 1962 / Scenic Pictures Of ABU Zaria Dam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by ngwababe(f): 12:11am On Jul 29, 2019
Ajohnnasa
Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by lovchalice(f): 12:27am On Jul 29, 2019
What a disheartening transmission
Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by Nobody: 1:40am On Jul 29, 2019
blujoi:
Tomorrow you’ll see him being nominated as a minister or senator under quota system and we will be expecting progress
Lols
Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by komodapson(m): 2:51am On Jul 29, 2019
Cutealexio:
Use of English does not determine the level of intelligence. If you visit some countries in Europe or Asia you will see a lot of brilliant and intelligent professionals in various fields that speaks and write terribly but that does not mean they're not up to task in their specializations. If you are well travelled you will get used to ignoring grammatical blunders (ignore mine�) I don't know why Nigerians are so addicted to English Language.... It's only in Nigeria that they will doubt the competence of a doctor or an engineer because of his/her use of English. You can study these courses in other languages too... This shouldn't trend at all

I quite agree with you to an extent...but English language happens to be our lingua franca and for the lecturer to rise to the pinnacle of undergraduate coordinator...bro...his flaws cannot be overlooked

1 Like

Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by AJohnnasa(m): 5:51am On Jul 29, 2019
ngwababe:
Ajohnnasa

That disgusting letter has been around for a while.
Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by Cutealexio(m): 5:58am On Jul 29, 2019
You have a valid point
komodapson:

I quite agree with you to an extent...but English language happens to be our lingua franca and for the lecturer to rise to the pinnacle of undergraduate coordinator...bro...his flaws cannot be overlooked
Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by Cutealexio(m): 6:03am On Jul 29, 2019
I agree with you. Even though India has the second highest population of English speakers in the world yet they still didn't dive away from their language. That's why thousands of Nigerians troops to India to seek medical care every year ( We wey sabi English well)
OGHENAOGIE:
my brother e tire me once you can speak queens English e don finish...i teach in public school and student speak marvelously but no sabi anything... this is why I advocate for use of our indigenous languages like India do to teach in schools...even pidgin English should be popularise self...
this is why folks kept shouting PMB no nominate technocrats...
Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by Cutealexio(m): 6:11am On Jul 29, 2019
I'm not disputing that fact but if you look closely you will notice that we Nigerians attach too much importance to Use of English....It's important though but not the determinant of intelligence....Maybe it will come as a surprise to you that a lot of Native English speakers can speak but can't write
SmartyPants:

Sir, English is the National language of Nigeria. If you went through school from primary school to University learning in English and you still don't speak good English then are we to imagine that you understood what you were learning all along?
Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by Obainoneandonly(m): 6:12am On Jul 29, 2019
Daboomb:

Hehehehe.....when a Mallam Medical Doctor wants to do surgery on you and you saw his graduation picture showing he finished from ABU, you just jumped up and ran-off ............shouting "I am healed already" . grin grin grin grin grin grin
i reject it.... No be Me dem go use do experiment

Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by Cutealexio(m): 6:12am On Jul 29, 2019
I second that motion
gnykelly:

You're right but an administrator of a university there must be some standard

1 Like

Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by Cutealexio(m): 6:14am On Jul 29, 2019
God bless you o.....A lot of people don't even know that some of the Native English speakers I.e Americans, British etc can speak but can't write
OGHENAOGIE:
my brother e tire me once you can speak queens English e don finish...i teach in public school and student speak marvelously but no sabi anything... this is why I advocate for use of our indigenous languages like India do to teach in schools...even pidgin English should be popularise self...
this is why folks kept shouting PMB no nominate technocrats...
Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by Cutealexio(m): 6:15am On Jul 29, 2019
Ok Sir
wonder233:
Oh shut up! You make me sick to my stomach with this lame cover up for mediocrity.
Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by Cutealexio(m): 6:16am On Jul 29, 2019
Your write up is giving me headache
madridsta007:

This defence of mediocrity is pathetic. Those countries that don’t speak English well, don’t because English is NOT their national language. I would have thought that this basic fact is known to you.

Don’t be silly in the attempt to defend mediocrity.
Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by Cutealexio(m): 6:23am On Jul 29, 2019
WAEC? I see..lol
Paulo3ree:

And after all the waec reseat candidate read the post they agreed and admirably gave him likes
If you want to argue, seat is available
I am coming please
Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by Cutealexio(m): 6:33am On Jul 29, 2019
Lol....Bros, I snatch your girlfriend? On a serious note
I'm not trying to say he's perfect but what I'm trying to say is that we attach a lot of importance to use of English....Ask South Africans about Zuma
TruthinAction:

Stupid comments endorsed by people like you to excuse your shortcoming. Then he should have written it in a language he is good at and ask someone to translate it to English. This is the reason this country is backward.

The electoral act should stipulate a minimum of Master degree both for governorship, presidential and senatorial positions in future elections.

We are tired of dullards ruling us.
Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by nickxtra(m): 6:37am On Jul 29, 2019
grin
tytachile:
there is surgery and hostility in that letter ohhhh maybe another book haram brewing! Hmmm.
Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by Cutealexio(m): 6:39am On Jul 29, 2019
Bros, expressing my opinion does not mean I'm trying to be smart, all I'm saying is Use of English is not a determinant to level of intelligence.You live is South Africa you should know better. Zuma was one of the best Presidents in the history of SA
eddiebruk:

You are talking about none English speaking countries, this person obviously studied in nigeria and must have been taught with English Language. The Said University he’s occupying a position at learns in English Language. So your attempt to be smart is actually proving otherwise.
Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by Cutealexio(m): 6:42am On Jul 29, 2019
Sorry Sir
nnokwa042:
you ikpu angry Nigeria's official language is English,China's official language is mandarin ,Germans official language is deutch, Finland's official language is Finnish so don't bring that your stupid arguement here ,so if his invited to lecture in Canada or America he will write this nonsense and tell them English is not his mother's tongue,you can as well ask Nigeria government to change pilot training to Hausa language,every bad thing your type will support
Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by Cutealexio(m): 6:44am On Jul 29, 2019
Lol....No be small thing o
jrusky:

Bro if only they can understand and reason with you. Be sure some of them will atrack you for what you've said.

Just watch them....................
Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by ngwababe(f): 7:27am On Jul 29, 2019
AJohnnasa:

That disgusting letter has been around for a while.

Disgusting you say? My concern is, the letter oruru ihe esiri dee ya?if yes, then, we Igbos still have a very long way to go. It's high time we started considering skills, ability and not just intelligence or certificate before helping one with a job.
Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by gcof(m): 7:30am On Jul 29, 2019
Cutealexio:
Use of English does not determine the level of intelligence. If you visit some countries in Europe or Asia you will see a lot of brilliant and intelligent professionals in various fields that speaks and write terribly but that does not mean they're not up to task in their specializations. If you are well travelled you will get used to ignoring grammatical blunders (ignore mine�) I don't know why Nigerians are so addicted to English Language.... It's only in Nigeria that they will doubt the competence of a doctor or an engineer because of his/her use of English. You can study these courses in other languages too... This shouldn't trend at all
i agree with you though I have some reservations. lets look at this way sir, In a Country like Nigeria, English is a subject taught almost throughout all the levels of education. If one cannot atleast write a letter in a simple correct English that he/she learnt throughout his/her different stages of education, that says a lot about whatever degree acquired
Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by Newmans: 7:39am On Jul 29, 2019
God help us deliver our country from too much of Toronto certificate been paraded all over this country NIGERIA.
Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by oyatz(m): 7:40am On Jul 29, 2019
As a medical doctor who has colleagues, Post-graduate supervisors and examiners from ABU, I can say without doubt that this is

FAKE!

1 Like

Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by arma: 7:42am On Jul 29, 2019
nickxtra:
The attached, is a letter written by a senior staff of School Post Graduate studies (Diploma), Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, that has been trending in the social media.

The letter, dated and signed by one Mohammed D. Nasir, the course coordinator, in favour of a youth Corp's member, infact has a lot to tell the world that something is really wrong with our education system.

A course coordinator in the "almighty" Ahmadu Bello University, appending his signature to a badly written letter, without reading or really read it, yet despatched same as having been rightly written?

Please, read this letter and let's hear your opinion on same.
IT IS A FAKE LETTER!!!THE NMA KATSINA IS CURRENTLY TRAILING THE GUY THAT HAS BEEN PARADING HIMSELF AS A DOCTOR.
Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by oyatz(m): 7:48am On Jul 29, 2019
Not correct sir.

There are 3 Countries; Canada, USA and Mexico.

franchasng:
There is only two countries in North America, and they are USA and Canada!!
Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by encryptjay(m): 7:49am On Jul 29, 2019
Look how tribal bigots stormed the thread not knowing ABU has students and lecturers from their zones. 50 as cut-off mark? Silly dimwitted souls.
Some of you that have proclivity in sorting your lecturers can't survive ABU.
Can you guys speak English more than Sir Ahmadu Bello?
Even the recent Enactus competition, where were your bush schools when ABU students performed well if not for the bias judges.

1 Like

Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by oyatz(m): 7:54am On Jul 29, 2019
You are very wrong sir.

I have worked in the North before and I have seen very brilliant Northern Professionals.

Northern Medical undergraduates regularly win prizes in NIMSA competitions, their Professionals like Prof Sheu Umaru and Prof Sabitu are shining lights in West African College of Physicians (WACP).

Obainoneandonly:
the good ones there can only be compared with the regular ones here....if they are good, they are good by their own standards because their educational standard can't be compared with ours in all ramifications ,and they tend to hide it from us....... You hardly see them schooling here or even sending dem down here for NYSC......they only go for government jobs because they know they can't contend with a southerner in the private sector........dats d bitter truth bro
Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by archat: 7:58am On Jul 29, 2019
outrightbig fuckn blunder.

what a fuckn pitty
Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by Nobody: 8:02am On Jul 29, 2019
Cutealexio:
Bros, expressing my opinion does not mean I'm trying to be smart, all I'm saying is Use of English is not a determinant to level of intelligence.You live is South Africa you should know better. Zuma was one of the best Presidents in the history of SA

As I have said earlier, if you are referring to a person who schooled in a non English speaking country or who’s first and second language is not English it is different. This person does not prove that, as a matter of fact you will agree with me that every Nigerian second language is English as widely adopted from our primary schools up until Universities. What has this person been learning with to get to such an exalted position?
Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by madridsta007(m): 10:52am On Jul 29, 2019
Cutealexio:
Your write up is giving me headache

I’m not the one to blame for your poor grasp of the English Language.

Your Primary and Secondary school teachers are.
Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by stanvesco(m): 1:22pm On Jul 29, 2019
Menzy86:
don't bother man. As an ABU graduate, I wont join issues with these mushroom University graduates here. The fakeness of that letter stinks. As I said, don't bother!

Silence is golden in most cases , but sometimes u speak out in order to change the narrative. I always tell people that it isn't about the school oh,it's the STUDENT that matters.....
Anyway I get your point bro

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How To Secure A Scholarship Admission To Canadian Universities / Why I Dropped Out Of Medical School At 500L, Ended Up As Cart Pusher –benue Man / Rivers State University SUG President, Miracle Anele And His Personal Bodyguards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.