Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,031 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online (60980 Views)

Man Renounces Studentship Of ABU Over Murder Of Deborah / Throwback Photo Of ABU Zaria 8 Months Before Its Commissioning In 1962 / Scenic Pictures Of ABU Zaria Dam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by madridsta007(m): 7:47pm On Jul 28, 2019
suleiman162:
This is a fake letter headed paper

And the signatures are fake, the date is fake, the names are fake, the paper ink is fake, the paper itself is fake, etc etc etc.

Yeye Fellow
Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by wonder233: 7:50pm On Jul 28, 2019
Oh shut up! You make me sick to my stomach with this lame cover up for mediocrity.
Cutealexio:
Use of English does not determine the level of intelligence. If you visit some countries in Europe or Asia you will see a lot of brilliant and intelligent professionals in various fields that speaks and write terribly but that does not mean they're not up to task in their specializations. If you are well travelled you will get used to ignoring grammatical blunders (ignore mine�) I don't know why Nigerians are so addicted to English Language.... It's only in Nigeria that they will doubt the competence of a doctor or an engineer because of his/her use of English. You can study these courses in other languages too... This shouldn't trend at all

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by NwaliE01: 7:53pm On Jul 28, 2019
God Airpus oh

1 Like

Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by Khan2013(m): 7:53pm On Jul 28, 2019
Obainoneandonly:
It's a northern thing.....what do you expect from a university that the cutoff mark is 50......even a shoe shine gets admitted.......they are in d same level as our secondary schools down south here
GET OUT OF YOUR HUT IDIOT!

2 Likes

Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by frankman365(m): 7:58pm On Jul 28, 2019
stanvesco:
A wise man once said "a man who doesn't read is in no way different from a man who cannot read"!.
As a firebrand product of ABU Zaria ,I am pushed to defend my school; even though I know this is a joke.
Let me point out some obvious facts;
1) School name ; Ahmadu Bello not ahmedu bello
2) The teaching hospital affiliated to the school is located at Shika and not skika.
3) Alot of dents to point out to any intelligent folk who wants to debate with me
Lastly the writer is either a joker or he or she is suffering from schizophrenia and manifesting one of the symptoms of schizophrenia; tangentiality and word salad......
ABu Zaria may have rested a little on it oars, but let me say this loudly in a quiet tone; We still Great!.

Even the signature is not real/original. It was scanned!

1 Like

Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by Obainoneandonly(m): 7:58pm On Jul 28, 2019
Khan2013:

Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by joyfullyjoyous(f): 7:59pm On Jul 28, 2019
What a shame!
Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by Obainoneandonly(m): 8:00pm On Jul 28, 2019
Khan2013:

Your father IDIOT
Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by tete7000(m): 8:01pm On Jul 28, 2019
Cutealexio:
Like using there instead of their like you just did....(My friend keep kwayet is not a reasonable way to counter another person's opinion)

Typographical error is not the same as senseless and meaningless grammar
Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by LLobiorah: 8:03pm On Jul 28, 2019
kuuljay:
One joker probably a product of ebonyi state polytechnic who has never travelled outside abakaliki said ABU cut off mark is 50,lol those who went to proper higher education will know that letter is a pure joke,even a university business centre typist will never type such errors and present to you as it is... Pure mischievous joke for fools to have fun

He's wrong for ascribing such a demeaning cut off mark, to the great ABU. But we all know that the north educational system, would never be compared to the south.

Besides this might not be a typo, but who knows sha.
Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by elhafeez(m): 8:06pm On Jul 28, 2019
Any one who believes the authenticity of this letter is a fool. It's Ahmadu Bello University, Teaching Hospital Shika not Ahmedu Bello university teaching Hospital Skika. May God punish the poster and the person who wrote this letter trying to tarnish the image of our great institution.

2 Likes

Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by Elizadath: 8:08pm On Jul 28, 2019
Their students full here for nairaland.
They are very good at judging!
The instruction that produces the best judges Nigeria ever had.
Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by Khan2013(m): 8:09pm On Jul 28, 2019
LLobiorah:

He's wrong for ascribing such a demeaning cut off mark, to the great ABU. But we all know that the north educational system, would never be compared to the south.

Besides this might not be a typo, but who knows sha.

why do you think north educational system, would never be compared to the south. ?
Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by LLobiorah: 8:11pm On Jul 28, 2019
Khan2013:

why do you think north educational system, would never be compared to the south. ?

Lolz
You can actually Google it sir.
Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by gidjah(m): 8:18pm On Jul 28, 2019
ICHABOD!! THE GLORY HAS DEPARTED!.
Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by eddieo(m): 8:19pm On Jul 28, 2019
I agree with you. The letter is a huge joke and i doubt if it emanated from Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria or any of its centres/units. The letterhead speaks volume of a a fabrication just to ridicule the school.
stanvesco:
A wise man once said "a man who doesn't read is in no way different from a man who cannot read"!.
As a firebrand product of ABU Zaria ,I am pushed to defend my school; even though I know this is a joke.
2) The teaching hospital affiliated to the school is located at Shika and not skika.
3) Alot of dents to point out to any intelligent folk who wants to debate with me
Lastly the writer is either a joker or he or she is suffering from schizophrenia and manifesting one of the symptoms of schizophrenia; tangentiality and word salad......
ABu Zaria may have rested a little on it oars, but let me say this loudly in a quiet tone; We still Great!.
Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by Pacesetter123(m): 8:21pm On Jul 28, 2019
[quote author=onpoint69 post=80716555][/quote]He is talking about countries,not continent.There is no contry by name North America or South America.
Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jul 28, 2019
ijoba22:
bro to be honest am from south west, but I school in abu Zaria, the mentality that the north are not good in term of education, bro it's a capital nonsense and not reasonable, well I can't blame you because you lack exposures. Hausa belief school is not for everybody and some take up minor job to makeup for living, if you see the good one am very sure you can't withstand him in education competition both in oral and written

Smh, this one just had to disgrace himself.

1 Like

Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by Kerfuffle: 8:22pm On Jul 28, 2019
Obainoneandonly:
the good ones there can only be compared with the regular ones here....if they are good, they are good by their own standards because their educational standard can't be compared with ours in all ramifications ,and they tend to hide it from us....... You hardly see them schooling here or even sending dem down here for NYSC......they only go for government jobs because they know they can't contend with a southerner in the private sector........dats d bitter truth bro

Blah blah blah. Usual nonsense from a falsehood monger who thinks Nigeria is still in 1945. Travel round the North, and you'll meet loads of peeps who'll give you a run for all you worth— Academically etc.

This is definitely not to excuse the occurrence.

2 Likes

Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by 1990Curious1: 8:23pm On Jul 28, 2019
nams77:

You just hit the nail on its head. They are mostly like this up there. This people are bent on dragging this country to the ground. Smh

A lot of them are in federal parastatals down south. My Nephew(a corp member) told me of his boss that can only sign signature. He can't read nor write very well. All he does is to append signature and yet, he is the boss of his department in WRPC ( Warri refining and petrochemical company).
Lord lugard abi na lord lizard needs to be flogged furiously for this grave mistake!
Lalasticlala come and see something

No, it's Azikiwe who with all his education and skills formed alliance with fulani to become ceremonial toothless dog that needs to be flogged.

Funny how the brothers from the east conveniently forget that foundation monumental disaster that allows the north to play the south like football.
Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by highbee02: 8:23pm On Jul 28, 2019
stanvesco:
Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by Khan2013(m): 8:24pm On Jul 28, 2019
LLobiorah:

Lolz
You can actually Google it sir.
wow so you can just write what you want, if anyone ask, you tell him to go google.?
Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by OGHENAOGIE(m): 8:25pm On Jul 28, 2019
Cutealexio:
Use of English does not determine the level of intelligence. If you visit some countries in Europe or Asia you will see a lot of brilliant and intelligent professionals in various fields that speaks and write terribly but that does not mean they're not up to task in their specializations. If you are well travelled you will get used to ignoring grammatical blunders (ignore mine�) I don't know why Nigerians are so addicted to English Language.... It's only in Nigeria that they will doubt the competence of a doctor or an engineer because of his/her use of English. You can study these courses in other languages too... This shouldn't trend at all
my brother e tire me once you can speak queens English e don finish...i teach in public school and student speak marvelously but no sabi anything... this is why I advocate for use of our indigenous languages like India do to teach in schools...even pidgin English should be popularise self...
this is why folks kept shouting PMB no nominate technocrats...

2 Likes

Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by Pacesetter123(m): 8:26pm On Jul 28, 2019
grin
emezuo17:
. You are not normal just like the person who wrote the letter, if you can't communicate with our common lingua Franca, how do you write exams and pass, if the person is so good with french he should have written with it, our language of study in Nigeria is English, if an undergraduate or a graduate can't communicate with it how can he/she write exams and pass, no wonder we now have some body who had credit in only hausa and Arabic as our cjn, we all saw how he technically transited from the cjn to being a pilot in a minute.
Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by gnykelly(m): 8:27pm On Jul 28, 2019
Cutealexio:

You're right but an administrator of a university there must be some standard
Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by LLobiorah: 8:27pm On Jul 28, 2019
Khan2013:
wow so you can just write what you want, if anyone ask, you tell him to go google.?

Ok.
Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by OGHENAOGIE(m): 8:30pm On Jul 28, 2019
ijoba22:
bro to be honest am from south west, but I school in abu Zaria, the mentality that the north are not good in term of education, bro it's a capital nonsense and not reasonable, well I can't blame you because you lack exposures. Hausa belief school is not for everybody and some take up minor job to makeup for living, if you see the good one am very sure you can't withstand him in education competition both in oral and written
leave some of these our southern brothers who make fallacy of hasty generalization... I served in anambra taught in a school where in ss3 out of 16 only one person pass mock exams in govt...some students in jss 1 couldn't read or write well...most of the students were always pushed to the next Class...so why do folks denigrate the north...prof iya abubakar became a maths prof at 28

1 Like

Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by OGHENAOGIE(m): 8:31pm On Jul 28, 2019
ijoba22:
leave some of these our southern brothers who make fallacy of hasty generalization... I served in anambra taught in a school where in ss3 out of 16 only one person pass mock exams in govt...some students in jss 1 couldn't read or write well...most of the students were always pushed to the next Class...so why do folks denigrate the north...prof iya abubakar became a maths prof at 28 at Abu

1 Like

Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by Obainoneandonly(m): 8:31pm On Jul 28, 2019
Kerfuffle:

Blah blah blah. Usual nonsense from a falsehood monger who thinks Nigeria is still in 1945. Travel round the North, and you'll meet loads of peeps who'll give you a run for all you worth— Academically etc.

This is definitely not to excuse the occurrence.
blah blah blah...if your peeps are academically sound as you claim, why is it then that all of the them depend solely on government jobs...... If not for that, they will be begging for alms just like their almajiri brodas down south here
Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by Pacesetter123(m): 8:34pm On Jul 28, 2019
Spatta:
The senior so-called staff of ABU who wrote this letter should be arrested and stripped of the honour of working in a university and prosecuted in a competent court for impersonation, His degree must be investigated, His teachers arrested and prosecuted, he should be banned from representing Nigeria in any capacity and subjected to a national ridicule
Owowooh! Only him? Pls take it lite-lite with him. grin grin
Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by OGHENAOGIE(m): 8:35pm On Jul 28, 2019
bionixs:
Oga, you are right but if our standard here is English, let us keep it English until we all agree to make it WAZOBIA. It is a shame sir
there are more languages than wazobia take note
Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by kollins3(m): 8:35pm On Jul 28, 2019
nickxtra:
The attached, is a letter written by a senior staff of School Post Graduate studies (Diploma), Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, that has been trending in the social media.

The letter, dated and signed by one Mohammed D. Nasir, the course coordinator, in favour of a youth Corp's member, infact has a lot to tell the world that something is really wrong with our education system.

A course coordinator in the "almighty" Ahmadu Bello University, appending his signature to a badly written letter, without reading or really read it, yet despatched same as having been rightly written?

Please, read this letter and let's hear your opinion on same.

FAKE!

The letter doesn't look real. This is computer age , anybody could produce paper bearing the logo of any organisation of interest.
Or can anyone show me ABU STAMP on the letter.?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why I Dropped Out Of Medical School At 500L, Ended Up As Cart Pusher –benue Man / Rivers State University SUG President, Miracle Anele And His Personal Bodyguards / University Of Calabar Lecturer Carries His Student's Baby During Exam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.