Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:16 AM

The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online (60985 Views)

Man Renounces Studentship Of ABU Over Murder Of Deborah / Throwback Photo Of ABU Zaria 8 Months Before Its Commissioning In 1962 / Scenic Pictures Of ABU Zaria Dam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by gentleibraheem(m): 7:06pm On Jul 28, 2019
this is obviously scripted. i do not expect anybody to believe this
Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by calculator123(m): 7:07pm On Jul 28, 2019
anonymous1759:

I'll never bash anyone for bad English. I've a friend born and brought up in New York she can't write good English but speaks very well. Sometimes your environment matters forget what he Learnt in cradle if his environment doesn't compliment what he learnt in school it'll affect him that's for sure. Kids who grow up in Ghettos find it difficult to speak good English. English is practice makes perfect. If you communicate with it on a daily basis you'll get used to it.

My point is that speaking bad English never makes you less intelligent it's vice versa. We should focus more on creativity, good decision making than just speaking. Some people might be empty but speaks fluently.

Only an English language teachers are expected to be 100% in English but other related courses is not much of an issues as long you can communicate. Not like support it but my emphasis is that we shouldn't focus too much on just speaking.
Hmm, person wey go learn go learn. His blunder is not excusable.
Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by prinsam30: 7:07pm On Jul 28, 2019
stanvesco:
A wise man once said "a man who doesn't read is in no way different from a man who cannot read"!.
As a firebrand product of ABU Zaria ,I am pushed to defend my school; even though I know this is a joke.
Let me point out some obvious facts;
1) School name ; Ahmadu Bello not ahmedu bello
2) The teaching hospital affiliated to the school is located at Shika and not skika.
3) Alot of dents to point out to any intelligent folk who wants to debate with me
Lastly the writer is either a joker or he or she is suffering from schizophrenia and manifesting one of the symptoms of schizophrenia; tangentiality and word salad......
ABu Zaria may have rested a little on it oars, but let me say this loudly in a quiet tone; We still Great!.

I'm with u on this, I graduated from that school and I have a house in Samaru precisely, this is a doctored letter jor
Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by olayinkajnr(m): 7:08pm On Jul 28, 2019
Cmanforall:

Maybe the typist or whosoever that's in charge of letterhead papers can be responsible for the errors you noted.

Actually, no typist from the school was responsible for it.

The letter is also not from the school. This has been trashed by the school since 2017.

The school also doesn't have a Postgraduate diploma in primary health care.

It is 100% fake.

1 Like

Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jul 28, 2019
Cutealexio:
Use of English does not determine the level of intelligence. If you visit some countries in Europe or Asia you will see a lot of brilliant and intelligent professionals in various fields that speaks and write terribly but that does not mean they're not up to task in their specializations. If you are well travelled you will get used to ignoring grammatical blunders (ignore mine�) I don't know why Nigerians are so addicted to English Language.... It's only in Nigeria that they will doubt the competence of a doctor or an engineer because of his/her use of English. You can study these courses in other languages too... This shouldn't trend at all

You are talking about none English speaking countries, this person obviously studied in nigeria and must have been taught with English Language. The Said University he’s occupying a position at learns in English Language. So your attempt to be smart is actually proving otherwise.
Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by stanvesco(m): 7:10pm On Jul 28, 2019
Cmanforall:

Maybe the typist or whosoever that's in charge of letterhead papers can be responsible for the errors you noted.

This isn't related to my school abegggggg
Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by ostarlink: 7:12pm On Jul 28, 2019
There is no way this kind of letter can come from the said person. I am not surprised that this kind of post is coming at a time that students are seeking admissions into higher institutions. ABU, ZARIA has a record in maintaining high academic standard. The north doesn't joke with the school. I refuse to believe in this lie. Everything is not about playing ethnic cards. ABU, Zaria cannot be compared with most schools in the south in terms of academic excellence.

4 Likes

Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by anonymous1759(m): 7:12pm On Jul 28, 2019
calculator123:

Hmm, person wey go learn go learn. His blunder is not excusable.

Bros these things we call blunder are prescribe by some people. I bet you if professors from Oxford comes today and tell you what this man said is correct and made corrections in the dictionary you'll still accept it. Inferiority complex is our biggest problem and will continue to be. Colonization failed us big time we didn't develop in our own way that's why.

2 Likes

Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by omaigala12(m): 7:13pm On Jul 28, 2019
Obainoneandonly:
It's a northern thing.....what do you expect from a university that the cutoff mark is 50......even a shoe shine gets admitted.......they are in d same level as our secondary schools down south here
Did u just say their cut off mark is 50
Baba please do ur research well.

Back to the matter ABU just like most universities in Nigeria actually enjoys some bit of past glory YES, BUT I can confidently tell u that the school still remain one of the best in the country and still produces thousands of sound graduates, Their records speak for them, just this past month ABU represented Nigeria in a competition in China and came third, the last Enactus competition they came first in Nigeria and represented Nigeria in the US.

You just don't conclude the school is dull because of the mistake of one the products of d school. Its not just in the north it happens everywhere, go to the east and west where you see some students buy their way through everything and believe me some of his kind that can not actually compose themselves in writing they are actually intelligent and very good in class and practical works. I met many of them in school, And linking schools in the north to secondary schools in the south SMH you obviously don't know what you are saying . it wl even sound less insulting if it came from someone from the one of the top schools in the west

2 Likes

Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by erai30(m): 7:15pm On Jul 28, 2019
Before you read this letter get your helmet on. grin

Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by TemiATM(m): 7:16pm On Jul 28, 2019
English is just but a language, not a criteria to measure intelligence. Until we understand this, we are going nowhere.
Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by Akpacha(m): 7:16pm On Jul 28, 2019
Cutealexio:
Use of English does not determine the level of intelligence. If you visit some countries in Europe or Asia you will see a lot of brilliant and intelligent professionals in various fields that speaks and write terribly but that does not mean they're not up to task in their specializations. If you are well travelled you will get used to ignoring grammatical blunders (ignore mine�) I don't know why Nigerians are so addicted to English Language.... It's only in Nigeria that they will doubt the competence of a doctor or an engineer because of his/her use of English. You can study these courses in other languages too... This shouldn't trend at all
Oga! This is so much and so obvious!
Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by Cmanforall: 7:20pm On Jul 28, 2019
olayinkajnr:

Actually, no typist from the school was responsible for it.

The letter is also not from the school. This has been trashed by the school since 2017.

The school also doesn't have a Postgraduate diploma in primary health care.

It is 100% fake.
Okay. Good you clarified it
Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by netmillionaires(m): 7:24pm On Jul 28, 2019
TheFacelessMan:
shocked

I can write 10 stories out of this letter only!

Haba!
Abe write quick o. I can help with the cartoon illustration part of the project.
We can even launch the project here on nairaland.
Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by deeolu(m): 7:28pm On Jul 28, 2019
The letter is obviously a fake. If you look closely at the letter head you will notice some typos. 'Ahmedu' , 'Skika' etc. It's a faux.
Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by General0847: 7:29pm On Jul 28, 2019
nams77:

You just hit the nail on its head. They are mostly like this up there. This people are bent on dragging this country to the ground. Smh

A lot of them are in federal parastatals down south. My Nephew(a corp member) told me of his boss that can only sign signature. He can't read nor write very well. All he does is to append signature and yet, he is the boss of his department in WRPC ( Warri refining and petrochemical company).
Lord lugard abi na lord lizard needs to be flogged furiously for this grave mistake!
Lalasticlala come and see something

We have them many from the West too.
Meet many like that from my NYSC days that couldn't write/spell or speak proper English.
Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by micflo28(m): 7:32pm On Jul 28, 2019
Its not just ABU zaria, its everywhere. It has festered across the country's educational system. Why won't it be so, when lecturers are now more interested in bribe, sleeping with female undergraduates, politics and business. Projects, research work and textbooks from the lecturers are copy and paste from abroad. If it so with us, i wonder the fate of graduates from Hudegbe University, Cotonou grin grin. Our lecturers are really losing form. Then in my undergraduate days, my lecturers used to give us his PhD assignments as our assignments probably to copy, paste and submit. Imagine such laziness.
Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by ikhalyfah(m): 7:32pm On Jul 28, 2019
Cutealexio:
Ogaa, this one is toooo much naaaa
E for get a writer then, since the letter is meant to be very official
Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by TruthinAction: 7:35pm On Jul 28, 2019
Cutealexio:

Stupid comments endorsed by people like you to excuse your shortcoming. Then he should have written it in a language he is good at and ask someone to translate it to English. This is the reason this country is backward.

The electoral act should stipulate a minimum of Master degree both for governorship, presidential and senatorial positions in future elections.

We are tired of dullards ruling us.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by madridsta007(m): 7:36pm On Jul 28, 2019
nickxtra:
The attached, is a letter written by a senior staff of School Post Graduate studies (Diploma), Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, that has been trending in the social media.

The letter, dated and signed by one Mohammed D. Nasir, the course coordinator, in favour of a youth Corp's member, infact has a lot to tell the world that something is really wrong with our education system.

A course coordinator in the "almighty" Ahmadu Bello University, appending his signature to a badly written letter, without reading or really read it, yet despatched same as having been rightly written?

Please, read this letter and let's hear your opinion on same.

These guys should deploy Hausa or Fulani as their official speaking and writing language.

What is this please?
Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by madridsta007(m): 7:37pm On Jul 28, 2019
blujoi:
Tomorrow you’ll see him being nominated as a minister or senator under quota system and we will be expecting progress

And be told to take a bow.
Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by madridsta007(m): 7:39pm On Jul 28, 2019
Obainoneandonly:
It's a northern thing.....what do pyou expect from a university that the cutoff mark is 50......even a shoe shine gets admitted.......they are in d same level as our secondary schools down south here

They are not at the same level with Secondary Schools in the South, please.

They are in a lower, lower level. Interestingly, they will campaign with the South for Presidency and certain Southerners will go out to defend this aberration. Let’s not pretend as if it’s not happening with Buhari and his Southern defenders.
Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by Decolonel(m): 7:39pm On Jul 28, 2019
stanvesco:
A wise man once said "a man who doesn't read is in no way different from a man who cannot read"!.
As a firebrand product of ABU Zaria ,I am pushed to defend my school; even though I know this is a joke.
Let me point out some obvious facts;
1) School name ; Ahmadu Bello not ahmedu bello
2) The teaching hospital affiliated to the school is located at Shika and not skika.
3) Alot of dents to point out to any intelligent folk who wants to debate with me
Lastly the writer is either a joker or he or she is suffering from schizophrenia and manifesting one of the symptoms of schizophrenia; tangentiality and word salad......
ABu Zaria may have rested a little on it oars, but let me say this loudly in a quiet tone; We still Great!.

You must be medically inclined. I must commend your confidence.

2 Likes

Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by Paulo3ree(m): 7:41pm On Jul 28, 2019
Cutealexio:
And after all the waec reseat candidate read the post they agreed and admirably gave him likes
If you want to argue, seat is available
I am coming please

Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by gbagyiza: 7:41pm On Jul 28, 2019
I am not that concern about the writer but about those that gave approval by putting their signatures on the letter. That is the reason we have a hierarchy of officers in an organization, to be able to detect n correct some stupid things before they get to the public.
Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by Omeizadean(m): 7:42pm On Jul 28, 2019
Fiirst of all this letter is fake and was meant for some sort of elaborate joke. It was never meant to be taken seriously. Only half educated folks can argue otherwise...the evidence that the writer is plainly being mischievous and not ignorance is visible for those who but know... He is well educated and his choices of some random words where the meaning eternally opposing to the topic of discussion is plain and if u are smart as just a secondary school leaver u will grasp the errors as a reader. So the signing on this letter is ultimately faked too unless our naija sleuths can find the man and made him admit ownership of that John Hancock.
Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by ElsonMorali: 7:42pm On Jul 28, 2019
Cutealexio:

It takes intelligence to master another language aside from your mother tongue so yes, proper use of the English language points to intelligence. How can you string together totally unrelated words in a gibberish sentence and think that the fellow is in any way brilliant?
Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by suleiman162(m): 7:44pm On Jul 28, 2019
This is a fake letter headed paper
Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jul 28, 2019
Cutealexio:
......your words are rational in almost all ramifications, but then how do you explain this grammatical blunder from a senior university employee who is supposed to have attend and attain possibly the apex of education in his/her own field of endeavor and has been working in a country that has the British language as her lingual franca...was she taught in Spanish language during her school days?,just asking though
Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by madridsta007(m): 7:45pm On Jul 28, 2019
Cutealexio:

This defence of mediocrity is pathetic. Those countries that don’t speak English well, don’t because English is NOT their national language. I would have thought that this basic fact is known to you.

Don’t be silly in the attempt to defend mediocrity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by ElsonMorali: 7:46pm On Jul 28, 2019
TemiATM:
English is just but a language, not a criteria to measure intelligence. Until we understand this, we are going nowhere.

Mastering a language aside from your mother tongue requires intelligence.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why I Dropped Out Of Medical School At 500L, Ended Up As Cart Pusher –benue Man / Rivers State University SUG President, Miracle Anele And His Personal Bodyguards / University Of Calabar Lecturer Carries His Student's Baby During Exam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.