Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,524,992 members, 5,778,583 topics. Date: Sunday, 09 August 2020 at 06:41 AM

"Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi - Literature (64) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi (264812 Views)

Matrimony Of Secrets / "The Secrets" - A Story Written By A Nairalander / House Of Secrets : A Story By Angelsss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (69) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by enirock(m): 3:02am On Jul 29
Khriztarl:
Which one is yahoo, yahoo boyfriend again nah?
All those jobless young fine boys riding Lexus and carrying dreadlocks.

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Ann2012(f): 7:23am On Jul 29
I hope Jaiye and Felicia will see Dapo soon.....
Tanya could be the witness Tinu will be needing, we are gradually getting there!!!

Thanks for the update ma'am

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi(f): 9:16am On Jul 29
Felicia sat in the living room, watching the news and waiting for Jaiye. Jaiye had gone to call in a favor from a friend who worked at NCC. His plan was to find out who had registered the SIM with which Dapo had called them. They had tried calling the number back but it no longer existed on the network.
The news airing went on about a baby making factory that was exposed. A session with Adunni, the detective in charge of the case, was ongoing. She gave details about the missing reports filed and how she was able to solve the case.
Her mind went back to their encounter with Adunni. She couldn’t shake the feeling that the voice she heard was Dapo’s. She hoped she was wrong. Half of her wished she was wrong. She didn’t want to believe that Adunni was the one behind her son being missing. She shook her head.
My mind is probably deceiving me.
That had to be it. Adunni was a mother and wouldn’t put another mother through that same torture.
“Madam!” Kasali shouted and she flinched.
“Madam, I don dey call you since.” Kasali informed with his brows creased. “Madam, shey you dey okay?”
Felicia sighed and nodded.
“What happened?”
She muted the television and Kasali stretched out his hand with letters in it. She collected the letters and perused them. Most were dividend cheques, dividends from shares they had purchased for Dapo. She bit her bottom lip.
“Kasali, thank you.” She said as she looked up. Kasali stood, transfixed at the television.
“Ehen!” He shouted and clapped his hands. “I don remember where I see dis woman.” He said pointing at Adunni.
Felicia raised her brow, hoping Kasali didn’t have another lengthy story about one of his mischievous family members brewing. She just wasn’t in the mood to laugh at stories that weren’t funny.
“Kasali-“ She began, wanting to deter him from start a story that could make her snap at him.
“Na she come here the other day wey I tell you say she come ask if anybody dey house.” Kasali said, frowning.
“What?!” Felicia asked, recalling that day. It was the day she had been so restless and she couldn’t shake the feeling to go outside. Adunni had been at their house? But that was before they even met. She remembered feeling that Dapo was in the car driving away.
“I know no say na police she be.” Kasali said.
If Adunni had indeed been here and left, then her thoughts had been right. It was Dapo’s voice she heard the other day. Adunni had her son.
She jumped out of her seat and ran up the stairs, ignoring Kasali inquiry as to whether she was okay. She ran into her room and stripped out of her gown. She flung open her wardrobe and pulled out the first tee-shirt and jeans she could lay her hands on.
Pulling them on as fast as she could, she slipped her feet into a pair of sneakers. She rushed to grab her phone from where it was supposed to be charging. She had forgotten to turn on the socket. She groaned as she saw her battery was low. She dialed Jaiye’s number to tell him to meet her at Adunni’s place.
She called him twice but he didn’t pick. She left him a text as she walked to her father’s room to let him know she was leaving the house and to keep an eye on the twins. She ran downstairs and picked out the keys to Jaiye’s Audi. He loved the car for its speed. She called it a waste of money. Today, she was grateful Jaiye had splurged on the car.
As she got out, she shouted to Kasali to open the gates. With the heat in her voice, he didn’t need to be told twice. She jogged to the car and got in. She sped out of the compound, intent on getting her son back.

Jaiye paced the length of the room as his friend, Dozie, worked on pulling out the information he needed. The required file had been deleted from the network's database and he needed to access it through with his own special ID. Dozie had been reluctant but had later yielded when Jaiye had reminded of a huge loan he had borrowed and never returned.
“Here it is,” Dozie said and Jaiye ran to meet him at the desk. Hovering over him, his eyes scanned the page as Dozie read out, “The number was registered by an Amaka Sunday. Address is in Lagos. Sorry, she’s not the one.” Dozie said.
Jaiye groaned and said, “Isn’t there a picture or something?”
Dozie nodded and scrolled down the page.
There it was. Adunni's passport. Her expressionless dark face against the white background.
“She’s the one.” Jaiye said in relief and anger. All this while,she had had their son and pretended to help them find him. His anger grew as he imagined what sort of torture she put his son through. Dapo’s cries resonated in his head and he clenched the headrest of Dozie's chair.
“What are you going to do now?” Dozie asked and turned to look at Jaiye.
“I’m getting my son back.”
He thanked Dozie for his help and brought out his phone. He found three missed calls from Felicia and a text. He opened the text before redialing her number.
'Jaiye, Adunni has Dapo. I’m on my way to her house. Meet me there.’His heart pounded as he thought of Felicia confronting Adunni. The woman was a trained police officer and an angsty and furious Felicia would act without thinking.
Only God knew how crazy Adunni was. She could hurt Felicia without thinking.
He dialed her number and she picked immediately.
“Hello, Felicia. Where are you?”
“I texted you. I’m almost at Adunni’s place and –“
“Felicia, pull the car over and wait for me.”
“What?!” She shouted.
“Felicia, park and wait for me. I don’t want you alone with Adunni. I don’t want you alone with her.” He said as he walked towards the elevator.
“Jaiye, I can’t. I can’t sit by anymore while my son is out there suffering. I can’t.”
Jaiye sighed. “Felicia, please. Just listen to reason. Think about Ayanfe and Eyinju. Please.”
“Jaiye, no!” She insisted.
“Felicia!” He shouted in frustration and the line went dead.
“Hello?” He called and looked at the screen. The call had ended.
He dialed her line but it was switched off. He groaned in frustration.
Why was she so stubborn?
He tapped the elevator button furiously.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi(f): 9:17am On Jul 29
enirock:

cheesy that's quite stereotypical.
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Josipov: 9:49am On Jul 29
Felicia sef
I don't want to judge her because I don't know what it's like to be a mother.
But will all mothers react the way she is doing presently?

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by oghenekome51(f): 10:22am On Jul 29
Thanks for the update despite the odds! Just came out from ghost mood.....don't blame me too much millieademi!
Well so far, I feel so much for Tinu and Chris's plight, worse of all is when u have that gnawing feeling that ur son is around( Felicia).
Quietly following the story and I can't wait to see how things turn out with all the characters!

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Khriztarl(f): 11:11am On Jul 29
enirock:

so any fine boy, with dreadlock, on lexus is yahoo yahoo?? SMH, Ur definition no enter o.

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by oyinella(f): 11:40am On Jul 29
its action time!
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by GodShowmemercy(f): 12:03pm On Jul 29
GoodLuck Felicia

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by blesskewe(f): 3:17pm On Jul 29
Op
U are the bomb

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Ann2612(f): 4:14pm On Jul 29
Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Ann2012(f): 7:29pm On Jul 29
Felicia should wait for Jaiye, Adunni isn't someone only here can tackle.

Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by enirock(m): 9:36pm On Jul 29
millieademi:

cheesy that's quite stereotypical.
Was it the being young or the dreads?
I never wanted to sound like a stereotype.
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by enirock(m): 9:38pm On Jul 29
Khriztarl:

so any fine boy, with dreadlock, on lexus is yahoo yahoo?? SMH, Ur definition no enter o.

Any 'jobless' and can't say the source of his/her wealth. Jobless being the key word.
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by skubido(m): 10:10pm On Jul 29
Flat ba3 tinz.. Chai

Thanks for the update
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi(f): 10:12pm On Jul 29
Felicia tapped her steering wheel in rhythmless beats as she glanced out the window, hoping to see Jaiye’s car passing by. She had thought about his directive and it seemed like a good idea. They had a better chance of overpowering Adunni together. Glimpsing at her watch, she groaned and tightened her grip on the steering wheel.
It had been forty-five minutes since she got off the phone with Jaiye. What was taking him so long? She sucked her teeth and reached for her phone which had died while she was talking to Jaiye. She crushed the power button so hard but the phone didn’t come on. Hissing, she threw it back into the passenger seat.
“Jaiye, where are you?”
Everything maternal in her screamed to launch out of that car and go protect her son. Its screams drowned out the voice of reason in her head and her hand itched to open the door and get to Dapo. Her eyes watered and thought of seeing Dapo again. A smile turned on her face. After close to two months, she’d be with her son again.
“Don’t be so sure that!” A voice in her head said.
“God forbid,” Felicia said to dispel the doubt wrapping itself around her. “Nothing bad will happen.”
Felicia looked out the tinted window by her side and saw Adunni driving out of the street.
God, thank you.
God had taken Adunni out of the house for us.
She watched through her side view mirror till Adunni’s old Jeep drove out of the street. Felicia's belly bubbled in excitement. God had decided to favour them.
“Jaiye, where are you, na!” She shouted in her car.
Her eyes flitted over her watch again. She couldn’t believe Jaiye had her waiting like this. She wasn’t going to miss this divinely appointed window of opportunity. If she tarried Adunni might return before Jaiye came.
She got out of her car and locked it. She jogged to Adunni's house. She sighed in frustration. Adunni would have locked the gate. She kicked the pedestrian entrance with her foot out of exasperation and the gate gave in.
She chuckled in amazement.
“Jesus, you are amazing!”
Her pastor used to talk about set time. When it was the set time for something, things would allign themselves to favour its occurrence. If she had waited longer or gone in earlier, this would not have happened.
She looked over her shoulders to make sure no one was watching. Seeing noone on the street she entered the compound and shut the gate behind her. She walked in the direction she heard the cries that evening.
She walked to the backyard and found nothing. Her heart sank to her feet. She had been expecting to see her son tied up at the backyard but found nothing.
“Mummy!” Dapo’s voice shouted and she turned to find the source. She gasped as she saw her son locked up in a cage for a generator.
“Dapo!” She cried and sank to her knees in front of the cage. How dare that witch lock her son up like an animal?
“Mummy!” Dapo’s pained cry drew tears out of her eyes. She thrust her hand through the space in the bars to touch him, to make sure he was not a figment of her imagination.
Her hands rubbed over his grimy face and hands. She could feel her son’s bones. That witch had starved him.
“Dapo, my love!” She cried and cupped his face.
Dapo sobbed and said, “Mummy, please get me out of here. I’m scared.”
She sniffled. “I’ll get you out of here. I promise.”
Her heart raced and blood rushed in her ears. She wiped her nose and found the padlock keeping her son away from her. What did she ever do to Adunni? She had never met her before. Why would she want to steal her son? And as if that wasn’t enough, she caged him up like a beast.
She ran her hand through her hair in frustration. Her fingers stumbled over bobby pins. She couldn’t find her hair tie this morning and had held her hair up with two bobby pins She pulled them out and her hair fell.
She hoped she still possessed the skill she had acquired when Jaiye used to lock her up. She jammed a pin into the lock and tried twisting open. Her palms grew sweaty as Dapo urged her to be faster.
She heard the cocking of a gun and Dapo’s whimper and the pin slipped out of her hand.
“Step away from that padlock or I’ll blow your brains out.” Adunni called put in the hardest voice Felicia had ever heard from a woman.
She stood slowly and turned to face Adunni. Her figure covering the front of the cage. Dapo grasped onto her thigh.
“Mummy, don’t leave me.” Dapo whined.
“Never!” Felicia promised.
Adunni gestured with her gun. “Step away from the cage.”
Felicia shook her head as her heart roared in anger and trepidation. She had trusted this woman and she had had her son all this while. Adunni’s hand tightened over the gun aimed at her heart. If Adunni were to fire, she’d be dead in seconds.
“Felicia, step away from the cage!” Adunni shouted. Felicia flinched at the blare of Adunni’s voice.
She shook her head and Dapo’s hand tightened on her thigh. She had to be strong, for her herself and her son. She had betrayed him once. She wouldn’t let him believe his mother was a coward incapable of protecting him.
“Felicia, I’m going to count to three. Get out of my compound.” Adunni said.
“Not without my son!” Felicia answered.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by enirock(m): 10:36pm On Jul 29
Jaiye better arrive before count two ooo. Hmmm, too bad Felicia didn't listen. I guess it was not Adunni that drove out rather the man that was pacifying her.
Thanks Millie

It seems your phone is back

2 Likes

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi(f): 8:08am On Jul 30
“Felicia, I’m going to count to three. Get out of my compound.” Adunni said.
“Not without my son!” Felicia answered.
“Felicia, I’m giving you a chance to live. Leave now.” Adunni gritted.
“Not without my son!” Felicia insisted and stood her ground. Dapo’s hands bit into her thigh as he clutched her in fear. The pain was infinitesimal compared to the agony she suffered living without her son.
“He is not your son! He is mine. He is my Ola!” Adunni shouted in rage so unadulterated it could melt everything around it with its heat. Felicia felt the heat and intensity of Adunni’s irateness .
A lesser woman would have cowered but Felicia, being the anguished mother she was, stood her ground and stared Adunni eyeball to eyeball.
Is she insane? How dare her try to take my son for herself?
“Adunni, I don’t know if your screws need a little bit of tightening but you’re wrong. This is Dapo, my son. The one I carried and birthed. Ola is dead.”Felicia declared.
And Adunni screamed. An eardrum ripping scream pierced through Felicia’s ears.
“Ola is not dead. He is there.” She said, pointing at the cage. “I’m going to keep him safe and protect him.”
Felicia’s irritation grew. “You can’t exchange your dead son for my living one.”
Adunni drew closer to Felicia and Dapo’s vice-like hold tightened harder.
“Mummy, please.”
Felicia knew Dapo didn’t want her to push Adunni into firing her gun.
“Stop calling her mummy!” Adunni shouted. “I’m your mummy. Not her!” Adunni turned to shout at Dapo. She glared harder as Dapo squeezed Felicia.
She turned to Felicia and said,
“You won’t take my son away from me. He is in there and he will be safe. No one will kidnap him. And if you want to take him away from me, I will kill you.”
Margaux helped Daniel back to the bed after he eased himself in the restroom. Things between them had quiet and cold. Daniel kept mute, all day. Margaux wished he would say something, tell her how much he hated her for cheating, or if he had forgiven her.
He rested his head against the pillow and closed his eyes.
“I’m sorry.” She whispered, breaking the silence between them.
His lids flew up.
She wiped her face with the back of her hand.
“Daniel, I’m sorry. Please just say something.” She pleaded with her head bent.
He shook his head and said, “I want a divorce, Margaux.”
Her head shot up.
“W-What?!” She croaked in horror. She couldn’t believe she’d hurt him so much that he could contemplate walking out on their marriage.
“Margaux, I haven’t been happy for the past year and half. I can’t keep living like this. I beg you. Just let me go.” He pleaded with tears in his eyes.
She shook her head and grabbed his hand. “Daniel, I regret and I’m sorry. I really am. I will spend the rest of my life making it up to you. Please don’t leave me.”
She couldn’t afford to lose her husband. Not after all they’ve been through. There was no other man for her. She sobbed as she realized she had thrown her pearls to the pigs with the singular mistake she made. All for a man she wasn’t sure she knew.
He pulled at his hand. “Margaux, please.” He gritted as though touching her was the worst punishment imaginable.
Her voice cracked as she whined, “I’m willing to go through counseling and I’ll quit my job and anything you want. Just don’t leave.”
He shook his head. “Margaux, the only thing I want is a divorce. I’ll give you all conjugal property. Even full custody of Genevieve. I only want my freedom.”
She snapped at his words. It was only one mistake. They didn’t even have sex. Why did he want to rain down the capital punishment of a divorce.
“Why? I said I’m sorry.”
“Why are you sorry?” He shouted back in frustration. “I’m not punishing you or anything. I just need this divorce for my sanity. I’ll go mad if I stay married to you. Every time I look at you, I see the greatest mistake of my life.”
“What?!” She squeaked. So what if she made out with Rasheed, it wasn’t like he was a saint in the marriage. He had humiliated her, beat her, insulted her. Yesterday, here she was begging him not to leave her, sounding like a desperate woman.
She dried her tears and clenched her teeth.
“You want to leave? Fine! Go! But once we sign the divorce papers, you forget about Genevieve. Forget you ever had a daughter.” She said and left the room.
Her anger fizzled out as quickly as it had bloomed. She crashing to the floor in front of their room and sobbed. She covered her mouth with her hands. She wouldn’t give him the satisfaction of knowing just how devastated she was and just how much she didn’t want him to leave.

Felicia's heart beat the world record for the fastest tempo ever. She swallowed saliva. She hadn’t thought this through at all. If Adunni killed her, she’d have her son.
Jaiye knows where you are. A voice reminded her.
Why didn’t she listen to Jaiye?
God, if this is the end, keep my children safe. Give Jaiye the strength to carry on without me and the wisdom to raise our children in the way of the Lord.
“Adunni, stop!”
Adunni turned to face Jaiye and Ayo. Felicia sighed as her eyes met her husband's. The fear in his was evident and she couldn’t help but feel guilty.
She tried to work out an alternative in her head, where she had waited for Jaiye. She shook her head. She had a window of opportunity and she took it. If she had waited for Jaiye, Adunni would have come back anyway and getting into the compound would have been more difficult.
“Ayo, what do you want?” She snarled at him and pointed her gun at him. He raised his hands up to show he had no evil intentions.
“Nothing. I just want you to let the woman go.” Ayo said slowly and walked two slow, calculated steps to her.
“No!” Adunni shouted. “She wants to take my Ola away from me.”
Her features softened as she turned to look at Dapo in the cage. She sobbed, “He even loves her. He hasn’t forgiven me for not getting to him in time.”
This woman is crazy. Felicia decided.
Her son is dead. She had said so herself. Why is she now laying claim to my own son?
Felicia's thoughts vanished as Adunni turned to face her with the gun.
“Once I take her out, Ola will love me again.” Adunni said grinning.
“Adunni, don’t!” Jaiye shouted.
“Adunni, please. Don’t kill her. That boy is not Ola.” Ayo said, shaking his head slowly. Felicia nodded in affirmation. As if her opinion mattered to Adunni.
Adunni turned to look at Ayo with her forehead creased in confusion. “Ayo, Ola is right there!” She pointed at the cage.
“He is right there. Our son is back.” She smiled and moved closer to him. “We can be a family again. The three of us. We can forget about Fathia and Dayo and Tolu. I’ll forgive you and we’ll be complete again.”
Ayo moved closer to her. He nodded. “Okay. You’re right that is our Ola.”
Adunni grinned. “You see!”
“They have the same nose, your father’s nose.” He chuckled lightly. “How did I not notice before?”
“I knew you’d come to realize it.” She said and dropped her hand holding the gun.
Ayo frowned and said, “Adunni, why is our son in a cage?”
Adunni glared at Jaiye and Felicia and raised her hand holding the gun and pointed it at Felicia. “These two people want to steal him away from us. They brainwashed him to thinking they are his parents. And I won’t let them steal my son away.”
Ayo nodded. “That’s good, Adunni. I can trust you to protect our son.”
She smiled and relaxed her hand again. “Really?”
Ayo nodded. He moved closer to her and whispered in her ear. “Where is the key?”
“I wearing it around my neck.”

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi(f): 8:09am On Jul 30
enirock:
Jaiye better arrive before count two ooo. Hmmm, too bad Felicia didn't listen. I guess it was not Adunni that drove out rather the man that was pacifying her.
Thanks Millie

It seems your phone is back

Got a new battery. Courtesy EAhumble.
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by oyinella(f): 8:46am On Jul 30
Adunni has gone loco

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Andrew13: 10:54am On Jul 30
Nice one

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Khriztarl(f): 11:30am On Jul 30
enirock:

Any 'jobless' and can't say the source of his/her wealth. Jobless being the key word.
owh, i see.

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by GodShowmemercy(f): 3:02pm On Jul 30
Ayo is really smart

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi(f): 6:31pm On Jul 30
“Okay, why don’t you give me the key? I’ll escort this people out of here and bring our son upstairs.” Ayo whispered.
“But-“ She started, scared.
Ayo shook his head and stretched his hand out. “Trust me.”
“Okay.” She took off the key and handed it to him. He rewarded her with a kiss on the cheek. “Go upstairs and Ola and I will meet you there.” He promised.
“If they try anything funny, call me.” She said, glaring at Felicia and Jaiye.
Ayo grinned at her and said, “Of course.”
“I’ll be waiting.” She announced and walked away.
Felicia gasped in relief as Adunni walked away.
“Thank you, Jesus.” She exhaled and Dapo’s hand released her lap. She bent to face him.
“I love you, honey.”
“I love you too, Mummy.”
“Can you save the pleasantries for when we are not still in Adunni’s compound?” Ayo grunted, glaring at Felicia. “Please, excuse me.”
Ayo pushed Felicia out of the way and unlocked the padlock. He bolted open the cage and Dapo tumbled out. Unable to stand properly, Felicia caught him just before he fell. She cradled his head in her chest and hugged him.
“Mummy, I missed you!” Dapo cried, hanging onto her neck.
“I missed you too.” Felicia said, rubbing his head. The stench of smoke, fuel and engine oil stung her nostrils but she pulled her son tighter. He felt like a stick in her arms, bones poked at her flesh where they hugged.
“Give him to me.” Jaiye said as he knelt beside her. Pulling away from her son as slowly as she could, she wished she could face Adunni one on one, without her gun and teach her a lesson for torturing her son.
Jaiye pulled Dapo in and hugged him.
“I missed you, Dapo.”
“Me too, Daddy.”
Ayo groaned. “Please, let’s go.” He locked the cage back and placed the key on top of it. Jaiye picked up Dapo and placed him on his back.
Ayo led them around the corner and they walked smack into a fuming Adunni. She swelled in anger and shouted at Ayo.
“You traitor!”
Felicia sought and grasped Jaiye’s shirt. He pushed her behind him and away from the barrel of Adunni pistol.
He dropped Dapo, who reached for Felicia in support.
“You betrayed me! You’re helping them take Ola away so you can go back to Fathia!” Adunni accused and pointed her gun at Ayo.
“You’re disgusting.” She spat with venom.
“Give me my son!” She yelled at Jaiye, who had Felicia and Dapo hiding behind him.
“Adunni, calm down and let’s talk about this.” Ayo pleaded.
“No! You’re a traitor!” She shouted, shaking her head.
Ayo took a step forward.
“Don’t come closer.”
Ayo halted midstep and raised his hands up.
“Fine. But Adunni, I never betrayed you.”

Ayo knew he had to keep her talking. Silence would evoke action and he didn’t want her to make a mistake. Dapo’s kidnapping could be excused but murder? She’d get the full force of the law. Higher-ups who couldn’t stand her would capitalize on it to punish her for every right thing she ever did.
Adunni wasn’t a bad person. She was just traumatized. And maybe, he had added to her sufferings by having an affair. It was his fault. He had blamed her continually for Ola's death, not minding that she too had lost a son. When the first symptoms of her psychosis began, he divorced her faster than she could imagine.
He didn’t wait to honor his marital vows – for better for worse. He’d jumped ship and that had put them in this situation.
“You left me. You got another woman pregnant and you left me!” Adunni shouted with tears rolling down her eyes.
He left her when she needed him the most. He had balked and became hostile to her because he was angry at his cowardice. He had admired her strength and how she pulled herself out of the mire.
That was until Dapo.
“Yes, I did leave and I got Fathia pregnant but I didn’t betray you!” He said.
What was he saying? He was just spewing out anything his mouth wanted, just to keep her talking.
Better talk with sense. Else, she might pull the trigger in anger.
“W – what are you saying?!” She asked with her brows stitched together.
He sighed as he rummaged his mind for what to say.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by blesskewe(f): 6:41pm On Jul 30
I day follow u back to back

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Glory4567(f): 9:14pm On Jul 30
Following babe

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Khriztarl(f): 10:26pm On Jul 30
Can felicia and dapo just run away from behind jaiye? Felicia think think. Ayo's trying to distract her do something ejoor.

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Ann2012(f): 4:02am On Jul 31
Ayo should have collected the gun when Adunni was a bit calm....

Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi(f): 8:47am On Jul 31
He left her when she needed him the most. He had balked and became hostile to her because he was angry at his cowardice. He had admired her strength and how she pulled herself out of the mire.
That was until Dapo.
“Yes, I did leave and I got Fathia pregnant but I didn’t betray you!” He said.
What was he saying? He was just spewing out anything his mouth wanted, just to keep her talking.
Better talk with sense. Else, she might pull the trigger in anger.
“W – what are you saying?!” She asked with her brows stitched together.
He sighed as he rummaged his mind for what to say.
“Adunni, I never had plans to sleep with Fathia.” He started and inwardly slapped himself for such a stupid excuse and a blatant lie.
“So what? She seduced you?”
God, please never let Fathia hear about this.
“Yes, she did.”
“I knew that slut would take advantage of our situation,” Adunni said, hyperventilating in anger.
Fathia was the sister of a detective who used to work in Adunni’s unit. After her brother was abruptly transferred, he had pleaded with them to house his sister till she completed her final exams at University of Abuja.
Ayo was the one who went after the girl like a predator. He spoilt her with giftt, she had initially refused. He had had to guilt trip her into collecting them. Once, her defences were lowered,he had seduced her and caused her to fall in love with him.
He had only sought out an affair with the girl but when she’d told him she was pregnant, he decided to divorce Adunni and marry her.
He nodded to her words and cursed the boys he had asked to come in as backup. He had asked them to proceed to Adunni’s house while he and Jaiye had gone to talk to Adunni’s brother, Sanya.
Sanya had explained everything to them. He told them how Adunni had rescued Dapo from two men. She had confided in him how much she felt like keeping him for herself because he looked so much like Ola. She had every intention of helping him find his parents and save them from the torture she went through. Only for the boy to start talking in his sleep of how much his mother didn’t love him and how the Lord would take him up after his parents forsook him.
Adunni felt then that they didn’t deserve him and that she would give him all the love he needed. She took care of him while he was unconscious. When he woke up,he started asking for his parents. She took him to the hospital and they were told that his mother had been discharged.
She couldn’t help but lie to him. Since he already thought his parents didn’t love him, she lied to get a chance to be a real mother to him. Everything was going fine till Dapo fell off the stairs and Adunni saw him in a pool of his blood.
The sight triggered something in her, it made her feel like she was losing Ola a second time and her psychosis returned. Now, everybody could steal Ola from her. When Sanya had tried talking to return him, she asked him to leave her house and never come back.
“Adunni, why don’t you drop the gun.” Ayo said and took a step towards her.
“Don’t come closer!” Adunni barked. “I don’t trust you.”
“Adunni, please just let us go,” Jaiye pleaded.
“Shut up!” She shouted.
Her arm laxed and Ayo took the opportunity to get the gun away from her. Grabbing her hand, he put pressure on her hand to get her to drop it. She resisted him and pushed him with her elbow. His fingers move to pull hers off the trigger. Rather than pull, they pushed and the gun went off.
The gun fell to the ground. Ayo’s hand went to his torso to check if he had been hit. He sighed in relief. He looked at Adunni who stood aghast staring at Jaiye.
Jaiye groaned and fell to his knees.
“Jaiye!” Felicia screamed.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by leosmaria(m): 9:31am On Jul 31
dear Millie,
please what ever you do, Felicia shouldn't die. in fact nobody should die. I use God beg you
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by GodShowmemercy(f): 1:43pm On Jul 31
Too Complicated

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (69) (Reply)

Bukky Alakara / The President's Daughter And I (season 2) By Victvames / *The Players Curse*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2020 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 294
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.