Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,179 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:21 AM

"Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi - Literature (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi (316841 Views)

Love From The Thread. (an Ocean Of Secrets Sponsored Bonus Book.) / Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) / Matrimony Of Secrets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (71) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Ann2012(f): 8:03am On Oct 01, 2019
I'm just loving Chris more and more kiss
Thanks for the update ma'am

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 8:34am On Oct 01, 2019
✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴

Rose Pepple tapped her ballpoint against the desk as she busied her mind with thoughts. She shook her head trying to reject the notion. It couldn’t happen. She couldn’t fall in love with Ose. She prided herself in maintaining strictly professional relationships with her clients. She had worked with a lot of male writers. Some handsome, others wealthy, some were so brilliant they made her swoon in admiration. But what was it about Ose that made her feel more than admiration? The guy is fine, no doubt. He was eloquent and smart, sure. She had seen all that before. It was all stale but why was he constantly in her thoughts? She smiled as she remembered their last meeting. The guy was charming her pants off.

“Hey!”, a voice called and snapped her out of her thoughts. She looked up and saw Mayowa, her boyfriend. A knife of guilt stabbed at her. She was here fantasizing about Ose when she had a boyfriend. One that loved her at that.

“Hey, love.”, she greeted.

“I thought you’d be ready by now. Our date is today.”, the man put in.

“Oh, I’m sorry. I’ll get my things ready.”, she said and started packing her stuff. If she continued dreaming about Ose, she’d ruin her relationship.

✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴

She stood and watched Mayowa go to his seat and disappointment overwhelmed her. Ose always pulled out her seat, even if he had been the one waiting for her. She saw Mayowa sit there clueless.

“Is something wrong?”, he asked in confusion.

“You didn’t pull out my chair.”, she said and he burst out laughing.

“Rose, is this a hang over from your latest book?”, he asked.

“No, it’s a simple demand that I be treated like a lady. Am I below receiving courtesy and chivalry?”, she said sternly.

“Rose, I…”

“Never mind.”, she said as a waiter offered to pull out her chair.

“Rose, what’s going on? You’ve never asked me to pull out your chair before.”, he said trying to contemplate the scene that just happened.

“That’s the problem. I don’t have to ask first.”, she said.

“Ok. Did I say something on the ride here? If I did, I’m sorry.”, Mayowa apologized.

“Mayowa, all I want is simple courtesy. Can we order now?”, she said and signalled the waiters.

Mayowa looked at her and wondered what he might have done wrong. If he did something, she would tell him. She always did. He sighed and hoped what he might have done wasn’t so grievous for her to bottle her anger.

4 Likes

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 8:35am On Oct 01, 2019
skubido:
Lobatan

Kilotan o
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Treasurewamiri(f): 9:19am On Oct 01, 2019
Ghen Ghen! Two Roses are in love with Ose... Rose Pepple, better stop daydreaming and appreciate what you have.
@millieademi, 59 updates today to celebrate Nigeria's independence, abi?

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 9:46am On Oct 01, 2019
Treasurewamiri:
Ghen Ghen! Two Roses are in love with Ose... Rose Pepple, better stop daydreaming and appreciate what you have.
@millieademi, 59 updates today to celebrate Nigeria's independence, abi?

Somebody kill me. Who is celebrating with you? Mama is tired o but I'll make sure to drop something later today.
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 9:48am On Oct 01, 2019
So guys, I've started something new. It's called Divide. Please check it out and let me know what you think. kisskisskisskisskiss
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by BIGGIE121(m): 10:19am On Oct 01, 2019
millieademi:
So guys, I've started something new. It's called Divide. Please check it out and let me know what you think. kisskisskisskisskiss

Bia, finish one story before yoU start another one na . E no go dey easy for you write two stories at once , unless you don already write the latter tory finish before you post am. if na the case be that, you dey free to KA BOOOM

2 Likes

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Counter24(m): 1:20pm On Oct 01, 2019
Mehn.... This is the first time I will be commenting on a post on Nairaland since my visit to this platform years ago (and I still don't believe it is on this post I will be making my first comment).��
I will sincerely confess that you got some flair in both your choice of words and how you create a link-up between all ur characters which has created an indelible mark on whoever set his/her eyes on this work.

Thank you for making me find something worth reading again on Nairaland and I seriously hope you finish this work that you have started!!!

Gracias���

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 1:26pm On Oct 01, 2019
Counter24:
Mehn.... This is the first time I will be commenting on a post on Nairaland since my visit to this platform years ago (and I still don't believe it is on this post I will be making my first comment).��
I will sincerely confess that you got some flair in both your choice of words and how you create a link-up between all ur characters which has created an indelible mark on whoever set his/her eyes on this work.

Thank you for making me find something worth reading again on Nairaland and I seriously hope you finish this work that you have started!!!

Gracias���

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm blushing right now. Thanks for the comment dearie. kisskisskisskisskiss

I'll make sure to finish this. It might not be so soon but I'm definitely going to complete this.

De nada cariño/cariña ( I don't know if you're a guy or girl)

2 Likes

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by skubido(m): 1:34pm On Oct 01, 2019
millieademi:

Kilotan o

Katrina ni ooo
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Ann2012(f): 3:24pm On Oct 01, 2019
Thanks for the update
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 4:25pm On Oct 01, 2019
✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴

The man and woman watched Katrina rant and sob without feeling a shred of emotion. What had brought them together was their mutual hatred for Atinuke Coker. Bringing her down was their sole aim and purpose. Katrina’s losses were simply collateral damage. Now that it was certain Chris felt nothing for her, Katrina served no purpose to them anymore. Heck, they had considered killing Chris junior as well when their hitman kept on ramming into her SUV. Luckily for both of them, God was on their side that night.

“Sorry, there’s nothing we can do for you.”, the woman said with a stiff upper lip.

“You promised to get me back my son and Chris.”, Katrina retorted.

“We never made any such promises. We said we could. Now we can’t. Stop being a sore loser. You’ve got a great body and you don’t look a day above 25. Get as many jobs as you can now. Because there’ll be younger prettier girls.”, the woman advised.

“F***, I just want my son back.”, Katrina sobbed.

“Do we look like lawyers or family court judges to you? The only possible way for you to have gotten your son back was for you to get Chris. If you don’t have Chris senior, you can’t have the other. It’s a package deal. Besides, you didn’t do the job we asked you to do with Tinu’s children.”, the man put in.

“I did.”, Katrina gritted.

“Then why did Chris come to your house? You were supposed to gain their trust first. And the alias you used? How did Chris know it was you?”, the man asked.

“She probably used an old nickname or something. She’s that dumb.”, the woman said.

“F*** you two. I will get my son back with or without your help.”, Katrina said angrily and stormed out.

“We have a problem Gabriel. We have no link into Tinu’s life without Katrina.”, the woman said disgruntled.

“It’s not a problem. We’ll use Tinu to destroy Tinu.”, the man explained and pressed a kiss to the woman’s head.

Chapter 17.

Rose looked at Ose as he moved skillfully around his kitchenette trying to fix her a cup of tea. She was a coffee person but tea was good if it gave her the ample opportunity to watch Ose. The girlfriend in her kept hitting her with a frying pan telling her to stop drooling over a guy when she had a boyfriend. What was it about this guy that made her just want to jump his bones? It wasn’t that time of the month so why was she feeling this way? She crossed her legs tight to soothe the ache down there. The guy hadn’t even kissed her yet. Yet, she drove underneath the storm just to give him some documents that could wait till the following week. She unbuttoned the top two buttons of her shirt to give him a clear view of her breasts.

“Here you go.”, he said as he set a tray in front of her.

“Thank you.”, she said.

“Im really sorry I made you drive all the way down here. I didn’t know I left it in your office.”, Ose apologized.

“It’s nothing. Though when you become a best seller you owe me dinner.”, she said smiling as she poured in sugar into her tea.

“If you say so. Honestly, I think no one would want to read it.”, he said nervously and rubbed his hands on his thighs.

“Of course not. I read it. I’m the most critical person you’ll ever meet. If I found it interesting, honey, your work is a masterpiece.”, she said.

“I hope the temp's comfortable.”, he asked.

“It’s superb.” ,she said and took a sip of the tea.

“Rose, I was wondering if I could change my dedication page. Rather than to my mum, I’d like to dedicate the book to Bibiana.”, he said.

“Ok? Who is she?”, Rose asked on the verge of jealousy.

“The only woman I’ve ever loved.”, he answered dreamily.

“Oh! Um… send me a draft by tomorrow and I’ll send it to the printers.”, she said sullen.

“Thank you.”, he said elated.

7 Likes

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Ann2012(f): 5:01pm On Oct 01, 2019
Rose should keep dreaming
Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by KrazzyAndy(m): 8:13pm On Oct 01, 2019
Thanks for the update b kiss

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Taniaa(f): 12:23pm On Oct 02, 2019
Tag me....
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by daddio(m): 12:24pm On Oct 02, 2019
@ OP, no com do O RI IYAWO KO IYA'LE FOR HIA O, SHEY UNA NO GO FEED US HIA TOO?

NA POPCORN N GROUNDNUT I GO SEND UNA NO BE ICE CREAM AGAIN.

It's a great job sis, just please make it veeeeeeery hot so that we can enjoy it as we've been doing before.

God bless your sense.

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by divinelypruned(f): 12:37pm On Oct 02, 2019
Taniaa:
Tag me....

Why do you always quote he whole post always? I saw your handwork at the other story.
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 12:55pm On Oct 02, 2019
daddio:
@ OP, no com do O RI IYAWO KO IYA'LE FOR HIA O, SHEY UNA NO GO FEED US HIA TOO?

NA POPCORN N GROUNDNUT I GO SEND UNA NO BE ICE CREAM AGAIN.

It's a great job sis, just please make it veeeeeeery hot so that we can enjoy it as we've been doing before.

God bless your sense.

Amen.

Please it's ice cream I want. I'll drop something this night. I have a test so I haven't gotten around to writing much. What I posted on Divide is something I've written since February.

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 5:22pm On Oct 02, 2019
So will she be coming to the book launch? You never mentioned a plus one.”, she pried.

“No, she won’t be there.”, he said casually.

“Why not?”, she asked.

“Id rather not talk about it. “, he put in. “So, this is the end of the road for us.”

“It doesn’t have to be.”, she said suggestively.

“I don’t think I’m writing again if this doesn’t work out.”, he said.

“Ose, do I have to hit you before you get it into your head that your book will be a success?”, she threatened.

“Sorry, I’m faithless. I believe when I see things.”, he explained.

“If you say so.”, she said and picked up her mug. She lost her grip and doused herself with hot tea.

“Oh my God.”, she screamed.

“Sorry.”, he said and ran into the kitchen to get an ice pack and a napkin.

“Please, where is your restroom?”, she shouted on the brink of tears as she gasped for air to relieve the pain she felt.

“Down the hall. Last door on your right.”, he said.

✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴

Tinu hated being in a wheelchair not only because it made her feel handicapped but because of the unnecessary attention Chris doled on her. He had her moved into their room and carried her like her legs were the ones in a cast. She refused and stood against this care but he refused to listen. He was with her constantly as if he didn’t have a big conglomerate to run.

“Chris, please let me be.”, she begged.

“Tinu, you can’t afford to stress your neck .”, he argued.

“I don’t walk with my neck.”, she countered and push him with her right hand.

“You need to move your neck to see where you’re going.”, he said and bent to pick her up.

“Chris! Christopher Oduah put me down this instant.”, she shouted shaking her legs and hitting her back.

“Atinuke Oduah, stop shouting and acting petulant.”, he scolded and carried her out of the room. She sighed resigned.

“Chris, you should go to work and stop babysitting me. It’sbad enough I have a nurse and bodyguards, I don’t know why you want to breathe down my neck. Please let me be.”, she complained.

“Tinu, you’re my wife. It’s my duty to take care of you.”, he answered.

“Chris, if you keep on 'taking care' of me, I’ll run away.”, she said exasperated.

“And I’ll find you wherever you run to.”, he said.
“Chris, please. Go to work. I’ll be fine. I won’t die before you come back.”, she begged.

“Tinu, I’ve told you. I’m with you till your neck is healed.”, he explained.

“Is there something you’re hiding from me?”, she asked. If she didn’t know him well, she’d have missed the look of trepidation that flashed in his eyes.

“Of course not.”, he answered.

“Christopher Oduah, you are hiding something from me. Are we in danger?”, she asked agitated

“Tinu, calm down. It’s nothing.”, he soothed.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 5:23pm On Oct 02, 2019
Please forgive me. I'm tired. I'll drop something later in the week hours of the morning.
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Gvnl(f): 5:32pm On Oct 02, 2019
Sorry about your tiredness.

Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by skubido(m): 7:46pm On Oct 02, 2019
millieademi:
Please forgive me. I'm tired. I'll drop something later in the week hours of the morning.

U try, tanks for the update

take care and have a pleasant night ahead

2 Likes

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by daddio(m): 8:38pm On Oct 02, 2019
millieademi:

Amen.

Please it's ice cream I want. I'll drop something this night. I have a test so I haven't gotten around to writing much. What I posted on Divide is something I've written since February.

Okay.
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 9:05pm On Oct 02, 2019
daddio:

Okay.

Sooooo, the ice cream nko
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by daddio(m): 9:09pm On Oct 02, 2019
millieademi:

Sooooo, the ice cream nko

I nor forget, I go gif una another thing but not today, Buhari don borrow my salary.
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Ann2012(f): 9:13pm On Oct 02, 2019
millieademi:

Sorry dear, care for massage
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Babsopey(m): 9:54pm On Oct 02, 2019
millieademi:

Awwn. Thanks. It's been a while.

Guys, Babsopey is one of the people who convinced to keep on posting. Thanks dear kiss kiss kiss

Don't mind me jàre... I come here like once in couple of days just to read stories update... I'm now more of Twitter person...

BTW, you are good and you can only be better.... Your imagination skill is dope... I throwey salute ���
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by pcicero(m): 11:46am On Oct 03, 2019
Good job. I am following now.
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Emex100(m): 12:22pm On Oct 03, 2019
Ann2012:

Sorry dear, care for massage
I wouldn't mind if that's still up for a grab
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Taniaa(f): 7:10am On Oct 04, 2019
divinelypruned:

Why do you always quote he whole post always? I saw your handwork at the other story.
sorry ma
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by OkadaBooks: 1:47pm On Oct 04, 2019
Hello Millieademi,

Do you have your works published on OkadaBooks?
If no, please consider it. We would love to house your stories.

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 3:24pm On Oct 05, 2019
“Tinu, calm down. It’s nothing.”, he soothed.

“Its not nothing. With Tamara and the accident, I knew something was off. Now the body guards? Chris, I’m not stupid. Is it Katrina?”, she asked.

“Tinu, calm down. It’s nothing. Even if there’s a problem, I can handle it.”, he said as he began to stand up from kneeling on the sofa.

“Chris, please. We’re in this together. Don’t pull the stuff you did with the cancer. Please tell me. It’s not just your job to worry. We’re one flesh. What ails you ails me.”, she put in.

He smiled and wondered if he should tell her about the threat he received. “Tinu, I…”

Just then, Monique and the children came rushing in and out of the room, followed by a heavily pregnant Margaux and Mrs. Oduah.

“Chris, tell mum that I’m pregnant not dying.”, Margaux said as she slowly sat on a sofa.

“Chris, tell your sister that being pregnant requires lots of tender loving care.”, Mrs. Oduah retorted.

“Chris, tell mum that she’s smothering me. I can’t breathe at home without Frank and my mother-in-law offering to breathe for me. When I come home, I don’t friggin want a ventilator.”, Margaux complained.

“Ok. I think Chris is the wrong person to complain to. He’s suffocating me.”, Tinu chipped in.

“You almost died. Your case is different.”, Mrs. Oduah and Margaux said together and Chris gave her an in-your-face look.

“I didn’t almost die. I just had fractures.”, Tinu said defeated.

“Shouldn’t you be resting?”, Margaux asked.

“Look who is talking.”, Chris and Mrs. Oduah said.

“Tinu, they’re ganging up against me.”, Margaux whined.

“If I slap you. Were you not just supporting them? You better leave me alone.”, Tinu retorted. They all burst into laughter.

Chris’s phone chimed and he picked it out of his pocket. His eyebrow rose in curiosity and wonderment at the strange MMS he received. This was his official line. Who would be sending him an MMS? He opened the message and blood drained out his face. He saw himself, Tinu, his mum and Margaux laughing just like they had just been seconds ago. A message followed the short video. “Pick who is more important to you or lose them all.”

Tinu looked at him and saw the look of despair on his face. She instinctively snatched his phone out of his hand. As she did, she accidentally locked the phone.

“Tinu, give me back my phone.”, he shouted and snatched it back while she tried to unlock it. She was shocked he had changed his password.

“What is going on?”, Mrs. Oduah asked.

“Chris, explain.”, Tinu said.

“It's nothing.”, Chris lied.

“I don’t know how lies flow so smoothly out of your mouth to the people you claim to love. I know you’re hiding something. “, she scoffed and said.

“Tinu, stop exaggerating.”, Chris defended.

“Is it another woman?”, Tinu asked.

“Tinu!”, Mrs. Oduah chided.

“How can you think that?”, Chris asked in anger.

“I don’t know what to think. It’s like you’ve been keeping me and the children away from the world. You claim we are not in danger. So, are you hiding another infidelity from us?”, Tinu fired.

“Tinu, calm down.”, Mrs. Oduah pleaded.

“Yes, Tinu. Calm down before you say something you’ll regret later.”, Margaux said.

“Calm down? He’s changed his password. You saw him snatch the phone out of my hand. So, Chris? What gives?”, Tinu said.

“Forget it”, Chris said and made to leave the room.

“Chris, if it is another woman I swear I will kill you. I swear on my life. I will kill you and your mistress.”, Tinu vowed.

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (71) (Reply)

An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) / [story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy / Twine (A Drama Series)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.