Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,826 members, 7,813,730 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:08 PM

I'm Depressed. I Need Help Before I Commit Suicide [PICTURE] - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I'm Depressed. I Need Help Before I Commit Suicide [PICTURE] (20347 Views)

Help! A Man Is Threatening To Release My Nudes, I'm Depressed! / Knives on My Table to Commit Suicide [Picture] / I'm 29 But Look 13, I'm Depressed, The Disrespect Is Too Much! Please Help Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Depressed. I Need Help Before I Commit Suicide [PICTURE] by Nobody: 11:51am On Aug 24, 2019
oceanized25:
grin No be lie, is table of contents necessary or optional?

It's necessary and at the same time optional.
Re: I'm Depressed. I Need Help Before I Commit Suicide [PICTURE] by iLegendd(m): 9:41am On Aug 27, 2019
95k so far. This sucks, but wetin man go do? 1 book with no review and no promo making 95 in 27 days is manageable. The worst month. Anyway, the book had only been live for 1 month and 27 days.

The good news is: it will make money every single day till thy Kingdom comes. The more profitable books you write, the more more money you'll make. (Advice).

Re: I'm Depressed. I Need Help Before I Commit Suicide [PICTURE] by iLegendd(m): 11:06pm On Aug 27, 2019
With deep pains in my heart, the book that made 200k last month only made 100k so far. This is because I reduced the price.

No review, no promo, no nothing. Just making money till the end of the world. This should inspire you to get started. If 1 book could make this money every single month while you sleep, how much will 99 books make for you? Do the math.

1 Like

Re: I'm Depressed. I Need Help Before I Commit Suicide [PICTURE] by TigrisLegend: 3:12am On Aug 28, 2019
iLegendd:
With deep pains in my heart, the book that made 200k last month only made 100k so far. This is because I reduced the price.

No review, no promo, no nothing. Just making money till the end of the world. This should inspire you to get started. If 1 book could make this money every single month while you sleep, how much will 99 books make for you? Do the math.

Lack of wisdom on display. If indeed you reduced the price why not take it back up or better still multiply it by 3.

Keep living on NL and making money till the end of the world when you die another person will take it and you go to heaven empty handed.
Re: I'm Depressed. I Need Help Before I Commit Suicide [PICTURE] by iLegendd(m): 5:17am On Aug 28, 2019
For being awake till now, I decided to check and noticed it's now 111k today. Sadly, it can't be 200k this month, but next month, it will make 300 — 500k.

I'll keep you guys updated on my depression. #Smiles.

Re: I'm Depressed. I Need Help Before I Commit Suicide [PICTURE] by TigrisLegend: 9:23am On Aug 28, 2019
iLegendd:
For being awake till now, I decided to check and noticed it's now 111k today. Sadly, it can't be 200k this month, but next month, it will make 300 — 500k.

Your life is more public than Buhari's lol

What are you thinking today? What will you eat? Have you used the loo?
Re: I'm Depressed. I Need Help Before I Commit Suicide [PICTURE] by oceanized25(m): 1:15pm On Aug 28, 2019
iLegendd:

Legend, i hail o, thanks for your gingering, boys are waking up.
So i uploaded my book today, Fonts,Times new roman,size 14,double spacing, word count above 3.7k, a little shy of 4k, but what i saw on the preview, i dont know if because i was using my phone, i was tired of endless editing and didn't really pay much attention but it seems its about 19pages,in which case shey its not supposed to be submitted as the stipulated minimum number of pages is 24?.....anyway, i am just happy i could do it all n submitted,thanks in no small measure to you.
Kept the orice at 99cents, my next book will definitely be better, this was to test the water and see if i could also publish, turns out the hard part is just the writing grin
Re: I'm Depressed. I Need Help Before I Commit Suicide [PICTURE] by iLegendd(m): 1:37pm On Aug 28, 2019
oceanized25:
Legend, i hail o, thanks for your gingering, boys are waking up.
So i uploaded my book today, Fonts,Times new roman,size 14,double spacing, word count above 3.7k, a little shy of 4k, but what i saw on the preview, i dont know if because i was using my phone, i was tired of endless editing and didn't really pay much attention but it seems its about 19pages,in which case shey its not supposed to be submitted as the stipulated minimum number of pages is 24?.....anyway, i am just happy i could do it all n submitted,thanks in no small measure to you.
Kept the orice at 99cents, my next book will definitely be better, this was to test the water and see if i could also publish, turns out the hard part is just the writing grin

grin grin

I love that. About the eBook turning to 19 pages, it's right. Amazon sets pages of eBooks while you set pages of book. If you upload a 100 page book, Amazon sets the Kindle version to match their page count calculation based on your word count, not page count of your manuscript.

Yes, I know you're confused with what I just said, but don't worry.

All the best as you keep pushing. You'll smile at last.
Re: I'm Depressed. I Need Help Before I Commit Suicide [PICTURE] by oceanized25(m): 3:30pm On Aug 28, 2019
iLegendd:

grin grin

I love that. About the eBook turning to 19 pages, it's right. Amazon sets pages of eBooks while you set pages of book. If you upload a 100 page book, Amazon sets the Kindle version to match their page count calculation based on your word count, not page count of your manuscript.

Thanks boss,But it will still be up there and make sales if someone wants to buy right,as in it wont be pull down?
Re: I'm Depressed. I Need Help Before I Commit Suicide [PICTURE] by Lucasinho(m): 4:34pm On Aug 28, 2019
Re: I'm Depressed. I Need Help Before I Commit Suicide [PICTURE] by iLegendd(m): 5:02pm On Aug 28, 2019
oceanized25:
Thanks boss,But it will still be up there and make sales if someone wants to buy right,as in it wont be pull down?

Yes, it will be up there.

No, it won't be pulled down.
Re: I'm Depressed. I Need Help Before I Commit Suicide [PICTURE] by oceanized25(m): 5:10pm On Aug 28, 2019
iLegendd:

Yes, it will be up there.

No, it won't be pulled down.
Thanks boss on this journey.....lemme begin think of the next book to author, lol,@author grin
Re: I'm Depressed. I Need Help Before I Commit Suicide [PICTURE] by oceanized25(m): 7:02am On Aug 30, 2019
iLegendd:

grin grin

Boss, if i was to make a paperback from that book it wont be on the shrink 19page standard right?

If i wrote another book and decide to enroll the first one on kindle select, free promo,so that it will see more views or readers and exposure to other of my works but the other work carries a different pen name as author will that make sense?

The about the authors page......i have not seen it o, and besides, will everybook be having different about the author page?

Baba clear me, make i make small money for kindle too before this year end abeg grin
Re: I'm Depressed. I Need Help Before I Commit Suicide [PICTURE] by iLegendd(m): 9:47am On Aug 30, 2019
oceanized25:
Boss, if i was to make a paperback from that book it wont be on the shrink 19page standard right?

If i wrote another book and decide to enroll the first one on kindle select, free promo,so that it will see more views or readers and exposure to other of my works but the other work carries a different pen name as author will that make sense?

The about the authors page......i have not seen it o, and besides, will everybook be having different about the author page?

Baba clear me, make i make small money for kindle too before this year end abeg grin

Answer 1: It won't shrink. Only kindle does.

Answer 2: Yes, but books from different pen names are seen as books from different authors. Don't mix them up. James and Jones are different people, so handle them differently.

Answer 3: About the author page, visit www.author central.com and login with your Amazon account to create an author page for any of your pen names.

Answer 4: Yes, every pen name will have it's individual author page on the same Authorcentral account. Luckily, you don't need an author page for all your pen names because it's a pain in the ***. Only have for that pen name you cherish so much and ignore the rest.

On a niche you are only writing one or two books, you don't need an author page or author bio except you want to. It's a choice.
Re: I'm Depressed. I Need Help Before I Commit Suicide [PICTURE] by iLegendd(m): 10:02am On Aug 30, 2019
Second to the last update.

118k made so far from 1 book.

Last last, it may end at 120k or 130k this month.

Re: I'm Depressed. I Need Help Before I Commit Suicide [PICTURE] by Emilycp(m): 10:21am On Aug 30, 2019
chizzypresh:

Haba....if u kill urself,then it means you are not smart nah undecided
person wey wan kill himself no dey announce am nah
Re: I'm Depressed. I Need Help Before I Commit Suicide [PICTURE] by oceanized25(m): 1:25pm On Aug 30, 2019
iLegendd:

Answer 2: Yes, but books from different pen names are seen as books from different authors. Don't mix them up. James and Jones are different people, so handle them differently.

Answer 3: About the author page, visit www.author central.com and login with your Amazon account to create an author page for any of your pen names.

Answer 4: Yes, every pen name will have it's individual author page on the same Authorcentral account. Luckily, you don't need an author page for all your pen names because it's a pain in the ***. Only have for that pen name you cherish so much and ignore the rest.

On a niche you are only writing one or two books, you don't need an author page or author bio except you want to. It's a choice.
Thanks boss for your assistance,I really appreciate it.
Re: I'm Depressed. I Need Help Before I Commit Suicide [PICTURE] by iLegendd(m): 8:51pm On Aug 30, 2019
It has made 121k so far. I'm not impressed and I'm depressed. If you guys don't see my post again or see me on Nairaland starting from 1st of next month, it means I have committed suicide because this book made only 121k.

Why me? I can't take it. cry

Re: I'm Depressed. I Need Help Before I Commit Suicide [PICTURE] by Nobody: 8:56pm On Aug 30, 2019
[
Re: I'm Depressed. I Need Help Before I Commit Suicide [PICTURE] by iLegendd(m): 9:02pm On Aug 30, 2019
adewake12:
28 hours ?? !!! Have hope boss
Hope is gone. I'm here staring at suya, bolé, and vegetable leaf which I'll use to commit the most anticipated suicide in history.
Re: I'm Depressed. I Need Help Before I Commit Suicide [PICTURE] by Nobody: 9:19pm On Aug 30, 2019
[
Re: I'm Depressed. I Need Help Before I Commit Suicide [PICTURE] by iLegendd(m): 10:24pm On Aug 30, 2019
adewake12:

E most expected ... that's narcissism.
Now I'm lost, but let me pretend as if I understand.

1 Like

Re: I'm Depressed. I Need Help Before I Commit Suicide [PICTURE] by Tony142: 7:53am On Aug 31, 2019
iLegendd:
Hope is gone. I'm here staring at suya, bolé, and vegetable leaf which I'll use to commit the most anticipated suicide in history.

Chaii, this kind sucide go sweet oo cheesy

Boss abeg I go like committe sucide too with suya and bole grin
Re: I'm Depressed. I Need Help Before I Commit Suicide [PICTURE] by oceanized25(m): 8:31am On Aug 31, 2019
iLegendd:

Good morning boss,I have read somewhere once that if one doesn't have another book to promote, there is no point enrolling his book on kindle select.....what is your view on this?as I intend to enroll to get downloads n hopefully sales grin

And shey the kindle select is just a 90day period that in those months, your book will be given free downloads for just 5days?
Re: I'm Depressed. I Need Help Before I Commit Suicide [PICTURE] by iLegendd(m): 12:36pm On Aug 31, 2019
oceanized25:
Good morning boss,I have read somewhere once that if one doesn't have another book to promote, there is no point enrolling his book on kindle select.....what is your view on this?as I intend to enroll to get downloads n hopefully sales grin

And shey the kindle select is just a 90day period that in those months, your book will be given free downloads for just 5days?

If you don't want to be on KDP Select, then fine, but publish that book on other platforms via D2D or PD.

If you don't want to publish in other platforms, then put it on KDP Select even if you don't have other books yet.

Yes, it's 90 days.

Yes, you have 5 days inside the 90 days to dash your book out. Sadly, people who get free books hardly read them.
Re: I'm Depressed. I Need Help Before I Commit Suicide [PICTURE] by oceanized25(m): 3:54pm On Aug 31, 2019
iLegendd:

If you don't want to be on KDP Select, then fine, but publish that book on other platforms via D2D or PD.

If you don't want to publish in other platforms, then put it on KDP Select even if you don't have other books yet.

Yes, it's 90 days.

Yes, you have 5 days inside the 90 days to dash your book out. Sadly, people who get free books hardly read them.

Thanks bro, but how do i go about publishing them on the D2D or PD platforms?i searched on my wall on the bookshelf page but could not see such.
This work no easy,but when i look at the figures you post, i get motivated.
I am already around 65% to the completion of my next book.
Re: I'm Depressed. I Need Help Before I Commit Suicide [PICTURE] by iLegendd(m): 4:06pm On Aug 31, 2019
oceanized25:
Thanks bro, but how do i go about publishing them on the D2D or PD platforms?i searched on my wall on the bookshelf page but could not see such.
This work no easy,but when i look at the figures you post, i get motivated.
I am already around 65% to the completion of my next book.

Lol. It's easy — only the initial stage is a little hard.

D2D is Draft 2 Digital while PD is Publish Drive. They are different platforms. You publish with them and what they do is to send your book to different eBook stores around the world like Apple book store, Google, Kobo, etc. Nowadays, I use PD more. Visit their site at https://publishdrive.com

If this one is tasking too, (I know it's not) then stick to KDP select.
Re: I'm Depressed. I Need Help Before I Commit Suicide [PICTURE] by iLegendd(m): 4:09pm On Aug 31, 2019
So far so good, we have made 150k from this single book that made me open this thread. 50k left to make it 200k this month. The experiment will come to an end today and I'll finally commit suicide with bole and suya.

Thank you all for keeping up with the Kardashians.
Re: I'm Depressed. I Need Help Before I Commit Suicide [PICTURE] by oceanized25(m): 4:58pm On Aug 31, 2019
iLegendd:

Lol. It's easy — only the initial stage is a little hard.

D2D is Draft 2 Digital while PD is Publish Drive. They are different platforms. You publish with them and what they do is to send your book to different eBook stores around the world like Apple book store, Google, Kobo, etc. Nowadays, I use PD more. Visit their site at https://publishdrive.com

If this one is tasking too, (I know it's not) then stick to KDP select.
thanks bro, i just tried uploading my book in the d2d site now.....i downloaded the book to see how it looks when people buy and start reading on their phones, i saw that some pages are empty, i had to flip over two pages to where contents are.....i don't know how that happened and i am confused how to go about it.

Modified:it seems it's an epub or mobi file thing before going to another chapter or points buttressed......i downloaded the file on pdf and it wasn't so.
Re: I'm Depressed. I Need Help Before I Commit Suicide [PICTURE] by oceanized25(m): 3:42pm On Sep 01, 2019
iLegendd:
To those starting out, the initial stage is hard if you ignore the fundamentals and become desperate to make money. The reason some people are struggling in this business is because of desperation or ego.

There are two ways to learn this

1. Yourself — through websites and YouTube (the way I learned)
2. Mentorship (by someone who already knows how things work)

If you're in my zone, I'll mentor you for free as long as we meet 1-on-1. Sadly, meeting 1-on-1 is almost impossible for now because of insecurity in the country.

Those who already know me face-to-face always come to my house for free mentorship. See screenshot below of someone coming today. I don't charge. What are friends for?

But teaching through the internet is a daunting task and that's why I charge. Though, virtual mentorship is currently unavailable for now.

For those who will choose option 1, keep moving and don't give up. I have been in your shoes too. One day, you'll arrive as long as you stay humble and learn from those with experience on YouTube and blogs.

Option 1 takes time, but you'll surely get there. Option 2 is the fastest way to success.

Pls, any blogs you can recommend?
Too many YouTubes videos overwhelms one

1 Like

Re: I'm Depressed. I Need Help Before I Commit Suicide [PICTURE] by oceanized25(m): 3:44pm On Sep 01, 2019
iLegendd:
To those starting out, the initial stage is hard if you ignore the fundamentals and become desperate to make money. The reason some people are struggling in this business is because of desperation or ego.

There are two ways to learn this

1. Yourself — through websites and YouTube (the way I learned)
2. Mentorship (by someone who already knows how things work)

If you're in my zone, I'll mentor you for free as long as we meet 1-on-1. Sadly, meeting 1-on-1 is almost impossible for now because of insecurity in the country.

Those who already know me face-to-face always come to my house for free mentorship. See screenshot below of someone coming today. I don't charge. What are friends for?

But teaching through the internet is a daunting task and that's why I charge. Though, virtual mentorship is currently unavailable for now.

For those who will choose option 1, keep moving and don't give up. I have been in your shoes too. One day, you'll arrive as long as you stay humble and learn from those with experience on YouTube and blogs.

Option 1 takes time, but you'll surely get there. Option 2 is the fastest way to success.

pls, any blogs you can recommend?
Too many YouTube videos overwhelms one

1 Like

Re: I'm Depressed. I Need Help Before I Commit Suicide [PICTURE] by Nobody: 1:16am On Sep 02, 2019

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

400 Gays To Be 'Cured' Of Homosexuality In Ghana / Confession / The Tragic Love Story Of A Lawyer And Truck Driver

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.