Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,418 members, 7,815,938 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:37 PM

Undecided - Literature (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Undecided (103901 Views)

*Undecided* (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Undecided by Moura7(m): 9:14am On May 03, 2020
Ven97:
Damn! Why will he do that?
I no even know for the boy sef....we might find out today sha
Re: Undecided by doctorexcel: 11:29am On May 03, 2020
Moura7:
I no even know for the boy sef....we might find out today sha
Anxiously waiting for the update

1 Like

Re: Undecided by BigDebbie: 8:31pm On May 03, 2020
can't wait for more updates
Re: Undecided by Moura7(m): 8:36pm On May 03, 2020
Dibz's POV

"Hold up babe, cmon just give a chance to explain", I begged as I trailed after Liv.

As expected my sudden intention to apologize to Hailey was not welcome amongst my friends especially Liv. I don't know which, whether she was mad at me for wanting to apologize now even after doing time or she was suddenly appalled by the realization that I actually confessed to raping Hailey. Josh had tried really well in handling the whole thing quite maturely but one could still that vague expression of disappointment as he looked at me before he left. Femi was that shaken though, with the way he reacted if I didn't know better I'd have thought that he'd nurtured this underlying hunch that I'd been guilty all this while and so my sudden revelation now just confirmed the hunch he had about me.
Surprisingly, Vic stayed. He stayed to comfort Debbie who was crying. I'd have to talk to her later and see if I can try to calm her fears.
Lastly, the person I expected to jump up with excitement at my revelation, Fola, had just been indifferent to the whole thing. She just looked at me for sometime before she stood and went back to her room. The weird part was that, when she looked at me, it wasn't that familiar look of hate that shone then when I had just got out of jail nor was it the expected smug 'i said it' expression, no, it was something else. Like she was looking into my soul, stripping my whole being naked with her eyes. Well that's her business for now, I need to try and convince Liv that this was best thing for me now to finally find some level of closure.

"I think i need to be alone now", she said softly as she sat on the bed staring into space as tears fell slowly from her eyes.
I sighed as she said that, indeed she needed sometime to process the whole thing. I can't blame her though, I'd feel the same way if someone I had fiercely defended over some alleged crime turns around and chooses to confess to committing the said crime.

"Okay, I.... I'll leave you now. I'll come back to check on you later, I'm really sorry about this", I said softly.

"No... that's not what I mean. I need to be alone as in I need a break from all these....from us. I'd have left now but it's already late so tomorrow I'd be moving back to my apartment. I'm sure the coast would be clear there", she said still not looking at me.
I didn't know when I sank into the chair close to me. I didn't see this one coming. Sure I knew this news wouldn't be received well but then I never thought Liv would be this affected by it, if I knew then maybe wouldn't have made my intentions public.

"Cmon Liv please, you're not thinking straight now. You're just acting rashly now, please let's just think this through please", I begged as I made to touch her but she shifted away.

"Ok, I'm not apologizing anymore. I'm calling the whole thing off", I begged.

She gave out a sad smile and finally looked at me.

'Yh, you could do that but would it change the fact that you just confessed to being guilty? does that make you innocent?", she asked.

"I...I...I don't. ", I stuttered, not sure of what to say anymore.

"I thought so" she said. "You think it's because of the Hailey issue I need a break? well partly tho but it has more to do with the fact that you didn't tell me. You waited to tell everybody together like you don't trust me. Dibz, I stuck by you , I risked my reputation at school even my social status by just being seen publicly with you and yet you dint see the need to trust me with such revelation. All these just shows how much you value me. Then there's the Fola issue", she said.

"Oh, don't even try to deny it. You think i haven't seen the way you still look at her or the way you try to evade our PDA anytime she's around or the fact that her recent withdrawn behavior now has something to do with you?", she countered when she saw I attempted to deny when she mentioned the Fola issue.

"Liv..baby...", I tried to speak but she cut me off immediately.

"Pls Dibz, let's not make this harder on ourselves. Pls just go ok? Let's see what happens after this time apart, maybe there might be hope for us, for me or not but now I just...I just can't stand you so please leave me alone", she said returning to looking at whatever she's seeing in the wall.

I nodded sadly as I left her room and headed straight to the bar, took out a bottle of ciroc and headed to my new favourite drinking spot...the pool.

Barely halfway through the bottle, I was beginning to feel eyes on me and it wasn't the alcohol. I shrugged off the stupid feeling and took another go at the drink and then I felt someone sit beside me near the pool.
I looked dazed as she moved her legs in the pool making splashing sounds.

"Care to share?", she asked as she turned my way. I didn't reply her and continued looking at her trying to figure out her angle.
Maybe she took my silence as a 'yes' and gently took the bottle from my hand and took a quite the gulp from it. Honestly, i thought she was going to choke with the amount we gulped at one goal but she just appeared unaffected at all.

'Just who is this girl and what does she want now', I thought as I watched Fola take another go at the bottle.

"I know what you're doing", she said, giving me back the bottle. I stared at her confused at what she was getting at.

"Duh...I'm drinking myself to stupor, big deal", I replied sarcastically. She chuckled a little at my response.

"I'm not talking about your new hobby of getting drunk which is pretty stupid by the way", she making a face as she said that last part.

"I'm talking about your fake apology to Hailey", she said looking at me. JESUS! this girl is a witch.....TBC

7 Likes

Re: Undecided by AiteeAitee: 9:08pm On May 03, 2020
Guy abeg abeg just dey dish am as e dey hot. Don't use suspense to kill my enemy biko.

Thanks for your dedication though.
Re: Undecided by AiteeAitee: 9:08pm On May 03, 2020
For some reason I am happy Liv is leaving. I nor like the girl.
Re: Undecided by Ven97: 10:37pm On May 03, 2020
I thought Fola strongly believed He raped Hailey. Why is she changing her stand?
Re: Undecided by Faithfulmartins(m): 7:15am On May 04, 2020
Anticipating for the next update
Re: Undecided by Lakesc: 3:55pm On May 04, 2020
Mhmm, fola will not even suffer small... See what will happen next. More inspiration op
Re: Undecided by Moura7(m): 6:27pm On May 04, 2020
Ven97:
I thought Fola strongly believed He raped Hailey. Why is she changing her stand?

Dibz's near death encounter with the plane crash had somehow opened her eyes to how irrational her actions were and triggered feelings she thought she had forgotten
Re: Undecided by Moura7(m): 6:28pm On May 04, 2020
Lakesc:
Mhmm, fola will not even suffer small... See what will happen next. More inspiration op
which kind of suffering do you want her to get na?
Re: Undecided by BigDebbie: 12:42pm On May 05, 2020
Pheww, Finally Liv is Leaving Thanks Moura.More pls
Re: Undecided by AiteeAitee: 1:33pm On May 05, 2020
Moura7 how far na? Jollof never done? Our plate don ready oh.
Re: Undecided by Lakesc: 2:36pm On May 05, 2020
Moura7:

which kind of suffering do you want her to get na?
She shouldn't hav easily gotten Dibz luv in gold platter handed over to her like that, anyway d say first luv is hard to forget...
Re: Undecided by Lakesc: 2:44pm On May 05, 2020
Ven97:
She is just doing what the grandma told her to do by not been judgemental and just waiting to see how thing will unfold..
Re: Undecided by Lakesc: 2:55pm On May 05, 2020
AiteeAitee:
For some reason I am happy Liv is leaving. I nor like the girl.
Why na? Liv stood by him, luv him and defended DIBZ while, Fola just ditched him without waiting for any explaination or heard his side of the story. The girl is just an opportunist...
Re: Undecided by Lakesc: 2:59pm On May 05, 2020
Moura7:

Dibz's near death encounter with the plane crash had somehow opened her eyes to how irrational her actions were and triggered feelings she thought she had forgotten
Mhmmmm
Re: Undecided by AiteeAitee: 3:22pm On May 05, 2020
Lakesc:
Why na? Liv stood by him, luv him and defended DIBZ while, Fola just ditched him without waiting for any explaination or heard his side of the story. The girl is just an opportunist...
To me Liv is not sensitive. I mean, doesn't she know that Dibz doesn't really love her that much? We can't force our hearts to love out of gratitude like Dibz is doing.
Re: Undecided by Lakesc: 6:04pm On May 05, 2020
AiteeAitee:

To me Liv is not sensitive. I mean, doesn't she know that Dibz doesn't really love her that much? We can't force our hearts to love out of gratitude like Dibz is doing.
Mhmm, it true although heartbreaking for Liv. I just love her sense of loyalty and her ability to follow her heart...

1 Like

Re: Undecided by Blueelf: 6:31pm On May 05, 2020
You were doing quite fair until he admitted to been guilty for a crime he didn't commit.

Very poor piece of writing
Re: Undecided by Moura7(m): 6:56pm On May 05, 2020
Now this more like it.... critical analysis from all angles. Now I get to know your views on how the story is going and draw ideas.....new updates tomorrow, atleast two
Re: Undecided by cassidypat(m): 10:32pm On May 05, 2020
Well his admission came as a shock to me ......if he get back with fola he would certainly be sending a strong message to liv.
....moura7 let see where this is headed!!!
Re: Undecided by Ven97: 1:11am On May 06, 2020
Blueelf:
You were doing quite fair until he admitted to been guilty for a crime he didn't commit.

Very poor piece of writing

Chill, He definitely has his reasons for spinning the story. Let's wait and see

1 Like

Re: Undecided by pweetymhi(f): 3:57pm On May 06, 2020
I believe this story taking another turn has something great to bring out. Dibz is trying so hard to gather the evidence especially that from the laptop so he has to do whatever it takes to make that happen even if it entails confessing to do what he didn't. I just hope this turn around is for the best.

1 Like

Re: Undecided by parismarc: 6:44pm On May 07, 2020
Beautiful story, abeg OP, come and update, can't wait wink wink
Re: Undecided by Lakesc: 7:58pm On May 07, 2020
Eagarly anticipating Op....
Re: Undecided by Moura7(m): 7:58pm On May 07, 2020
Dibz's POV

"Fake apology?. Mehn I'm the one who's been drinking and just one drink by you and you're already tipsy", I said chuckling.

She smiled at my words as she bent to sweep her fingers through the water and then turned towards me.
"You can spin it all you want but I know you know what I'm talking about. There's no way you'd just wake up and choose to apologize after all this time suddenly, there's another angle to this which you're not saying", she said.

"Ok let's say hypothetically, there's an agenda behind this whole confession thing, what do you think it is?", I asked finally giving up on trying to convince this girl who doesn't want to listen.

"Uhmm..... I don't know....maybe you want something...like....maybe you want a favour from her..or her family... I don't know, I just know there's something you're not telling us",she stuttered suddenly feeling unsure of herself.
I smirked at her lame answer. "Really?......I need a favour from Hailey or her family?....look no disrespect to her or her dad but I don't think they have anything to offer me. I have so much money that I can hire all the SANs in Nigeria if I needed a lawyer as that's aspect that I might be needing anything from them. That being said, I'm going to bed now and I'd suggest you do same too , clearly the alcohol has messed up your senses", I said as I got up to go.
Fola looked as I walked off, not saying anything but I knew she wouldn't just let this slide. She'd be back with this wild assumption of hers another time, maybe not now but surely another time.

I woke up late the next day, pretty late like past two in the afternoon kinda late. The house was quiet which signified that everyone was out or mostly everyone was out. The usual headache started as i rose from the bed to wash my face, but today's own wasn't as severe, maybe because I slept well.
I got to the living room downstairs to meet Fola reading a book. She looked up when she noticed my presence and smiled mischievously at me.

"Finally sleeping beauty is awake", she said as she closed her book.
"Funny how you mocked me for not being able to hold my liquor and yet you're the one who's just getting up now at last two, wow just wow", she continued to mock as her grin grew wider.

I ignored her as I left to go make myself some coffee in the kitchen. I finished making it and came back to the living room.

"Where's everyone?", I asked as I sipped the coffee, relishing the sweet sweet taste of it.

"Debbie went out early this morning, all the maids went grocery shopping and Olivia...", she answered but not finishing the last part.
I became concerned all of a sudden, why the sudden pause when she wanted to talk about Liv, just I began having some flashes of my last conversation with her yesterday, how she said she wanted space and all that.

"What happened with Liv?", I asked concerned.
Fola looked down for a moment before facing me.

"Well, Liv.... Liv's gone", she answered. " She left this morning with her bags, all of them. I tried to ask what happened but she ignored and the only thing she said to me was to tell you not call or come looking for her...atleast not now", she said as I just sank into the cushion I was sitting on. Our whole convo yesterday came back to me clearly now. God what have I done...... TBC

4 Likes

Re: Undecided by Moura7(m): 7:58pm On May 07, 2020
typing.....
Re: Undecided by IZUKWU(m): 9:23pm On May 07, 2020
Waiting
Re: Undecided by Ultimategeneral: 9:48pm On May 07, 2020
welcome back boss..though your inconsistence to the update is some else. #forget my english#
Re: Undecided by Herbiedeen(m): 10:12pm On May 07, 2020
short
Re: Undecided by Moura7(m): 10:12pm On May 07, 2020
Contd

"Aaarggghhh!!!", I screamed as I threw my phone at the wall. That was the one hundred and fiftieth time I had tried Liv's number since Fola told me she had left. I caused this , I caused this, if only I was more reasonable this wouldn't have happened. I had lost Liv and worst part was that she wasn't giving me any chance at all to remedy it, she's not picking my calls and she said not to come looking for her. How does she just expect me to just sit and wait it out.
All that girl has done is just love me and stand by me but what did I do? I messed it up as usual and now she's gone but I know deep down in my
heart that the main reason I was this beat down and mad at myself is because of the fact that I'm abit glad she asked for this space. I should be broken and sad but strangely I feel this sense of relief and that kills me. I shouldn't be relieved that Liv asked for space, that she asked me not to call, I shouldn't at all but I do feel free , like some part of my burden has been lifted off my shoulders. No she isn't a burden and she can never be , Lord knows I'd die for Liv but being with her when I fully knew I wasn't in love with her was just wrong and I feel bad I for leading her on. Honestly, I felt I was doing the right thing then, it was the least I could do after all she's done for me but I realized it wasn't, infact I was causing even more harm to her and myself than good and it was too late to turn back.
A knock on the door of my bedroom brought me back from the abyss of my thoughts.

"Can I can come in?", Fola asked as she poked her head in with her eyes closed.
I rolled my eyes at that as I turned to face her. What does she want now?

"Why are your eyes closed?", I asked as I folded my arms. I wasn't wearing a shirt, just a pair of joggers.

"Because I don't wanna be scarred for life", she scoffed , her eyes now opened as she stepped in, looking around my room.

"There was a time you'd have killed to see me naked",I muttered under my breath as I scoffed at her reply.

"What was that?", she asked, clearly she heard me.

"Nothing...now why are you here?", I asked sharply.

She looked around instead, taking in the whole interior of my room and nodding oddly.

"I like what you've done with the room", she said choosing to ignore my earlier question.
I raised my brow at her unwanted reply and as she saw it, she heaved a sigh.

"Ok, im curious....what happened with you and Liv, why did she just leave like that?", she asked.

"She's your cousin, why don't you ask her yourself", I countered. I'm so not having this convo right now. She rolled her eyes at my statement and sat down on a chair.

"Of course I did, duh", she replied sarcastically. "But she didn't even talk to me and she had this strange look in her eyes as she looked at me", she continued.

"Look I know it's none of my business and all but i really care about my cousin and......you too...", she said the last part slowly before looking up to meet my eyes shyly.

"....but you guys should try and fix whatever issues you've got, now isn't the time to be fighting with each other. You need each other now", she finished.

"I know and I've been trying her cell but it just keeps going to voicemail after each trial", I complained.
She gave me the stink eye after my remark. Did I say something wrong?

"She said not to call and you should do just that or did you just expect her to jump and answer your calls immediately after she just told you not to call?!! That means you're saying you don't regard her word as anything and you can just ignore it anyhow and trust me, that would piss her off the more. Just give her sometime before reaching out again", Fola scolded.

'So you mean I shouldn't go to her place now, cause that was my next line of action before you came in", I asked.

"Don't even try it, just let her be for now", she said as she turned to go.

"Fola?", I called out softly as she left. It's been really long since I called her by her name in such sift manner and I kinda felt nostalgic as I said it.

'"Thank you", I said as she fully faced me know.
She smiled at me and before going out again before something popped in my head causing me to call her again.

"Fola?......you're still friends with Hailey ba?", I asked.
In an instant, the smile vanished and a frown donned her face..her pretty face. Even when she frowning she still looked beautiful, damn.

"Eh....kinda....we haven't really been close for a while now. why...what's up?", she answered reluctantly.

"Would you be able to set up a meeting between us.. please?", I asked dreading what her reaction would be......TBC

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (28) (Reply)

The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 / TEENAGE LOVE Naivety¤¤¤¤part 1 & 2 / Married And Slaying: Diary Of Mrs. Nwakaego Etadafe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.