Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,172 members, 7,821,974 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:11 PM

Homosexuality, Lesbianism, All Other Sexual Pervasion Is Not Just A Sin But... - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Homosexuality, Lesbianism, All Other Sexual Pervasion Is Not Just A Sin But... (37604 Views)

Hilda Baci: Your Dressing Shows It's Not Just Food You’re Selling – Pastor / Spirit Of Lesbianism Exposed By Prophet TB Joshua / Having Boyfriend Or Girlfriend Is Not Just A Sin But A Sickness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Homosexuality, Lesbianism, All Other Sexual Pervasion Is Not Just A Sin But... by poik(m): 6:19pm On Oct 13, 2019
Lonelypacifist6:
I'll say the last thing god should be concerned about is What People do in private, or who they chose to have sex with, a lot of killings are going on in public genocide terrorism famine Climate change and the likes, at least God gave human free will he/she shouldn't be bothered about what they do with it.

The thing you need to understand is that sex and sexual perversion was what started the fall of man, and is at the root of almost every crime committed. why do you think God instructed man not to resist, but to FLEE fornication and youthful lusts? The Bible knows exactly what it is saying.

Evil is evil. the degree does not matter to God. By the way, our bodies are the temple of the living God. I cant imagine you defecating in your living room in your right senses.
That God gave man free will does not give him absolute freedom. What you do with your free will has consequences.
Re: Homosexuality, Lesbianism, All Other Sexual Pervasion Is Not Just A Sin But... by poik(m): 6:23pm On Oct 13, 2019
I am not shocked at some of the comments i am reading here.
Thing is, no one can claim ignorance when the chips are down.
Before our eyes, what was abominable is now embraced with both arms in the name of inclusiveness and 'love'.
As a Christian, every love practiced outside of Bible dictates annoys God, no matter your good intentions.
It was predicted, so it does not shock me one bit.

1 Like

Re: Homosexuality, Lesbianism, All Other Sexual Pervasion Is Not Just A Sin But... by Soteriahascome: 6:29pm On Oct 13, 2019
GOD BLESS YOU FOR THIS TRUTH

SEX IS ONLY FOR MARRIED PEOPLE, OUTSIDE IT IS AGAINST GOD.

1 Like

Re: Homosexuality, Lesbianism, All Other Sexual Pervasion Is Not Just A Sin But... by allthingsgood: 6:51pm On Oct 13, 2019
Starlight10:
your new age agenda wants Christians to accept pagan customs but no. Why do you think many were killed in the beginning of Christianity? Gods standard only

Keep deceiving yourself with scam slogans. Las Las nobody holy, u are still a sinner and may end in hell While the person u are criticizing will be in heaven!
Re: Homosexuality, Lesbianism, All Other Sexual Pervasion Is Not Just A Sin But... by greatdave(m): 6:54pm On Oct 13, 2019
OSUigboFlatHead:

Good writeup but you messed up when you started quoting the Bible.
Firstly, not everyone believes in it so, you can't prove a point to someone making reference to what they don't believe in.
Lastly, have it in your head that not everyone is a Christian.

Na wa o...people sef. But the OP is obviously a Christian and used the book she believeddin as reference. If you have any issues or corroborations, use the "manual" that your faith refers to. This life sef....
Re: Homosexuality, Lesbianism, All Other Sexual Pervasion Is Not Just A Sin But... by Nobody: 6:58pm On Oct 13, 2019
allthingsgood:

Keep deceiving yourself with scam slogans. Las Las nobody holy, u are still a sinner and may end in hell While the person u are criticizing will be in heaven!
is my prayer for us all to be saved. Hence
Re: Homosexuality, Lesbianism, All Other Sexual Pervasion Is Not Just A Sin But... by allthingsgood: 7:04pm On Oct 13, 2019
Starlight10:
is my prayer for us all to be saved. Hence

Liar
Re: Homosexuality, Lesbianism, All Other Sexual Pervasion Is Not Just A Sin But... by dalass(f): 7:08pm On Oct 13, 2019
Olivegreen:
You're missing the point!!!
Being gay is not just about gay sex just as love is not just about sex.
You just quote the Bible from beginning to end but you can't interprete it with wisdom.
I don't care how you have sex with your wife or husband ( by the way are you male or female?) To me, as long as you both love each other, you both can use whatever positions or methods to give yourselves pleasure during sex.

Some people just like acting blind and intentionally ignore the main point of certain issues. Sex is not the main point of the lgbtq+ community. The main point is that love is love regardless of one's gender. We fall in love with other people's souls and not their body.
My body was given to me so it should not define me but my soul is who I am therefore, it defines me.
If my soul loves the soul of another female then how is that wrong? I love her personality and not just her body.

Please let us stop this unreasonable spread of hate and intolerance.

Love is love.

Yes you can love another human being. It is scriptural.

What is abominable is the sexual part.

First commandment...Love God with everything.. We certainly don't have sex with Him..We only try to serve Him by touching others' lives.

Second commandment... Love your neighbor as yourself.... It also does not involve having sexual relations with them.
David loved Jonathan as his own soul...his love transcended even that for women but David definitely did not have sex with Jonathan.. He had his own wives..
God help that your soul... Cos it came from God and after all you've done in the body..it's going back to its Creator to give account..

Peace!

3 Likes

Re: Homosexuality, Lesbianism, All Other Sexual Pervasion Is Not Just A Sin But... by michelKalib(m): 8:01pm On Oct 13, 2019
post=83092415:
To close the 1st page of this great thread by Riyadhgodess we will say FLEE FROM ALL APPEARANCE OF EVIL.

wow shocked shocked
Re: Homosexuality, Lesbianism, All Other Sexual Pervasion Is Not Just A Sin But... by kokomilala(m): 8:05pm On Oct 13, 2019
Problem with free floating ,unguarded thoughts. In the end,God gives these minds over to depravity as Romans 1 rightly said.
There's no excusing this sin,no getting round it.In Genesis 18,God punished Sodom and Gomorrah. However, in Judges 19,the fractuous nation of Israel had slided into a state and season of unrelenting anomie. Priests had multiple girlfriends and people did what they pleased because in those days Israel had no king.The band of homosexuals of the Benjamite tribe, gang-raped a priest's concubine to death. He got up the following day,took her lifeless body and cut it into twelve and scattered the bits all over Israel. That sparked a civil war with the consequence that the vanquished tribe of Benjamin had no wives after the war.
Here, God punished them in a very different way that's different from Sodom and Gomorrah.
All sexual perverts will have their place in the lake of fire- whether they be lesbians,homosexuals, transgender,queers,free souls or the sexually undefined.
Re: Homosexuality, Lesbianism, All Other Sexual Pervasion Is Not Just A Sin But... by Emmanuelcann: 8:18pm On Oct 13, 2019
Olivegreen:
You know what....come at me! I'm a devout christian and I will prove to your ignorant ass that homosexuality is not a sin but a subject that has been misunderstood for centuries.

Indeed!
Re: Homosexuality, Lesbianism, All Other Sexual Pervasion Is Not Just A Sin But... by GeneralShepherd(m): 8:21pm On Oct 13, 2019
NLorubebe:
WTF! Do you believe words you read in the scriptures or not? The bible clearly frowns against homosexuality. Why did God destroy Sodom and Gomorrah again? Can't believe you're saying this if you truly believe in the bible

What about heterosexual couples that engage in anal sex? Are they guilty of Sodomy as well?
Re: Homosexuality, Lesbianism, All Other Sexual Pervasion Is Not Just A Sin But... by GeneralShepherd(m): 8:27pm On Oct 13, 2019
HenryInno1:

In the beginning God Created adam and eve not adam and steve neither did he Create stephanie and eve,,,,how can a man fall inlove with his own fellow man,,,does that sound right to u?
Homosexuality and lesbianism are evil invention
If ur dad married his fellow man ,,dem for born u?

You are working with the premise that homosexuality is a choice
Re: Homosexuality, Lesbianism, All Other Sexual Pervasion Is Not Just A Sin But... by GeneralShepherd(m): 8:31pm On Oct 13, 2019
northvietnam:

I know u love your mom or Dad, why don't you sleep with them cuz u love them...

u get luck say u no near me, I for baptize you with better Knock for head...

shame no dey even catch u to dey talk poo for public space...

u just spoilt my Day like this

onye ntu

Why is your heart filled with hate? Jesus said love your neighbour as you love yourself. He didn't say love your straight neighbor. Love was his central message.

I do not judge homosexuals, their case is with their God. My duty is to love every human being as Jesus loved the church.
Re: Homosexuality, Lesbianism, All Other Sexual Pervasion Is Not Just A Sin But... by GeneralShepherd(m): 8:32pm On Oct 13, 2019
creamyKK:
Omg, its 2019 and people still disqualifies sex/love preference on the excuse of sky daddy not been in support, that shit is old

It's 2019 and the West still refuses to accept polygamy as a legitimate loving marital relationship
Re: Homosexuality, Lesbianism, All Other Sexual Pervasion Is Not Just A Sin But... by GeneralShepherd(m): 8:35pm On Oct 13, 2019
Sofistcatdmoron:

some people were born gay,, but all they needs is to correct it,, what are you saying ,, are you telling me that nature is perfect?, nature is not perfect , it makes mistakes sometimes,,,,dont attach everything to religion

Correct it? I am not comparing homosexuality to intellectual disability. But let's assume you were born with down syndrome, can you correct it?
Re: Homosexuality, Lesbianism, All Other Sexual Pervasion Is Not Just A Sin But... by GeneralShepherd(m): 8:37pm On Oct 13, 2019
Starlight10:
death to all gays

Wow wow wow. It is unfortunate that a Christian habours such hatred
Re: Homosexuality, Lesbianism, All Other Sexual Pervasion Is Not Just A Sin But... by GeneralShepherd(m): 8:39pm On Oct 13, 2019
Zizza:

Soo God punished Sodom and Gomorrah not because they were gay but because their souls were gay right??
You should be a pastor, leading the obviously blind sheep. Cheers!

Is Sodom and Gomorrah not in the old testament?

1 Like

Re: Homosexuality, Lesbianism, All Other Sexual Pervasion Is Not Just A Sin But... by Nobody: 8:42pm On Oct 13, 2019
GeneralShepherd:

Wow wow wow. It is unfortunate that a Christian habours such hatred
if you are a true Christian and love them you will tell them the truth. What waits them is eternal death. They should repent.

1 Like

Re: Homosexuality, Lesbianism, All Other Sexual Pervasion Is Not Just A Sin But... by GeneralShepherd(m): 8:49pm On Oct 13, 2019
Starlight10:
if you are a true Christian and love them you will tell them the truth. What waits them is eternal death. They should repent.

So you stand here as a Christian to support someone who just said death to all gays?

God gave humans life. Every human is special no matter their sin. God said for ALL have come short of the glory of God. Salvation is a personal race.

God saved you( hopefully but if you can tell death to all gays, I doubt your salvation) by grace . It is not by ypur own making.

So many humans suffer from so many problems that are not of their own making. So many homosexuals grew to desire members of the same sex, most DID NOT choose to be homosexuals. Let ask you a question, those who were born with intellectual disabilities (I am not saying homosexuality is a dis ability) can they correct themselves and ever be normal?

The human existence is filled with misery that only a true relationship with God can alleviate. Your perfect life is not everyone's experience.

You job as a Christian is to pray for salvation of every soul you come across. Judgement is for the Lord.
Re: Homosexuality, Lesbianism, All Other Sexual Pervasion Is Not Just A Sin But... by Nobody: 9:01pm On Oct 13, 2019
GeneralShepherd:

So you stand here as a Christian to support someone who just said death to all gays?

God gave humans life. Every human is special no matter their sin. God said for ALL have come short of the glory of God. Salvation is a personal race.

God saved you( hopefully but if you can tell death to all gays, I doubt your salvation) by grace . It is not by ypur own making.

So many humans suffer from so many problems that are not of their own making. So many homosexuals grew to desire members of the same sex, most DID NOT choose to be homosexuals. Let ask you a question, those who were born with intellectual disabilities (I am not saying homosexuality is a dis ability) can they correct themselves and ever be normal?

The human existence is filled with misery that only a true relationship with God can alleviate. Your perfect life is not everyone's experience.

You job as a Christian is to pray for salvation of every soul you come across. Judgement is for the Lord.
naa the Christians of old spoke up. Some were killed for that. Some young Christians might come on NL and think it is ok. And by the way i was a victim of their recruitment in Boarding school. I am coming from a place that is personal and almost ruined me. But the scripture, raw and unapologetic saved me. I dont care about this new age ideology that you are coming at me with. If it was so saint Paul wouldn't have spoken against it. I'm not saying other sins are not sin too. But no one glorifies them. Even if someone says we should embrace adultery and fornication I would speak up and say same thing even for fornicators. Don't abuse grace. You won't hear me talking down on a gay person looking for salvation out of that.

1 Like

Re: Homosexuality, Lesbianism, All Other Sexual Pervasion Is Not Just A Sin But... by komekn(m): 9:09pm On Oct 13, 2019
Olivegreen:
You're missing the point!!!
Being gay is not just about gay sex just as love is not just about sex.
You just quote the Bible from beginning to end but you can't interprete it with wisdom.
I don't care how you have sex with your wife or husband ( by the way are you male or female?) To me, as long as you both love each other, you both can use whatever positions or methods to give yourselves pleasure during sex.

Some people just like acting blind and intentionally ignore the main point of certain issues. Sex is not the main point of the lgbtq+ community. The main point is that love is love regardless of one's gender. We fall in love with other people's souls and not their body.
My body was given to me so it should not define me but my soul is who I am therefore, it defines me.
If my soul loves the soul of another female then how is that wrong?
I love her personality and not just her body.

Please let us stop this unreasonable spread of hate and intolerance.

Love is love.

Disagreement is not HATE and establishing wrong doing is not INTOLERANCE.

What is INTOLERANCE and HATE is when a person objectively explains his contrary view and people like you call it phobia and therefore HOMO-PHOBIA.

Some people love to kill , some people love to practice paedophilia that is no JUSTIFICATION.

Love as a phenomenon in the context you use it, is about sensual infatuation and unbridled unrestrained unnatural dysfunctional desire.

The infallible word of God is not about understanding but OBEDIENCE. That's why it is said the sin of disobedience is like Witchcraft, A
again it is better to obey than sacrifice.

Considering the Bold to put it simply, God did not make Adam and Steve but Adam and Eve. The bible is intrinsically absolutely clear that this not just sin but an ABOMINATION before God.

Moving from the Christian perspective cause you simply cannot be one, with this adopted lifestyle.

Physiological and biological human body purposes are determined by function. When the intended purpose is misused and or not used for its function it becomes DYSFUNCTIONALISM. If a function becomes dysfunctional essentially it's defective and wrong.

The entire projection of homosexuality is in its entirety anchored on sex. But dysfunctional deviant and therefore DEPRAVED sexual behaviour. It is not love but obsessive infatuation.

Across the predominantly western world there are these homosexual pride celebration now added with the confused confusion of Transgender and the myriad of other designations. All of these celebration are about the open wanton depraved sexual deviant practices promoted as normalcy in a frenzied jamboree carnival. So don't be naive or deceptive to say it has nothing to do with sex. It's all about DEPRAVED SEX.

Unfortunately it has taken a political dimension and equality in the context of race put to one side. But the adopted homosexuality is given the predominant position in the equality discourse to the detriment of race and discrimination. Hence the demise of black equality discourse to the back of the agenda.

Homosexuality is MENTAL ILLNESS not normal behaviour to put it simply it's SICKNESS. This us not an opinion but an empirical proven position established for over a thousand years. But in the context of medical research over 200 years.

The American Psychiatric Association (APA) changed its position on homosexuality declassifying it as no longer a mental illness or sickness in 1973. But it was not based on empirecal new research but political pressure to change its classification.

The empirical deduction remains that thus deviant behaviour by all units of measurement is MENTAL ILLNESS. The only unit of measurement that gives it credence is the one of public perception and acceptance which is reflection of where you are.

In Russia it's Deviant behaviour in most of the West its normal behaviour. We have gone from tolerance, to acceptance and now PROMOTION it's being taught in schools as normal family life in the West.

There is now extreme intolerance to anything that contends with the view that homosexuality is not normal. If you say anything to the contrary you will be persecuted and possibly prosecuted. Footballers have put Biblical quotations on thier socail media handles and faced bans and severe fines. So free speech has been curtailed yet it's modern western democracy.

Edmund Burke in a quote said, "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”

So if you like keep quite and don't Condemn the abominable as silence is often assumed to be consent.

3 Likes

Re: Homosexuality, Lesbianism, All Other Sexual Pervasion Is Not Just A Sin But... by komekn(m): 9:18pm On Oct 13, 2019
GeneralShepherd:

Why is your heart filled with hate? Jesus said love your neighbour as you love yourself. He didn't say love your straight neighbor. Love was his central message.

I do not judge homosexuals, their case is with their God. My duty is to love every human being as Jesus loved the church.

Stating the TRUTH is not Judgment because the truth will set you FREE. My duty is destroy the works of evil not condone, accept or agree with EVIL.

Jesus said Repent and accept me, l am the way the truth and the life, no one comes to the Father but by me.

He didn't say stay as you are remain as you are, l will not judge you.

Homosexuals case is not with God without repentance they remain with the devil and have no Fellowship with God.

You are doing the work of the devil telling them all is well when it is CLEARLY NOT.

1 Like

Re: Homosexuality, Lesbianism, All Other Sexual Pervasion Is Not Just A Sin But... by Asu015(m): 9:19pm On Oct 13, 2019
Haha i'm sure christians are confused, pope francis said it permissible now dz preacher said its a sin

ACCEPT ISLAM AND LIVE FREELY WITH FOUR WIVES
Re: Homosexuality, Lesbianism, All Other Sexual Pervasion Is Not Just A Sin But... by Vaco: 9:27pm On Oct 13, 2019
amahbrain:
Interesting assumption. Please submit the link to the research that was carried out to prove this.

You do have an idea though, eve though it is twisted. I wonder how you got yourself to research on this. Some interest you have? There is no shame there.

Truly, there is a significant difference in substance abuse in the gay community. It is not because gay people are ashamed of being themselves. It is because of this very attitude of YOURS. Your hate attitude is causing harm to others. Some people don’t cope well with not being accepted. So the use of alcohol to escape that reality. But no, it is not highest in the gay community. How can it be when gay people are just a minority? One small group of special unique people threatening your piece of mind. Why

Why not use that “consciousness” in ensuring that Nigeria is safe for everyone equally? Why not use that consciousness to build a better nation with better economy? Because you are unconsciously doing what you see others do to you. You bully. You put down. Even the political leaders have taught you to do so so they can effectively manipulate you from seeing the truth.

Look, until you change that mindset and accept people regardless of their sexuality, ethnicity, gender, or whatever difference, we will just keep going in circles. Getting worse and worse by the day with people trying to leave the country.

I beg of you to find it in your heart to see the Truth. Please!!

While I still disagree with you, Biblical laws are not democratic....its Sovereign God laying the rules you follow for your own Good irrespective of how u feel about it. The end will turn out fine.
Your response were intelligently written, which sounds you have some good level of education. Honestly was impressed but get me right. I dont hate gays or Lesbians. Honestly dont, I leave that to God. I just know it's wrong.
Re: Homosexuality, Lesbianism, All Other Sexual Pervasion Is Not Just A Sin But... by Nobody: 9:59pm On Oct 13, 2019
GeneralShepherd:

Is Sodom and Gomorrah not in the old testament?

That was sarcasm tho. Just in case you're unable to process it
Re: Homosexuality, Lesbianism, All Other Sexual Pervasion Is Not Just A Sin But... by tbibuzz(m): 10:24pm On Oct 13, 2019
Olivegreen:

You clearly dont know your religion. Religion is not just faith. Its faith and reasoning. None supercedes the other.
The bible is written in a lot of metaphors and has lots of hidden messages that only the wise can access. The passage about Sodom amd Gomorah is one of them. It should not be taken literally instead, it should be carefully studied to get the true message.

bros if we remove the scriptures he is quoted dont u think it will be wicked of u to expose ur hubby to these diseases cos ur have anal with her just to please urself and put her life in danger .wetin no good no good .nobody was born gay ,saw something sometime back about a guy who said God made a mistake by creating him a man dat God was meant to create him a goat .4the devil gives these stupid ideology that leave people to explore their sexuality.what is is right about a guy shagging another doesnt even sound right to the ear
Re: Homosexuality, Lesbianism, All Other Sexual Pervasion Is Not Just A Sin But... by tbibuzz(m): 10:27pm On Oct 13, 2019
kimco:

Since we are on the laws of the bible

Deuteronomy 21:18–21.

If any man has a stubborn and rebellious son who will not obey his father or his mother, and when they chastise him, he will not even listen to them, then his father and mother shall seize him, and bring him out to the elders of his city at the gateway of his home town. And they shall say to the elders of his city, “This son of ours is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey us, he is a glutton and a drunkard.” Then all the men of his city shall stone him to death; so you shall remove the evil from your midst, and all Israel shall hear of it and fear.

Sure i pray and hope that you will allow your stubborn son to be stoned to death. That would be nice see.

ur argument is outa context
Re: Homosexuality, Lesbianism, All Other Sexual Pervasion Is Not Just A Sin But... by davekata: 10:52pm On Oct 13, 2019
kimco:

Where in the bible did christ talk about homosexuality? I'll wait.

Christ never been talked about homosexuality because he considered the law of the old testament sufficient enough to remain potent in that area.

The law had it's short comings; Christ ensured that those shortcomings were fixed in the New testament. Example: The law: An eye for an eye; New Testament: Pray for those that despitefully use you and persecute you.

The law: Men are allowed more than one wife and concubines; New Testament: One man, one wife.

The law: Some meat were regarded unclean; New Testament: Every thing made by God is good; etc.

Matters in the old testament that weren't discussed in the New testament are still considered valid and applicable.

#myHumbleOpinion

2 Likes

Re: Homosexuality, Lesbianism, All Other Sexual Pervasion Is Not Just A Sin But... by Iampapito: 11:00pm On Oct 13, 2019
how in hell does some one accept this rubbish. Forget about it being wrong scripturally since some people know more than God. Do you all think it's a coincidence that in every country in the world man and woman was always perceived as normal? regardless of how little knowledge we had about the different parts of the world this was one of the things we had in common. some things are just meant to be and gays and bisexuals shouldn't even be considered as christians.
Re: Homosexuality, Lesbianism, All Other Sexual Pervasion Is Not Just A Sin But... by Iampapito: 11:04pm On Oct 13, 2019
kimco:

Since we are on the laws of the bible

Deuteronomy 21:18–21.

If any man has a stubborn and rebellious son who will not obey his father or his mother, and when they chastise him, he will not even listen to them, then his father and mother shall seize him, and bring him out to the elders of his city at the gateway of his home town. And they shall say to the elders of his city, “This son of ours is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey us, he is a glutton and a drunkard.” Then all the men of his city shall stone him to death; so you shall remove the evil from your midst, and all Israel shall hear of it and fear.

Sure i pray and hope that you will allow your stubborn son to be stoned to death. That would be nice see.

� I'll assume you're not a Christian, cuz if you were you'd understand what we Christians call old testament and new testament. Your statement is just completely out of context

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ / Lady Lays Curse On Stephanie Otobo, Begs Apostle Suleman For Help / Photo: Man Urinating On Bible By Punch. Sensational Journalism Against Religion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.