Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,726 members, 7,816,987 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:16 PM

US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? (72935 Views)

Fidelity Bank Restores Transfers To Opay, Moniepoint, And Palmpay / Bill Gates Drops In Billionaire Ranking After Stock Transfers To Ex-Wife / GT Bank Stops Customers From Withdraws And Transfers From Domiciliary Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by Sureguytalk(m): 6:13pm On Aug 24, 2019
grin grin grin savage
dotman4real007:
Xmas showoff for east no go dey this Xmas be that.
With FBII in Nigeria already Yahoo boys will start migrating to Benin republic, no dollars to spend this year, mama emeka go count stars this xmas

1 Like

Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by Fretchy: 6:36pm On Aug 24, 2019
Avedonn:
I think it's high time Federal Government allow Igbos secede from the federation. They contribute nothing if not crime and hatred.

In federal Union, each region is expected to contribute something meaningful such as natural resource or raw materials but igbos contribute nothing to the federation and yet they'd not allow other Nigerians to rest.

At least each region brings something to the federation table except igbos.

North - Crop production and livestock

South West - Timber, crude oil and shipping ports

South South - Crude oil and shipping ports.

South East - Crime, hard drugs, prostitution, scam, fake products such as medicine etc. And now they've come up with a new system of committing crime and pin it on Fulani herdsmen.

Yes, the North engage in terrorism but it mostly affects them and it's internal which most countries are battling with. It has not stopped foreign firms from transacting business with Nigeria. It's a global issue.

Yes, South West engage in fetish monetary ritual but it starts and ends with them. They don't go into other regions to carry out their fetish act. And hasn't stopped foreign firms from transacting business with Nigeria.

But Igbos combined all the negatives other unit of the federation are known for ( kidnapping and armed robbery, money ritual etc). Even the trending internet fraud (Yahoo Yahoo) 80% of them are igbos.

Well, I don't really blame the US bank for not transacting with Nigeria because even me as a Nigerian I always think twice before I engage into any business with igbos and with caution as well.
shut up, saddist. Enemy of peace, don't forget without them, you would have had nothing, only the rich would have access ti designers, you're the real hatred here.. So shut up once again.

1 Like

Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by 9tailskid: 6:42pm On Aug 24, 2019
lyriclekidd:
Yhyh use cards and bitcoin.

Usa forming holier than thou. Nigeria boys no run fraud reach those yankee boys. Them lil baby, young dolph, roddy rich are fucking credit card scammers. Bs stupid country don't quote me abeg make i no swear give you.

Exactly man... those guys are fraudsters.
But most people don't know that
Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by DexterousOne(m): 7:01pm On Aug 24, 2019
Avedonn:
I think it's high time Federal Government allow Igbos secede from the federation. They contribute nothing if not crime and hatred.

In federal Union, each region is expected to contribute something meaningful such as natural resource or raw materials but igbos contribute nothing to the federation and yet they'd not allow other Nigerians to rest.

South East - Crime, hard drugs, prostitution, scam, fake products such as medicine etc. And now they've come up with a new system of committing crime and pin it on Fulani herdsmen.

Yes, the North engage in terrorism but it mostly affects them and it's internal which most countries are battling with. It has not stopped foreign firms from transacting business with Nigeria. It's a global issue.

Yes, South West engage in fetish monetary ritual but it starts and ends with them. They don't go into other regions to carry out their fetish act. And hasn't stopped foreign firms from transacting business with Nigeria.

But Igbos combined all the negatives other unit of the federation are known for ( kidnapping and armed robbery, money ritual etc). Even the trending internet fraud (Yahoo Yahoo) 80% of them are igbos.

Well, I don't really blame the US bank for not transacting with Nigeria because even me as a Nigerian I always think twice before I engage into any business with igbos and with caution as well.

What is this punk saying?

Is it a crime to use your sense?

1 Like

Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by nairalanduseles: 7:55pm On Aug 24, 2019
I surprise say ppl still dey go bank to use western union..when U can do it online
Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by yeman1(m): 7:57pm On Aug 24, 2019
I don't believe it
Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Aug 24, 2019
Clean2016:
This is the ripple effect of the scam issue as it affects Nigeria. Few committed the crime but unfortunately all of us may have to pay for it.

They are regarded as Nigerians

Ah ah.....Satan you're a liar!
How can?
How will my foreign students now make Payment?

I decree by the reason of Gods grace and anointing upon me it shall be reversed in Jesus name.
Amen.
Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by Chuksgeo: 9:42pm On Aug 24, 2019
Avedonn:

At least each region brings something to the

federation table except igbos.

Mr if you don’t know what to say,just shut up your useless mouth. You seem like someone that thinks from his anus.

Coward!
Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by colyx1(m): 10:10pm On Aug 24, 2019
Money gram dey there...... Na customers una go loose.... WU na Goat!!!
Me when WU don ban for over 5 months now for money when my mama dey send for me. I hate dem sef.
Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by DedeNkem: 12:45am On Aug 25, 2019
Avedonn:

You are simply a bitter Yoruba ID*IOT. Did you read the huge list of Yoruba drug criminals about to be executed in Saudi Arabia?

Do some Igbos commit crimes? Yes! Likewise other ethnic groups! For you to generalise your dumb accusations to all Igbos made you look very St*upid!

Name one crime perpetrated by Igbos that Yorubas don't do! Mention just one or shut up your stinky mouth and crawl back to your hole of hate and ignorance!

The horrible state of affairs in this zoo called, Nigeria, was caused by the North and their Yoruba slaves!

1 Like

Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by Nowenuse: 1:41am On Aug 25, 2019
Avedonn:

I am not an Igbo, I am a middlebelter but all you have said here is rubbish. How does terrorism affects the north alone? Aren't there southernerns living in the north? Besides, terrorism is more of a Hausa fulani Kanuri thing, but this affects all northern & middlebelt tribes. See the shiites handwork in Abuja. Are hausa fulanis the owners of Abuja? Or should southernerns no longer live in Abuja when it is their federal capital?

Yoruba ritualists do not select their victims based on tribe. Lagos is very multi ethnic as it is the largest city in Nigeria based on it's previous capital status.

Are fulani herdsmen madness now limited to the north alone?

Igbos contribute so much to Nigeria through their trade and production. They contribubte to the development of their host communities through their buildings and taxes they pay. Igbos have the largest middle class population of Nigeria today. They create wealth which in turn circulates one way or the other. Hausa land is no different from Niger republic if not the oil wealth they had access to. Infact Niger republic would have been better than the core-north if the latter was an independent country.

Your 2nd to last paragraph is a very stupid lie. You must be a northerner who knows nothing about the south. I was bred in the south. Yorubas started and founded Yahoo yahoo, then it further spread to Edo/Delta. Go to the Southeast, Yahoo yahoo is not as widespread as in Edo/Delta and Yoruba land.

Igbos have bad sides but I think since I love their goods sides, I must be ready to accept their bad sides too afterall an adage says LOVE ME AND LOVE MY DOG TOO. Igbos have achieved a lot for Nigeria and made us proud in the international scene.

As for Hausas, they are neighbours to my people and I can't really point out to say, this is the good thing Hausas bring to the Nigerian table. Foodstuffs are more of a middlebelt thing than a Hausa. Most of the cow meat we consume in Nigeria are from Niger republic where there is a more advanced cattle rearing system.
Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by Nowenuse: 1:42am On Aug 25, 2019
fk001:
Igbos it shall never be well for you

Bunch of greedy flat heads

And it shall be well with Boko haram terrorists, fulani herdsmen or yoruba ritualists/yahoo boys?
Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by Nowenuse: 1:46am On Aug 25, 2019
Nephilim:
This flathêads sha wan destroy this country image totally undecided
Who Join us with this priçks sef undecided

Same way yorubas want to destroy Nigeria with their rituals/yahoo and Hausa fulanis with their terrorism.
Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by Nowenuse: 1:47am On Aug 25, 2019
pacespot:
This country is dammed. When we are still clamouring for PayPal to allow receipt of payment and withdrawal in Nigeria, and this happened.

Some people will come here and blame buhari for this, when the psychic of an average Nigerian is full of crave for opulence but with zero tolerance towards hardwork and resilience.

Nigeria as a country does not encourage hardwork/resilience. Have you wondered why the average Nigerian who goes outside excels better than the others they met there?
Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by Nowenuse: 1:50am On Aug 25, 2019
lagdmark:
Nigerians complain about their leaders looting the treasury, but the citizens themselves are not different from the politicians.

This is cos the politicians forced the citizens to do anything necessary to fend for themselves. The problem always comes from the top and not the bottom.
Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by Nowenuse: 1:55am On Aug 25, 2019
lobby:
These website are blocking transactions to Nigeria , I my legit Australian wife wanted to send money yesterday and she was stop that all transfer to Nigeria is stop now.. sooo.. how , Nigerians where is the future for our kids

One thing westernerns don't know is that they cannot stop Nigerians with silly measures like this. Nigeria has a large population of jobless and determined educated youths.
Nigerians will keep on developing more ways to bypass these restrictions placed by westernerns. Even blocking Nigeria from total access of their internet is not enough. You cannot stop a determined people unless by death. Sometimes even death doesn't work.

1 Like

Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by Nowenuse: 1:58am On Aug 25, 2019
Empiree:
I honestly feel very sad right now with this sad news. Everyone will sit tight once a criminal (public figure) is sentence to either long term jail like 50yrs behind bars or public beheading. Court and Nigeria justice system need overhaul restructuring. The only ones who can do this are Houses Senate and Reps not the president but president may be able to use veto power to influence many things. But unfortunately senators and reps are the problems. I don't think I have seen successful persection of govt officials in Nigeria. This is a big shame.

Nigerians glorify riches and elites. Until they get this trash off their attitude Nigeria is going nowhere. What's even funny is, you will be surprised to see many oyinbo people want to live like Nigerians. They think Nigerians way of life is more free than theirs. Indeed there are too many laws and restricted in Western world but unfortunately that's the only way things could work. There is nothing like absolute freedom.

Nigerians seem to have more freedom than Western people but at the expense of regulations.

Nigeria can never get better unless we divide this country or everything goes into flames with a new nation reborn from the ashes.
Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by Nowenuse: 2:00am On Aug 25, 2019
excessmon:
This is the beginning of trouble

After western union they will talk about itune and amazon gift cards meaning boys don finally burst

Bro, Naija boys will always discover another way and funny enough the new way may even be more dangerous than the previous. Here is what I just told someone who said what you did.

Nowenuse:

One thing westernerns don't know is that they cannot stop Nigerians with silly measures like this. Nigeria has a large population of jobless and determined educated youths.
Nigerians will keep on developing more ways to bypass these restrictions placed by westernerns. Even blocking Nigeria from total access of their internet is not enough. You cannot stop a determined people unless by death. Sometimes even death doesn't work.
Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by Empiree: 2:36am On Aug 25, 2019
Nowenuse:

Nigeria can never get better unless we divide this country or everything goes into flames with a new nation reborn from the ashes.
I don't even think this is solution either. Maybe regional govt works but I doubt divisions of the country. Your don't need democracy but sincere military man that we teach govt officials and the people common sense.

You see that Nigerians are scared of military personnels. Therefore, that's what they need as Head of State. Just my opinion.
Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by WowSweetGuy(m): 6:57am On Aug 25, 2019
grin so they cant control their citizens not to send money they had to stop it from d sending source.

Americans r cheap
Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by Rilwayne001: 8:40am On Aug 25, 2019
Empiree:
I don't even think this is solution either. Maybe regional govt works but I doubt divisions of the country. Your don't need democracy but sincere military man that we teach govt officials and the people common sense.

You see that Nigerians are scared of military personnels. Therefore, that's what they need as Head of State. Just my opinion.

Well I do think dividing the country will give government more space to move closer to people that as it currently is. I don't really see any alternative.
Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by Empiree: 10:13am On Aug 25, 2019
Rilwayne001:

Well I do think dividing the country will give government more space to move closer to people that as it currently is. I don't really see any alternative.
As in Nigeria should cease to exist and create 3 countries out of it?. If this is the case it is something that appears to need international recognition. Also let's not forget South Sudan was created from Sudan but no significant difference or improvement. Problems are still there. Problems don't automatically go away bcuz of division. America is by far bigger than Nigeria yet they have control over the people. Why is Black man can't govern himself?. Black man is greedy.

But if by division you mean going back to regional rule i may agree with that. I still believe in tough laws must be enforced starting with officials. No glorification of any govt officials or seeing them as demigods like tinubu etc. And govt officials overspending on silly things must be investigated like kogi guy spent millions just to bury his mother. This is waste of public funds. He can't tell me that was his money he spent. He doesn't do any biz outside politics therefore it is tax payer money.

So overall, it is lack of accountability driving the country into the mold. Nigeria is a big shame by constantly proving itself to White people that Black man can not take care of himself

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by Nobody: 8:33pm On Aug 25, 2019
SouthSouth1914:

Wasn’t meant for you.

Why tag me..
Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by stagger: 9:52pm On Aug 25, 2019
Avedonn:

What an imbec.ile!
Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by Ready2speak: 9:21pm On Sep 09, 2019
Besk:

The question is what belongs to you that Gbaja stole? Why also did you mention progressives alone? Isn’t it the case that thieves abound on every side of the political argument? I suspect you’re a PDP apologist who is embittered by the lack of “chop to go round” which was the order of the day when your heroes such as Diezani, Fayose & co were in power...

Point of correction, I ain't no politician. Gbaja na common thief who used his position as a lawyer with access to his clients info, perpetrated heinous crime of stealing & covering up which was eventually busted & after confessing was not ready to face the legal repercussions and had to run back to Nigeria.

For tinubu, he was a criminal drug pedlar in Chicago who was wanted but he ran away. He assumed many identities all in d bid to evade arrest. He had to polish his image claiming relationship to the tinubu dynasty in the island when truelly he came from osun state. He milked agos government dry thru his company Alpha Beta an accounting consulting firm. Don't u know?
Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by Okfiscal(m): 9:45pm On Sep 09, 2019
Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by Okfiscal(m): 9:46pm On Sep 09, 2019
Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by Ireblessingss: 7:42am On Sep 18, 2019
lyriclekidd:

Lol i dunno oh boys done ask me tire. I dunno bruh.

Found someone who sold to me that accepted PayPal payment option. So incase you have people who want to buy let me know, I also need Usa account with online access for wire transfer
Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by lyriclekidd(m): 7:53am On Sep 18, 2019
Ireblessingss:

Found someone who sold to me that accepted PayPal payment option. So incase you have people who want to buy let me know, I also need Usa account with online access for wire transfer

Come sell the btc for me nah
Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by Ireblessingss: 8:15am On Sep 18, 2019
lyriclekidd:

I Don sell them already bro
Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by Ireblessingss: 7:19am On Sep 22, 2019
lyriclekidd:

I get hacker number incase you want to buy log and stuff

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Dangote And Otedola Flaunt Cheap Phones That Will Surprise You (Photos) / Which Business Can I Do With N300k As A School Teacher? / Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.