Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,656 members, 7,955,371 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:57 AM

US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? (73411 Views)

Fidelity Bank Restores Transfers To Opay, Moniepoint, And Palmpay / Bill Gates Drops In Billionaire Ranking After Stock Transfers To Ex-Wife / GT Bank Stops Customers From Withdraws And Transfers From Domiciliary Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by tomdfirst(m): 11:14am On Aug 24, 2019
totorimi two times "to"to for Naija. only You Everywhere.

1 Like

Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by lobby: 11:15am On Aug 24, 2019
Bros gift Card business is stop now in some countries now manly Europe like Switzerland, Germany,New Zealand and some Asia countries , and up tilll now they refuse to open their Itune gift card for these countries, so now you understand it all crashing down for boys ����
Zombiekiller010:
Will they also stop selling of gift cards? grin
Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by lobby: 11:19am On Aug 24, 2019
These website are blocking transactions to Nigeria , I my legit Australian wife wanted to send money yesterday and she was stop that all transfer to Nigeria is stop now.. sooo.. how , Nigerians where is the future for our kids
ednut1:
If you dig deeper you would find out its an old pic. So many dundees on the net. Does anyone still use western money to transfer money Smh. There are over 100 websites u can use to transfer money to a nigerian account from abroad in 10 minutes. Abeg
Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by Ireblessingss: 11:19am On Aug 24, 2019
lyriclekidd:

Clients go come sha gimme btc or card

Stress no they. How I fit take buy btc with PayPal? I get $1k when they my PayPal balance. I no Wan buy gift card una they use am short me.
Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by Egbesu1(m): 11:20am On Aug 24, 2019
Igbo boy and record breaking. Your actions stopped Dubai visa, now western money. Next one na to deny the whole country visa to even chad. Ipob people causing problems like boko haram

2 Likes

Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by Csami(m): 11:20am On Aug 24, 2019
Avedonn:
I think it's high time Federal Government allow Igbos secede from the federation. They contribute nothing if not crime and hatred.

In federal Union, each region is expected to contribute something meaningful such as natural resource or raw materials but igbos contribute nothing to the federation and yet they'd not allow other Nigerians to rest.

At least each region brings something to the federation table except igbos.

North - Crop production and livestock

South West - Timber, crude oil and shipping ports

South South - Crude oil and shipping ports.

South East - Crime, hard drugs, prostitution, scam, fake products such as medicine etc. And now they've come up with a new system of committing crime and pin it on Fulani herdsmen.

Yes, the North engage in terrorism but it mostly affects them and it's internal which most countries are battling with. It has not stopped foreign firms from transacting business with Nigeria. It's a global issue.

Yes, South West engage in fetish monetary ritual but it starts and ends with them. They don't go into other regions to carry out their fetish act. And hasn't stopped foreign firms from transacting business with Nigeria.

But Igbos combined all the negatives other unit of the federation are known for ( kidnapping and armed robbery, money ritual etc). Even the trending internet fraud (Yahoo Yahoo) 80% of them are igbos.

Well, I don't really blame the US bank for not transacting with Nigeria because even me as a Nigerian I always think twice before I engage into any business with igbos and with caution as well.

Are you always this stup!d or it just shows up on Saturdays?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by Ajosh431: 11:21am On Aug 24, 2019
ednut1:
If you dig deeper you would find out its an old pic. So many dundees on the net. Does anyone still use western money to transfer money Smh. There are over 100 websites u can use to transfer money to a nigerian account from abroad in 10 minutes. Abeg

Please abeg help list some of the alternatives
Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by Topmaike007(m): 11:22am On Aug 24, 2019
Avedonn:
I think it's high time Federal Government allow Igbos secede from the federation. They contribute nothing if not crime and hatred.

In federal Union, each region is expected to contribute something meaningful such as natural resource or raw materials but igbos contribute nothing to the federation and yet they'd not allow other Nigerians to rest.

South East - Crime, hard drugs, prostitution, scam, fake products such as medicine etc. And now they've come up with a new system of committing crime and pin it on Fulani herdsmen.

Yes, the North engage in terrorism but it mostly affects them and it's internal which most countries are battling with. It has not stopped foreign firms from transacting business with Nigeria. It's a global issue.

Yes, South West engage in fetish monetary ritual but it starts and ends with them. They don't go into other regions to carry out their fetish act. And hasn't stopped foreign firms from transacting business with Nigeria.

But Igbos combined all the negatives other unit of the federation are known for ( kidnapping and armed robbery, money ritual etc). Even the trending internet fraud (Yahoo Yahoo) 80% of them are igbos.

Well, I don't really blame the US bank for not transacting with Nigeria because even me as a Nigerian I always think twice before I engage into any business with igbos and with caution as well.
you're an idiot the people they arrested are they all igbo is there no Yoruba or Ijaw man there.... Don't quote me back ooo... Ẹni fi àwọn ibo lọrun le

2 Likes

Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by PhilipGallagher(m): 11:22am On Aug 24, 2019
This doesn't look like a bank
Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by AnanseK(m): 11:23am On Aug 24, 2019
Pearlyakin:
So na only Nigerians dey scam abi dey are witch hunting undecided

Are you from the developer tribe?
Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by Litmus: 11:26am On Aug 24, 2019
Those of you that believe stuff like this should not feel bad. You are just innocent ether because you’re young or because you’ve not been exposed to the wickeder outside world. Incidentally, many Western Nations are not happy with their immigrant populations sending remittance back home. Combined remittance sent home by immigrants could run into a billion yearly, I do not know for sure, but many of these western nations would rather such monies spent in their Nations. So, make of this what you will but never believe that Nigerians abroad constitute some sort of nuisance value, so vastly superior to nationals of others, Nigerians are meted special dispensations in exclusions to others. This may happen to Nigerians in other African nations but not abroad as in Europe or America.
Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by stillseth: 11:32am On Aug 24, 2019
Seun and the mods plus nairaland as a whole is beginning to loose it's credibility with the way they post and encourage fakes news on the front page.

1 Like

Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by ken6488(m): 11:32am On Aug 24, 2019
Lol those of them I know don't operate like that
Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by Nobody: 11:33am On Aug 24, 2019
dotman4real007:
Xmas showoff for east no go dey this Xmas be that.
With FBII in Nigeria already Yahoo boys will start migrating to Benin republic, no dollars to spend this year, mama emeka go count stars this xmas
dotman4real go be d first for counting of stars.
Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by ladyachims(f): 11:34am On Aug 24, 2019
bonnylight003:
EFCC...should take note....

All this Yahoo boys should not be overlooked..
Sars should also step up dia game...

Internet scam wan become the highest employee of labour for naija..
what do u expect? common minimum wage, the sh!t head government cannot pay talkless of employment.
Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by olisaEze(m): 11:36am On Aug 24, 2019
Csami:

Are you always this stup!d or it just shows up on Saturdays?

Why bother replying the inbred dunce. Your words r wasted on him. cheesy
Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by SoNature(m): 11:37am On Aug 24, 2019
Avedonn:

At the emboldened, go ahead and hate all you want, but one thing is certain: There's nothing that most Igbos want than to break away from Nigeria.

On a countless number of occasions, my people have been massacred because of that demand.

We have sacrificed enough...it's high time someone else did their bit

Stop ranting online...compel your representatives to move the motion.

It is that simple

3 Likes

Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by madridguy(m): 11:38am On Aug 24, 2019
They must gather traffic anyhow tongue

stillseth:
Seun and the mods plus nairaland as a whole is beginning to loose it's credibility with the way they post and encourage fakes news on the front page.

1 Like

Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by AdonaiAluminium: 11:39am On Aug 24, 2019
Those that were rejoicing that those 80.guys listed by FBI were Igbos, will this punitive measure affect only Igbos??
Evil is evil no matter where the perpetrators come from

Contact us for all your roofing jobs, roof maintenance services etc

1 Like

Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by Midas01: 11:40am On Aug 24, 2019
I am legit. When I lived in Europe I used Western Union and money gram a couple of times to send money. So please stop being myopic thinking it's reserved for scammers.
GreenWhiteGreen:
Alright. Legit guys don't use western union let alone those into fraud. There are several options now. cool FK WU.
Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by Choski78(m): 11:41am On Aug 24, 2019
Avedonn:

. R
Piece of shit.

2 Likes

Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by madridguy(m): 11:41am On Aug 24, 2019
Dont get it twisted bro, the message might be from one outlet and not from WU itself.

johnnychuks:
O my God!!! this is another serious hardship for Nigeria again couple with the one we are into already cause by our greedy law maker, leaders, how do I get money from my sister now? crying now!
Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by chiogoezubem(f): 11:43am On Aug 24, 2019
ednut1:

Ok...noted.
Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by SoNature(m): 11:46am On Aug 24, 2019
Empiree:
I like what you just said. However, it is not only a matter of helping security but how about many criminals arrested but nigerian govt failed to persecute them bcus these bastards bribed themselves out?. Now that they are nabbed by US govt, they will realise this is a govt that works. And this culture of spraying money in public honestly needs to be curtailed in nigeria. Did you watch videos of these guys spraying money in baby shower party?. I am sure fbi informant(s) must be in the gathering. Nigeria has a long way to go. There is too much lawlessness in the land. That's the genesis of this nonsense.

Sometimes nigerian govt wants to do the right thing but tribalism and ethnic sentiments are bigger problems. This culture of bribing authority by suspected criminals and publicly spraying money must be banned for life. There gotta be some serious people in govt to do this. This shit is getting our of hand

It was banned a long time ago.

Nigeria is a useless country...nobody implements laws here that's why nothing works.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/288511-spray-naira-notes-at-parties-and-go-to-jail-cbn-tells-nigerians.html
Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by Nobody: 11:48am On Aug 24, 2019
Lol when we have over 100 eays to transfer and receive money here in nigeria.
a
Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by eltata(m): 11:54am On Aug 24, 2019
lyriclekidd:
Yhyh use cards and bitcoin.

Usa forming holier than thou. Nigeria boys no run fraud reach those yankee boys. Them lil baby, young dolph, roddy rich are fucking credit card scammers. Bs stupid country don't quote me abeg make i no swear give you.

Stealing from your mummy's pot is different from stealing in another woman's pot
Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by Ten06(m): 11:57am On Aug 24, 2019
Developers has got what they are looking for, just to tarnished the image of the whole country
Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by steppin: 11:57am On Aug 24, 2019
Clean2016:

It's just the starting point. You will see Visa application
Even better.
Those who vote the wrong people and run away to abroad, will no longer be able to do so.
All of us go dey suffer the consequences.
Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by Empiree: 11:57am On Aug 24, 2019
Rilwayne001:

Nigerians needs stiff hands to make them bend. It'll take a very tough hand to bend them into abandoning all these bad things. The police is absolutely corrupt, perhaps the most corrupt structure in the country. They are worsening things rather than repair it.
I honestly feel very sad right now with this sad news. Everyone will sit tight once a criminal (public figure) is sentence to either long term jail like 50yrs behind bars or public beheading. Court and Nigeria justice system need overhaul restructuring. The only ones who can do this are Houses of Senate and Reps not the president but president may be able to use veto power to influence many things. But unfortunately senators and reps are the problems. I don't think I have seen a successful persecution of govt officials in Nigeria. This is a big shame.

Nigerians glorify riches and elites. Until they get this trash off their attitude Nigeria is going nowhere. What's even funny is, you will be surprised to see many oyinbo people want to live like Nigerians. They think Nigerians way of life is more free than theirs. Indeed there are too many laws and restrictions in Western world but unfortunately that's the only way things work. There is nothing like absolute freedom.

Nigerians seem to have more freedom than Western people but at the expense of regulations.

1 Like

Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by skallion7(m): 12:00pm On Aug 24, 2019
Clean2016:
This is the ripple effect of the scam issue as it affects Nigeria. Few committed the crime but unfortunately all of us may have to pay for it.

They are regarded as Nigerians
Why spreading fake news man, what's your gain.

Please seun do something about fake news here
Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by Pharaoh4rin(m): 12:00pm On Aug 24, 2019
ednut1:

Like?
Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by greenandy: 12:02pm On Aug 24, 2019
Chepos1:
Hian!

Wetin concern Islamaaaabad Nigeria with America?

Western education is Haram is spreading fast in Nigeria.

Authorities in Nigeria today maneuver to distance Nigeria from the Western World, brand a large population of one of Nigeria's ethnic group as fraudsters.
The most sophisticated tribe in Nigeria shout Eboes don't spoil our Nigeria pop.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Importance Of Bank Verification Number (BVN) / How Naira Went From N525/$1 To N400/$1 In 3 Days / Nigerian Bank With The Best Domiciliary Account System?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.