Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,457 members, 7,954,793 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:31 AM

US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? (73407 Views)

Fidelity Bank Restores Transfers To Opay, Moniepoint, And Palmpay / Bill Gates Drops In Billionaire Ranking After Stock Transfers To Ex-Wife / GT Bank Stops Customers From Withdraws And Transfers From Domiciliary Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by Empiree: 12:03pm On Aug 24, 2019
SoNature:

It was banned a long time ago.

Nigeria is a useless country...nobody implements laws here that's why nothing works.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/288511-spray-naira-notes-at-parties-and-go-to-jail-cbn-tells-nigerians.html
thanks for this. I didn't even know there was a law against it. So another problem is enforcement. It is still govt's fault. That's why I said the moment they make a scapegoat and send him or her to long term jail or public beheading everyone will sit tight
Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by excessmon(m): 12:04pm On Aug 24, 2019
This is the beginning of trouble

After western union they will talk about itune and amazon gift cards meaning boys don finally burst
Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by Newboss(m): 12:05pm On Aug 24, 2019
frosbel2:
Can you imagine that papa and mama will not get money from their children because of those greedy, low life bastards.

Good grief, I could have said I give up, but actually we have to fight this scourge to the very end.

Stop respecting and honouring 'rich' thieves. Help the security forces fish out all these yahoo boy miscreants.

Baba, this is 21st century. 2019 to be precise.

Use Google
Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by toprealman: 12:05pm On Aug 24, 2019
That's not even a bank. Western union's loss.....
Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by charlesELIKIBA: 12:06pm On Aug 24, 2019
THIS ISN'T JUST ABOUT CRIME OR CYBER CRIME....

...THIS IS TRUMP SAYING ''go back home''

1 Like

Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by Nobody: 12:07pm On Aug 24, 2019
SouthSouth1914:

People fail to reason.. between the USA and Nigeria who is the bigger thief? Most people must have forgotten the Ben Maddoff scheme than ran into billions of usd. The USA and the U.K are the most dirtiest countries when it comes to financial misappropriation!

So you sayin Nigeria is hollier than the US and UK..
Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by ibechris(m): 12:08pm On Aug 24, 2019
Avedonn:
I think it's high time Federal Government allow Igbos secede from the federation. They contribute nothing if not crime and hatred.

In federal Union, each region is expected to contribute something meaningful such as natural resource or raw materials but igbos contribute nothing to the federation and yet they'd not allow other Nigerians to rest.

At least each region brings something to the

federation table except igbos.

North - Crop production and livestock

South West - Timber, crude oil and shipping ports

South South - Crude oil and shipping ports.

South East - Crime, hard drugs, prostitution, scam, fake products such as medicine etc. And now they've come up with a new system of committing crime and pin it on Fulani herdsmen.

Yes, the North engage in terrorism but it mostly affects them and it's internal which most countries are battling with. It has not stopped foreign firms from transacting business with Nigeria. It's a global issue.

Yes, South West engage in fetish monetary ritual but it starts and ends with them. They don't go into other regions to carry out their fetish act. And hasn't stopped foreign firms from transacting business with Nigeria.

But Igbos combined all the negatives other unit of the federation are known for ( kidnapping and armed robbery, money ritual etc). Even the trending internet fraud (Yahoo Yahoo) 80% of them are igbos.

Well, I don't really blame the US bank for not transacting with Nigeria because even me as a Nigerian I always think twice before I engage into any business with igbos and with caution as well.

Ur type is the reason why Nigeria is in a mess. Am an Igbo man,a proud one for that matter. I appreciate God for making me an Igbo man cos I do not need to disturb him for wisdom.

What invictus did is evil before man and God and condemnable before any court of law in the world.
But in all of this,ur generational hate for the Igbo tribe will hasten ur down fall and cause u to derail.

Consequently, I will advice u to eschew this kind of hasty generalisation about the same people that have developed every part of Nigeria including ur father's Land.
The reason I chose to reply u is because we have good Igbo men around the world including here in Nigeria,just like we have in other tribes.

So,respect ur age and stop being silly.

4 Likes

Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by Rilwayne001: 12:10pm On Aug 24, 2019
Empiree:
I honestly feel very sad right now with this sad news. Everyone will sit tight once a criminal (public figure) is sentence to either long term jail like 50yrs behind bars or public beheading. Court and Nigeria justice system need overhaul restructuring. The only ones who can do this are Houses Senate and Reps not the president but president may be able to use veto power to influence many things. But unfortunately senators and reps are the problems. I don't think I have seen successful persection of govt officials in Nigeria. This is a big shame.

Nigerians glorify riches and elites. Until they get this trash off their attitude Nigeria is going nowhere. What's even funny is, you will be surprised to see many oyinbo people want to live like Nigerians. They think Nigerians way of life is more free than theirs. Indeed there are too many laws and restricted in Western world but unfortunately that's the only way things could work. There is nothing like absolute freedom.

Nigerians seem to have more freedom than Western people but at the expense of regulations.

We actually voted Buhari thinking he can restore things, although one way or the other he's trying his best, no thanks to the previous leaders of the two houses that gave him tough time in implementing a lot of things, thankfully he's got his allies in the houses now, we await another blame game he's going to put out. I really wish he could do something about the situation.

2 Likes

Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by SoNature(m): 12:14pm On Aug 24, 2019
Empiree:
thanks for this. I didn't even know there was a law against it. So another problem is enforcement. It is still govt's fault. That's why I said the moment they make a scapegoat and send him or her to long term jail or public beheading everyone will sit tight

It's called negative energy

There's so much of it in Nigeria

No country moves forward with negative energy.

This country is deeply polarized...we just use religion to cover our crime meanwhile a typical Nigerian is full of evil.

Rational people who know how bad things are in Nigeria know that the country is finished.

Shouting online cannot change anything.

Nigeria has two solutions:

Division or revolution.

If either of the two doesn't happen, we will keep running round in circles

2 Likes

Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by poweredcom(m): 12:15pm On Aug 24, 2019
This no be new news na old story western Union and money gram don de target Nigerians especially if an American is sending.money to nigeria

But when a Nigerian is sending money to Nigeria they will allow it na

These days people use other means to send money to naija na hahaha na Dem go.loose na

Newboss:
Seun mynd44 this is a supermarket, not a bank

Oga in America and Europe you can send western Union from a shopping mall ok

Western Union point agent and I don't think there are in the USA banks

Na only mall and agents people de use

1 Like

Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by anuma1(m): 12:17pm On Aug 24, 2019
dotman4real007:
Xmas showoff for east no go dey this Xmas be that.
With FBII in Nigeria already Yahoo boys will start migrating to Benin republic, no dollars to spend this year, mama emeka go count stars this xmas
pained Afonjaaalaja Spoted.
Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by Tedpgrass: 12:19pm On Aug 24, 2019
Empiree:

Public beheading ke??
No Sharia law here!!

Hopefully the gram shows will stop..
Verbal diarrhoea will stop as well
Many undercover chaps abound
Lest a ranting or false bravado leads to an indictment..

Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by Pharaoh4rin(m): 12:21pm On Aug 24, 2019
Avedonn:
I think it's high time Federal Government allow Igbos secede from the federation. They contribute nothing if not crime and hatred.

In federal Union, each region is expected to contribute something meaningful such as natural resource or raw materials but igbos contribute nothing to the federation and yet they'd not allow other Nigerians to rest.

At least each region brings something to the federation table except igbos.

South East - Crime, hard drugs, prostitution, scam, fake products such as medicine etc. And now they've come up with a new system of committing crime and pin it on Fulani herdsmen.

Yes, the North engage in terrorism but it mostly affects them and it's internal which most countries are battling with. It has not stopped foreign firms from transacting business with Nigeria. It's a global issue.

Yes, South West engage in fetish monetary ritual but it starts and ends with them. They don't go into other regions to carry out their fetish act. And hasn't stopped foreign firms from transacting business with Nigeria.

But Igbos combined all the negatives other unit of the federation are known for ( kidnapping and armed robbery, money ritual etc). Even the trending internet fraud (Yahoo Yahoo) 80% of them are igbos.

Well, I don't really blame the US bank for not transacting with Nigeria because even me as a Nigerian I always think twice before I engage into any business with igbos and with caution as well.

U are talking trash. Stinking trash.
The yoruba people dislikes d Igbo
The Hausa/Fulanis hate d igbos.
The other tribes tolerate them with contempt. They don't benefit from d govt and how else do u think they should live? They do not subscribe to crime by nature unlike d Edo people,
They do not subscribe to terrorism and crime against humanity unlike d Hausa/Fulanis. Lemme remind u that Ibos don't hide their Identity and that's why other tribes in Nigeria will do a lot of sh!t in Ibos name. But Ibos don't care! Continue with ur crap. You are full of sh!T. Anofia.

2 Likes

Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by Pharaoh4rin(m): 12:25pm On Aug 24, 2019
jaggedboi:
Very fast to stop western union, but slow to stop infux of stolen funds from Nigerian leaders into Western banks

So damn right. U are bleeping right bruv.
Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by Nobody: 12:25pm On Aug 24, 2019
This isn’t a bank jare, it’s a Money Transfer agent located in a grocery store.
Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by ainas247: 12:26pm On Aug 24, 2019
SamOyovwi:
Nigeria is a fraud nation and you advertise your so called business here. Middle finger for you

I don't exchange words with someone that don't understand simple English.
Call your little brother in [b]Nursery school to explain what I wrote Above. Thank You!
Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by Empiree: 12:27pm On Aug 24, 2019
Tedpgrass:

Public beheading ke??
No Sharia law here!!

By the gram shows will stop..
Verbal diarrhoea will stop as well
Many undercover chaps abound
Lest a ranting or false bravado leads to an indictment..

why are you worried about Sharia law when you Nigerians indict alleged thieves and burn them alive publicly without trial?. What about beating alleged witches and setting them on fire without trial?. You are already doing these in Nigeria. It is part of your culture. What difference does it make with public beheading?
Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by Tedpgrass: 12:30pm On Aug 24, 2019
SoNature:

This country is deeply polarized...we just use religion to cover our crime meanwhile a typical Nigerian is full of evil.

Rational people who know how bad things are in Nigeria know that the country is finished.

Division or revolution.

Either solution you've provided will not provide the result

The psyche of the man on the street is quite disturbed with a slant to criminality.. There's no vacuum in any system. Taking off the leaders is like taking a snake or 2 off Medusa's head. Worse people replace the empty spots.
Regarding the division, where is the seasoned polity or structure that will stand.. None. One after the other, purported leaders have been shown to be lacking in the area of discipline, rule of law or simply public engagement.

There are a lot of outside interests so either of your solutions will result in the creation of chaos/ war zone with huge loss of life and livelihood, affecting generations yet unborn, whilst our resources will be milked away by mercenaries who have no longterm vision for us.. The more divided we are, the greater their cartel reserves.... Look around Libya, Central African, Yemen, Syria etc

In addition, the prevailing public opinion will suggest that nobody is ready to be the sacrificial lamb.. Definitely not... in a situation with no long term plan in place.

Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by Chicastle: 12:34pm On Aug 24, 2019
Make USA go rest. Stingy people
Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by Studyinchina200(m): 12:35pm On Aug 24, 2019
I don’t even use western union. Their headache
emmanuelpopson:

bank or no bank...its just like a POS point we have here.. didn't you see the date on the notice? its a mart with a payment transaction portal...
Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by lyriclekidd(m): 12:35pm On Aug 24, 2019
Ireblessingss:

Stress no they. How I fit take buy btc with PayPal? I get $1k when they my PayPal balance. I no Wan buy gift card una they use am short me.

Lol i dunno oh boys done ask me tire. I dunno bruh.
Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by Empiree: 12:36pm On Aug 24, 2019
SoNature:

Division or revolution.

revolution will only work if it starts at micro level. Meaning, start crushing traditional rulers, local govt officials, state govt before you take on fed.

Taking your revolution to fed will not work without first working on locals. This is why this so called revolution failed

1 Like

Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by Tedpgrass: 12:42pm On Aug 24, 2019
Empiree:
why are you worried about Sharia law when you Nigerians indict alleged thieves and burn them alive publicly without trial?. What about beating alleged witches and setting them on fire without trial?. You are already doing these in Nigeria. It is part of your culture. What difference does it make with public beheading?

There's a difference between the rule of law and a few people behaving in ways that depict gross inhumanity and is definitely illegal.
It happens in a few places, and is not a general consensus. Efforts are in place to minimise the use of jungle justice..

Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by StoneLucifer: 12:43pm On Aug 24, 2019
Avedonn:

At least each region brings something to the federation table except igbos.

Sorry u forgot to include ritual killing and adultery under south west..

1 Like

Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by SouthSouth1914: 12:44pm On Aug 24, 2019
Hanks0000:

So you sayin Nigeria is hollier than the US and UK..

Not only are they corrupt, the provide a safe haven for money laundering! Where did all the moneys stolen from our national treasury go to?

The USA, U.K stifle the economy of underdeveloped countries without any recourse, isn’t this corruption of the highest order? They introduced IMF during the 70’s or so and that was the end of the Nigerian naira... the naira never bounced back till date!

Go to Pakistan or Russia, they have the most sophisticated scammers/fraudsters.. But they never make front pages, but when it comes to Nigeria, it becomes public glare in order to tarnish the images of hard working Nigerians home and abroad all in vain to stereotype them!

Read the news and see how almost 8 Britons smuggled hard drugs into Australia.. they do this all the time and they never get stereotyped!! Why must the black man pay for the sins of the whites?

Why must the average Nigerian pay for the sins of the political elites in this country? Your answer you can find in George Powell’s ANIMAL FARM!!

3 Likes

Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by drillerB(m): 12:45pm On Aug 24, 2019
It shall not he well with all this Easterners spoiling good things for all of us Nigeria.

BUHARI LET them GO PLEEEEEEAAAASEEE angry angry
Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by Pearlyakin(m): 12:47pm On Aug 24, 2019
AnanseK:

Are you from the developer tribe?
I am from the Oduduwa region
Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by Nobody: 12:49pm On Aug 24, 2019
Bro what do you want guys to do in this country no employment no government assistance for the youth to start something for themselves so tell me why the internets scam will not be the highest employer of labour
bonnylight003:
EFCC...should take note....

All this Yahoo boys should not be overlooked..
Sars should also step up dia game...

Internet scam wan become the highest employee of labour for naija..
Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by Empiree: 12:50pm On Aug 24, 2019
Tedpgrass:

There's a difference between the rule of law and a few people behaving in ways that depict gross inhumanity and is definitely illegal.
It happens in a few places, and is not a general consensus. Efforts are in place to minimise the use of jungle justice..

fine. But public heading im talking about is not jungle justice but euphemism for saying a very harsh judgement should be handed down for criminal upon conviction even if it takes public beheading. You do this once and you get to sit everyone behave positively.

Yes, there will be public outcry but it will be shortlived. See Iran, china, Saudi. They execute criminals upon conviction. If Nigeria is able to do to a politician, you get to see a new Nigeria.
Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by Elvis778(m): 12:57pm On Aug 24, 2019
Clean2016:
This is the ripple effect of the scam issue as it affects Nigeria. Few committed the crime but unfortunately all of us may have to pay for it.

They are regarded as Nigerians

Oga wetin na??
This is the "FAKEST" news so far.....
Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by incentive: 12:58pm On Aug 24, 2019
Chai......!!!
What a mess to a whole Country¿¿.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Importance Of Bank Verification Number (BVN) / How Naira Went From N525/$1 To N400/$1 In 3 Days / Nigerian Bank With The Best Domiciliary Account System?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.