Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,697 members, 7,955,636 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:35 AM

US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? (73416 Views)

Fidelity Bank Restores Transfers To Opay, Moniepoint, And Palmpay / Bill Gates Drops In Billionaire Ranking After Stock Transfers To Ex-Wife / GT Bank Stops Customers From Withdraws And Transfers From Domiciliary Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by Preshob(m): 12:59pm On Aug 24, 2019
Avedonn:
I think it's high time Federal Government allow Igbos secede from the federation. They contribute nothing if not crime and hatred.

In federal Union, each region is expected to contribute something meaningful such as natural resource or raw materials but igbos contribute nothing to the federation and yet they'd not allow other Nigerians to rest.

At least each region brings something to the federation table except igbos.

North - Crop production and livestock

South West - Timber, crude oil and shipping ports

South South - Crude oil and shipping ports.

South East - Crime, hard drugs, prostitution, scam, fake products such as medicine etc. And now they've come up with a new system of committing crime and pin it on Fulani herdsmen.

Yes, the North engage in terrorism but it mostly affects them and it's internal which most countries are battling with. It has not stopped foreign firms from transacting business with Nigeria. It's a global issue.

Yes, South West engage in fetish monetary ritual but it starts and ends with them. They don't go into other regions to carry out their fetish act. And hasn't stopped foreign firms from transacting business with Nigeria.

But Igbos combined all the negatives other unit of the federation are known for ( kidnapping and armed robbery, money ritual etc). Even the trending internet fraud (Yahoo Yahoo) 80% of them are igbos.

Well, I don't really blame the US bank for not transacting with Nigeria because even me as a Nigerian I always think twice before I engage into any business with igbos and with caution as well.

Another mumu and personified zombie spotted!!!

Which region is controlling the entertainment(nollywood) and sports industry again

Which region is controlling the business sector in the country again

Which region is controlling the manufacturing, import and export sector

I can go on and on to school your illiterate, deluded and bigoted mind, but i have no time for such frivolities.

Meanwhile can you list the states that are part of the oil producing states (NDDC) in Nigeria again My local government in Abia state alone produces more crude oil than cross river as a state.

"Allow Igbos to secede", but you get jittery and scared whenever you see/hear any news related to IPOB.

I condemn in strong terms what the few of my misguided brothers are doing, but i'll forever remain proud of who i am.....I'm proudly Igbo!!

You think it's to sit in your enclave somewhere in Oshogbo or Ibadan and spew rubbish online.
Go and get some education bro!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by King44(m): 1:05pm On Aug 24, 2019
ainas247:
sad Where are these yeyebrities that flooded the internet for Pst fatoyinbo and Busola.
To tell the WORLD that NIGERIA is not a FRAUD Nation.

You won't see them, hypocrites

Rank your business fast on Google
see real result
They are far more than what u called them, bunch of losers forming yeyebrity
Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by Osobi32(m): 1:09pm On Aug 24, 2019
Who cares..... WU is long out dated ok. America can tag Nigeria all they want but they are worse in crime than the entire African continent. If they further the investigation u will be to know that an American is involved
Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by nduchucks: 1:10pm On Aug 24, 2019
No cause for alarm.

The pics attached by the OP shows that the bank is a miserably capitalized one, with a branch in a grocery store.

There remains thousands of locations in the US from which western union transfers can be made to Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by Tedpgrass: 1:14pm On Aug 24, 2019
Empiree:
fine. But public heading im talking about is not jungle justice but euphemism for saying a very harsh judgement should be handed down for criminal upon conviction even if it takes public beheading. You do this once and you get to sit everyone behave positively.

Yes, there will be public outcry but it will be shortlived. See Iran, china, Saudi. They execute criminals upon conviction. If Nigeria is able to do to a politician, you get to see a new Nigeria.

I see the picture you're painting.
But guess what, given the state of affairs as they currently stand..
It will be an innocent bystander or victim of political witchhunting that will be the unfortunate recipient!!!

As long as there are people in the corridors of power that are known to have exceedingly very dirty hands, that remain untouched, this remains a pipedream!!

1 Like

Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by zeedof(m): 1:26pm On Aug 24, 2019
IamSoProlific:
Old piece of sh!t, even if they do, btc n carts gat us lity anytime, any day. It's even the best all round.

Yeye people
whatsapp 08124077686
Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by Nobody: 1:31pm On Aug 24, 2019
StoneLucifer:

Sorry u forgot to include ritual killing and adultery under south west..

I am deeply depressed when people failed to sympathize with the Igbos over the situation that caused this stigmatization. The rituals you mentioned above is very high in that region, only Ebonyi is clean, very clean. I agree with adultery in south west but that is nothing compared to prostitution which your ladies called hustling. I am so shocked to see them in large numbers in Mali, Ivory Coast and even in Senegal.

The reason is the courage of very hardworking, determined and intelligent people who have been frustrated and cheated by the Nigeria system. They are not happy in Nigeria but Nigeria enslaved them. They cannot beg or live a parasitic life, so, they want to make it at all cost. Whenever I visit Onitsha main market, Ariara (Aba), Alaba and ASPAMDA, I always salute the courage and enterprising spirit of Ibos. No tribe in Africa have such spirit.

It is the survival tendency and competition among age grade that made the IGBO to go the way of crime. The Igbo's create wealth, the Nigerian system creates injustice, they have to look for ways to survive.

The age long duplicity of political system in yoruba land has not allowed one strong body like Igbos to evolve. Until there is a body with an agenda similar to Igbos in yoruba land, revolution or secession cannot be possible.
Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by xpool(m): 1:33pm On Aug 24, 2019
GreenWhiteGreen:
Alright. Legit guys don't use western union let alone those into fraud. There are several options now. cool FK WU.

Stop making things more difficult for us
Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by iamJ(m): 1:34pm On Aug 24, 2019
ednut1:
If you dig deeper you would find out its an old pic. So many dundees on the net. Does anyone still use western money to transfer money Smh. There are over 100 websites u can use to transfer money to a nigerian account from abroad in 10 minutes. Abeg
a date was written

Continue announcing yourself
Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by ednut1(m): 1:43pm On Aug 24, 2019
iamJ:
a date was written

Continue announcing yourself
12th When were the boys casted 22nd. And they never used western union.
Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by Newboss(m): 1:49pm On Aug 24, 2019
poweredcom:
This no be new news na old story western Union and money gram don de target Nigerians especially if an American is sending.money to nigeria

But when a Nigerian is sending money to Nigeria they will allow it na

These days people use other means to send money to naija na hahaha na Dem go.loose na

Oga in America and Europe you can send western Union from a shopping mall ok

Western Union point agent and I don't think there are in the USA banks

Na only mall and agents people de use

The post says bank.
Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by Temptee101(m): 1:52pm On Aug 24, 2019
Avedonn:
I think it's high time Federal Government allow Igbos secede from the federation. They contribute nothing if not crime and hatred.

In federal Union, each region is expected to contribute something meaningful such as natural resource or raw materials but igbos contribute nothing to the federation and yet they'd not allow other Nigerians to rest.

South East - Crime, hard drugs, prostitution, scam, fake products such as medicine etc. And now they've come up with a new system of committing crime and pin it on Fulani herdsmen.

Yes, the North engage in terrorism but it mostly affects them and it's internal which most countries are battling with. It has not stopped foreign firms from transacting business with Nigeria. It's a global issue.

Yes, South West engage in fetish monetary ritual but it starts and ends with them. They don't go into other regions to carry out their fetish act. And hasn't stopped foreign firms from transacting business with Nigeria.

But Igbos combined all the negatives other unit of the federation are known for ( kidnapping and armed robbery, money ritual etc). Even the trending internet fraud (Yahoo Yahoo) 80% of them are igbos.

Well, I don't really blame the US bank for not transacting with Nigeria because even me as a Nigerian I always think twice before I engage into any business with igbos and with caution as well.
Hopeless thing forming posh, do you or your generation have any hope of using Western Union till the end of time.

Like Awo like other yorubas, sniper is the cure

2 Likes

Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by Ireblessingss: 1:52pm On Aug 24, 2019
lyriclekidd:

Lol i dunno oh boys done ask me tire. I dunno bruh.

LOL
Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by poweredcom(m): 1:54pm On Aug 24, 2019
Newboss:

The post says bank.

Yes bank but most people in America use shopping mall and western Union agent in gas station much than banks I de tell you

Na Dem sabi if Dem like make Dem shut down the service na Dem westeee loose customer na
Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by Mizwisdom(f): 1:57pm On Aug 24, 2019
36STATES:

Why do you take delight in mis-informing people? What do you gain?
HEB is a private supermarket in San Antonio TX. It's not a Bank.
You are really miserable and despicable.

Clean2016, you should be arrested for fake news. DSS please do the needful

Yahoo boys, God punish you all
Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by Nobody: 2:03pm On Aug 24, 2019
SouthSouth1914:

Not only are they corrupt, the provide a safe haven for money laundering! Where did all the moneys stolen from our national treasury go to?

The USA, U.K stifle the economy of underdeveloped countries without any recourse, isn’t this corruption of the highest order? They introduced IMF during the 70’s or so and that was the end of the Nigerian naira... the naira never bounced back till date!

Go to Pakistan or Russia, they have the most sophisticated scammers/fraudsters.. But they never make front pages, but when it comes to Nigeria, it becomes public glare in order to tarnish the images of hard working Nigerians home and abroad all in vain to stereotype them!

Read the news and see how almost 8 Britons smuggled hard drugs into Australia.. they do this all the time and they never get stereotyped!! Why must the black man pay for the sins of the whites?

Why must the average Nigerian pay for the sins of the political elites in this country? Your answer you can find in George Powell’s ANIMAL FARM!!

Sorry I couldn't read the epistle.. that was a waste
Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by SouthSouth1914: 2:09pm On Aug 24, 2019
Hanks0000:

Sorry I couldn't read the epistle.. that was a waste

Wasn’t meant for you.
Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by kay29000(m): 2:13pm On Aug 24, 2019
lyriclekidd:
Yhyh use cards and bitcoin.

Usa forming holier than thou. Nigeria boys no run fraud reach those yankee boys. Them lil baby, young dolph, roddy rich are fucking credit card scammers. Bs stupid country don't quote me abeg make i no swear give you.

True sha...but they have stopped since they blew up big and FBI had eyes on them.
Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by AceVentura: 2:24pm On Aug 24, 2019
Heb isn’t a bank. It’s a supermarket chain.

So sad about what my country people have done.
Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by Kingluqman(m): 2:30pm On Aug 24, 2019
If dem no send money, dem go send card na
Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by srclark: 3:05pm On Aug 24, 2019
airsaylongcon:

Actually he was arrested on Aug 6th. The news only broke in Aug 16th here in Nigeria
it is still fake news what sort of bank has so many shopping carts who and what are they pushing may God deliver us from all this bloggers and fake news
Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by Omonoba1: 3:12pm On Aug 24, 2019
airsaylongcon:

Actually he was arrested on Aug 6th. The news only broke in Aug 16th here in Nigeria
oh okay. I never knew
Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by DHonorable(m): 3:22pm On Aug 24, 2019
Eeeyah!! I understand you don't mean to be bias. But so that you dont get it wrong next time, "Greater population of the igbos are traders". Goto Ariaria market Aba, main market Onisha, computer village Lagos, trade fair Lagos and on and on... u just go to your favorite market around you & do your maths. Emeka is doing well in business wink cheesy Not just that you will be fed if u visit mama emeka, "she go arrange take away for your house hold" cool , "it's not pride, that's why we're igbos".
dotman4real007:
Xmas showoff for east no go dey this Xmas be that.
With FBII in Nigeria already Yahoo boys will start migrating to Benin republic, no dollars to spend this year, mama emeka go count stars this xmas
Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by safetyboot: 3:50pm On Aug 24, 2019
No wahala i will use bitcoin.
Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by nametalkam: 4:05pm On Aug 24, 2019
This will not stop any xmas stuff. Dat has become part of our culture. But Honest and hard working ones surpass criminals across. Show off will still happen. Younger ones and youth will still be amazed and without solid opportunities, some will promise to make it at any cost. Dont forget most of the igbos that own store in your city market do just that..buying and selling and growing their business through cost effective labor of apprentice system.

I will be really amazed if Western Union (not freaking HEB whose biggest revenue stream is selling grocery/food!) stops dealing with Nigeria! You know how much profit Westo have pulled in fees, etc. like Transfer Fee, Official Exchange or lower rate... I stopped dealing with them years ago. Thief company. The most they will do is adjust ID requirements, wait time for more security and verification, etc. If not, the smaller companies win big time and continue to vastly replace their services.

But yes Igbo has been over the news recently and it is just Bad! Eziokwu!
Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by sultanfortune(m): 4:10pm On Aug 24, 2019
Avedonn:

You lack wisdom

Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by sultanfortune(m): 4:11pm On Aug 24, 2019
Avedonn:

You lack wisdom. You are just so foolish with your reasoning.

1 Like

Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by Chepos1(m): 4:32pm On Aug 24, 2019
greenandy:

Wetin concern Islamaaaabad Nigeria with America?

Western education is Haram is spreading fast in Nigeria.

Authorities in Nigeria today maneuver to distance Nigeria from the Western World, brand a large population of one of Nigeria's ethnic group as fraudsters.
The most sophisticated tribe in Nigeria shout Eboes don't spoil our Nigeria pop.

What is this one saying?

Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by juwura101: 4:45pm On Aug 24, 2019
Looks like fake though!
Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by glowingflame7: 4:45pm On Aug 24, 2019
It's unfortunate that the majority are saying there are other options. Little drops of water make a mighty ocean. You don't know the stick the bank or supermarket is currently taking as a result of past deals done there by fraudsters. Do you know some people only send/receive money only through that option for years. You want to do a normal ordinary transaction and you are denied because you are Nigerian. They call and call and check and check and authorize and authorize for something others will get done even without ID. When they start asking for documents as if you want to apply for Express entry or B.Sc in foreign university. You don't know how frustrating and stigmatizing that is.

1 Like

Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by dotman4real007(m): 5:41pm On Aug 24, 2019
DHonorable:
Eeeyah!! I understand you don't mean to be bias. But so that you dont get it wrong next time, "Greater population of the igbos are traders". Goto Ariaria market Aba, main market Onisha, computer village Lagos, trade fair Lagos and on and on... u just go to your favorite market around you & do your maths. Emeka is doing well in business wink cheesy Not just that you will be fed if u visit mama emeka, "she go arrange take away for your house hold" cool , "it's not pride, that's why we're igbos".
Take away right, I am waiting grin
Re: US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? by dotman4real007(m): 5:44pm On Aug 24, 2019
[quote author=anuma1 post=81560098] pained Afonjaaalaja Spoted.[/quote

Pained IPOB spotted

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Importance Of Bank Verification Number (BVN) / How Naira Went From N525/$1 To N400/$1 In 3 Days / Nigerian Bank With The Best Domiciliary Account System?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.