Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,980 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:30 AM

Why Are Canadian Used Cars Cheaper Than American Used Cars? - Car Talk (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why Are Canadian Used Cars Cheaper Than American Used Cars? (26742 Views)

Foreign (canadian) Used 2003 Toyota Camry For Sale. / Foreign (canadian) Used 2009 Mercedes Benz B200 For Sale. / 2006 Matrix Canadian Used. 1.7m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Canadian Used Cars Cheaper Than American Used Cars? by Gazuzz(m): 8:28am On Aug 29, 2019
let me show you a cheap Toyota Camry 2003 I inspected 2 weeks ago and yes it was Toks clean title and cheap.

Re: Why Are Canadian Used Cars Cheaper Than American Used Cars? by diportivo: 8:34am On Aug 29, 2019
obekediamondfuto:

bros no be fight oh but..... u do know that several cases can actually warrant same number with two different monikers

my car was marketed recently on a thread created by someone else and had my phone number as the contact number......

like I said, no be fight oh.... just pointing out

you have time

he says I went to delete number.....sensational cos it has always been like that

who am I to dispute tho

okay

I am amono....I live in Jos

Re: Why Are Canadian Used Cars Cheaper Than American Used Cars? by obekediamondfuto(m): 8:35am On Aug 29, 2019
contrarian:

You think we don't see you trying to form neutral and make yourself look like the good guy

We can all see through your facade

You are just another blind disciple being led by the chains of your master

Carry your fake neutrality and get away from here

brother, Gazuzz has proven himself more than a friend to me severally, at this point he is more like a brother. . ... and so many other people out there feel the same way..... it's a pity he's got only so much love to go around and some people might not receive it!

but I tell u that if he sways extremely to the south.... I'd tell him..... it's as it is......

that being said....prove him wrong with intelligence and not emotions......
it's that simple. .....

don't be a drama queen Bro....

he opened a thread, so what? is he the first to talk about Canadian vehicles....should I quote mine?

so what about him is different?
the timing? or the everlasting hate u have for him?
.stop hating bro, we already have a lot of bad things in Nigeria so no need to add unnecessary wars to the list.....

truthfully if u and ur guys had come here with facts proofs and sources to argue intelligently don't you think we'd have had a better environment in terms of productivity?

someone calls u goat and u act like one so was the person wrong? why not act like a human being and prove him wrong.....

stop all the drama jare....

and BTW I think u are an alternate moniker....

1 Like

Re: Why Are Canadian Used Cars Cheaper Than American Used Cars? by diportivo: 8:38am On Aug 29, 2019
contrarian:

Please next time post with your other monikers

the irony

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Canadian Used Cars Cheaper Than American Used Cars? by Gazuzz(m): 8:38am On Aug 29, 2019
obekediamondfuto:

brother, Gazuzz has proven himself more than a friend to me severally, at this point he is more like a brother. . ... and so many other people out there feel the same way..... it's a pity he's got only so much love to go around and some people might not receive it!

but I tell u that if he sways extremely to the south.... I'd tell him..... it's as it is......

that being said....prove him wrong with intelligence and not emotions......
it's that simple. .....

don't be a drama queen Bro....

he opened a thread, so what? is he the first to talk about Canadian vehicles....should I quote mine?

so what about him is different?
the timing? or the everlasting hate u have for him?
.stop hating bro, we already have a lot of bad things in Nigeria so no need to add unnecessary wars to the list.....

truthfully if u and ur guys had come here with facts proofs and sources to argue intelligently don't you think we'd have had a better environment in terms of productivity?

someone calls u goat and u act like one so was the person wrong? why not act like a human being and prove him wrong.....

stop all the drama jare....

and BTW I think u are an alternate moniker....
Re: Why Are Canadian Used Cars Cheaper Than American Used Cars? by HRtechnique: 8:44am On Aug 29, 2019
obekediamondfuto:

I totally agree....
it must return to its original form same way everything dies (science will fix this issue soon)

just that some conditions might accelerate the death in some organisms.....
as for me and my household.....
as long as there is transparency, anyone should be allowed to buy whatever he/she is buying...

rust oh, rolled back mileage, Indians, Mexicans, South Africans etc the buyer should be informed.

There is a Service Management model that can use this case as an ideal scenario.

RACI
in offering service - in this case - facilitating a sale between two parties, someone needs to be

Responsible for the sale: In this case it is the mediator that is totally responsible to make sure the sale is perfected Ie terms and agreements must be strategic and favour both parties.

Accountable for the sale: so many people are to be held accountable for this sale at the different phases in the sale.... the trucking company, the shipping company, the clearing agent, the buyer, the seller etc

Consulted about the purchase: especially if the buyer(end user) of the product is not an expert in such matters.

Informed about the sale: In this case, the buyer(end user) is responsible for being informed. If he chooses not to be informed about the specification (brand, model, cylinder configurations, gasoline or diesel, functional in desired area of usage etc) then its totally his fault if it doesn't meet his utility needs.

in many cases, the buyer and seller fill in these positions.

also in terms of comparison as regards this thread....
A rusted vehicle can be many times better than a clean title vehicle vehicle that was badly maintained.....

as for the pricing, I'm not a car dealer but those who are authorities in that field can assist us with intelligent arguments not seeing it as a war and siding one person or the other

Now this is very FACT based and logical.
Re: Why Are Canadian Used Cars Cheaper Than American Used Cars? by yehmy(m): 8:52am On Aug 29, 2019
obekediamondfuto:

yes BRO an eye for an eye....
stop being overly dramatic joor.....

like I said intelligent arguments.....
my statement is as neutral as can be....
time unravels everything.....
so if the vehicles are as good as portrayed it should be able to allay all fears .......

and BTW FYI I recommended someone who is actually viewing this thread to your saviour.....
he has asked me this morning if he should still go ahead... and I told him to check my RACI post here....

when the time is right he will speak....
talk about pulling another man down when.....
you should be wary so u don't become the demon you think u are fighting.......

be objective about such things don't put too much emotion into stuff.....
From a perspective I STILL THINK THE TIMING IS OFF....

but from another, if you were to ask urself.... is there a good time to speak the truth (as measured and predicted by one's self)

ask ur self that question and answer urself in an unbiased way....
if you were to have a brother that wants to marry a known and still active olosho and u got to know after engagement.... would u go ahead to inform him or pause because the timing is wrong?

intelligent post BRO, intelligent posts.....
disprove the op.... it's that simple and yes.....

only time will prove people's love for Canada.....
I don't like posting my conversations online but I'm tempted to cos I actually referred at least 2 people to ur guy, one has already contacted him....

and I recommended solely based on their reference for more affordable (cheap) toks vehicles
Seems you are not intelligent enough, i overestimated your sense of reasoning

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Canadian Used Cars Cheaper Than American Used Cars? by obekediamondfuto(m): 8:52am On Aug 29, 2019
contrarian:

Imagine the effontery

These people really think nairalanders are stupid

Just look at the person talking about alternate monikers

You did not see the proof that one of your fellow blind disciples is also a criminal posting with 2 monikers

Diportivo that you always call to post nonsense on peoples threads also has an alternate moniker which has been exposed

If you wont acknowledge that, get away

Your opinions and fake neutrality are worthless

Mr Assumpta, stop assuming with assumptions upandan BRO.....
I wish I can just post conversations.......
Re: Why Are Canadian Used Cars Cheaper Than American Used Cars? by Gazuzz(m): 8:54am On Aug 29, 2019
This vehicle is not Canadian, but the seller confidently sent me the foreign pics and told me it was accident free, I was to buy it at 1.2m

Re: Why Are Canadian Used Cars Cheaper Than American Used Cars? by obekediamondfuto(m): 8:55am On Aug 29, 2019
yehmy:
Seems you are not intelligent enough, i overestimated your sense of reasoning

entirely depends on ur definition of intelligence....
anyways I'm not here to fight but to intermediate and make. u see things rightly....
Re: Why Are Canadian Used Cars Cheaper Than American Used Cars? by Emmah123: 8:59am On Aug 29, 2019
Gazuzz:
There is a reason we all shy away from flooded cars, are all flooded cars bad cars NO, the level of flood, the type of vehicle and the type of water (salt/fresh) is what determines if a vehicle should be considered for purchase and yes there are good cars that have been flooded out there, I sold one this year which was in much better condition than cars that were not flooded.

Are all vehicles from Canada rusted NO some have superficial rust while some are not rusted at all , but there are those that are rust buckets covered in a coat of paint especially the 10/15 year old cars.

First I am a mechanic before being a Cardealer, i sell more cars on WhatsApp and behind the scenes than most of you can imagine, sadly I see a lot of rusted cars on a weekly basis. Someone said and I quote I rather buy a car with a knocked engine than a rusted vehicle. This statement holds true in a lot of cases, you can replace the drivetrain of a vehicle but never it's body, more than once I have bought vehicles with really sharp bodies and interiors but with either a bad engine or transmission, those are replaceable parts and vehicle becomes while again.

In Dec/Jan I got a supply from a nl I have never met for 30 vehicles of the same brand and make to be supplied within a 3week window *I came across a lot of Canadian cars that were much cheaper, there was 1 of them that had a thick tar undercoat to save the vehicle from underbody rust the tar coat will protect the frame but not the individual suspension parts.*

Kewtt
Newbreed2018
Weyrerepy
Antagonist

Are all same and 1 individual, your posts are noted.

I will continue to provide more info on cars and vehicles even if I have to step on toes.

The car sale market is too large to be in competition with any one, still waiting for a client to say I sold him or her a defective vehicle.

As per the timing of this thread, it cannot come at a better time when people are make decisions about cheap deals from a particular region, they will now ask the right questions and request proper feedback, the disadvantage of buying a car from a different country is that when it lands it cannot be returned if you are dissatisfied with what you see.

Someone said there are rusted cars from USA and Europe, yes there are, any region with a lot of snow and salt will have same results.

Because of client confidentiality *I will be unable to post the pics of some cars of clients that are from icy regions* , but what I can tell you is it is more expensive to repair when repairs are needed, jobs that should take 15mins would take the entire day to cut out parts.

I have sent this thread to most of them to share their experiences.

I am sure many of you did not know there where vehicles that are not prone to rusting, well that's the beauty of research and that's why we should take out a little time to research before investing .

I am glad the thread is trending and getting the required views.

The onus now lies on the seller to say this vehicle is from Canada/America/Europe and it is rust free or semi rusted and show proof.

Let us argue technically and not with insults if my view is different from yours, backup your claim with technical data and not emotions. At the end of the day like Somone pointed our some of these cars will find their way to my workshop and I might just be unable to fix them.

The thread continues with more aspects of dealing with rust AFTER Purchase .

This sounds quite educating. However I have a few observations .

I have followed the other Canada car seller thread and as well as this particular thread. Someone mentioned you for the first time on the thread, those defending the Canada guy mentioned that "the bad guys" are already calling their "god".

Your first comment on that thread was disputing that you are not a "god" and that you are going to make a car request from the op just to see how things turn out. Then your next comment was to quote one of the posted cars, I think a Toyota Camry, asking if it is still available. This happened about two weeks or three ago

My question is, are you aware of all the things you posted about cars from icy region, the several cheap Canadian cars you claimed you saw, the tar covered cars you mention in this post and still said you wanted to make a car request from the Canada guy to see how things go in your first or second post in that thread?

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Canadian Used Cars Cheaper Than American Used Cars? by Ogbunigwe2018: 9:04am On Aug 29, 2019
Emmah123:

I have followed the other Canada car seller thread and as well as this particular thread. Someone mentioned you for the first time on the thread, those defending the Canada guy mentioned that "the bad guys" are already calling their "god".

Your first comment on that thread was disputing that you are not a "god" and that you are going to make a car request from the op just to see how things turn out. Then your next comment was to quote one of the posted cars, I think a Toyota Camry, asking if it is still available. This happened about two weeks or three ago

My question is, are you aware of all the things you posted about cars from icy region, the several cheap Canadian cars you claimed you saw, the tar covered cars you mention in this post and still said you wanted to make a car request from the Canada guy to see how things go in your first or second post in that thread?
You shall live long.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Canadian Used Cars Cheaper Than American Used Cars? by dokyOloye: 9:06am On Aug 29, 2019
yehmy:
Very childish of you and i will like to believe you are above 30, well age is just a number it can never match up to the quality / quantity of sense needed from a human being.
When you quote me on the other thread after i point out the fact why Deepwater was always attacking your Oga, i was surprised i was the one you caution and not the person that came in with bad blood. But now i understand that you are either on his payroll or you just want to be in his good book so he can provide lesser price service for him. Too bad when we are eating in someone's plate we find it hard to correct them.
Your statement about next 5years is exactly how you are brought up in your family, have seen your type of household that always feel other people can never achieve a certain height.

Your payroll master keep undermining an individual just because he's stealing all the attention that nairaland is giving his sorry ass, now he's scared and trying to stay relevant i'm certain he's troubled in real life and facing a hard time raising his home no wonder he kept begging his fellow whatsapp slowpoke to come defend him.

About you, this will be my last mention to you. Because my yoruba people will say - "ibi ti o ba ye ki ati ba ogbon" if it's the other way round then you have to leave.
You are reacting emotionally and not logically.
With this reminder,if you were to buy a car from Canada,I know you'll vigorously screen for rust but b/c you have a preconceived notion of beef abt this OP, you want to disparage him and downplay such vital info.
Is it better for ppl to run from the frying pan of severely accidented/ salvaged cars and fall into the fire of rust,though nobody has said all Canadian cars are rusted?
It is a win win situation for buyers from nairaland anyway you look at it.
FYI,I live in Abj,my trade is very far from d auto industry ,don't know this OP, only exchanged few lines on WhatsApp about US spec Mobil oil wt him abt 2 yes ago.
just a car enthusiast.
Peace be unto you.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Canadian Used Cars Cheaper Than American Used Cars? by Gazuzz(m): 9:08am On Aug 29, 2019
Emmah123:

excellent observation. As a mechanic I would have requested for sensitive information before making payment. As said earlier on page 1 of this post, not all Canadian cars are rusted if vehicle had passed my visual inspection I would have paid, I will still buy a car that catches my fancy on that thread, and as a business man who invests I will resell.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Canadian Used Cars Cheaper Than American Used Cars? by Gazuzz(m): 9:10am On Aug 29, 2019
Gazuzz:
This vehicle is not Canadian, but the seller confidently sent me the foreign pics and told me it was accident free, I was to buy it at 1.2m

back to this vehicle, it had serious underbody rust, the entire subframe was gone hence the low pricing .
Re: Why Are Canadian Used Cars Cheaper Than American Used Cars? by Marpol: 9:13am On Aug 29, 2019
Ogbunigwe2018:

The only education am getting here is about a moderator that hides posts.

Let me screengrab these before he strikes as usual.

If you are civil your post will stand.
Re: Why Are Canadian Used Cars Cheaper Than American Used Cars? by Gazuzz(m): 9:14am On Aug 29, 2019
for those of you who think I am getting negative reviews from this, Somone from here just scrolled thru my profile and paid for this vehicle without inspecting it.

https://www.nairaland.com/5382833/toks-2009-toyota-camry-hybrid#81716270

Good luck with the hate. Try and be objective in your arguments

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXktUqNFeIA

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Canadian Used Cars Cheaper Than American Used Cars? by 9icetoo(m): 9:18am On Aug 29, 2019
dannybrasky:
Constarian Abi wetin dem call you! You know what I hardly do? I hardly respond to talks until my mention is called upon! By the way thanks for my mention.

If u want war,kindly use your main moniker,this new one wont get my attention. I no dey for civility shiiit men,use your old moniker and let's take things to the street. But until then choke on my mention.

See finishing. Danny abeg remind me never to cross you.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Canadian Used Cars Cheaper Than American Used Cars? by obekediamondfuto(m): 9:23am On Aug 29, 2019
Gazuzz:
for those of you who think I am getting negative reviews from this, Somone from here just scrolled thru my profile and paid for this vehicle without inspecting it.

https://www.nairaland.com/5382833/toks-2009-toyota-camry-hybrid#81716270

Good luck with the hate. Try and be objective in your arguments

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXktUqNFeIA

baba gee, the truth is that 90percent of these guys ranting upandan are very much aware of the essence of ur thread but the hate they have for u far outweights their love to share knowledge......

they hate u so much it hurts.... many of them will still call u on phone this week to inquire about cars

many of them will still carry their US / Canada rusted vehicles for u to repair......

they are not oblivious of reality but fantasy is their solace and consolation for what they think. u did to them.

it's quite unfortunate....

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Canadian Used Cars Cheaper Than American Used Cars? by obekediamondfuto(m): 9:31am On Aug 29, 2019
dokyOloye:

You are reacting emotionally and not logically.
With this reminder,if you were to buy a car from Canada,I know you'll vigorously screen for rust but b/c you have a preconceived notion of beef abt this OP, you want to disparage him and downplay such vital info.
Is it better for ppl to run from the frying pan of severely accidented/ salvaged cars and fall into the fire of rust,though nobody has said all Canadian cars are rusted?
It is a win win situation for buyers from nairaland anyway you look at it.
FYI,I live in Abj,my trade is very far from d auto industry ,don't know this OP, only exchanged few lines on WhatsApp about US spec Mobil oil wt him abt 2 yes ago.
just a car enthusiast.
Peace be unto you.

baba in real life most of them will still contact the same Gazuzz discreetly to help them check one or two things......

I can bet u that if Gazuzz should open a book and jot down every single number that will call him for assistance this week and next week we search with those numbers, we will all be shocked to the bone.....

they hate him online but secretly admire the young man because of the same reason they hate him......
"his bluntness" .....

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Canadian Used Cars Cheaper Than American Used Cars? by contretemps: 9:32am On Aug 29, 2019
Marpol:

If you are civil your post will stand.

Back in the days I remember something similar about the following moderators who were once in your position.

Chelseabmw
Lomomike

And 2 others in other sections, some as far back as 2009

Ultimately they were relieved of duty in part because they were found to be biased in the discharge of their duties. Back then Seun was very hands-on in his approach

My point is,

I get your point about civility, but don't forget that the only thing constant in life is change

Just nigerian politics should show you that power is very transient and fickle

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Are Canadian Used Cars Cheaper Than American Used Cars? by dokyOloye: 9:35am On Aug 29, 2019
Emmah123:

Bros,these men are like witches in these car issues oo.
1,they know d right questions, pictures etc to ask for and they also know telltale signs to look out for.
Na for 1 of him old thread I learn say if you are buying an engine and see rust signs around d bolts and nuts in d engine then it might've come from a flooded car,apart from other small small tricks like looking for a VIN tag on d engine and running a search cos d damned engine could've knocked or overheated in its donor car.
Abi you know say ppl clear error codes in cars and advertise,showing d instrument cluster as error free while engine has a major error which will manifest after you've driven for certain long miles and probably already paid?
If na that one,comot hand for them for am,though that's cos it's their field.
Of course they would be complete novices in your own field.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Canadian Used Cars Cheaper Than American Used Cars? by contretemps: 9:35am On Aug 29, 2019
As for the other people on both sides reacting emotionally or with facts, all I have to add is that nothing is permanent

I have seen men at the height of their achievements suddenly become nothing

Nothing is permanent

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

Do You Prefer Some Old Models Cars To Their Successors? / My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen! / Automatic Vs Manual My Experience.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.