Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,773 members, 7,809,982 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:16 PM

I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc (14567 Views)

Xiaomi’s Crazy Phone With Wraparound Display To Be The Most Expensive Phone / Which Xiaomi Phone Can I Get That Has AMOLED Display / Samsung Galaxy A20 Vs Infinix S4 Comparison: This Fight Has A Clear Winner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by fowlyansh181(m): 11:48pm On Sep 05, 2019
MeshachMARTINS:
So you people are telling me that the a20 screen is better than LCD on iphones,Sony,HTC,and lg flagship because of one cheap amoled capped at 720p
yes and that’s the sad truth .. seen em live. I own an iPhone XSMax , the A20 was on par with it display wise to the naked eyes..

1 Like

Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by DarkJeddi(m): 11:53pm On Sep 05, 2019
jaymichael:
People still accept paper reviews over users experience. Don't they also read that PIXEL DENSITY and PROCESSOR also determine display output and not just the screen technology employed?
In which way exactly does the PROCESSOR on a phone determine screen quality? shocked

1 Like

Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by DarkJeddi(m): 12:08am On Sep 06, 2019
jaymichael:
For the display on the A20, it is very very poor compared to the RN7. The display on the A30 is good. I can't say for sure which is better. The A30 display is good because it has a high pixel density full HD the PPI is almost at par with the rn7 so a crisp display is naturally expected. RN7 has 409 PPI while the A30 has 403 or thereabouts (I am not so sure) The BEST Amoled display is better than the best LCD but for the low and mid-rangers, PIXEL DENSITY and PROCESSOR play a big part in determining display output.
Lastly, the RN7 display is far superior to the A20 while the A30 is only just marginally better. I use the RN7 and my secretary uses the A20. I have handled both phones well.
You obviously don't know the inherent properties of an AMOLED screen and why it's screen tech is better than IPS LCD or you wouldn't be making all these claims,

The A30 screen is far superior to the RN7,because even the best LCDs look washed out and underwhelming when compared to AMOLEDS,

The A20 the resolution may not be that great but that doesn't stop it from being an AMOLED with properties which the RN7 will never have..

And

IF their screen Resolutions are the same,it stands to reason that the A30 will completely trounce the RN7,just because AMOLEDS are just that better..

And what's all these drivel about the PROCESSOR playing a big role when it comes to midrange screens?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by seankafor(m): 3:02am On Sep 06, 2019
Some people are either just chronic liars or ignorant.

LCD that screen bleeds is what they re comparing to super amoled display? Not amoled ooo...super amoled .

Processor for display? Which school of thought taught you lots that undecided

2 Likes

Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by Nova15: 3:53am On Sep 06, 2019
Seuntek:
I sought for the opinion and advice on the best phone to get for 50k some days ago. I made it clear that i need AMOLED DISPLAY in my device. The Samsung galaxy A20 was extensively suggested. I finally settled for it. The display is fantastic. I think IPS LCD doesn't stand a chance with AMOLED. That's the bitter truth.
The phone is super fast, i installed all the apps i could not install on my Infinix phone due to lagging ish. They all run smoothly. The Samsung galaxy A20 is also very sleek and smart to hold.

Thanks for the suggestion..... The back camera is very ok but the front camera is poor in the dark. That's the truth. But i don't really care about camera.

is the screen a gorilla screen?
Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by seighapaul(m): 8:00am On Sep 06, 2019
CirocBoi:

I have clean Huawei y9 (2019) for sale.... Price 40k

Still available? Pick up location in Lagos? Any follow come accessories and package?
Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by CirocBoi(m): 9:24am On Sep 06, 2019
fowlyansh181:
[s][/s]all this are talks, as someone who owns an iPhone XSMax and have seen the A20 side by side with the iPhone, they are both on par display wise to the naked eyes ... both very very good[s][/s]

Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by fowlyansh181(m): 9:55am On Sep 06, 2019
CirocBoi:
_
no need for all those post /pictures and stuff .. I’m telling you from what I have seen .. I don’t own a Samsung neither do I consider myself a fan .. I am an iOS person , but IRL , both displays are very very good and bright .
Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by DarkJeddi(m): 10:01am On Sep 06, 2019
seankafor:

LCD that screen bleeds is what they re comparing to super amoled display? Not amoled ooo...super amoled .

I've been waiting for the Guy man to explain what he meant by the PROCESSOR being important when it comes to screen tech,seems he's got nothing further to say about that one. shocked
Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by DarkJeddi(m): 10:08am On Sep 06, 2019
[quote author=CirocBoi post=81969589][/quote]And what exactly does showing the Screenshot of Gsmarena specs of the A20 and iPhone supposed to mean?

Somebody uses a phone and is narrating his own personal observation and all you have to say as a rebuttal is to post a Screenshot? shocked
Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by CaseTemplar(m): 10:35am On Sep 06, 2019
fowlyansh181:
all this are talks, as someone who owns an iPhone XSMax and have seen the A20 side by side with the iPhone, they are both on par display wise to the naked eyes ... both very very good.
Baba Which Kind Lie Be This Now shocked shocked shocked

4 Likes

Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by CaseTemplar(m): 10:48am On Sep 06, 2019
fowlyansh181:
yes and that’s the sad truth .. seen em live. I own an iPhone XSMax , the A20 was on par with it display wise to the naked eyes..
You No See Well Abeg grin IPhone XR's (Not Even XS Max) 720P Display Was Put Beside 1080P Displays In A Blind Test And People Were Choosing The XR....Haba Now The IPhone XS Max Screen Is Compared With Samsung's Latest Flagships Like The S10 Plus And Even The Note 10. And You're Calling A20 With 720P 260PPI.Maybe U Just Concluded From Seeing System UI Elements And Icons. Try These Instead.

1: Load High Quality Images On Both Panels At Different Battery Life, Highest Brightness, Reading Mode Off. Get These Test Images From Pixabay And Pin Interest.

2: Load A 1080P or Better A 4K Video On Each Screen And Draw Conclusions.

3: Download Screen Test or Display Tester From the App Store Or Play Store And Run A Test.... U Can Also Detect Burn In Or Screen Bleed....

Have A Nice Day... smiley wink

3 Likes

Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by fowlyansh181(m): 2:34pm On Sep 06, 2019
CaseTemplar:
You No See Well Abeg grin IPhone XR's (Not Even XS Max) 720P Display Was Put Beside 1080P Displays In A Blind Test And People Were Choosing The XR....Haba Now The IPhone XS Max Screen Is Compared With Samsung's Latest Flagships Like The S10 Plus And Even The Note 10. And You're Calling A20 With 720P 260PPI.Maybe U Just Concluded From Seeing System UI Elements And Icons. Try These Instead.

1: Load High Quality Images On Both Panels At Different Battery Life, Highest Brightness, Reading Mode Off. Get These Test Images From Pixabay And Pin Interest.

2: Load A 1080P or Better A 4K Video On Each Screen And Draw Conclusions.

3: Download Screen Test or Display Tester From the App Store Or Play Store And Run A Test.... U Can Also Detect Burn In Or Screen Bleed....

Have A Nice Day... smiley wink
you are working with papers tests here, and I know if I had calmed down and look deeper I’ll notice differences , but to my normal eyes, both were okay and very bright and colorful and on par.

3 Likes

Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by fowlyansh181(m): 2:41pm On Sep 06, 2019
CaseTemplar:
Baba Which Kind Lie Be This Now shocked shocked shocked
no need lying , I’m telling you exactly what I experienced from a friend’s phone .. mine is the iPhone, his is the Samsung A20, I have no reason to defend or argue for Samsung stuffs I don’t even value , but straight up handling and operating both phones, the display on both were extremely good and almost if not on par to my eyes.. I wasn’t comparing anything or trying to find faults with the phone , I just operated the phone and gave it back.

3 Likes

Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by seankafor(m): 3:06pm On Sep 06, 2019
fowlyansh181:
no need lying , I’m telling you exactly what I experienced from a friend’s phone .. mine is the iPhone, his is the Samsung A20, I have no reason to defend or argue for Samsung stuffs I don’t even value , but straight up handling and operating both phones, the display on both were extremely good and almost if not on par to my eyes.. I wasn’t comparing anything or trying to find faults with the phone , I just operated the phone and gave it back.
baba..proof no further..

Let them argue with their ancestors..

By the way ur money long cheesy

4 Likes

Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by Edokingdom: 4:19am On Sep 07, 2019
jaymichael:
For the display on the A20, it is very very poor compared to the RN7. The display on the A30 is good. I can't say for sure which is better. The A30 display is good because it has a high pixel density full HD the PPI is almost at par with the rn7 so a crisp display is naturally expected. RN7 has 409 PPI while the A30 has 403 or thereabouts (I am not so sure) The BEST Amoled display is better than the best LCD but for the low and mid-rangers, PIXEL DENSITY and PROCESSOR play a big part in determining display output.
Lastly, the RN7 display is far superior to the A20 while the A30 is only just marginally better. I use the RN7 and my secretary uses the A20. I have handled both phones well.
amoled is better than ips any day,anytime thank you, forget long Grammer, a30 is better than rn7 display, even a20 is better than washed ips screen on rn7,
the technology used in superamoled makes it to be unique and not just ppi,,, u can differentiate it from other phones just by looking at the screen , u can tell which is amoled or not ,

1 Like

Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by Mike23r: 7:38am On Sep 07, 2019
i also used xsmax and A30..the a30 display stay stornger anyday anytime...

1 Like

Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by Mike23r: 7:43am On Sep 07, 2019
Edokingdom:

amoled is better than ips any day,anytime thank you, forget long Grammer, a30 is better and rn7 display, even a20 is better than washed ips screen on rn7,
the technology used in superamoled makes it to be unique and not just ppi,,, u can differentiate it from other phones just by looking at the screen , u can tell which is amoled or not ,

xiaomi sef dey use amoled on flagship...nah whey he dey give them good SD on midranges

1 Like

Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by jaymichael(m): 5:39pm On Sep 07, 2019
DarkJeddi:
I've been waiting for the Guy man to explain what he meant by the PROCESSOR being important when it comes to screen tech,seems he's got nothing further to say about that one. shocked
I don't school super ignorant folks except they pay me. Just for free, the more powerful processors have a better GPU intergrated in the SOC (System on a Chip) which results in better display output alongside being able to play more advanced games than less powerful processors. Why do we have different display quality among LCDs screens of same pixels density, same for AMOLEDs ?
If you know why mobile phone processors are called 'SYSTEM on CHIP', you will understand this fact.
Lastly, I know about AMOLED SCREENS and they have better display than LCDs but the display of the RN7 is far superior than that on the A20 as I have handled both phones. Screen technology alone doesn't determine the display output of devices.

6 Likes

Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by jaymichael(m): 5:40pm On Sep 07, 2019
Mike23r:

xiaomi sef dey use amoled on flagship...nah whey he dey give them good SD on midranges
The reason why they use Amoled displays is for the ON SCREEN FINGERPRINT SCANNER whose technology for now is not available on LCDs
Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by Mike23r: 9:55pm On Sep 07, 2019
why de
jaymichael:
The reason why they use Amoled displays is for the ON SCREEN FINGERPRINT SCANNER whose technology for now is not available on LCDs

why dem no used oled
Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by jaymichael(m): 6:05am On Sep 08, 2019
Mike23r:

why de

why dem no used oled
why go for half done beans when the people prefer 'ewa agoyin' AMOLED is the advanced version of OLED with additional layer of TFT. DYNAMIC AMOLED, SUPER AMOLED or SAMOLED so nicknamed are all marketing nomenclature employed by Samsung to tell you that this Amoled display on these devices are DIFFERENT and BETTER that those ones but in reality, they are just basically the same technology with little "improvements" to improve and increase the clarity and vibrancy of the display which in most cases the difference is not too visible to the naked eyes. Same for LCD screens and LCDs employing ips technology to improve display.
I stopped caring about display technology when I moved from those mtk6xxxx devices to snapdragon6xx devices. If you place my old gionee x1s with say Galaxy no 4 of 5 years ago, the display difference far pass Lagos to Maiduguri. I placed my former Lenovo k5 pro with a pleasant oleophobic glass coating, Aside any good super Amoled display, the Amoled displays didn't "WOW" me anymore. That was way I didn't buy the Samsung A30 which was my preferred device I opted for the RN7 because of the MIUI and Infrared sensor which I still find useful. The Amoled display which would have been a "decider" doesn't tickle me anymore due to the high quality display on the RN7 which to me there isn't any "significant difference" with the A30's Amoled display.
I may buy an Amoled device but not one with ON SCREEN FINGERPRINT SENSOR because I am not a fan of ON SCREEN FINGERPRINT SCANNER OEMs emoloy these days.
sometimes these things are a matter of choice and what works for you. I prefer the Galaxy Note 9 to the 10 or 10+ buy that doesn't make it better.

2 Likes

Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by Fayulas: 9:58am On Sep 08, 2019
samsard:
Work on your typing oga. I'd have showed you screenshots of my device spec as read by CPU Z, but I won't. grin grin
oga don't be bothered with this man statement, please I wanted to learn from you biko
Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by OluwasureGig: 11:09am On Sep 08, 2019
jaymichael:
why go for half done beans when the people prefer 'ewa agoyin' AMOLED is the advanced version of OLED with additional layer of TFT. DYNAMIC AMOLED, SUPER AMOLED or SAMOLED so nicknamed are all marketing nomenclature employed by Samsung to tell you that this Amoled display on these devices are DIFFERENT and BETTER that those ones but in reality, they are just basically the same technology with little "improvements" to improve and increase the clarity and vibrancy of the display which in most cases the difference is not too visible to the naked eyes. Same for LCD screens and LCDs employing ips technology to improve display.
I stopped caring about display technology when I moved from those mtk6xxxx devices to snapdragon6xx devices. If you place my old gionee x1s with say Galaxy no 4 of 5 years ago, the display difference far pass Lagos to Maiduguri. I placed my former Lenovo k5 pro with a pleasant oleophobic glass coating, Aside any good super Amoled display, the Amoled displays didn't "WOW" me anymore. That was way I didn't buy the Samsung A30 which was my preferred device I opted for the RN7 because of the MIUI and Infrared sensor which I still find useful. The Amoled display which would have been a "decider" doesn't tickle me anymore due to the high quality display on the RN7 which to me there isn't any "significant difference" with the A30's Amoled display.
I may buy an Amoled device but not one with ON SCREEN FINGERPRINT SENSOR because I am not a fan of ON SCREEN FINGERPRINT SCANNER OEMs emoloy these days.
sometimes these things are a matter of choice and what works for you. I prefer the Galaxy Note 9 to the 10 or 10+ buy that doesn't make it better.
guy I swear you be xiaomi marketer. shuuu
Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by Mike23r: 11:40am On Sep 08, 2019
jaymichael:

i i also that onscreen finger print..Amoled is better than LCD anyday anytime..if nah 720p amoled sef..it bettr quadhd lcd screen
Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by jaymichael(m): 12:54pm On Sep 08, 2019
OluwasureGig:

guy I swear you be xiaomi marketer. shuuu
If that's what you understand from what I wrote, then you have serious comprehension problems.

3 Likes

Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by jaymichael(m): 12:55pm On Sep 08, 2019
Mike23r:

i i also that onscreen finger print..Amoled is better than LCD anyday anytime..if nah 720p amoled sef..it bettr quadhd lcd screen
That isn't the basis of the argument.
Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by Mike23r: 2:34pm On Sep 08, 2019
jaymichael:
That isn't the basis of the argument.

Amoled is better than LCD period..
..Dynamic amoled. have hdr+
fluid amoled presence of 90hz refresh rate.
Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by dannlukas(m): 4:59pm On Sep 08, 2019
Guess d bodyguard Nd fridge came wt d fone grin
Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by ajericho(m): 9:46pm On Sep 08, 2019
mactoni91:
Oga trust me... If i use your tecno, Phone will crash. Here are few samples of my apps. Get them and come back
na which Samsung be this aneg? shocked
mactoni91:
Oga trust me... If i use your tecno, Phone will crash. Here are few samples of my apps. Get them and come back
na which Samsung be this aneg?
Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by OHIsIManuEL(m): 11:20pm On Sep 08, 2019
seankafor:

What do you think is the difference between amoled and super amoled?
Super amoled na just marketing name arranged by samsung to make it look like super amoled is actually super to amoled whereas no be so.
https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-difference-between-an-AMOLED-and-Super-AMOLED-display
So samsung screens don't bleed?
I'm not interested in this argument but alot of you just come here with false facts and unverified truths
Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by DeyGee(m): 11:18am On Sep 09, 2019
Good morning

Welcome to DeyG Fix Tech
Below are The prices of our UK used phones

Iphone Xsmax (64gb)- 330K
IPhone X (64gb) - 225K
IPhone 8+ (64gb) - 180K
IPhone 8 (64gb) - 130k
Iphone 7+(256gb)- 147k
IPhone 7+ (128gb) - 135K
IPhone 7+ (32gb) - 127k
IPhone 7 (32gb) - 80k
IPhone 6S+ (64gb) - 85k
IPhone 6S+ (32gb) - 80k
IPhone 6S+ (16gb) - 75k
IPhone 6S (32gb) - 62k
IPhone 6S (16gb) - 55k
IPhone 6+ (64gb) - 70k
IPhone 6+ (16gb) - 65k
IPhone 6 (64gb) - 56k
Iphone 6 (32gb) - 50k
IPhone 6 (16gb) - 45k
IPhone 5S (16gb) - 30K
IPhone 5S (32gb) - 25k
IPhone5S (64gb) - 35K
Iphone 5 (16gb) - 25K

Samsung S9+ - 140k
Samsung S9 - 115k
Samsung S8+ - 90k
Samsung S8 - 70k
Samsung S7edge - 65k
Samsung S7 - 45k
Samsung S6edge - 48k
Samsung S6edge+ - 65k
Samsung S6 - 40k
Samsung S5 - 30k
Samsung S4 - 22k
Samsung Note 9 - 160K
Samsung note 8 - 120K
Samsung note 5 - 50k

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Help...!!! With Site I Can Download Movies On My Phone / How To Make Use Of Gionee Amiclone To Share SMS, Call Log, Apps E.t.c / Get FREE 6.25GB Of Data On GLO Network (See How)!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.