Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,827 members, 7,810,173 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:28 PM

I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc (14570 Views)

Xiaomi’s Crazy Phone With Wraparound Display To Be The Most Expensive Phone / Which Xiaomi Phone Can I Get That Has AMOLED Display / Samsung Galaxy A20 Vs Infinix S4 Comparison: This Fight Has A Clear Winner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by Sofistcatdmoron: 12:12am On Sep 04, 2019
samsard:
You're a joker. Lmao, that's like saying all ACs are the same.
There's a ton of difference besides display resolution, don't even go there.
NB, I use a FHD OLED display device.
dont be a novice, what is the meaning of FHD,, its still highest resolution ,( 1920 x 1080 pixels) but samsung a20 screen is not full hd becauseof lower resolution ( 720 x 1560 pixels) stop deceiving your self and go make research ,Google is free, you should "lmao" on yourself
samsung s10 is superamoled fhd display, while a20 is superamoled but not fhd

Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by Seuntek(m): 12:34am On Sep 04, 2019
Living2Living:
How much did you buy the A20??
#51,500 at SLOT. #1000 3D protective glass...
Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by samsard(m): 2:02am On Sep 04, 2019
Sofistcatdmoron:

dont be a novice, what is the meaning of FHD,, its still highest resolution ,( 1920 x 1080 pixels) but samsung a20 screen is not full hd becauseof lower resolution ( 720 x 1560 pixels) stop deceiving your self and go make research ,Google is free, you should "lmao" on yourself
Admit you don't know it all. Display resolution is JUST one aspect. Max nit brightness differs on different panels, contrast, colour accuracy. These are all factored in, you can't just wake up and say that the difference between 2 OLED panels is just the PPI. 2 1080p displays can both be OLED and be of different grade!

1 Like

Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by samsard(m): 2:05am On Sep 04, 2019
Sofistcatdmoron:

Are you really trying to educate me on display resolutions grin grin grin grin Funny stuff. I took less RAM to have a better display on my last phone with phones of similar price-points. So, what were you saying again?
Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by Sofistcatdmoron: 2:11am On Sep 04, 2019
samsard:
Admit you don't know it all. Display resolution is JUST one aspect. Max nit brightness differs on different panels, contrast, colour accuracy. These are all factored in, you can't just wake up and say that the difference between 2 OLED panels is just the PPI. 2 1080p displays can both be OLED and be of different grade!
get lost you dont understand my point before i was talking of Samsung amoled displays on in different s10 and a series mobiles,, if you think you know all, give reference ,
i just corrected you ,you actually dont know the meaning of fhd,,, u actually thought it a kind of technology,grin, ,
for ur informstion, amoled, superamoled and oled display are all different technology,
superamoled is from samsung and is the better among others, i dont argure baseless argument, give referenceor else bye

1 Like

Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by samsard(m): 2:21am On Sep 04, 2019
Sofistcatdmoron:

get lost you dont understand my point before i was talking of Samsung amoled displays on in different s10 and a series mobiles,, if you think you know all, give reference ,
i just corrected you ,you actually dont know the meaning of fhd,,, u actually thought it a kind of technology,grin, i dont augure baseless argument, give referenceor else bye
What the Bleep? I don't know the meaning of FHD?? Do you know how many hours raked in on the phone section here on nairaland alone before I outgrew smartphone enthusiasm grin
Yet I know what pixel density is?? shocked
Pointless discussions like this is why I rarely visit this section m
Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by Sofistcatdmoron: 2:31am On Sep 04, 2019
samsard:
What the Bleep? I don't know the meaning of FHD?? Do you know how many hours raked in on the phone section here on nairaland alone before I outgrew smartphone enthusiasm grin
bros give us reference or go and sleep oga,,
different between samsung Superamoled display devices
Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by samsard(m): 2:52am On Sep 04, 2019
Sofistcatdmoron:

bros give us reference or go and sleep oga,,
different between samsung Superamoled display devices
No time for this kain talk. You have Google as a resource. I won't give you references just to massage my own ego.
Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by Sofistcatdmoron: 8:58am On Sep 04, 2019
samsard:
No time for this kain talk. You have Google as a resource. I won't give you references just to massage my own ego.
then you have no idea what u r saying, get lost since you cant back up your claims,,
Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by chiboyjohn: 9:13am On Sep 04, 2019
samsard:
i read your comments,
simply state the difference between two superamoled display like he asked you and give reference or site shots, , stop beating around the bush,
i dont like people talking what they dont know much about, thinking that know,, u dont seem to have a technical idea of what you are saying,,
almost all superamoled screen are
16M colors,different resolution and different ppi
Resolutio, unless dynamic amoled which is a newer
type of amoled display with a better tech
Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by OHIsIManuEL(m): 9:37am On Sep 04, 2019
Lol, many many ignorant people here, one is claiming all amoled displays are the same.
grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by samsard(m): 11:20am On Sep 04, 2019
chiboyjohn:

i read your comments,
simply state the difference between two superamoled display like he asked you and give reference or site shots, , stop beating around the bush,
i dont like people talking what they dont know much about, thinking that know,, u dont seem to have a technical idea of what you are saying,,
almost all superamoled screen are
16M colors,different resolution and different ppi
Resolutio, unless dynamic amoled which is a newer
type of amoled display with a better tech
Your problem, Mr. I have compared several devices on the same screen resolution side by side and they aren't the same. Seeing how you type, I should be accusing you of technical deficiencies in punctuation. My time no longer goes into proving shit to smartphone noobs who feel like authorities. You're free to believe whatever tickles you. grin
Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by samsard(m): 11:22am On Sep 04, 2019
Sofistcatdmoron:

then you have no idea what u r saying, get lost since you cant back up your claims,,
Jobless mo'fucker. I don't get paid to prove anything to you.
Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by Sofistcatdmoron: 11:32am On Sep 04, 2019
samsard:
Your problem, Mr. I have compared several devices on the same screen resolution side by side and they aren't the same. Seeing how you type, I should be accusing you of technical deficiencies in punctuation. My time no longer goes into proving shit to smartphone noobs who feel like authorities. You're free to believe whatever tickles you. grin
shut up , the time you wasted typing a long a epistle ,
you wouldn't need half of it just to back up ur claim with evidence, or screen shot, ,rather u keep spewing trash like a typical uneducated herdsmen, , we know your type, if you are educated at least you should give some technical parameters,

1 Like

Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by samsard(m): 11:48am On Sep 04, 2019
Sofistcatdmoron:

shut up , the time you wasted typing a long a epistle ,
you wouldn't need half of it just to back up ur claim with evidence, or screen shot, ,rather u keep spewing trash like a typical uneducated herdsmen, , we know your type, if you are educated at least you should give some technical parameters,
I won't give. Go ahead and drink otapiapia cheesy
Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by Sofistcatdmoron: 12:52pm On Sep 04, 2019
samsard:
I won't give. Go ahead and drink otapiapia cheesy
its obvious ,from the onset , i know u can't because u know nothing grin
mr fhd

3 Likes

Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by samsard(m): 7:09pm On Sep 04, 2019
Sofistcatdmoron:

mr fhd
I still won't give. tongue
Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by samsard(m): 7:12pm On Sep 04, 2019
Sofistcatdmoron:

mr fhd
Work on your typing oga. I'd have showed you screenshots of my device spec as read by CPU Z, but I won't. grin grin
Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by TYglobal: 7:42pm On Sep 04, 2019
Benediktejike:

Ure saying nonsense, honestly. I had the option of choosing eida samsung a30 or rn7. I chose a30 cos of the screen and earpiece.. then, i told my sister to get rn7( cos of the plenty hype). The phone is just fine on the internet.. i hated it wen i saw it with my sister. Even my secind sister that was planning to buy it before chabged her mind abd said she would go for a30 instead.U cn never compare the useless display to that of a30... like "why the hell would u say that". You really lied... even the body of the rn7 is a bit off. Say the truth..

Look at this one lying anyhow, there's no one that have seen redmi note 7 in my hands and have not admired it ....no one ......and I'm using the 3gb ram version and I don't even have the complains you're having talk less of if it were the 4gb ram version.

3 Likes

Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by Sofistcatdmoron: 7:54pm On Sep 04, 2019
samsard:
Work on your typing oga. I'd have showed you screenshots of my device spec as read by CPU Z, but I won't. grin grin
i never demanded for your cpuz screenshots, oga,,stop covering your ignorance,,
i dont argue with lunatics, quote me if you are a bigger lunatic
Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by samsard(m): 8:17pm On Sep 04, 2019
Sofistcatdmoron:

i never demanded for your cpuz screenshots, oga,,stop covering your ignorance,,
i dont argue with lunatics, quote me if you are a bigger lunatic
Are you trying to blackmail me to stop from bullying you grin grin grin
I still won't send it tongue tongue
Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by Benediktejike: 8:29pm On Sep 04, 2019
TYglobal:

Look at this one lying anyhow, there's no one that have seen redmi note 7 in my hands and have not admired it ....no one ......and I'm using the 3gb ram version and I don't even have the complains you're having talk less of if it were the 4gb ram version.
My argument with u was the display and the body. Pls, read what i said. The truth is that the a30 is slowing down. I replied u and also wrote that oda post u attached almost the same time. I am not hiding anything oga.
Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by CirocBoi(m): 8:00am On Sep 05, 2019
TYglobal:

Boss don't mind him jare, a20 that has a weak processor and plastic body that can be easily scratched, he's comparing with rn7.... I have redmi note 7 3gb ram 32gb rom and I play Wii and GameCube games at minimum of 30 fps ..... My 128gb memory card is filled with Wii ROMs.... DNT mind the joker...their a20 can't even play psp games smoothly talkless of wii

3 Likes

Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by CirocBoi(m): 10:52am On Sep 05, 2019
Kpako1:
on heavy usage how long does the battery last?

Depending on how u use it, normally continuously gaming for like 4hrs takes like 55% battery....
Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by KolaDream: 11:32am On Sep 05, 2019
https://www.dreamworksdirect.com/deals-and-promotions/
Massive Clearance

Seuntek:
I sought for the opinion and advice on the best phone to get for 50k some days ago. I made it clear that i need AMOLED DISPLAY in my device. The Samsung galaxy A20 was extensively suggested. I finally settled for it. The display is fantastic. I think IPS LCD doesn't stand a chance with AMOLED. That's the bitter truth.
The phone is super fast, i installed all the apps i could not install on my Infinix phone due to lagging ish. They all run smoothly. The Samsung galaxy A20 is also very sleek and smart to hold.

Thanks for the suggestion..... The back camera is very ok but the front camera is poor in the dark. That's the truth. But i don't really care about camera.
Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by jaymichael(m): 10:40pm On Sep 05, 2019
Edokingdom:

even a dead super amoled screen is better any ips screen on redmi7, no wonder xiaomi used amoled screen on redmi note 8
cost of amoled replacement screen = 30k or higher
cost of replacement ips screen on redmi note 7 = 8k or lower
a20/30 display is more vibrant more colourfull and better than your xiaomi ips
For the display on the A20, it is very very poor compared to the RN7. The display on the A30 is good. I can't say for sure which is better. The A30 display is good because it has a high pixel density full HD the PPI is almost at par with the rn7 so a crisp display is naturally expected. RN7 has 409 PPI while the A30 has 403 or thereabouts (I am not so sure) The BEST Amoled display is better than the best LCD but for the low and mid-rangers, PIXEL DENSITY and PROCESSOR play a big part in determining display output.
Lastly, the RN7 display is far superior to the A20 while the A30 is only just marginally better. I use the RN7 and my secretary uses the A20. I have handled both phones well.

4 Likes

Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by jaymichael(m): 10:43pm On Sep 05, 2019
MeshachMARTINS:
So you people are telling me that the a20 screen is better than LCD on iphones,Sony,HTC,and lg flagship because of one cheap amoled capped at 720p
People still accept paper reviews over users experience. Don't they also read that PIXEL DENSITY and PROCESSOR also determine display output and not just the screen technology employed?
Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by OluwasureGig: 10:52pm On Sep 05, 2019
Tnnig:
Samsung A20 for sell in PH 5 months old with a cracked screen
how much. I'm in transamadi
Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by fowlyansh181(m): 11:41pm On Sep 05, 2019
seankafor:
you guys even bring your lying sprees even on sundays? undecided

So apparently you re saying Samsung are fools or bluffing on use of super amoled display used on a series or that there isn't any clear difference between super amoled and ips LCD?
Or that you need google lens glasses in other to see the clear crisps and picture details in the super amoled screen unlike the LCD?
i have an iPhone XSMax, my friend owns a Samsung A20, the display is sharper and on par with my iPhone XSMax . Anybody dissing the display on the Samsung is just hating .. I don’t own any Samsung stuff, just an experience I witnessed first hand

1 Like

Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by fowlyansh181(m): 11:44pm On Sep 05, 2019
CirocBoi:

Since you are the CEO of AMOLED display at Samsung headquarter, please can you tell us why Samsung didn't use dynamic amoled(the same AMOLED featured on the s10) on their "A" series ? No doubt AMOLED is a great display but AMOLED has grade...... Or you want to say super AMOLED is better than dynamic or fluid AMOLED that is found on oneplus 7..... If the super AMOLED is that great Samsung would have featured it on its s10 series or note 10, and mind you Samsung used super AMOLED on their s9 series but don't forget that phone has QHD+ display and a very high ppi that's why the super AMOLED looks great on it, the a20 has a very low ppi and it's just hd+ display so don't expect it to look very crisp because you guys are generalizing AMOLED forgetting the way the OEM implemented it that really sums it all,AMOLED on a 4k display with a very high ppi will look extremely crisp compared to AMOLED on an HD display with a low ppi..... The fluid AMOLED on the OnePlus 7 is far better than the dynamic amoled on s10
all this are talks, as someone who owns an iPhone XSMax and have seen the A20 side by side with the iPhone, they are both on par display wise to the naked eyes ... both very very good.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Get FREE 6.25GB Of Data On GLO Network (See How)!!! / Banned From Using Whatsapp Who Has Encountered It? / How To Make Use Of Gionee Amiclone To Share SMS, Call Log, Apps E.t.c

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.