Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,619 members, 7,823,710 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:44 PM

Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? (23726 Views)

Is God Really Against Taking Alcohol Or Just Against Excess Of It? / 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol / Pastor Arinze Okoli Mmaduabuchi: "Gay Is Not A Sin” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by chiefolododo(m): 1:05pm On Sep 01, 2019
silibaba:
Go and read Deuteronomy 14:23-29. You will see that even the money you are giving to pastor as tithe is meant for alcohol/beer/strong drink/wine

Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by Kapeter(m): 1:05pm On Sep 01, 2019
No, it's not.
Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by olayemioshiyemi: 1:05pm On Sep 01, 2019
silibaba:
Go and read Deuteronomy 14:23-29. You will see that even the money you are giving to pastor as tithe is meant for alcohol/beer/strong drink/wine

Many are mad but few are roaming . ....mad people everywhere.
Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by greatermeme: 1:05pm On Sep 01, 2019
Why move Rubbish to the front page?

1 Like

Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by akpunda86: 1:06pm On Sep 01, 2019
chymes0359:
Good morning Nairalanders ..

Please i want to know your stance on this topic I won't bore you with long epistle write up.

Today is sunday as we all know am a christian and I want to know wether taking alcohol responsiby is a sin.
Am asking because I have this brother from my church telling that its a sin, even when I have not taking it in a way that got me to a stupor..

Waiting for you guys..
Happy Sunday..

ARE YOU A CHOSEN?OR A FIRE? WELL IS NOT A SIN BUT GOOD FOR SOME AND BAD FOR OTHERS.same way meat good for you bad for vegetarians.but if u tell me ur pastor said no, truly i say to u that ur pastor dey shayo

1 Like

Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by sacx: 1:06pm On Sep 01, 2019
Acidosis:

No real Christian would sit with you to discuss this kind of topic.

And why is that please?
Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by frowland(m): 1:07pm On Sep 01, 2019
9jawitch:
I think it's a sin because too much of everything isn't good, besides over eating too is a sin
lol
Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by Krisbikevisuals: 1:08pm On Sep 01, 2019
I need answers to this trend ooo

Hey Fellow Nairalanders kindly help me build my photography page on Instagram by following me at krisbike.visuals
I will follow back immediately ✌️
Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by ChykeSucre23: 1:08pm On Sep 01, 2019
It's not a sin but could lead you to sin. However, excess of it is a sin. Bible says shun all appearances of evil.

I your hand would lead you to sin cut it off!!! I alcohol will make you sin avoid it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by seniormallam(m): 1:09pm On Sep 01, 2019
the body can produce the little amount of alcohol needed itself, so why not take what the body cannot produce itself?,
ask venita @bbn the effect of alcohol, thunder fire you to big brother, if she's evicted now they will say it's village people that killed her career, meanwhile alcohol killed it.

1 Like

Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by BobiNick(m): 1:09pm On Sep 01, 2019
No its not.
Now the first question you should ask yourself is do you really know the meaning of sin?

Many people going to churches and forming Christianity don't even know what is sin or not. Do you know that sin has nothing to do with the physical but rather the spirit being. Whatever you take or wear or do in the physical has nothing to do with sin. Sin is a product of the inner spirit being.

For example if you have an intention to kill someone and you proceed to kill that person you have sinned because that intention was already produced from your inner spirit being which is the part of every body that God sees. If you had no intention to kill someone and it happened as a mistake and you never ever thought in your mind to do such then you have not committed a sin in the eyes of God.

In regards to the intake of alcohol be it excessively or not, it all goes back to the inner spirit being. Alcohol has an influence on someone's thinking and if you are not spiritual enough to handle it, it could make you imagine the wrong things and can lead you to loose control of youself and carry out such wrong action in the physical. Now that's sin because he alcohol has already made you think of doing wrong and you went ahead to carry out such wrong doings in the physical.
But in a situation were you take alcohol and think of wrong doings and you over come that wrong in the physical, you have not committed a sin because God sees the spirit mindset that you are thinking evil, so does the devil as well. Now the devil is pushing you through your spirit being to manifest that action in the physical because when you do that is when you have sinned against God as the physical is of the devil. But when you resist to carry out such act in the physical then you have defeated the devil in both physical and spiritual and you have pleased God.

Bottom line here is that whatever you do or take in the physical can only be sin when it is manifested wrongly from your spiritual being.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by judedwriter(m): 1:10pm On Sep 01, 2019
Avoid all appearances of evil. 1 thess 5:22. Even if it comes in the shape of a bottle!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by Benprass(m): 1:10pm On Sep 01, 2019
Everyone is saying we should not get drunk that is when it is sin

So we can fornicate but not in excess
We can rob, kidnap, kill, destroy,
Etc but not in excess

What is bad is bad even if is small or big.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by martineverest(m): 1:10pm On Sep 01, 2019
I don't take alcohol.....I don't think taking alcohol is a sin

1 Like

Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by MT: 1:10pm On Sep 01, 2019
Ask yourself, can anyone (including those who had commented on this topic) listen to you preach to them after openly take one bottle of trophy "responsibly" or smelling of alcohol. Your honest response will give you the answer you seek.

2 Likes

Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by femtex007(m): 1:10pm On Sep 01, 2019
OTayobami:
If you know it's making you misbehave just stop it but if you can control yourself and know the extent you take it to then you can take it bible doesn't condemn alcohol
??
Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by AdonaiAluminium: 1:10pm On Sep 01, 2019
Alcohol is alcohol wether big or small but wether sin or no sin, let your conscience judge.

Contact us for all your roofing jobs and roof maintenance services etc
Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by sylve11: 1:11pm On Sep 01, 2019
9jawitch:
I think it's a sin because too much of everything isn't good, besides over eating too is a sin

am happy you didn't affirm it that it is a sin. cool
Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by Arespect10: 1:12pm On Sep 01, 2019
It's prohibited and sin according to both MUSLIMS & CHRISTIANS
Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by babtoundey(m): 1:12pm On Sep 01, 2019
Well, I am here to learn and unlearn. From all the comments, it can be established that you can drink alcohol but abstain from getting drunk. Moderate drinking of alcohol is not a sin. Does that mean that one can MODERATELY involve in adultery and fornication, after all, it is too much of everything that is a sin?
Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by Ijaya123: 1:13pm On Sep 01, 2019
There is no place in the Bible where taking alcohol is termed as a sin.

Any other preaching outside the Bible is mere heresy.

babtoundey:
Well, I am learn to learn and unlearn. From all the comments, it can be established that you can drink alcohol but but abstain from being drunk. Moderate drinking of alcohol is not a sin. Does that mean that one can MODERATELY involve in adultery and fornication, after all, it is too much of everything that is a sin?

No sir. Adultery and fornication were categorically termed as sin.

9 Likes

Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by Neonkeon(m): 1:16pm On Sep 01, 2019
I'm not a pastor correct me if I'm wrong the question is this is there any pathway towards committing sin like do I have to take too much of it to know its a sin... I think from my point of view its wrong.....sin is sin big or small can you put a small snake in your trouser because its small....Their is no criteria or pathway towards committing sin, in the Bible Jesus said if you look at a woman lustfully you have already committed sin....its a sin desist from alcohol
Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by meobizy(f): 1:17pm On Sep 01, 2019
What did Jesus and his disciples do all the time?
Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by deltateam: 1:17pm On Sep 01, 2019
9jawitch:
it's not if u don't get drunk

To avoid the smoke, its best to stay out of the kitchen. Alcohol itself damages the body system. The Bible calls the body, the temple of God. Why will you want to damage it. You are enjoined to offer your body to God as a living sacrifice holy and acceptable to Him.

Remember Lot's daughters offered him alcohol and took turns in sleeping with him to bear abomination.

Alcohol makes it tipsy and can cloud your judgment or weaken your morality.

Its better not to drink.

4 Likes

Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by Emmanuel226(m): 1:17pm On Sep 01, 2019
it is not only a sin, but a destruction to ur life and internal organs cool shocked
#words of a doctor

1 Like

Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by puredigital(f): 1:17pm On Sep 01, 2019
Bible is against getting drunk! Why? When you are drunk there are chances of going out of your senses and you being under the influence of alcohol. In this, you find yourself committing sin. At the same time, when you start taking alcohol before you know it becomes an addiction that's when you will always want to drink like 12 bottles and stupor before being satisfied. So for our benefit as a Christian it is advisable to stay away from it before we are addicted to it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by OTayobami(m): 1:19pm On Sep 01, 2019
femtex007:
??

Baba, what i mean is that if you're always in the bottle, stop it, that's when it bad/sin but if you know yourself when drinking (till you're through) then you're safe Bible didn't say that taking alcohol was bad......wo! I no fit type long story cause am feeling sleepy, if you like take, if you like nor take
Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by kokomaster3d: 1:20pm On Sep 01, 2019
This is what the Holy Bible said in Deutoronomy 14:26

24If the place of worship is too far from your home for you to carry there the tithe of the produce that the LORD has blessed you with, then do this: 25Sell your produce and take the money with you to the one place of worship.
26Spend it on whatever you want — beef, lamb, wine, beer — and there, in the presence of the LORD your God, you and your families are to eat and enjoy yourselves.

KJV

26And thou shalt bestow that money for whatsoever thy soul lusteth after, for oxen, or for sheep, or for wine, or for strong drink, or for whatsoever thy soul desireth: and thou shalt eat there before the Lord thy God, and thou shalt rejoice, thou, and thine household,desireth: Heb. asketh of thee

1 Like

Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by motorola(m): 1:20pm On Sep 01, 2019
The problem we have is most folks infuse our own knowledge into the Bible, taking alcohol is never a sin, it only becomes a sin when it’s makes other people fall into sin.
chymes0359:
Good morning Nairalanders ..

Please i want to know your stance on this topic I won't bore you with long epistle write up.

Today is sunday as we all know am a christian and I want to know wether taking alcohol responsiby is a sin.
Am asking because I have this brother from my church telling that its a sin, even when I have not taking it in a way that got me to a stupor..

Waiting for you guys..
Happy Sunday..

2 Likes

Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by Angelfrost(m): 1:20pm On Sep 01, 2019
MRsettingz:
is committing sin responsibly a sin?

With all due respect sir, that is a very obtuse question.

3 Likes

Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by Fuckyoumod: 1:21pm On Sep 01, 2019
Deuteronomy 14:26 And thou shalt bestow that money for whatsoever thy soul lusteth after, for oxen, or for sheep, or for wine, or for strong drink, or for whatsoever thy soul desireth: and thou shalt eat there before the LORD thy God, and thou shalt rejoice, thou, and thine household,
Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by Emmanuel226(m): 1:21pm On Sep 01, 2019
OTayobami:
If you know it's making you misbehave just stop it but if you can control yourself and know the extent you take it to then you can take it bible doesn't condemn alcohol
d bible condemns alcohol, pls check proverbs 31Vs4,revelation 1vs6,revelation 5vs10 and luke 1vs 14-15 tank me later cool shocked

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Marry In Your 20s To Avoid Nagging In Your 30s – Prophet Ritabbi To Ladies / Sex: A Trusted Tool In The Hands Of The Devil / Pastor Paul Enenche: Compulsory Vaccination Is From The Pit Of Hell (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.