Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,666 members, 7,823,884 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:25 PM

Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? (23727 Views)

Is God Really Against Taking Alcohol Or Just Against Excess Of It? / 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol / Pastor Arinze Okoli Mmaduabuchi: "Gay Is Not A Sin” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by DissTroy(m): 1:57pm On Sep 01, 2019
Acidosis:

No real Christian would sit with you to discuss this kind of topic.
Oddly, most Christians are the first to ask questions. It's the reason why Christianity's traditions and doctrines are the most debated and, where necessary, revised. Like paying for indulgence, for example.
Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by ibechris(m): 1:57pm On Sep 01, 2019
CHM11:
So many great guys in the bible drank alcohol. Even Jesus too changed water to wine and was known to drink and eat with strangers and sinners. And yes, Jesus drank alcohol that's why some people accused him of being a drunk and a glutton in Mathew 11:19.

Even getting drunk and sleeping as u said is not a sin, but if it becomes addictive and takes the place of worship in your life then it is a sin as you are placing alcohol over God.

U nailed it...

Be free from these gods of men. Most of them are empty vessels. Study the word of God yourself, read and meditate for a discerning spirit. Nothing is more beautiful than being a free true christian. It is a beautiful religion!!!.
Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by Sidneyjack: 1:58pm On Sep 01, 2019
Is not if you are not drunk.
Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by Apos2kay(m): 1:58pm On Sep 01, 2019
You are very correct,
safarigirl:
What the Bible is against, is doing anything in excess.

There is a point you take alcohol, that you begin work worship it. It becomes an addiction you can't live without, replacing the place of God in your life

It is the same thing with food, which is gluttony. You begin to worship food when you eat it too much

Same thing with love of money, which is greed.

Basically, all things should be done with moderation, including intake of alcohol. Drink, but don't get drunk
Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by favour32(m): 1:58pm On Sep 01, 2019
Take alcohol moderately and maintain your engine (liver) with ingredients like lime,mint leaves and honey.
Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by mastermaestro(m): 2:01pm On Sep 01, 2019
CHM11:
So many great guys in the bible drank alcohol. Even Jesus too changed water to wine and was known to drink and eat with strangers and sinners. And yes, Jesus drank alcohol that's why some people accused him of being a drunk and a glutton in Mathew 11:19.

Even getting drunk and sleeping as u said is not a sin, but if it becomes addictive and takes the place of worship in your life then it is a sin as you are placing alcohol over God.

Be free from these gods of men. Most of them are empty vessels. Study the word of God yourself, read and meditate for a discerning spirit. Nothing is more beautiful than being a free true christian. It is a beautiful religion!!!.

JESUS drank alcohol? You need to be flogged with cane to expel the demon of foolishness out of you.

Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by Apos2kay(m): 2:01pm On Sep 01, 2019
Uncle, too much destroys, even the doctors recommends alcohol, try and Google search the benefits of alcohol.. So don't say what you don't know
Emmanuel226:
so taking alcohol is not a sin na?,but it destroys ur internal organs,dont worry oh,continue,it is not a sin, until dem don admit u for hospital u go know,wetin u carry hand do urself angry sad
Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by Analog95(m): 2:01pm On Sep 01, 2019
Go back to your bible and read the 10 laws God gave to moses. is there any of the laws that states that " Thou shall not drink alcohol"? If it is there, then drinking if alcohol is a sin but if it is not there, it isn't a sin. it is just that Nigerians are just one kind of people who overdo things. They are the ones bringing out new laws. They will tell you that a woman putting on trouser is a sin, a man sagging his trouser is a sin, a man piercing ears is a sin. for the fact that it is immoral in the African society doesn't mean it is a sin to God.
Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by 19naia(m): 2:01pm On Sep 01, 2019
Why did Jesus turn Water into Wine?

Wine to the people in those days, was very crucial to staying healthy because the alcohol added antiseptic quality to their lives in a time when hygiene treatments and medicines were not as developed as today.

Wine in Particular is medically associated with very good health properties and you have very old age people taking it and attributing it to their longevity, as well as sports champions like Marathon runners who said it gives them the properties they use to win the race.

Beer and spirits are not as good for daily drinking unless used for cooking or for soaking herbs to extract the medicinal properties for use when you are ill.
Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by Offpoint: 2:02pm On Sep 01, 2019
looseweight:
Don't think so. However there is what science calls genetic polymorphism it involves how our genetic make up determine what we consume and react with.
For instance, Mr A can drink alcohol to stupor and nothing happens while Mr B will take just one bottle and becomes detrimental to him.
My conclusion is to know the type of system you have before embarking on any mission.
My system can't stand Alcohol, only the smell can make me stagger...

Just one sip of Don Simon, I lost my senses for an hour
Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by Nobody: 2:03pm On Sep 01, 2019
chymes0359:
Good morning Nairalanders ..

Please i want to know your stance on this topic I won't bore you with long epistle write up.

Today is sunday as we all know am a christian and I want to know wether taking alcohol responsiby is a sin.
Am asking because I have this brother from my church telling that its a sin, even when I have not taking it in a way that got me to a stupor..

Waiting for you guys..
Happy Sunday..

I don't know why people keep asking this dumb question about alchohol..
I think what you should be asking yourself is if alchohol is good for your health. which we all know very well that its not.

Keep looking for mean to justify your dirty and unhealthy habits. Tar ta..

1 Like

Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by Apos2kay(m): 2:08pm On Sep 01, 2019
Bro this is old testament, we are now in the Era of new testament, Jesus turn water to wine, do u think its fruit wine, well let me burst ur bubbles, the wine which the Bible referred to is an alcoholic wine, back in those days the wine they drink is called Ale, why do you think the people commented that the wine Jesus brought was far sweeter than the one they took earlier
Stakekay1:
Let beer be for those who are perishing, wine for those who are in anguish! Proverb 31 :6. The Bible clearly states when to take alcohol, if you don't want to perish don't take. Simply put alcohol is a sin.
Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by Apos2kay(m): 2:09pm On Sep 01, 2019
Alcohol intake is good for the health, too much of it is bad
Jewessgratitude:

I don't know why people keep asking this dumb question about alchohol..
I think what you should be asking yourself is if alchohol is good for your health. which we all know very well that its not.

Keep looking for mean to justify your dirty and unhealthy habits. Tar ta..
Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by OnPointMan(m): 2:10pm On Sep 01, 2019
newsynews:

Look at this one. It's people like you I hate. You go about with false doctrine and boast as if that is exactly what the Bible teach. You are even subtly telling people to stay away from pastors. Now let's examine your claim.

Which great guys drank alcohol? Perhaps, you think the word wine means alcohol Everytime it is mentioned.

Jesus didn't drink wine, he was only falsely accused of being a drunkard. Let's see the passage clearly.

Luke 7:33-34 King James Version (KJV)
33 For John the Baptist came neither eating bread nor drinking wine; and ye say, He hath a devil.
34 The Son of man is come eating and drinking; and ye say, Behold a gluttonous man, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners!

John was only eating locust and wild honey, he didn't like normal food. For that, they said he had a devil. Did John have a devil? No. This means he was falsely accused.

Jesus loved normal food and drink etc eater, non-alcoholic wine, but those false accusers called him a glutton and a drunkard. According to you, because those people accused Jesus if drinking alcohol, then it means he use to drink it. Why not also believe it when they said he was a drunkard and a glutton?

Look at this one! grin grin sad angry
Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by femi4: 2:11pm On Sep 01, 2019
chymes0359:
Good morning Nairalanders ..

Please i want to know your stance on this topic I won't bore you with long epistle write up.

Today is sunday as we all know am a christian and I want to know wether taking alcohol responsiby is a sin.
Am asking because I have this brother from my church telling that its a sin, even when I have not taking it in a way that got me to a stupor..

Waiting for you guys..
Happy Sunday..
Health wise, Alcohol has more cons than pros . You have no biz with it, if its not for treatment of an ailment

Waiting for Bible reference before you know how to treat your body is unfortunate
Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by Elobless: 2:12pm On Sep 01, 2019
God said to man in garden of Eden, eat every tree in d garden except for d fruit of knowledge and evil. Paul admonished us that what ever that will cause to sin we should avoid it, he also said that to save our brothers in faith whose faith is not strong yet we should avoid what may make them sin. that same Paul said am privilege to do many things but for Christ he gave them up. Alcohol is not bad as u want to hear, but ask ur self this question what benefit am getting in taking it? what effect does it have over me? what is d message am passing to unbeliever who is watching me?what about babies in d faith will they grow?. for d disadvantage alcohol has is far more than d benefit.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by genkins(m): 2:13pm On Sep 01, 2019
olayemioshiyemi:

Many are mad but few are roaming . ....mad people everywhere.
Have u read the scripture he posted? Typical Nigerian
Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Sep 01, 2019
newsynews:

Look at this one. It's people like you I hate. You go about with false doctrine and boast as if that is exactly what the Bible teach. You are even subtly telling people to stay away from pastors. Now let's examine your claim.

Which great guys drank alcohol? Perhaps, you think the word wine means alcohol Everytime it is mentioned.

Jesus didn't drink wine, he was only falsely accused of being a drunkard. Let's see the passage clearly.

Luke 7:33-34 King James Version (KJV)
33 For John the Baptist came neither eating bread nor drinking wine; and ye say, He hath a devil.
34 The Son of man is come eating and drinking; and ye say, Behold a gluttonous man, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners!

John was only eating locust and wild honey, he didn't like normal food. For that, they said he had a devil. Did John have a devil? No. This means he was falsely accused.

Jesus loved normal food and drink etc eater, non-alcoholic wine, but those false accusers called him a glutton and a drunkard. According to you, because those people accused Jesus if drinking alcohol, then it means he use to drink it. Why not also believe it when they said he was a drunkard and a glutton?

Look......let me just tell u something...

Sense will not kill you o jarè
Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by Emmanuel226(m): 2:16pm On Sep 01, 2019
Gulher:
lol one of the spirikoko christians on nairaland. Just calling her because she may have something interesting to say
ok bro cheesy
Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 2:17pm On Sep 01, 2019
chymes0359:
t

Okay..
So once am drunk its a sin?
Even if am drunk and went to sleep nko?
it isn't a sin but certain things make it a sin. Your body is God's temple and when you drink to stupor, you begin to act stupid thereby making God's image look stupid.

These re bible verses. Read. There's no sin in drinking.

Even gambling. The reason gambling was blacklisted in the Bible is because back in those days, wherever gamblers were found, you tend to see prostitutes and alcoholic drinks which when taken in excess, can lead to grave sins. Imagine you go to gamble and you re offered wine to keep drinking then you get drunk and you because of alcohol influence decide you want to bed a woman and there you see a prostitute... One thing leads to the other there by leading to the ultimate dishonor of God.

Like they say, prevention is better than cure. I can stay in my house and drink as much as I want so long as I don't make a fool out of myself. Jesus turned water into wine(alcoholic beverage not grape juice). If it was a sin, he wouldn't give people wine to drink even at the last supper.

1 Like

Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by Emmanuel226(m): 2:18pm On Sep 01, 2019
Virginkpekus:

It's worth it bro...even you who doesn't drink will die one day. Tomorrow isn't guaranteed for anybody!
true talk bro cool shocked
Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by obembet(f): 2:18pm On Sep 01, 2019
silibaba:
Go and read Deuteronomy 14:23-29. You will see that even the money you are giving to pastor as tithe is meant for alcohol/beer/strong drink/wine

U come spoil everything... Lols
Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by Emmanuel226(m): 2:19pm On Sep 01, 2019
Apos2kay:
Uncle, too much destroys, even the doctors recommends alcohol, try and Google search the benefits of alcohol.. So don't say what you don't know
ok oooo undecided
Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by OnPointMan(m): 2:19pm On Sep 01, 2019
Benprass:
Everyone is saying we should not get drunk that is when it is sin

So we can fornicate but not in excess
We can rob, kidnap, kill, destroy,
Etc but not in excess

What is bad is bad even if is small or big.
Shallow mind will not kill you IJN(Amen) angry angry
Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by paddyofboss(m): 2:20pm On Sep 01, 2019
MT:
Ask yourself, can anyone (including those who had commented on this topic) listen to you preach to them after openly take one bottle of trophy "responsibly" or smelling of alcohol. Your honest response will give you the answer you seek.
Yes in the west they will over a bottle of beer. Be guided bro
Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by Wahlz(m): 2:22pm On Sep 01, 2019
judegive34:
See below
Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by iCauseTrouble: 2:22pm On Sep 01, 2019
obembet:

U come spoil everything... Lols
Happy Sunday
Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by OnPointMan(m): 2:24pm On Sep 01, 2019
Neonkeon:
I'm not a pastor correct me if I'm wrong the question is this is there any pathway towards committing sin like do I have to take too much of it to know its a sin... I think from my point of view its wrong.....sin is sin big or small can you put a small snake in your trouser because its small....Their is no criteria or pathway towards committing sin, in the Bible Jesus said if you look at a woman lustfully you have already committed sin....its a sin desist from alcohol

This is why we say nairaland should give us the DISLIKE button angry
Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by ffo(m): 2:25pm On Sep 01, 2019
Larryfest:
You take alcohol or you don't it really doesn't matter cos we are all sinners if we have to go by everything the Bible says....Nobody holy pass,you will b amazed at the sins the brother telling you such commits himself if you get the chance to hear or see some of it..
Why do you keep abusing this phrase of nobody holy pass?
Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by obembet(f): 2:25pm On Sep 01, 2019
iCauseTrouble:

Happy Sunday

U disappears when i need you.
Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by iCauseTrouble: 2:26pm On Sep 01, 2019
obembet:

U disappears when i need you.
DM?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Marry In Your 20s To Avoid Nagging In Your 30s – Prophet Ritabbi To Ladies / Sex: A Trusted Tool In The Hands Of The Devil / Pastor Paul Enenche: Compulsory Vaccination Is From The Pit Of Hell (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.