Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,721 members, 7,820,505 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:07 PM

Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? (23717 Views)

Is God Really Against Taking Alcohol Or Just Against Excess Of It? / 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol / Pastor Arinze Okoli Mmaduabuchi: "Gay Is Not A Sin” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by Emmanuel226(m): 8:08pm On Sep 01, 2019
shegzmartinsduke:
i know people dat did not drink but died of accident,some even died of sickness,so u can even die b4 the so called drunks
ok bro undecided true talk cool
Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by Truefaith: 8:11pm On Sep 01, 2019
Check this issue up with your Bible OPEN at

www.thetruechristianfaith.com
Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by Emmanuel226(m): 8:13pm On Sep 01, 2019
shegzmartinsduke:
a doctor that can not read and understand,did u see dont drink in any of those verses? mind u,i'm a gynob
abeg no vex,i no be doctor, for now oh, but na wetin be gynob
Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by Emmanuel226(m): 8:16pm On Sep 01, 2019
shegzmartinsduke:
pardon me,i think u are the confused one,the bible says those perishing,not those that will perish.it simply means,those in pains
na him i dey talk na, abi are u d perishing or are u wishing to be one? undecided cheesy
Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by newsynews: 8:19pm On Sep 01, 2019
TVSA:

It is like it is hard for you to understand a simple passage. Read from vs 22 again, slowly this time .

Deuteronomy 14:22-29 KJV
Thou shalt truly tithe all the increase of thy seed, that the field bringeth forth year by year. [23] And thou shalt eat before the Lord thy God, in the place which he shall choose to place his name there, the tithe of thy corn, of thy wine, and of thine oil, and the firstlings of thy herds and of thy flocks; that thou mayest learn to fear the Lord thy God always. [24] And if the way be too long for thee, so that thou art not able to carry it; or if the place be too far from thee, which the Lord thy God shall choose to set his name there, when the Lord thy God hath blessed thee: [25] Then shalt thou turn it into money, and bind up the money in thine hand, and shalt go unto the place which the Lord thy God shall choose: [26] And thou shalt bestow that money for whatsoever thy soul lusteth after, for oxen, or for sheep, or for wine, or for strong drink, or for whatsoever thy soul desireth: and thou shalt eat there before the Lord thy God, and thou shalt rejoice, thou, and thine household, [27] And the Levite that is within thy gates; thou shalt not forsake him; for he hath no part nor inheritance with thee. [28] At the end of three years thou shalt bring forth all the tithe of thine increase the same year, and shalt lay it up within thy gates: [29] And the Levite, (because he hath no part nor inheritance with thee,) and the stranger, and the fatherless, and the widow, which are within thy gates, shall come, and shall eat and be satisfied; that the Lord thy God may bless thee in all the work of thine hand which thou doest.

God told them to eat their tithe in a place where he'll choose for them. But if the place is far, they should convert it to money and use it to buy whatever they want for themselves. Then he went further to tell them to remember the levites and the poor and give them their own portion also so that they might have something to eat. In all the verses, please show me where in the above that talked about sacrificing anything to God or you're importing your own interpretation?

You also talking about colon, you obviously don't know how colons are used in sentences. Colon is used to separate two independent clauses when the second explains or illustrates the first. The second part of Deuteronomy 14:26 explains the first part. What they are to eat is what they used their money to buy.

Do you now understand?

God didn't tell them to eat their tithe. If I tithe oxen and sheep, can my stomach contain it all? God simply said the tithe should be brought to his house. It is the priest that now decides what to do with them as commanded by God. He take this portion, gives to the Levites and a feast is held for everyone to eat. Nowhere is it written that each individual should eat his tithe.

The tithe provides food in God's house, and that food is what you, the strangers and widows eat every time they come to the temple. The tithe is not for you to sit down at the temple and eat it yourself. Can you finish a full cow in one sitting?

Take note of the below phrase

and thou shalt eat there before the Lord thy God

Notice that it doesn't say "thou shall eat It there. Had it been that that's what it said, then your stance that people are to eat their tithe is justified. Rather, it says we should eat at the temple. Nowhere is it stated that it is the tithe we bring that we are to consume.

Now, to your talk of colon, you should know that you are wrong especially as my above explanation shows that what is to be eating is not stated as the tithe which is brought. But according to you, it is the tithe, which means we are also to drink strong drink. The same strong drink the bible warns against several times? This shows that those things aren't to be eating by you but offered as sacrifice to God. But you still think it means they will be burnt that same day. No. They will serve as food everyday and only once in a while do they burn them as burnt offering to God.

Strong drink as used several times in the Bible is always accompanied with offering it to God among other sacrifices. How it suddenly became what we are to drink is what baffles me. We are not to drink it because God earned against drinking alcohol in Proverbs 23. He said we shouldn't even look at it. Yet you say we are to drink it. This clearly shows that the other items e.g sheep and oxen listed alongside strong drink are not to be touched when offered as tithe.
Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by TVSA: 8:34pm On Sep 01, 2019
newsynews:

God didn't tell them to eat their tithe. If I tithe oxen and sheep, can my stomach contain it all? God simply said the tithe should be brought to his house. It is the priest that now decides what to do with them as commanded by God. He take this portion, gives to the Levites and a feast is held for everyone to eat. Nowhere is it written that each individual should eat his tithe.

The tithe provides food in God's house, and that food is what you, the strangers and widows eat every time they come to the temple. The tithe is not for you to sit down at the temple and eat it yourself. Can you finish a full cow in one sitting?

Take note of the below phrase

and thou shalt eat there before the Lord thy God

Notice that it doesn't say "thou shall eat It there. Had it been that that's what it said, then your stance that people are to eat their tithe is justified. Rather, it says we should eat at the temple. Nowhere is it stated that it is the tithe we bring that we are to consume.

Now, to your talk of colon, you should know that you are wrong especially as my above explanation shows that what is to be eating is not stated as the tithe which is brought. But according to you, it is the tithe, which means we are also to drink strong drink. The same strong drink the bible warns against several times? This shows that those things aren't to be eating by you but offered as sacrifice to God. But you still think it means they will be burnt that same day. No. They will serve as food everyday and only once in a while do they burn them as burnt offering to God.

Strong drink as used several times in the Bible is always accompanied with offering it to God among other sacrifices. How it suddenly became what we are to drink is what baffles me. We are not to drink it because God earned against drinking alcohol in Proverbs 23. He said we shouldn't even look at it. Yet you say we are to drink it. This clearly shows that the other items e.g sheep and oxen listed alongside strong drink are not to be touched when offered as tithe.

Do you have problem with English Language or you're being mischievous on purpose?
Where in the passage did God talk about temple or priest? Why are you bringing your own interpretation to a well self explained text?
Deuteronomy 14:23

New International Version
Eat the tithe of your grain, new wine and olive oil, and the firstborn of your herds and flocks in the presence of the LORD your God at the place he will choose as a dwelling for his Name, so that you may learn to revere the LORD your God always.

New Living Translation
Bring this tithe to the designated place of worship—the place the LORD your God chooses for his name to be honored—and eat it there in his presence. This applies to your tithes of grain, new wine, olive oil, and the firstborn males of your flocks and herds. Doing this will teach you always to fear the LORD your God.

English Standard Version
And before the LORD your God, in the place that he will choose, to make his name dwell there, you shall eat the tithe of your grain, of your wine, and of your oil, and the firstborn of your herd and flock, that you may learn to fear the LORD your God always.

Berean Study Bible
And you are to eat a tenth of your grain, new wine, and oil, and the firstborn of your herds and flocks, in the presence of the LORD your God at the place He will choose as a dwelling for His Name, so that you may learn to fear the LORD your God always.

New American Standard Bible
"You shall eat in the presence of the LORD your God, at the place where He chooses to establish His name, the tithe of your grain, your new wine, your oil, and the firstborn of your herd and your flock, so that you may learn to fear the LORD your God always.

New King James Version
And you shall eat before the LORD your God, in the place where He chooses to make His name abide, the tithe of your grain and your new wine and your oil, of the firstborn of your herds and your flocks, that you may learn to fear the LORD your God always.

After reading this you still say it's not their tithe they are to eat? Which version of the bible are you reading?

Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by newsynews: 8:43pm On Sep 01, 2019
TVSA:

Do you have problem with English Language or you're being mischievous on purpose?
Where in the passage did God talk about temple or priest? Why are you bringing your own interpretation to a well self explained text?
Deuteronomy 14:23

New International Version
Eat the tithe of your grain, new wine and olive oil, and the firstborn of your herds and flocks in the presence of the LORD your God at the place he will choose as a dwelling for his Name, so that you may learn to revere the LORD your God always.

New Living Translation
Bring this tithe to the designated place of worship—the place the LORD your God chooses for his name to be honored—and eat it there in his presence. This applies to your tithes of grain, new wine, olive oil, and the firstborn males of your flocks and herds. Doing this will teach you always to fear the LORD your God.

English Standard Version
And before the LORD your God, in the place that he will choose, to make his name dwell there, you shall eat the tithe of your grain, of your wine, and of your oil, and the firstborn of your herd and flock, that you may learn to fear the LORD your God always.

Berean Study Bible
And you are to eat a tenth of your grain, new wine, and oil, and the firstborn of your herds and flocks, in the presence of the LORD your God at the place He will choose as a dwelling for His Name, so that you may learn to fear the LORD your God always.

New American Standard Bible
"You shall eat in the presence of the LORD your God, at the place where He chooses to establish His name, the tithe of your grain, your new wine, your oil, and the firstborn of your herd and your flock, so that you may learn to fear the LORD your God always.

New King James Version
And you shall eat before the LORD your God, in the place where He chooses to make His name abide, the tithe of your grain and your new wine and your oil, of the firstborn of your herds and your flocks, that you may learn to fear the LORD your God always.

After reading this you still say it's not their tithe they are to eat? Which version of the bible are you reading?

You think that passage is the other passage that talked about tithing?me Go and read more to see how tithe involves priest, temple etc.

You had to go quote Satanic Bible versions to back your claim up. Go through Albahdadi's profile, he has a thread that exposes all those bible versions for the fraud they are.

https://www.nairaland.com/4957299/bible-sword-butter-knife-why

When next you want to tithe, make sure you buy food with the money and let's see if your stomach can contain it all.
Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by TVSA: 8:52pm On Sep 01, 2019
newsynews:

You think that passage is the other passage that talked about tithing?me Go and read more to see how tithe involves priest, temple etc.

You had to go quote Satanic Bible versions to back your claim up. Go through Albahdadi's profile, he has a thread that exposes all those bible versions for the fraud they are.

https://www.nairaland.com/4957299/bible-sword-butter-knife-why

When next you want to tithe, make sure you buy food with the money and let's see if your stomach can contain it all.

grin grin grin satanic bible indeed. Let's quote the angelic version again.

Deuteronomy 14:23 KJV
And thou shalt eat before the Lord thy God, in the place which he shall choose to place his name there, the tithe of thy corn, of thy wine, and of thine oil, and the firstlings of thy herds and of thy flocks; that thou mayest learn to fear the Lord thy God always.

If after reading this, you still don't know what the verse is talking about, collect your school fees back from your high school. It's a total waste. It's obvious you don't know simple passage comprehension.

Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by Attempt: 9:00pm On Sep 01, 2019
chymes0359:
t
Okay.. So once am drunk its a sin? Even if am drunk and went to sleep nko?
I swear you're mad...... shocked
Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by Attempt: 9:00pm On Sep 01, 2019
chymes0359:
t
Okay.. So once am drunk its a sin? Even if am drunk and went to sleep nko?
I swear you're mad...... shocked lol
Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by Fouronetwo: 9:14pm On Sep 01, 2019
u need a brain cell dude, so getting drunk is good, sense is far from you, na only Bleep wey ur mama Sabi na em make she born zombie like you wey she for use do period

On a good day,i wouldn't have responded to give u the attention u crave but let me do to keep u in yr place.if YOUR MOTHER wasn't smoking weed and drinking cheap roadside gin during yr pregnancy, u wouldn't be reasoning like this.its like yr eyes are @ the back of yr head.jobless unfortunate BASTARD who should have donated himself to his family for money rituals to end their poverty stricken lineage instead of wasting time here 24/7 commenting on every single post without input.
Always read with yr eyes and not yr ANUS b4 making a comment and be choosy about whose business u mind.I WILL NOT SPARE U NEXT TIME. SICK BASTARD !
Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by Fouronetwo: 9:25pm On Sep 01, 2019
Best response so far.u r on point bro.Very analytical.

The question you have asked is a tricky one but as always, everything a Christian needs for his spiritual growth can be found in the scriptures.

Before I address the main issue of whether a "Christian" can drink, I would first address the passive issue of "who is a Christian."

The identity "Christian" refers to someone who has mindfully and wholeheartedly given his/her life to Christ, offering it as a living sacrifice, and has taken up the life of Christ as his own; Who no longer lives his life according to the dictates of his flesh but as led by the spirit of God; one who has renewed his mind through deep study of the scriptures in order to know God's will (see Rom. 12:1-2) and has committed himself to living by it.

That you were born into a family that regularly or partially goes to Church or that you, personally, are a regular attendee of a major Church and belong to a service unit does not make one a Christian: going to church does not ma
Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by PrimadonnaO(f): 9:35pm On Sep 01, 2019
Amuocha:
No

It depends on brand. Amarula etc are okay but kai-kai, sapele water etc straight to okwu nmo shocked

Lmao cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by newsynews: 9:43pm On Sep 01, 2019
TVSA:

grin grin grin satanic bible indeed. Let's quote the angelic version again.

Deuteronomy 14:23 KJV
And thou shalt eat before the Lord thy God, in the place which he shall choose to place his name there, the tithe of thy corn, of thy wine, and of thine oil, and the firstlings of thy herds and of thy flocks; that thou mayest learn to fear the Lord thy God always.

If after reading this, you still don't know what the verse is talking about, collect your school fees back from your high school. It's a total waste. It's obvious you don't know simple passage comprehension.

Don't you get it? Tithers are to eat what the temple prepares from their tithe. It doesn't say they will eat the tithe in the exact manner they brought it.

@bold Can one man. put all of that in his stomach? Even if it's just corn he brought as tithe, the portion will be too much to fit into his stomach. Are you also going to drink oil?

You make it sound like tithe is meant for us to eat. Then why go through the stress of carrying it to the temple? Why not eat it at home? It's not meant for us to eat, otherwise the Levites and the priests won't have anything to eat. If you eat your tithe, what will the Levites, widows, fatherless, strangers and priests feed on?

The thing God is saying is that tithers are to partake in a feast organized by the temple caretakers who make use of a portion of what they tithed as provision for the feast. That means they are to eat out of it, which is just a portion, not the whole of it.

All the people mentioned in the bible that tithed didn't eat their tithe. Even Deuteronomy 14:28-29 that says you should keep your tithe in your gate every three years, still doesn't say you should eat it. It is meant for the Levites, widows, fatherless and strangers.

An example in modern times. Let's say you earn N100k as monthly salary. You are expected to pay 10k as tithe. According to you, that 10k should be spent on food which you will eat at the temple. Tell me, can. you finish 10k food in a sitting?

What the Bible is saying is that you are to drop the 10k, then the church will determine what to do with it. Those feasts you see churches organize are sponsored with tithe money. That way you get to eat out of your tithe, even widows and strangers too.

But you say the 10k should be swallowed in one sitting by you alone. Isn't that gluttony which the Bible warns against?
Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by bpalace(m): 10:05pm On Sep 01, 2019
newsynews:

Look at this one. It's people like you I hate. You go about with false doctrine and boast as if that is exactly what the Bible teach. You are even subtly telling people to stay away from pastors. Now let's examine your claim.

Which great guys drank alcohol? Perhaps, you think the word wine means alcohol Everytime it is mentioned.

Jesus didn't drink wine, he was only falsely accused of being a drunkard. Let's see the passage clearly.

Luke 7:33-34 King James Version (KJV)
33 For John the Baptist came neither eating bread nor drinking wine; and ye say, He hath a devil.
34 The Son of man is come eating and drinking; and ye say, Behold a gluttonous man, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners!

John was only eating locust and wild honey, he didn't like normal food. For that, they said he had a devil. Did John have a devil? No. This means he was falsely accused.

Jesus loved normal food and drink etc eater, non-alcoholic wine, but those false accusers called him a glutton and a drunkard. According to you, because those people accused Jesus if drinking alcohol, then it means he use to drink it. Why not also believe it when they said he was a drunkard and a glutton?
see as u dey "correct" scriptures just to make ur confused point...lol.
it was only special prophets that God prohibited taking strong one... for Jesus, those laws ain't guiding him anymore... He took alcohol
Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by bpalace(m): 10:11pm On Sep 01, 2019
MT:
Ask yourself, can anyone (including those who had commented on this topic) listen to you preach to them after openly take one bottle of trophy "responsibly" or smelling of alcohol. Your honest response will give you the answer you seek.
the same way Pharisees looked down on Christ because of his supposed drunkenness
Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by TVSA: 10:19pm On Sep 01, 2019
newsynews:

Don't you get it? Tithers are to eat what the temple prepares from their tithe. It doesn't say they will eat the tithe in the exact manner they brought it.

Where are you getting this from? is it the same Deuteronomy 14:22-29? Where do you see anything like temple in that passage? The passage has nothing to do with temple ritual or priest. It's an annual celebration by Israelites at a particular location outside their gates where God will choose for them for yearly celebration. I repeat, it has nothing to do with temple. See another verse that corroborate this

Deuteronomy 12:17-18 KJV
Thou mayest not eat within thy gates the tithe of thy corn, or of thy wine, or of thy oil, or the firstlings of thy herds or of thy flock, nor any of thy vows which thou vowest, nor thy freewill offerings, or heave offering of thine hand: [18] But thou must eat them before the Lord thy God in the place which the Lord thy God shall choose, thou, and thy son, and thy daughter, and thy manservant, and thy maidservant, and the Levite that is within thy gates: and thou shalt rejoice before the Lord thy God in all that thou puttest thine hands unto.

newsynews:

@bold Can one man. put all of that in his stomach? Even if it's just corn he brought as tithe, the portion will be too much to fit into his stomach. Are you also going to drink oil?

The man will be there with his household. Children, wife, servants etc.

Deuteronomy 14:26 KJV
And thou shalt bestow that money for whatsoever thy soul lusteth after, for oxen, or for sheep, or for wine, or for strong drink, or for whatsoever thy soul desireth: and thou shalt eat there before the Lord thy God, and thou shalt rejoice, thou, and thine household,

Nobody is drinking oil, it's a feast.

newsynews:

You make it sound like tithe is meant for us to eat. Then why go through the stress of carrying it to the temple? Why not eat it at home? It's not meant for us to eat, otherwise the Levites and the priests won't have anything to eat. If you eat your tithe, what will the Levites, widows, fatherless, strangers and priests feed on?

The thing God is saying is that tithers are to partake in a feast organized by the temple caretakers who make use of a portion of what they tithed as provision for the feast. That means they are to eat out of it, which is just a portion, not the whole of it.

All the people mentioned in the bible that tithed didn't eat their tithe. Even Deuteronomy 14:28-29 that says you should keep your tithe in your gate every three years, still doesn't say you should eat it. It is meant for the Levites, widows, fatherless and strangers.

An example in modern times. Let's say you earn N100k as monthly salary. You are expected to pay 10k as tithe. According to you, that 10k should be spent on food which you will eat at the temple. Tell me, can. you finish 10k food in a sitting?

What the Bible is saying is that you are to drop the 10k, then the church will determine what to do with it. Those feasts you see churches organize are sponsored with tithe money. That way you get to eat out of your tithe, even widows and strangers too.

But you say the 10k should be swallowed in one sitting by you alone. Isn't that gluttony which the Bible warns against?

Again, the passage isn't talking about temple, stop putting temple in all your arguments, it's your own fabrication.

The feast for the Levites and the poor is after 3 years. Always read between the lines, don't mix things up.

Deuteronomy 14:28-29 KJV
At the end of three years thou shalt bring forth all the tithe of thine increase the same year, and shalt lay it up within thy gates: [29] And the Levite, (because he hath no part nor inheritance with thee,) and the stranger, and the fatherless, and the widow, which are within thy gates, shall come, and shall eat and be satisfied; that the Lord thy God may bless thee in all the work of thine hand which thou doest.

Verses 22-27 is year by year for you. Verses 28-29 is after 3 years for Levites and the poor.

If after this you still don't get it ...

Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by Emekuslala1: 11:49pm On Sep 01, 2019
Acidosis:

No real Christian would sit with you to discuss this kind of topic.
hypocrite grin
Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by Emekuslala1: 11:54pm On Sep 01, 2019
Sir anything wine contains alcohol.. Don't be delusional grin
newsynews:

Look at this one. It's people like you I hate. You go about with false doctrine and boast as if that is exactly what the Bible teach. You are even subtly telling people to stay away from pastors. Now let's examine your claim.

Which great guys drank alcohol? Perhaps, you think the word wine means alcohol Everytime it is mentioned.

Jesus didn't drink wine, he was only falsely accused of being a drunkard. Let's see the passage clearly.

33 For John the Baptist came neither eating bread nor drinking wine; and ye say, He hath a devil.
34 The Son of man is come eating and drinking; and ye say, Behold a gluttonous man, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners!

John was only eating locust and wild honey, he didn't like normal food. For that, they said he had a devil. Did John have a devil? No. This means he was falsely accused.

Jesus loved normal food and drink etc eater, non-alcoholic wine, but those false accusers called him a glutton and a drunkard. According to you, because those people accused Jesus if drinking alcohol, then it means he use to drink it. Why not also believe it when they said he was a drunkard and a glutton?
Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by paito: 11:56pm On Sep 01, 2019
Sin is sin run away from alcohol before God destroy you.

1 Like

Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by sweetilicious(f): 12:28am On Sep 02, 2019
I don't alcohol. Since February 2015,I haven't. It doesn't give anything to my body. I don't need it.

1 Like

Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by Ndipe(m): 12:33am On Sep 02, 2019
I dont know the answer.
Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by Makuos19: 8:13am On Sep 02, 2019
What is the purpose of taking alcohol? Is it for pleasure? Then it is sin....
Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by kendrick93(m): 9:09am On Sep 02, 2019
newsynews:

Wine in the Bible are of two types. When the Buble speaks of wine, it does. ot mean only alcoholic wine. The Bible also speaks of non-alcoholic wine which is fruit juice, exactly what Jesus gave at the wedding in Cana.

No man of God or servant of God drank the alcoholic wine. They only drank the wine called fruit juice.
honestly u are an 1diot.
fruit juice
wtf
Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by nonso2019(m): 9:18am On Sep 02, 2019
really....so because his opinion is different from yours you just hate him........what a way of showing you dont "stay away from your pastors"
newsynews:

Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by vchykp(m): 11:22am On Sep 02, 2019
Nbote:
There is not place in d bible alcohol or it's intake is condemned... D bible only clearly condemned drunkenness... D same way it condemned gluttony. Don't let anyone deceive or make U believe otherwise
drunkenness comes with various bad attitudes e.g lieing, fighting, sexual immorality etc.. drunkenness is not a sin, what makes it a sin is the act after the drink.. besides, anyone who takes alcohol no matter the quantity must me drunk, the higher the intake the higher the drunkenness..
Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by flexxyworld(m): 1:43pm On Sep 02, 2019
Acidosis:

A real Christian is one that is filled with the holy spirit. There is a place for the word and another place for the spirit. God is the word. This is why Jesus (the word) needed John the Baptist for impactation (spirit) before he began His Ministry.

Bottom line is no real Christian would sit down to debate the Bible with people who don't have the spirit because most of the time, the things of the spirit usually don't make sense to the common man so an attempt to sit and explain that is a product of idleness and spiritual immaturity.

A real Christian would not be asking whether it is right to smoke, sit in a brothel, or drink at a bar. Such questions are proofs that a man is not born again in the first place. It is the spirit that makes the difference and teaches us all things. Even Satan knows the word more than any mortal but lacks the right spirit to activate the potentials.

While a man with the word is searching the scriptures to justify alcohol intake or premarital sex, a spirit filled man knows too well that even though all things are lawful, not all things are beneficial to him. He also knows too well that ingestion of alcohol or mere buying of illicit drugs or condom at a pharmacy could cause men to fall.

thanks for actually taking time. you earned my respect sir, I was just conscious of the use of word *REAL*. ANYWAYS, it was really an education and more insightul. great week ahead sir.

1 Like

Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by newsynews: 6:41pm On Sep 02, 2019
TVSA:

Where are you getting this from? is it the same Deuteronomy 14:22-29? Where do you see anything like temple in that passage? The passage has nothing to do with temple ritual or priest. It's an annual celebration by Israelites at a particular location outside their gates where God will choose for them for yearly celebration. I repeat, it has nothing to do with temple. See another verse that corroborate this

Deuteronomy 12:17-18 KJV
Thou mayest not eat within thy gates the tithe of thy corn, or of thy wine, or of thy oil, or the firstlings of thy herds or of thy flock, nor any of thy vows which thou vowest, nor thy freewill offerings, or heave offering of thine hand: [18] But thou must eat them before the Lord thy God in the place which the Lord thy God shall choose, thou, and thy son, and thy daughter, and thy manservant, and thy maidservant, and the Levite that is within thy gates: and thou shalt rejoice before the Lord thy God in all that thou puttest thine hands unto

You forgot that there was no temple when this law was given. My usage of the word temple was just to illustrate that everything happened in God's house. The children of Israel were still wandering in the wilderness when the law was given. They usually set up a tabernacle where Moses speaks with God who descend on it. So, wherever God wanted them to eat the tithe, he makes them set up the tabernacle there which is almost like a temple. But when the temple was built, tithe was brought there. After the temple was built, where did God say the tithe should provide meat for/

Malachi 3:10 King James Version (KJV)
10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house,

The man will be there with his household. Children, wife, servants etc.

Deuteronomy 14:26 KJV
And thou shalt bestow that money for whatsoever thy soul lusteth after, for oxen, or for sheep, or for wine, or for strong drink, or for whatsoever thy soul desireth: and thou shalt eat there before the Lord thy God, and thou shalt rejoice, thou, and thine household,

Nobody is drinking oil, it's a feast

If nobody is drinking oil, how come you say the other things listed alongside oil are being taken? So you see.

Again, the passage isn't talking about temple, stop putting temple in all your arguments, it's your own fabrication.

The feast for the Levites and the poor is after 3 years. Always read between the lines, don't mix things up.

Deuteronomy 14:28-29 KJV
At the end of three years thou shalt bring forth all the tithe of thine increase the same year, and shalt lay it up within thy gates: [29] And the Levite, (because he hath no part nor inheritance with thee,) and the stranger, and the fatherless, and the widow, which are within thy gates, shall come, and shall eat and be satisfied; that the Lord thy God may bless thee in all the work of thine hand which thou doest.

Verses 22-27 is year by year for you. Verses 28-29 is after 3 years for Levites and the poor.

Where God puts his name is his possession. The temple is his possession likewise tabernacle. Now, tell me where God ever put his name for tithe to be eaten if not the temple or tabernacle. Go and read Nehemiah 13:4-28 to see how the temple or house of God was the store for the tithe and how portions for the priests and Levites were shared from there. If according to you the tithe was to be swallowed by the people in the same manner they brought them, then what portion was the priests and Levites getting as seen in Nehemiah 13:4-28?
Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by TVSA: 8:21pm On Sep 02, 2019
newsynews:

You forgot that there was no temple when this law was given. My usage of the word temple was just to illustrate that everything happened in God's house. The children of Israel were still wandering in the wilderness when the law was given. They usually set up a tabernacle where Moses speaks with God who descend on it. So, wherever God wanted them to eat the tithe, he makes them set up the tabernacle there which is almost like a temple. But when the temple was built, tithe was brought there. After the temple was built, where did God say the tithe should provide meat for/

Malachi 3:10 King James Version (KJV)
10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house,

I thought you said they don't eat their tithe. Are you confused ni? grin grin grin

newsynews:

If nobody is drinking oil, how come you say the other things listed alongside oil are being taken? So you see.

Don't play dumb. Don't you know the meaning of feast? If I tell you we're having a feast, don't you know people will cook? or they'll be eating raw corn and raw meat?

newsynews:

Where God puts his name is his possession. The temple is his possession likewise tabernacle. Now, tell me where God ever put his name for tithe to be eaten if not the temple or tabernacle. Go and read Nehemiah 13:4-28 to see how the temple or house of God was the store for the tithe and how portions for the priests and Levites were shared from there. If according to you the tithe was to be swallowed by the people in the same manner they brought them, then what portion was the priests and Levites getting as seen in Nehemiah 13:4-28?

Deuteronomy 14:23-26 KJV
And thou shalt eat before the Lord thy God, in the place which he shall choose to place his name there, the tithe of thy corn, of thy wine, and of thine oil, and the firstlings of thy herds and of thy flocks; that thou mayest learn to fear the Lord thy God always. [24] And if the way be too long for thee, so that thou art not able to carry it; or if the place be too far from thee, which the Lord thy God shall choose to set his name there, when the Lord thy God hath blessed thee: [25] Then shalt thou turn it into money, and bind up the money in thine hand, and shalt go unto the place which the Lord thy God shall choose: [26] And thou shalt bestow that money for whatsoever thy soul lusteth after, for oxen, or for sheep, or for wine, or for strong drink, or for whatsoever thy soul desireth: and thou shalt eat there before the Lord thy God, and thou shalt rejoice, thou, and thine household,

It still baffles me that you don't understand this straight forward passage. Let me try again the last time.
-I'll choose a place for you to eat your tithe with your family

-If the place is too far, and you can't carry your tithe there, convert the tithe to money.

-Then use the money to buy whatever you like for yourself and your family.

I explained to you earlier that the tithe you are to eat is different from the one meant for levites and the poor. But you won't read.
Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by CHM11: 7:03pm On Sep 03, 2019
newsynews:

You don't have to hate me. That's very unchrist-like!!!

I didn't say people should stay away from pastors..I said 'gods of men'...there's a very big difference.....I am only replying you because you sound sensible to some extent as someone that could learn or be learned from.

I'm not one of those who follow the general opinions of everyday Christians. I follow what is in the bible.

To the topic of discussion without throwing any banters,..I repeat Jesus drank wine (and I can confidently tell you that wine as used in the bible is a product from Vinegar and that's alcoholic) no twisting of words here. That's why everywhere the bible cautioned about drinking, the word 'wine' is used. If it was non alcoholic, why will the bible caution about its abuse?.
Jesus did have a drink (wine) and ate occasionally with sinners so those who were looking to hold him with accused him of being a drunk. I believe that he wasn't a drunk but he did drink and eat responsibly with sinners hence the false accusation.

The water to wine miracle is also alcoholic wine too.

You can do your true research online if there is anything as nonalcoholic wine for real. What you will see is complex Esters and chemical extracts. Even the only non alcoholic wine (from grape fruit) that exist now (prepared by advance distillation in the 20th century) for real is a product of preparing alcoholic wine from grape, then using distillation to separate the alcohol from the fruity esters. Yet its still not 100% non alcoholic. The wine is the bible is alcoholic.

You might have heard and believed something since you were born doesn't make it right. Not that I'm saying I'm right either but study your bible without bias or a preset mindset then the real truth about the word of God will be shown to you.

Drinking alcohol is not a sin,..abuse or misuse of alcohol can lead to sin as you can lose control over your senses when you abuse it. Zero alcohol intake is the best but we shouldn't add to or remove from the bible because we want everyone to conform to our personal logic and standard of morality. That's not what Christ preached!.
Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by kimco(m): 8:25pm On Sep 03, 2019
newsynews:

Let us see if truly all wine mentioned in the Bible are alcoholic. Kindly read the below passage.

John 2:1-11 King James Version (KJV)
1 And the third day there was a marriage in Cana of Galilee; and the mother of Jesus was there:
2 And both Jesus was called, and his disciples, to the marriage.
3 And when they wanted wine, the mother of Jesus saith unto him, They have no wine.
4 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, what have I to do with thee? mine hour is not yet come.
5 His mother saith unto the servants, Whatsoever he saith unto you, do it.
6 And there were set there six waterpots of stone, after the manner of the purifying of the Jews, containing two or three firkins apiece.
7 Jesus saith unto them, Fill the waterpots with water. And they filled them up to the brim.
8 And he saith unto them, Draw out now, and bear unto the governor of the feast. And they bare it.
9 When the ruler of the feast had tasted the water that was made wine, and knew not whence it was: (but the servants which drew the water knewwink the governor of the feast called the bridegroom,
10And saith unto him, Every man at the beginning doth set forth good wine; and when men have well drunk, then that which is worse: but thou hast kept the good wine until now.
11 This beginning of miracles did Jesus in Cana of Galilee, and manifested forth his glory; and his disciples believed on him.

Verse 10 says the bad wine is brought out and served to people after they have WELL DRUNK. The governor of the wedding was surprised that in this case, the good wine was brought out last after people have WELL DRUNK.

To you guys who say it was alcoholic wine that Jesus miraculously gave at the wedding, what you are saying is that when people were totally drunk and wasted, Jesus now gave them MORE. He gave them more so that those who will drive home will have accident. grin

No buddy, he gave them more fruit juice. Read the passage below which talks about alcoholic wine. Look at how the bi le described it's effect which is exactly how one feels after drinking alcohol

Proverbs 23:31-35
31 Look not thou upon the wine when it is red, when it giveth his colour in the cup, when it moveth itself aright.
32 At the last it biteth like a serpent, and stingeth like an adder.
33 Thine eyes shall behold strange women, and thine heart shall utter perverse things.
34 Yea, thou shalt be as he that lieth down in the midst of the sea, or as he that lieth upon the top of a mast.
35 They have stricken me, shalt thou say, and I was not sick; they have beaten me, and I felt it not: when shall I awake? I will seek it yet again.

When you say it was alcoholic wine Jesus miraculously turned water into, what you are saying is that Jesus exposed those people to start beholding strange women and say junk as seen in verse 33 above.

Can you now see how wrong you are? The Bible not only kicks against drinking alcohol, it also says we shouldn't look at it as seen in verse 31@bixton @mcval @neddstark

This is jux a simple correction. The drunk here is a past participle of drink not an adjective, ie: drunk on alcohol. Thank You.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Praise The Lord... The Lords Chosen Is 20 Years (Photos) / Pastor Paul Enenche: Compulsory Vaccination Is From The Pit Of Hell (Video) / Are Jehovah Witness People Real Christians?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 170
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.