Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,549 members, 7,840,315 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 09:05 PM

53cur3m0d3's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 53cur3m0d3's Profile / 53cur3m0d3's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (of 32 pages)

Crime / Re: How The Ikorodu Bank Robbers Operated, Plus Photos Of Victims In Hospital by 53cur3m0d3(m): 1:52am On Jun 26, 2015
It's been long overdue. The Police had to go back to school.
Programming / Re: Nairaland : Please Add 1 To The Pagination Counter Not Everyone Is A Programmer by 53cur3m0d3(m): 12:10am On Jun 23, 2015
Computers and Zeros have a relationship similar to a baby and its feeding bottle. Leave them alone!
Art, Graphics & Video / Re: Runzlord's Concept Of A Nairaland App by 53cur3m0d3(m): 11:54pm On Jun 22, 2015
Impressive man....

2 Likes

Programming / Re: If Your Best Friend Told You Your App Will Never Blow! What Will You Do? by 53cur3m0d3(m): 12:40am On Jun 22, 2015
Simple! Make it BLOW
Programming / Re: How Can I Learn OOP With Java? by 53cur3m0d3(m): 3:05am On Jun 21, 2015
Velocitron:

I won't say I'm trying to learn it, per se, I just want to write a few programs using inheritance, abstraction, different access levels etc, just so I can have a better idea of how they work. Like I said, I don't want to go into second year with an empty head.

Oh! I see!
Programming / Re: App Monetization Strategies For Free Apps by 53cur3m0d3(m): 2:53am On Jun 21, 2015
Here comes another brilliant post. Programming section be making my night. Thanks for sharing these Informative posts on here.
Programming / Re: If You Build It, They Probably Won’t Come by 53cur3m0d3(m): 2:50am On Jun 21, 2015
Badass post bro. You're such a TechWriter with class. You should consider moving to a .com and ditching the ..
Programming / Re: Why Do Developers(especially Nigerians) Prefer To Develop For Playstore by 53cur3m0d3(m): 2:46am On Jun 21, 2015
dhtml18:
^^^Ahan, where have you been all this time?

Boss, U don change that location wey U dey keep Ur chequebooks? cheesy
Programming / Re: Why Do Developers(especially Nigerians) Prefer To Develop For Playstore by 53cur3m0d3(m): 1:32am On Jun 21, 2015
Educative thread! With topics like this, this section can help boost ICT in Nigeria at least by a fraction. Webmasters section should take note.

Dhtml the Doc, FincoApps, larisoft, nollyj, seunthomas, I prostrate o
Programming / Re: How Can I Learn OOP With Java? by 53cur3m0d3(m): 1:22am On Jun 21, 2015
Velocitron:
It's kind of hard to explain. I know Java is an OOP language but I'm talking of programs that use other java functions like inheritance, abstraction etc. I feel the best way to learn would be to practise writing programs using those functions, not just creating classes and objects.

I'll suggest you take it easy ma'am. You can't learn it all in a day or few weeks. It's Programming for Christ's sake and it's very vast. Apart from life and oxygen, I think Programming should come next in terms of vastness.

The problem with you is you're putting yourself under pressure to finish learning Java within a short period of time. Hell No, that's impossible ma'am.

How you understand a problem will determine your approach to solving it. We all have ours. You just have to get your rhythm and flow with it.

Learn at your own pace so you can fully grasp every concept you come across.

JAVA! MY FIRST LOVE! cheesy

1 Like

Travel / Re: Illegal Immigrant: My Near Death And Terrible Experience In Malaysia by 53cur3m0d3(m): 1:04am On Jun 21, 2015
seunny4lif:
In Germany and Austria here,your documents must always be with u...But this guy story is like mine in Libya Bt me no carry drug cos dat one na die for Libya.....I I lost 3 friends in Libya

Hello bro, would you consider sharing your story so people can learn? Should you decide to, pls cc me... Thanks
Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Do You Know Of Anyone That Has Gotten A Job Through Push Cv? by 53cur3m0d3(m): 9:54am On Jun 16, 2015
kulgee001:
Lol. Chai. The kind mindset some pple carry about is worrying.

53cur3m0d3. You go answer tire o. Sometimes the questions go jst make person give up. You wouldn't know where to start from.

I'll gladly answer any questions bro, lol.
Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Do You Know Of Anyone That Has Gotten A Job Through Push Cv? by 53cur3m0d3(m): 8:20pm On Jun 15, 2015
ModiKen:

Obviously you work for Push CV or you know one of those who setup the website or "business" because you seem to explain in detail their plan for Nigerians. If you think I'm wrong, may I ask: how did you know they have become a startup to be reckoned with and also how are you sure they would "supply" the FG with a large workforce in the near future? By the way, I would only believe they are not a scam or fake if I get to meet someone who got a job via their platform. Do you know anyone?

ROTFLMAO! I'll take my precious time to answer you bro.

1) I neither work for PushCV nor am I privy to their developers team.

2) How have they become a startup to be reckoned with?
ANS: With such traction they have gotten and the interest they have sparked in the general public within a short time, I think I'm allowed to say I think they have become a Startup to be reckoned with. Don't be surprised when they get a valuation of $1m from investors or when acquirers start battling one another for their signature. Do you need a crash course on Startups?

3) How are you sure they would supply the FG with a large workforce in the near future?
ANS: I never said they'll supply the FG with workforce in the future. Go back and read. I said if the FG is bent on fulfilling its promise of paying a monthly stipend of #5,000 to unemployed youths and poor Nigerians, PushCV can serve as a tool to provide the FG with a vast database of unemployed youths considering the fact that apart from the INEC database and NIMC database, I see no other company that can rival PushCV when it comes to having such a huge database of unemployed Nigerians. There you've it; they're filling a vacuum that's existed for ages and that's what Startups are all about; Filling a vacuum.

BTW, Have you heard the saying " With time, even nuclear weapons will bow at the havoc data will wreak"

5) Have you met someone who got a job through PushCV?
ANS: Nope, and it's not my job to look.

Does that satisfy your curiosity bro?

3 Likes

Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Do You Know Of Anyone That Has Gotten A Job Through Push Cv? by 53cur3m0d3(m): 4:32pm On Jun 15, 2015
Hello NLers, I'm part of the 1% that made it through. There have been several insinuations about PushCV being this or that but I'd rather you stopped viewing them from that perspective. I know we were all excited when they came along cause I was. I'm a Web Developer and I understand that PushCV as a Startup is doing fine.

If a lot of NLers understood Techpreneurship and Startups, they'll understand that PushCV has become a Startup to be reckoned with in the country. This is what I foresee PushCV doing with that vast database they acquired; If the FG keeps true to its word of paying unemployed graduates and poor Nigerians #5,000 monthly, they'll be among the top firms to supply the FG with such a huge database of unemployed Nigerians, and you know what that means, $$$$$$$$ and more of it.
Programming / Re: How Do You See This Dialer Design I Developed by 53cur3m0d3(m): 12:19pm On Jun 15, 2015
Cool one Elvis. Keep honing your skills man, I'll come for you soon
Programming / Re: My First App Come Will Be Out Soon by 53cur3m0d3(m): 8:15pm On Jun 13, 2015
@OP, work more on proofreading your content. Who knows? This app might take you places you never imagined.
Career / Re: Why Are Some Female Customer Care Assistant Bankers Hyper-reactive? by 53cur3m0d3(m): 2:45pm On Jun 12, 2015
I've never experienced such in any bank I've been to

1 Like

Jobs/Vacancies / Re: They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? by 53cur3m0d3(m): 2:36pm On Jun 12, 2015
Hello ExInferis, long time no mail cool
Programming / Re: Please I Need Help With Java Source Code by 53cur3m0d3(m): 11:42am On Jun 08, 2015
I suggest you look for programmers who have done or can build banking apps Foxy. Are you looking to get it free or you need paid help? If this is a contract from a financial institution, I suggest you get paid help as this will come with the assurance you're getting what you paid for, software system support and a lot more.

There are a lot of source codes online I wouldn't touch with a 100-foot pole. A lot of backdoors and Trojans bro if you have any idea what I mean.
Programming / Re: Android App, "Swift Downloader" by 53cur3m0d3(m): 11:34am On Jun 08, 2015
Nice work man. Hope to see more cool apps coming from you. Keep learning too.
Sports / Re: Nigeria Vs Brazil (2 - 4) U-20 World Cup On June 1st 2015 by 53cur3m0d3(m): 3:56am On Jun 01, 2015
Awoniyi! Enaholo! Mustapha! Pick your flop of the match...

1 Like

Programming / Re: Learn Android App Development For FREE Here by 53cur3m0d3(m): 7:16pm On May 28, 2015
ExInferis:
a very basic app i made which converts text to speech. Also, shaking the device triggers a sensor event (accelerometer).

http://www.megafileupload.com/G3d/talktome_neoteny_apk.zip

working on something pretty cool (hint: location, Tinydb, OSM)
Hello boss, U didn't reply my pm.. I need Ur help asap...
Programming / Re: Hilarious Advice To Young Aspiring Tech Ceos From Older Tech Ceos by 53cur3m0d3(m): 7:05pm On May 28, 2015

6) Should you have a technical co-founder if you are
not technical?
No. If you don’t already have a technical co-founder
you can always outsource technology and not give
up equity.

I partly disagree with this
Literature / Re: My Classic First Love Scenario And The Unwanted End by 53cur3m0d3(m): 2:12pm On May 28, 2015
Shoot
Programming / Re: Lets Post Ideas Here 4 Other Programmers by 53cur3m0d3(m): 7:10pm On May 27, 2015
And this thread wants to die ni sha! lailai! *puts on thinking cap* Errrm.... Errrm... Who is proficient in developing mobile (Android & IOS) apps? It's not important that you have both skillsets, but I'm giving much preference to the Android part. Being proficient in both would be lovely. The IOS person can come in later. I just need someone who would like to work on something cool together....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (of 32 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.