Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,808 members, 7,866,137 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 12:14 PM

53cur3m0d3's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 53cur3m0d3's Profile / 53cur3m0d3's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (of 32 pages)

Family / What Would You Do? by 53cur3m0d3(m): 1:11am On Mar 09, 2015
I know this sounds really crazy but it's a question that begs to be asked... As for me, he's my cousin so he becomes my responsibility cheesy .. Let's keep it coming in Familylanders

Romance / Re: What's The Craziest Thing You Can Do For The One You Love? by 53cur3m0d3(m): 12:47am On Mar 09, 2015
Jujusmom:
My BF is in Zaria and I'm in California. I like to send him packages and letters. Sometimes just pictures make him happy. My last trip to the beach I sent him these.
Wow! That's a helluva love you got holed up for him. I admire this.

2 Likes

Romance / Re: What's The Craziest Thing You Can Do For The One You Love? by 53cur3m0d3(m): 12:46am On Mar 09, 2015
I can do a lot for whom I truly love though nothing comes to mind at the moment. I do enough crazy things so it's hard to say which.... Reminiscing right now brings tears.
Romance / Re: A Nairaland Lady Ask Me To Marry Her... by 53cur3m0d3(m): 12:04am On Mar 09, 2015
sparkleRed:
Love dey shack dem dis one undecided
Make e shack me and U too na. it takes two to tango...
Programming / Re: Lets Post Ideas Here 4 Other Programmers by 53cur3m0d3(m): 11:54pm On Mar 08, 2015
PenSoftCorp:

you mean creating an onion website, NO, it will be a normal .com website, prostitution is not illegal in this country
Just teasing Dhtml as usual.. Anyways, could be a good idea if properly implemented. "Satisfaction @ Your Doorstep".
Romance / Re: A Nairaland Lady Ask Me To Marry Her... by 53cur3m0d3(m): 2:52pm On Mar 08, 2015
Beamborla:

How did you know that?
Are you his lawyer?
No, I'm an automated lie detector. check my profile
Romance / Re: A Nairaland Lady Ask Me To Marry Her... by 53cur3m0d3(m): 2:39pm On Mar 08, 2015
Beamborla:

Lol...
You call me a liar? shocked
It's over angry
That too is a lie cheesy
Romance / Re: A Nairaland Lady Ask Me To Marry Her... by 53cur3m0d3(m): 8:28am On Mar 08, 2015
Beamborla:

I'm perfect! cheesy
in other words my brother, she tells lies... perfectly
Romance / Re: A Nairaland Lady Ask Me To Marry Her... by 53cur3m0d3(m): 6:29am On Mar 08, 2015
Ladies who want to practice how to propose to a guy should contact me. I do it for free cheesy
Politics / Re: Why Couldn't We Stop Human Rights Abuses To Get Better Weapons? by 53cur3m0d3(m): 12:55pm On Mar 07, 2015
There are a lot of false allegations and counter accusations these days that the vast majority don't know what is actually going on. I fear for what the country has become.

3 Likes

Programming / Re: Lets Post Ideas Here 4 Other Programmers by 53cur3m0d3(m): 10:07pm On Mar 03, 2015
dhtml18:
^^^Hmn, possible but i dont do nonsense stuffs like the site we are discussing above (just for the record)
Bros, your blood too dey hot o. Take small yoyo bitters. I'll pm you in a bit
Programming / Re: Lets Post Ideas Here 4 Other Programmers by 53cur3m0d3(m): 3:05pm On Mar 03, 2015
dhtml18:

None of the above, how can I develop such websites? Abeg no make them come arrest me o. Shuo? In fact i dont even know the url of the site sef.
Hehe! Bros U dey use NL pm? I go like mail U make we relate unto some kind levels like that.
Programming / Re: Lets Post Ideas Here 4 Other Programmers by 53cur3m0d3(m): 8:46am On Mar 03, 2015
dhtml18:

For where?
It's either you developed it or that site can only be accessible via Tor cheesy
Programming / Re: Lets Post Ideas Here 4 Other Programmers by 53cur3m0d3(m): 7:18pm On Mar 02, 2015
PenSoftCorp:
lets create a site where u can order for strippers and prostitutes online
dhtml18:

We already got a Nigerian site that does that. If you dont know it I shan't tell you.
I know of OLX, I could be wrong though...

1 Like

Programming / Re: Lets Post Ideas Here 4 Other Programmers by 53cur3m0d3(m): 3:41pm On Mar 02, 2015
PenSoftCorp:
lets create a site where u can order for strippers and prostitutes online
You just want to create anything. You no go like create Adam & Eve?

1 Like

Programming / Re: Lets Post Ideas Here 4 Other Programmers by 53cur3m0d3(m): 5:32am On Mar 02, 2015
PenSoftCorp:
lets create something like a music social network
something like iMesh right?
Family / Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by 53cur3m0d3(m): 11:36pm On Feb 28, 2015
idia101:
If u swallow hair u will die.
I married ur fader a virgin grin
hw cm i kon appear 4 d weddin pix? angry
With the rate at which U're appearing and disappearing, I'm beginning to wonder how powerful your Ogbanje is... cheesy
Family / Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by 53cur3m0d3(m): 11:30pm On Feb 28, 2015
Daninya11:
In Africa norm and ethics, you don't say that an elder lied knowing fully well that it is a lie and the people present can attest to it that it's a lie..
You are expected to affirm that it is not true..
Or Better still keep mute, so @Op modify your post..
This is Nairaland. not Africa bros...

1 Like

Romance / Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by 53cur3m0d3(m): 11:07pm On Feb 28, 2015
ihedinobi2:
Not that I think you'll believe me, I'm just saying it anyway.

Standd, I'm as Nigerian as they come. From deep in the East. And I know exactly what love is and what it is not. And I don't think I'm being arrogant or boastful saying that because, well, it's the exact same type of speech you use in declaring that Nigerians don't know what love is. I can be just as confident as you are, you see. smiley

I am going to be matter-of-fact about this. Ever since sexúal promiscuity became fashionable, love has been an ambiguous word. This would only be news to those who have never stopped to think. You have only to think how important TV and cinema is in fashioning ideology to understand that.

First, there was an agitation for better treatment for women in the West. Domestic violence was an issue way back before Hollywood. There was also the issue of poor pay because of the Industrial Society that existed then and treated men like machines that incidentally had biological functions. Women needed to be able to bring in income to augment what their men had. So the agitation expanded to accommodate the right to work and be paid.

By the time Hollywood arrived, the agitation had spread to include sexùal "freedom" which essentially was licence for promiscuity. Hollywood (that is, moving pictures) was like dry wood for that fire. Before you knew it, sex became a household commodity. Suddenly, the term "Victorian" was coined to mean "sexuàlly repressed".

What followed? Wanton women at every corner. Easy sex for men. Without the attendant responsibility. Also since men were now competing with women for work too, manliness had depreciated both in appeal to young men and in value to society.

Love thus began to be defined by hormonal changes. "If I feel this way, it must be love." "If I feel that way instead, it mustn't be." Now, since it is women who do this whole emotional, feely-feely thing really, and you had gotten used to agitating to be heard you also took responsibility to define love.

Here's what happened. Men don't feel like you do. It's pretty black and white for us, ORDINARILY. "I like her, she's such a nice girl and she's pretty too." That's it, the dude is sold. He simply looks are how you behave and how you look and then he starts looking to get your attention. But now, it's supposed to be some kind of feeling. That's what mothers start telling their sons and women are shouting from every rooftop. And men have been schooled into listening.

So we start peeping around in our souls to figure out HOW WE FEEL. Truth? We find nothing. Nothing, that is, besides, raging sexùal desire. And we say, "ok, that's probably what she means". So we start describing love in terms of horniness. But then we find that as men we can feel the same way about several females at once. How can we choose then?

We don't. We just try to make the most of it while we keep looking for that "something special" that tells us we've found the one. We don't ever find it until we learn to see past a woman's physical appearance. So we take a looooooooong time to settle down.

And women feel used.

That's just the result of messing with life's natural course.

Love has a sexùal component. There is no doubting that. But love is not just about how Hot seeing or thinking about you makes keep feel. That's for guys.

For women, your feelings may be slightly more complex. There is the "feel safe with him" issue. There is the "feel at home/I can talk about anything with him". And there's the "he makes me weak at the knees" issue too. All of them are love, as far as women are concerned. But what you typically go with today is the last.

All that because one big truth is lost on us today: man and woman are sexùal complements. Regardless how either looks, if you marooned a pair on an island with no access to any other human being they WILL have sèx. It is not debatable. But today, everything seems to be so anyone can try. A hunk of a man will sleep wíth a crippled woman with a half-burned face if he sees that she's all he has. And enjoy it too. Although the enjoyment will last much longer if she's a really good person. And a drop-dead killer beauty will báng a toothless, short ugly man and enjoy it too if there was no other person around. Especially if he's a really good person.

If the marooning happened after they've experienced other lovers or seen other "more attractive" people, it will take a few years maybe, but soon their whole world will consist of each other and that will be quite enough for them. Until you bring in new people, that is. For some though, even new people will make no difference.

Sex is therefore a natural response that either sex has to the other. Thus it should be taken for granted when the issue is romance.

What is Love? It's a deliberate decision to make somebody else your business. Every single thing about them - their insecurities, weaknesses, strengths, pride/confidence/sense of identity, hopes and fears - becomes your own pet headache. They are your burden to carry and your feast to enjoy.

That is Love. I challenge anybody to dispute it.

Do Nigerians know what love is? Well, if Love is about making somebody else your own wahala, I'd say Nigerians are probably more likely to know what it is than the violently individualized West that focuses so much energy on using legislation and science to disrupt trust-fueled human relationship.

The Nigerian economy is hard, so men marrying late is not really that far-fetched. Nor is it particularly surprising that men keep long-term romantic relationships. I doubt that many men start out expecting that it would take three, five, ten years to marry the girl that's got them wrapped around her little finger. I fell in love with my ex early 2007 and was fighting my dad late 2008 to help me set up a business so I could marry her (didn't tell him the agitation was because of her o). And I know a bunch of other stories like that. Even better.

The real problem? It is defining romantic and marital love by sex. Doing that means that you the woman will feel used when things get tough or drag. Because, like it or not, a woman's body is a major prize she gives, in her own eyes (and in a man's eyes too).

What else can romance be about? Geez! Nigeria is hard. Both of you want to settle down and do life together. Combine your intellectual power and share your drive and ambition and you will both accomplish it together like a joint project. He wants a good job? Well, you know how to Google, right? You can discuss qualifications and skill acquisition, no? When he's had a hard day, can he trust you with his fear that he might not get what he's fighting so hard for? Can he count on you to share some of your strength with him when he's lost so much of his?

And you. Can you trust him with your tears? With your fears? Your hopes? Your dreams? Can you let him lead you in your fight for destiny?

In short, can you both be friends? In the most intimate sense of that word? Can you not be a gang?

People do it all over the world, and certainly in Nigeria too. I'm very Nigerian and that's how I personally roll.

When I say, I love you, I mean that even when you breathe a little different, it concerns me. You are my headache and my party. And that's really what it means. Whether in the 1500s or in 3086, at the North Pole or in the most remote village in Nigeria, that is what Love means. And those who are willing to use their heads for a little more than flood their nether regions with hormones and blood get it.

Thank you. Forgive the length of the epistle. Happens sometimes. smiley
Your understanding of life and love is a reflection of who you are. I'm glad we reason along the same line.
Thank you Standd for this post and another thank you for this articulate response. You nailed it man. You deserve a Zulu greeting cheesy

1 Like

Programming / Re: Java Tutorial For Beginners by 53cur3m0d3(m): 7:57pm On Feb 21, 2015
pretizy:

nice...where did u stop @ java
Java EE but I didn't go in depth
Programming / Re: Building An App That Lets Users Locate A Power Source Nearest To Them. by 53cur3m0d3(m): 6:41pm On Feb 17, 2015
Caracta:

3. Does that mean any random person(s) can be directed to my house to stalk me, steal my generator or maliciously cut off my power source because they don't enjoy same? (Bad belle thingz) cheesy

4. Good idea I must confess. I'm only concerned about the security breach. Or do you have a way around it?

Again, nice one. Very brilliant.

Have you ever heard of AirBnB before? I don't know what could be of greater security concern than that in a world filled with serial killers, rapists, mentally-disturbed people, etc.
LordZouga, ride on bro. Nice initiative! Maybe we can work on something cool together
Programming / Re: Java Tutorial For Beginners by 53cur3m0d3(m): 9:34am On Feb 16, 2015
pretizy:

and what are you into now
PHP, JOOMLA! More research and brainstorming sessions
Programming / Re: PHP File Inclusion by 53cur3m0d3(m): 9:31am On Feb 16, 2015
CRAZYMADMAN:

function testRequire($file) {
ob_start();
require_once ($file .'html');
return ob_get_clean();

}
The Output Buffering function! Thanks...
Programming / Re: PHP File Inclusion by 53cur3m0d3(m): 12:38am On Feb 16, 2015
CRAZYMADMAN:

the problem is that when you try to use it to include an html file, it takes it to the very top of the page thereby disrupting any template structure already in place! I have gotten the solution, though
Great... U might wanna share though
Computers / Re: All My Files Have Been Encrypted By Online Hackers,what Is The Solution Please by 53cur3m0d3(m): 11:26pm On Feb 15, 2015
guru01:
what did this started?
try to do a window restore point and restore your system to a last know good state.
Windows restore will only get him his programs, not files. Or am I missing something bro?
Webmasters / Re: How Can I Place BBM Sponsored Content? by 53cur3m0d3(m): 1:14pm On Feb 15, 2015
hilaryiwens05:
any contribution...the bbm sponsored content(bbm adverts) appears on BBM10 phones. has anybody seen this
I wish I knew. The sponsored-content also appears on the latest version for Android phones.
Programming / Re: Java Tutorial For Beginners by 53cur3m0d3(m): 12:48pm On Feb 15, 2015
Java! My first Love! *reminiscing*
Programming / Re: Software Companies Websites Developed By Another Web Development Company by 53cur3m0d3(m): 12:32pm On Feb 15, 2015
codedruns:
Why is it that most Software Development companies in Nigeria have websites developed by another web development company?
Kindly provide us with evidence of the ones you've come across

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (of 32 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.