Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,077 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:38 AM

My Boyfriend Said I Look Old - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Boyfriend Said I Look Old (17202 Views)

My Boyfriend Said Am Not A Wife Material, Plus Our Chat Pics / My Boyfriend Said He Needs A Break / My Boyfriend Said That I Seduced Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by wadomi: 4:59pm On May 17, 2007
he he he- him go talk about your sour Obo next time.
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by 2dye4(m): 5:02pm On May 17, 2007
@skillmyman:
  Thanks 4 the opinion of deceny and tolerance, it is noted. however, that is this an open forum does not give anybody the right to insult our sensibilities. That thing (u know who) has done it one time too much! haba, there's more to postin comments than talking trash.

i the spirit of the openess and freedom u preach on this forum, i will not hesitate to express my vexation especially when its over-stretched. peace. wink
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by hotchic1(f): 7:16pm On May 17, 2007
Awwwwwww,thats really depressing,

i think you really need to Behind up a lil bit as people have advised earlier and don't dont raise an argument because of this,try n observe him and c if he's still interested in the relationship.
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by lauryn(f): 7:50pm On May 17, 2007
That's just mean~!. Now dat's something I wouldnt say grin grin.
Anyhoo, Ur boyfriend could be telling d truth, but probably d way he might have said it is what's getting U depressed. U might wanna try some anti-aging lotion or workout a lil bit.
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by nazzyon(m): 9:02pm On May 17, 2007
Hello,

Whenever he says that again, tell him to pay for flight to any country where you can get your body fixed. And he must be ready to pay for the operation.

Abi he wants you to look sweet, he has to pay for it. I can do that for my girl to make her and myself happy.
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by Nobody: 10:07pm On May 17, 2007
@ omo eko,easier said than done
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by fellow(m): 11:30pm On May 17, 2007
adetunrayo:

I guess the man has seen somebody more beautiful than u, that is why is making that silly excuse.Did he just realise u are old?

I wonder oh undecided
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by drealone: 8:54am On May 18, 2007
lol,
if he thinks u r old that definitely means hes been seeing someone else,meanwhile dress smart and young not to impress him but to make ursself look good and attractive.i dont mind u being old anyway lol,  smiley
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by PetologY(m): 8:57am On May 18, 2007
Really, i think the guys had 2-much up his head to spit out such words out his mouth. Even if he his frd up or tired of the relationship or he wants to have a big joke outta this. He just got BOOTED in my own book.

that sort of guy does not deserve you babe. And i mean it,
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by bebe2007(m): 9:01am On May 18, 2007
@dremoney,

Haba! so you think i have been negative!! i dont think so. If you read thru the thread you would see i was trying to make her see sense but she was so hurt and couldnt, so i asked her to probably leave him if it will make her feel better. Will try to be more positive next time. wink Point noted.
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by maxxdjinx(m): 9:17am On May 18, 2007
Backtrack to the very begining. What do you think got him attracted? Work it out and find a way to effect changes to yourself [if any]. You could also sit down and talk it out. Let him know how you feel about what he said-guess that should ease your pain. WHATEVER HAPPENS, JUST BE YOURSELF AND BE HAPPY-COS YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO BE HAPPY.
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by dremoney(m): 9:59am On May 18, 2007
bebe2007:

@dremoney,

Haba! so you think i have been negative!! i don't think so. If you read through the thread you would see i was trying to make her see sense but she was so hurt and couldnt, so i asked her to probably leave him if it will make her feel better. Will try to be more positive next time. wink Point noted.

hmmn,

one solid thing that fascinates me bout u is your humility.

second time we r clashing kindda.

wil really help  a great deal if you're able to kip up your attitude.

cheers.
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by ne4real(f): 10:04am On May 18, 2007
the answer to your question is two-sided:

1. either he's gotten a younger and more beautiful girl

2. maybe u dont take good care of urself as a woman, cos no matter how hold a woman is, there's a way u can package urself and still look more attractive than anyother girl he sees.
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by dremoney(m): 10:52am On May 18, 2007
ne4real:

the answer to your question is two-sided:

1. either he's gotten a younger and more beautiful girl

2. maybe u don't take good care of yourself as a woman, because no matter how hold a woman is, there's a way u can package yourself and still look more attractive than anyother girl he sees.

very soild contribution.
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by Ronke2811(f): 11:02am On May 18, 2007
@ topic
he said u look old,
question 1
are u old
if yes, as his responsibility tell him to take you to a beauty saloon and turn u to sweet sixteen or better still he should send you to the school where they make old pple young. grin
anyway, i think u have a part to play in this, dont think he has seen a sweet 16 somewhere, why dont take out time to study yourself, try the following and c if he wont come back running to you.
1.change your wadrobe,
2. go for a facial treatment
3. go for body spa
4. watch your diet
5. take more of water
6. make head turning hairstyles
7. just do something dat will make him go nut.

since
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by dremoney(m): 11:13am On May 18, 2007
Ronke 2811:

@ topic
he said u look old,
question 1
are u old
if yes, as his responsibility tell him to take you to a beauty saloon and turn u to sweet sixteen or better still he should send you to the school where they make old people young. grin
anyway, i think u have a part to play in this, don't think he has seen a sweet 16 somewhere, why don't take out time to study yourself, try the following and c if he wont come back running to you.
1.change your wadrobe,
3. go for body spa
4. watch your diet
5. take more of water
7. just do something that will make him go nut.

since

wow,

quincy herbal slimmer part 2. cheesy
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by dremoney(m): 11:14am On May 18, 2007
Ronke 2811:

@ topic
he said u look old,
question 1
are u old
if yes, as his responsibility tell him to take you to a beauty saloon and turn u to sweet sixteen or better still he should send you to the school where they make old people young. grin
anyway, i think u have a part to play in this, don't think he has seen a sweet 16 somewhere, why don't take out time to study yourself, try the following and c if he wont come back running to you.
1.change your wadrobe,
3. go for body spa
4. watch your diet
5. take more of water
7. just do something that will make him go nut.

since

oh-oh,

quincy herbal slimmer part 2. cheesy
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by mansa(f): 11:22am On May 18, 2007
babygirl pls do not allow anyone hurt u ,not even ur boyfriend .
feel good about urself cos people will always have something
to say,after all u did not create urself and make sure u look good
all the time. smiley
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by diode: 11:33am On May 18, 2007
really sorry u had to start ur day in such a mode

The thing is you made made it hurt you. maybe it is just an idle statement and even if he thinks you re old, am sure he still love you.

But dont forget, you can only be old if you agree you are
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by Kemjisuper(m): 12:44pm On May 18, 2007
Maybe he likes old people
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by gentlegg(m): 1:20pm On May 18, 2007
Hey girl,

Let's face fact, how old are you? Let's not crucify the guy for saying you look old, without knowing ur age. You know most Naija guys detest ladies of 30+.

But if ur old for him, you can also be young for another guy of commensurate age profile.

Have a nice day.
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by dremoney(m): 1:35pm On May 18, 2007
gentlegg:

Hey girl,

Let's face fact, how old are you? Let's not crucify the guy for saying you look old, without knowing your age. You know most Naija guys detest ladies of 30+.

But if your old for him, you can also be young for another guy of commensurate age profile.

Have a nice day.

ur running off-track bro,

no go hit head 4 pole o grin
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by esilove(m): 2:45pm On May 18, 2007
Either he is tied of going out with you, or he have a new catch.

This is the best time to show him how much you love him. Instead of been depressed.

Also try to look good always so that the love will come back.
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by Tbaba2(m): 3:22pm On May 18, 2007
May be its not how u look that is bothering the poor guy

may be u are week or fragile?

May be u cant satisfy the guy as u ought too, u better do something before its too late

A word is enough for the wise.
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by Imani(f): 3:27pm On May 18, 2007
@ poster,

Not everyone takes well to criticisms. Maybe your boyfriend was insensitive about the way he approached the issue. Sometimes, it is not what you say but how you say it that matters.

If he really means it, then you should give it a thought.
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by babadee(m): 6:31pm On May 18, 2007
maybe you really do look old in that you don't look like the gal he fell for anymore. Ante up your game!!!
best of luck
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by mezainab(f): 7:08pm On May 18, 2007
"your boyfriend is a foolish mugu he's suppose to admire you a lot even if my friends think i look old i will be a bit offensive if my boyfriends say so i will dump him on spot who does he think he is, some nigerian guys don't know their babes is just managing their ugliness and this one is even feeling funky"

LMAO!!! please tell them.

well, she must really love the guy to be so depressed. If such statement comes from somebody you dont love, you may tell him to beat it. But when it comes from somebody you love, you'd definitely  feel bad because you'd feel he should know the things that hurt you to some extent.

@ poster
You should know the kind of person your guy is by now. If he's the playful  or the blunt type,it shouldnt bother you instead, look for a way to tell him that you're hurt. And such discussions shouldnt wait for so long or else he'd think you're bearing it inside. Anytime you feel bad about such statements let him know because most guys talk to their babes  the same way they talk to their fellow guys especially those ones that has no sisters. ' wink
Just let him know what hurts you.
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by joobreel(m): 7:21pm On May 18, 2007
tellthem, dont get yourself unnecessarily worked upover the issue. he might just be referring to the way you look at the time he made the statement. just work on how you look. but on the other hand, if what he meant was the way you have been looking lately, then there seems to be a problem. some guys dont really know how to go about it when thay want out. so, thay give a lot of excuses. dicuss this statement with him and let him know how you feel. if he is unrepentant, then you should be prepared for the worst- OUT. all the best
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by goodguy(m): 11:05pm On May 18, 2007
Now I can't stomach this any longer.  I'm sick and tired of all the stupid and disgusting comments on this thead so far.

Can't you people read?  I mean those of you saying that she should dump the guy, and those saying that he probably has someone else (I'm even more perplexed that some guys are also on this line of thought)    Incase you guys missed it, this is what she posted on page 2:

we were not fighting
i was only admiring myself in the mirror and i asked him do you think i hav eth ebody of a 2- year old and he said yes i do ( which hurts cosi know i don't )

then he said but your face looks old ,

and that was it

i have never been so hurt

so hurt i had to bring it to Nairaland users to console me
**Emphasis mine.**

Exegesis:

She was admiring herself in the mirror, she asked him a simple question about her appearance, and being the lovely gentleman and honest person he is, he told her the plain truth.  In fact, I completely agree with FemiD  on this one.  From this post of hers, he did not sound like he was ridiculing her or trying to make her feel bad  --  far from it.  He was just being frank (or are you ladies here trying to make me really believe that all you love to hear are just lies?).  If your boyfriend cannot tell you a simple truth without you feeling uncomfortable with it, then I guess a stranger will most likely appeal to you right?  No wonder guys have become perpetual liars.

Deep down within herself, this lady here probably knows that the guy was being sincere.  She only felt hurt (because truth hurts!) and needed to console herself, and that was why she came here to make it a topic.  I don't think she started this thread for anyone to start calling her boyfriend all sorts of names.

Atimes, I really wonder how some people reason.  You people have only heard her own side of the story, and you're already bashing the other party.  This is the major reason why I hardly post on threads like this.  The posters usually give a baised account of an incidence, and the "lovely" and "helpful" Nairalanders are usually so quick to pass fatuous judgements.

Bullshit!

Anyway, Tellthem, I hope you've already gotten the consolation you needed.

Good night!
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by somze(f): 8:31am On May 19, 2007
@goodguy
sosmebody seems angry angry
Take am easy oh grin
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by Seun(m): 9:44am On May 19, 2007
Her boyfriend is an idiot. If she looks old, it is not his duty to tell her since she can't make herself look young.
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by trendy(f): 9:52am On May 19, 2007
if he say you look old, tell him he is ugly and have bad breathe
then dump him

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nairalanders Lets Be The Judge.....pix / Know Your Birthday Twinny!!!!! / Is It Bad For A Man To Be Emotional?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.