Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,481 members, 7,819,753 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:24 PM

My Boyfriend Said I Look Old - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Boyfriend Said I Look Old (17213 Views)

My Boyfriend Said Am Not A Wife Material, Plus Our Chat Pics / My Boyfriend Said He Needs A Break / My Boyfriend Said That I Seduced Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by Tellthem(f): 9:44am On May 17, 2007
This is a very depressing statement to tell someone,

especially coming from someone you are intimate with

i am so depressed this morning i dont think i can work

what do you guys think?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by fellow(m): 9:46am On May 17, 2007
shocked shocked

Signs that he's either had someone he's been seeing outside or he wants OUT!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by kachiface(m): 9:50am On May 17, 2007
That's really sad. I wonder what the circumstances in which he made that statement,

It could mean he was trying to say somethting about the way you dressed today, not particularly about you as a person or stuff like that.

I understand this could hurt your feelings deeply, but don't take it to heart and think on all tthe negatives. truly ask yourself - what's your dressing like today? Are you dressed like a chic or a mama? That could be all he was referring to.

what the hell, call him up and ask exactly what he meant! Tell him how you feel and have yourself a jolly merry day.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by Seun(m): 9:53am On May 17, 2007
That's a very mean thing to say, but the context is what matters. Were you guys having an argument? Tell us!
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by desorlah(f): 9:56am On May 17, 2007
He might not mean it, perhaps he was joking.

But also try as much not to dress old, always look your best at all times.
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by dollyp1cute(f): 9:59am On May 17, 2007
Tell him he doesn't look that young himself tongue.

Meanwhile you check yourself and the clothes you been wearing lately, or food you been eating, Behind up a bit if you have been slacking.

Failing that he probably been or wants to start seeing someone on the the side.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by fellow(m): 10:01am On May 17, 2007
Tellthem:

i am so depressed this morning i don't think i can work

what do you guys think?

desorlah:

He might not mean it, perhaps he was joking.

But also try as much not to dress old, always look your best at all times.
Joking indeed!!! Taking another look at the post, the poster said she was so depressed which means she didn't see it as a joke. I don't think its a matter of what you look like when you are dressed as he would have been more specific if it were to be the cloth but he must have taken a good look at her before he said those mean words.
For me there's more to it than just your dressing!
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by fellow(m): 10:02am On May 17, 2007
dollyp1cute:

Failing that he probably been or wants to start seeing someone on the the side.

My sure bet
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by yogun(f): 10:07am On May 17, 2007
Good luck gurl

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by kachiface(m): 10:07am On May 17, 2007
Hush you - fellow! Not everybody is good at mincing words and placing emphasis at the right spots.

You must all think of the worst, murky reasons huh? If a guy wants to leave you he will never make such a statement unless its in a heated argument. If it was not a heated argument or something of the sort, such a comment would be based on the assumption that the lady would understand where his emphasis is - which i maintain is most probably her manner of dressing.

I have said that to my girlfriend before, but that was properly delivered and we laughed over it.I have even told her she is starting to look like canned coke and not the 35cl bottle - she got the gist and started working out, I think its an error in the manner of delivery from the guy.
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by fellow(m): 10:16am On May 17, 2007
kachi_face:

Hush you - fellow! Not everybody is good at mincing words and placing emphasis at the right spots.

You must all think of the worst, murky reasons huh? If a guy wants to leave you he will never make such a statement unless its in a heated argument. If it was not a heated argument or something of the sort, such a comment would be based on the assumption that the lady would understand where his emphasis is - which i maintain is most probably her manner of dressing.
I think it should be the other way round. If it was in the middle of an arguement then its as a result of his anger and what he thinks needs a change as regards his girlfriend but it wasn't that. He told her straight to her face that "she's looking old"
kachi_face:

I have said that to my girlfriend before, but that was properly delivered and we laughed over it.I have even told her she is starting to look like canned coke and not the 35cl bottle - she got the gist and started working out, I think its an error in the manner of delivery from the guy.
I know its guys like you that tell your girlfriend stuffs like that. why wouldn't you want to justify your own actions. abegi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by Tornadoz(m): 10:21am On May 17, 2007
I agree with kachi_face. Nothing to be depressed about, plenty fish in the sea.
You will get over it, it is acceptable if he said it in the heat of an argument.
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by Tellthem(f): 10:21am On May 17, 2007
@KACHI FACE I AM NOT DRESSED LIKE A MAMA O
I AM DRESSED LIKE A CHIC
a guy told me i looked beautiful on my way to work

i am not even fat i wear 10 up and 10/12 down UK size

i exercise alot as well so why should he say that i am really hurt

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by whiteroses(f): 10:25am On May 17, 2007
your boyfriend is a foolish mugu he's suppose to admire you a lot even if my friends think i look old i will be a bit offensive if my boyfriends say so i will dump him on spot who does he think he is, some nigerian guys don't know their babes is just managing their ugliness and this one is even feeling funky
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by FemiD(m): 10:27am On May 17, 2007
No one can get you depressed without your consent. It will appear that it was not just the fact that he said it that got you depressed but you also must have agreed with him somehow - and that is where the real problem lies. It is a problem of ego. My advise is that - u should build up your ego and it won't matter if he was serious or joking cos u will be convinced of who you are and what you stand for.
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by sw: 10:32am On May 17, 2007
Tellthem, Kindly send me ur pics maybe u might b suitable for me, owoblowj@yahoo.co.uk
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by kachiface(m): 10:33am On May 17, 2007
Abeg no vex, but if you're sure you're dressed like a chic, well then,

Anyway, about guys sayin you look beautiful ( grin It depends, cos we can say that to the ugliest chic on the face of the planet grin)

Also maybe you used to look like Angelina Jolie or Shakira (Hot steamy and sexy) and now you look a lil bit like Madonna with the hair off (just kidding!)

Anyway, if you're sure he's up to something? Try to work it out - if your relationship is worth it, otherwise, beat him to it - drop him, if you're all the sizes you mentioned, then, I just may be interested  grin

whaddya think i hook u up with ma number or you gimme urs??
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by Tellthem(f): 10:33am On May 17, 2007
femi ths is not an ego matter , any normal girl will break down hearing this fromsmeone you think loves you
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by Tellthem(f): 10:38am On May 17, 2007
@ kachi

LOL

thats funny really funny

@ sw, hmmmm

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by kachiface(m): 10:42am On May 17, 2007
@ sw, hmmmm

does that mean you're thinking about it, my number is 080-52-----
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by kachiface(m): 10:45am On May 17, 2007
While you're at it, check out my website: http://www.234world.com . Its an online shopping mall

I can have your bf buy you something like roses or y'know to cheer you up. I could send you something myself, but you did not indicate your location? abi u no dey for naija sef?
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by sexxxxy(f): 10:45am On May 17, 2007
whiteroses:

your boyfriend is a foolish mugu he's suppose to admire you a lot even if my friends think i look old i will be a bit offensive if my boyfriends say so i will dump him on spot who does he think he is, some nigerian guys don't know their babes is just managing their ugliness and this one is even feeling funky
i think thats a childish talk,if ur boyfriend cant tell u things about ur self,who else should tell u,even though nobody wants hear that kind of stuffs about themselves,but it makes u sit upright and see ,where u've been letting urself go, i think its best to have ppl that will tell u the truth, ,the way he said it is might be wrong , but  look at urself in the mirror and see if hes right or wrong i mean if u see halle berry in the mirror then it dont matter but if u see whoopie, then,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by moondust(m): 10:48am On May 17, 2007
na wah o!, but seriously how old r u? are u older than him?
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by Tellthem(f): 10:50am On May 17, 2007
@ sexxxxy

LOL that is soo funnny
i wishi could paste my pic here i dont look bad
wheni look in the mirror i dont see halle i dont se whoopie

i see myself , beautiful, medim height, to-die-for- shape , well spoken, educated, lovely eyes,
thats what i see ,
i cant and wont be any body else i will be myself who ever cant leave with it can kiss my A**

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by Tellthem(f): 10:52am On May 17, 2007
he is months older than i am i aminmy late twenties

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by FemiD(m): 10:55am On May 17, 2007
Well, I think it must be that he was thinking aloud, he probably saw something has changed. The truth is everyone (even your boyfriend) can both be ugly and beautiful, depending on a wide range of factors from mood, hair-do, dressing, composure, posture etc

I will advise you to talk things over with him, but then I think u really don't to get worried since he has just said it once and may not really mean it.

Just in case, he keeps muttering the same line of jargon, then show him your back and call the relationship off.
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by kachiface(m): 10:57am On May 17, 2007
By the way, @Tellthem, lemme hook you up with my poster, i like this chic here

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by sw: 10:58am On May 17, 2007
Tellthem, i think we are compatible, just e-mail me, tell ur boyfriend that u've gotten someone that appreciate u. waiting for you reply.
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by kachiface(m): 11:01am On May 17, 2007
Hey SW,
we can't struggle for the same 'chic' Its either you or me, (afterall the first guy that found her thinks she's old).

since she says she's not too far from Whoopi, well, I just may be changing my mind, grin

none the case, she should hook us up with her photo first
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by cuteass1(f): 11:03am On May 17, 2007
@ sexxxxxy
you're so so right wink wink I second you.

@ topic
Hello peeps, please lets come back to planet earth

@ Tellthem

dearie please come down, and do think. I don't think he'll tell you that just to hurt you out of the blue. If he wasn't interested in you any longer, I'm sure he'd have found a better way of telling you that,

If you guys weren't quarrelling, then something else might be behind it. He loves you, and will therefore want you to lokok your best, whats the point in him hiding it. You just got to ask him what he meant.
I can remember in 2004, we were in naija, everyone was like "chei, Linda, isn't there food in Norway, you look so skinny, i was hurt but my mum and boyfriend were like "honey, you look fine, you're gorgeous, blah blah blah" to my greatest surprise, when we were back in Norway, both of them were like "yea, you really do look skinny and too thin" I was like "and why didn't you tell me all this while" and they went "if we had joined the que, you would have been thricely hurt, so we had to cheer you by saying you looked fine.

Even though it still hurt, I understood they only wanted me to look my best, so i add some weight and looked much more healthier though still slim, but not to the extent of looking hunger-beaten grin

What I'm trying to say is this, isn't it better to hear it from someone that loves you?? and do something about it, or would you be more convinced if it ame from a total starnger?? He might have said it in the most wrong way, but not everybody is good at biting their words before shooting, iy might be your makeup, your hair do, there are million of things that could be the case, just talk to him and ask . . someone who asks never misses their road they say!! wink cheesy
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by bdaf(m): 11:05am On May 17, 2007
he just said so! are u really old?
may be it is the way u dress,
the way u apply ur makeups,

try new methods in the way u do ur things.

if u ve the courage, tell him u r [font=Lucida Sans Unicode]beautifu.[/[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color]font]
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by sexxxxy(f): 11:07am On May 17, 2007
Tellthem:

@ sexxxxy

LOL that is soo funnny
i wishi could paste my pic here i don't look bad
wheni look in the mirror i don't see halle i don't se whoopie

i see myself , beautiful, medim height, to-die-for- shape , well spoken, educated, lovely eyes,
thats what i see ,
i can't and wont be any body else i will be myself who ever can't leave with it can kiss my A**

well if u look good,then i guess it don't matter, so don't don't feel depressed

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Beauty Fades, Be Loyal / Nigerian Lady Shows Off Her Main "Pussy" (photos) / Is It Bad For A Man To Be Emotional?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.