Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,362 members, 7,812,026 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:37 AM

Life in Beijing As an International Student. - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Life in Beijing As an International Student. (80475 Views)

Cost Of Living In Australia: 5 Things You Must Know As An International Student / China Completes It's £9 Billion Mega Airport In Beijing After 4 Years (Photos) / Beijing Daxing International Airport: Making Of World Largest, Biggest Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by jrondit(m): 11:32am On Sep 20, 2019
OP. Could these guidelines be followed for undergraduate studies ranging from the scholarship to admission application, maybe excempting supervisor, to visa procurement or would you kindly create another thread for us?

Secondly what expenses does the scholarship cover and what are flight ticket cost and any other incurred expenses.

Lastly unlike USA, canada and some other European countries where most classes are evening classes and you can work in the day and attend class. Is there such as work and learn in China?

BTW I have NECO as my o'level and wish to pursue civil engineering or architecture(heard they are one of the best in those field). Which of their universities would you recommend or any other available scholarship of other country I can apply for presently. Thanks
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by Nobody: 11:46am On Sep 20, 2019
tohyorsih2:

Ijebu man spotted. SMH

grin grin

Dear, first I'm not Ijebu.

Second, please feel free to call me anything and even shake your head on my matter. I'm not ashamed.

Third, I have got to manage cause that's the situation for now. When data comes plenty, I'll be coming online often grin
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by amaniro: 11:56am On Sep 20, 2019
tohyorsih2:

Yeah i'm trying. Black monkey?
Any one who calls me that would definitely recieve a hot slap on his/her face tongue

Lol, and our country is a "developing" nation not "underdeveloped " grin
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by Arckeen: 11:58am On Sep 20, 2019
How will I go about it , if I want to come to this country ? It would cost like how much ? And what’s the process . Please I’m highly Interested explain to me .
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by amaniro: 12:46pm On Sep 20, 2019
Arckeen:
How will I go about it , if I want to come to this country ? It would cost like how much ? And what’s the process . Please I’m highly Interested explain to me .

To what country?
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by Kingrexyl(m): 1:44pm On Sep 20, 2019
tohyorsih2:

If only you can put what you just said to practice. Heaven knows your forefathers will weep for you in their graves.
Baboon
All these stupid mannerless bitch who only have mouth online, talk to me this way if I dont cut you to pieces call me a bastard, that day will be the day you will breath last, stupid bitch!

1 Like

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by cue64: 4:17pm On Sep 20, 2019
Gz

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by kenneyyice(m): 4:39pm On Sep 20, 2019
Chidonsky:
there is a thread by a lady updating her immigration from lagos to canada just follow her as iam also following her thread.

Link to the thread...
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by Chidonsky: 5:40pm On Sep 20, 2019
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by Arckeen: 6:45pm On Sep 20, 2019
amaniro:

To what country?
any abroad country , that they don’t discriminate too much on blacks and language ish. Where someone can get it and see work, preferably I would prefare Europeans country
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by Mcslize: 7:06pm On Sep 20, 2019
seunmohmoh:
When are you moving?

Before Nigeria next election by God's grace.

1 Like

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by seunmohmoh(f): 7:13pm On Sep 20, 2019
Mcslize:

Before Nigeria next election by God's grace.
Amen. As a worker or student?

2 Likes

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by amaniro: 7:46pm On Sep 20, 2019
Arckeen:
any abroad country , that they don’t discriminate too much on blacks and language ish. Where someone can get it and see work, preferably I would prefare Europeans country

It's tight to go overseas now. Especially because Nigerian has not redeemed its prestige. You can still make it here!
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by ayomide8990(m): 7:49pm On Sep 20, 2019
cue64:
Gz
Which Province Be this
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by cue64: 8:21pm On Sep 20, 2019
ayomide8990:
Which Province Be this
guangdong
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by Arckeen: 8:58pm On Sep 20, 2019
amaniro:

It's tight to go overseas now. Especially because Nigerian has not redeemed its prestige. You can still make it here!
oh my lord, bro I’m tired of this country . Honestly ain’t really bothered b4 but now . Mehnnnn I feel like make I disappear
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by Mcslize: 9:00pm On Sep 20, 2019
seunmohmoh:
Amen. As a worker or student?

As a permanent resident through the skilled migration system. I will be using my educational qualification to apply. Luckily, the process favours my kind of degree more.
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by seunmohmoh(f): 9:38pm On Sep 20, 2019
Mcslize:

As a permanent resident through the skilled migration system. I will be using my educational qualification to apply. Luckily, the process favours my kind of degree more.

Good luck bro.
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by amaniro: 10:39pm On Sep 20, 2019
Arckeen:
oh my lord, bro I’m tired of this country . Honestly ain’t really bothered b4 but now . Mehnnnn I feel like make I disappear

Eyya I feel you but just find little thing doing. Honestly this country is our own and nothing we can do about it.
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by odinga1of: 11:48pm On Sep 20, 2019
seunmohmoh:
If to so I get money you think say I go even know nairaland?? Lol.. Mati japa tipe tipe

I disagree with you. if you have money u will still visit Nairaland travel section to view, read comments and probably add Ur own diaries too.

Anyway, I wish you good luck in your sojourn.
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by Mcslize: 12:12am On Sep 21, 2019

1 Like

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by FA13(m): 9:41am On Sep 21, 2019
jrondit:
OP. Could these guidelines be followed for undergraduate studies ranging from the scholarship to admission application, maybe excempting supervisor, to visa procurement or would you kindly create another thread for us?

Secondly what expenses does the scholarship cover and what are flight ticket cost and any other incurred expenses.

Lastly unlike USA, canada and some other European countries where most classes are evening classes and you can work in the day and attend class. Is there such as work and learn in China?

BTW I have NECO as my o'level and wish to pursue civil engineering or architecture(heard they are one of the best in those field). Which of their universities would you recommend or any other available scholarship of other country I can apply for presently. Thanks
Hello,
Yes, it can be followed by undergraduates too. The process is quite similar for both 'under and over graduates'.

The scholarship (if full) covers your tuition, accommodation and living stipends. Partial scholarship usually covers only tuition.

However there are other cost you might have to bear yourself like residence permit and so on. In view of this, you will need to take some money along say 500 dollars for your expenses before the stipends start coming.

flight fare varies, I saw 225,000 naira on Ethiopia, though did not use it because my Visa was not ready then. So the earlier you book, the cheaper. Some are close to 500K. And if you be Dangote picking sad, you can take business class on Emirates or British Airways, just budget like 1 million naira.

To part time work, contrary to information online that students are now allowed to work, most schools still warn you like seriously to avoid any kind of work especially if you are on scholarship. The only way to work at all is through internship and your supervisor must sign and approve that it is required for you to engage in it before you graduate. Other than that, it is illegal to work. So make adequate plan before coming.

To universities you can apply to, that is in your reach. You should search based on what you want and it should be easier if you follow my previous explanations.

If you however still need help, you have to hire me be that (my charge go big oo grin grin) to do the search for you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by FA13(m): 9:46am On Sep 21, 2019
Students are majorly from Asia and Africa.
By far, the highest number of students are from Pakistan. Bangladesh, Maldives, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Russia, Nigeria, Tunisia, Egypt, Mozambique, Rwanda all have sizeable number of students here.

Few students from European countries like Germany are here for the Chinese language program. ( 1year or 6 months)

2 Likes

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by vichaz10(m): 11:32am On Sep 21, 2019
cue64:
Gz

Wow... The third one make sense die..
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by TissuePaper: 1:06pm On Sep 21, 2019
FA13:

Hello,
Yes, it can be followed by undergraduates too. The process is quite similar for both 'under and over graduates'.

The scholarship (if full) covers your tuition, accommodation and living stipends. Partial scholarship usually covers only tuition.

However there are other cost you might have to bear yourself like residence permit and so on. In view of this, you will need to take some money along say 500 dollars for your expenses before the stipends start coming.

flight fare varies, I saw 225,000 naira on Ethiopia, though did not use it because my Visa was not ready then. So the earlier you book, the cheaper. Some are close to 500K. And if you be Dangote picking sad, you can take business class on Emirates or British Airways, just budget like 1 million naira.

To part time work, contrary to information online that students are now allowed to work, most schools still warn you like seriously to avoid any kind of work especially if you are on scholarship. The only way to work at all is through internship and your supervisor must sign and approve that it is required for you to engage in it before you graduate. Other than that, it is illegal to work. So make adequate plan before coming.

To universities you can apply to, that is in your reach. You should search based on what you want and it should be easier if you follow my previous explanations.

If you however still need help, you have to hire me be that (my charge go big oo grin grin) to do the search for you.
how much stipends do the pay, like how much is it in naira?
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by jrondit(m): 1:42pm On Sep 21, 2019
FA13:

Hello,

Well I might not be able to afford your charges but i should work with these clues you have given me. Work and learn schools i searched for would require me resit GCE, they won't accept NECO. However I would go with either Beijing China or Sydney Australia.
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by FA13(m): 2:11pm On Sep 21, 2019
It is not all good. #crack.

3 Likes

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by FA13(m): 2:15pm On Sep 21, 2019
My best companion now. #Rice cooker.
Best part of it is its autoregulate ability. You dont have to stay with the food. Plug and go and do whatsoever you like, come back 2 days time grin, food is done and will not burn.

I don't know why it is not common (or available) in Nigeria.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by UniportAgbero: 3:46pm On Sep 21, 2019
For those of you comparing Dubai to China, Hong Kong is just a city-state in China and it beats Dubai. How can you compare Dubai to New York, London, Tokyo, Beijing and Hong Kong? That Dubai has facilities the others lack. Bros..abeg learn. That's what we all came here to do. We came to learn from OP. You that have never left the shores of Nigeria, you are berating the OP for choosing China for his Masters. Na wa oh

2 Likes

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by MERCHANDISER: 8:08pm On Sep 21, 2019
UniportAgbero:
For those of you comparing Dubai to China, Hong Kong is just a city-state in China and it beats Dubai. How can you compare Dubai to New York, London, Tokyo, Beijing and Hong Kong? That Dubai has facilities the others lack. Bros..abeg learn. That's what we all came here to do. We came to learn from OP. You that have never left the shores of Nigeria, you are berating the OP for choosing China for his Masters. Na wa oh
hong kong is a country
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by UniportAgbero: 9:49pm On Sep 21, 2019
MERCHANDISER:
hong kong is a country

Please Hong Kong is the capital of Hong Kong. So I know what I'm talking about. I'm comparing cities.

3 Likes

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by uptimum123(m): 11:07pm On Sep 21, 2019
Its very much available in naija

FA13:
My best companion now. #Rice cooker.
Best part of it is its autoregulate ability. You dont have to stay with the food. Plug and go and do whatsoever you like, come back 2 days time grin, food is done and will not burn.

I don't know why it is not common (or available) in Nigeria.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply)

Good Beach: The Newest Beach In Lagos (Stunning Pictures) / Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities / Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.