Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,066 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:35 AM

Life in Beijing As an International Student. - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Life in Beijing As an International Student. (80477 Views)

Cost Of Living In Australia: 5 Things You Must Know As An International Student / China Completes It's £9 Billion Mega Airport In Beijing After 4 Years (Photos) / Beijing Daxing International Airport: Making Of World Largest, Biggest Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by Abiboss: 9:22pm On Sep 18, 2019
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by shadray: 9:37pm On Sep 18, 2019
hello! where the China man na?

1 Like

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by abimic(m): 9:51pm On Sep 18, 2019
And my friend just came in from china having completed his masters with scholarship, even knotted the tie some weeks back, guess china isn't bad for masters afterall.

2 Likes

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by Hilariousthiago(m): 9:59pm On Sep 18, 2019
FA13:
Hello, I am creating this thread as a source of enlightenment for as many as have plans to come to Beijing.

Having gained a lot from travel page, I wish to document my experience and findings here. Hopefully it will help others too to achieve their dreams. To these people, I pray the desire of their hearts be fulfilled speedily and to 'freelancers', happy following.
Please how much is the total package and do China allow students to stay and work after graduation?
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by Fallenhunter: 10:05pm On Sep 18, 2019
Deja93:
Guys please help me decide

I have about 600k andy plan was to go work in Dubai

Can I and should I go to china instead

I have a friend there in China he's a Nigerian

But how is life in China and I go fit see work there

Dubai pros

1) It is more developed
2)You will earn more money
3)It is safer, cleaner and there is more to do
4)Everyone understands and speaks English
5) Everything is in English including movies and entertainment
6) It is much easier to make friends
7)Lots of Africans and black arabs

Dubai cons

1)It is very very hot (48+ degrees in summer)
2) The economy is bad right now, may be difficult to get jobs
3) You will face racism it doesn't matter what your religion is. If you're Muslim they will call you brother for 1 hour on Friday, then continue being racist
4) The law is unequal. Don't get into a fight with a gulf Arab because the law will support them even if you are right
5) No bankruptcy law if your business fails
6) Some Islamic laws so even though everyone is having sex they will arrest you If you kiss in public (even if married) and some hotels won't allow unmarried couples in the same room.

China pros
1) Better weather
2) No Islamic laws and you won't get arrested for kissing someone and hotels won't stop you sharing a room with someone
3) Less Racist than Arabs
4) More historic/cultural things to see
5) More powerful economy and innovation
6) Better legal protection

China cons
1) Really really polluted
2) you will make less money
3) Much Harder to start a job if you are not Chinese
4) More crime and not very clean
5) Many people don't speak English, most activities won't be in English and you will find it much harder to make friends
6) It's more difficult to meet people like you
7) China executes people for much lesser crimes than Dubai
cool Not as much to do

22 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by odimbannamdi(m): 10:08pm On Sep 18, 2019
...following

1 Like

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by Ebendo123(m): 10:21pm On Sep 18, 2019
Go on!

1 Like

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by Tonysmith4sure(m): 10:28pm On Sep 18, 2019
Nice one

1 Like

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by Hilariousthiago(m): 10:46pm On Sep 18, 2019
Fallenhunter:

Dubai pros

1) It is more developed

Dubai cons

3) You will face racism it doesn't matter what your religion is. If you're Muslim they will call you brother for 1 hour on Friday, then continue being racist
4) The law is unequal. Don't get into a fight with a gulf Arab because the law will support them even if you are right
6) Some Islamic laws so even though everyone is having sex they will arrest you If you kiss in public (even if married) and some hotels won't allow unmarried couples in the same room.

China pros
1) Better weather
2) No Islamic laws and you won't get arrested for kissing someone and hotels won't stop you sharing a room with someone

China cons
5) Many people don't speak English, most activities won't be in English and you will find it much harder to make friends
cool Not as much to do
You didn't mention anything about his 600k budget bro

2 Likes

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by cue64: 10:49pm On Sep 18, 2019
Fallenhunter:

Dubai pros

1) It is more developed

Dubai cons

China pros
1) Better weather

China cons
cool Not as much to do
haven Lived in this two places and currently living in China, for me I prefer China, for my own reason... and I think if you reason like I do you’d prefer China too... that said I wonder why you think UEA is more developed than China though.... that’s in all way wrong ..

2 Likes

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by MERCHANDISER: 10:50pm On Sep 18, 2019
Fucklove:
pretty? Abi na her nyansh you wan harvest
Everything isn't all about nyash and boobs,if she give me i'll collect buh that's not my priority

3 Likes

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by Fallenhunter: 10:51pm On Sep 18, 2019
cue64:
haven Lived in this two places and currently living in China, for me I prefer China, for my own reason... and I think if you reason like I do you’d prefer China too... that said I wonder why you think UEA is more developed than China though.... that’s in all way wrong ..

It's fine to prefer whichever you prefer but Dubai is more developed than China as a whole and even Beijing. I won't say all of UAE but Abu Dhabi and Dubai are very well developed and not even London or New York compare with them

2 Likes

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by Mcslize: 10:54pm On Sep 18, 2019
seunmohmoh:
If only I have money for any of them.

What intention are you nurturing in your mind? Leave this country or stay behind?
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by cue64: 10:59pm On Sep 18, 2019
Fallenhunter:

It's fine to prefer whichever you prefer but Dubai is more developed than China as a whole and even Beijing. I won't say all of UAE but Abu Dhabi and Dubai are very well developed and not even London or New York compare with them
you're been funny honestly, saying Dubai is more developed than all of China shows that you haven’t visited none or even if you have you prolly just walked through, i’m Sure you don’t know how huge China is and i’m Sure you don’t know how modern and developed Shanghai alone is, well it depends on how u know development to be...

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by Makaveli1166(m): 11:26pm On Sep 18, 2019
Hadampson:
Chai.. Another travel thread... Yippee cool

Predstan, ni hao grin

Iamboladee

Subomi007

Ugosample

MackyNaija
boss why my name no dey attendance na..
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by Hadampson(m): 11:30pm On Sep 18, 2019
timesup234:
Why didnt you tag me? Dont you know I am now the King of the traveling section?...and yes, China is the best place to study in the world. China is heaven

My bad, king of the travel section. I forgot to mention you sir... No vex abeg smiley

No place is heaven king and can you tell me the reason why you think China is the best place to study in the world??
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by Nobody: 11:45pm On Sep 18, 2019
Fallenhunter:

Dubai pros

1) It is more developed

Dubai cons

China pros
1) Better weather

China cons
cool Not as much to do

Bros I refuse to remain here o

With all these cons make I con go sleep first

Ah ah na that China own worst pass sef

Please can you advice me on what other countries I can migrate to

And with the stated amount

I also have someone in Italy and USA

I also thought of Canada

I'm confused

Nigeria has resetted my brain

Thanks for the reply it's totally a basketful of help

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by onecc(m): 11:48pm On Sep 18, 2019
How I wish l have someone that will help me to visit china, America, Israel and Canada, France and Germany. but all this l strongly belief that GOD will send a helper to me one day. Praise the LORD.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by Hadampson(m): 11:57pm On Sep 18, 2019
Makaveli1166:
boss why my name no dey attendance na..

Lol.. No vex baba

I go dey mention you henceforth whenever i come across any travel thread.

FA13, if you are a regular on travel section, you will know that there are some people who are frustrated. Don't take their words serious
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by Godsknight(m): 12:29am On Sep 19, 2019
pls, can someone apply for PhD program? what are the requirements ?

1 Like

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by seunmohmoh(f): 12:49am On Sep 19, 2019
Mcslize:

What intention are you nurturing in your mind? Leave this country or stay behind?
leave this motherfucking country.
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by ChristoBam: 1:18am On Sep 19, 2019
Fallenhunter:

Dubai pros

1) It is more developed

Dubai cons

China pros
1) Better weather

China cons
cool Not as much to do

I don't agree with some of the things you stated.
1) China is more developed than Dubai ( Shouldn't be argued)
2)If your work is legal, you'll earn more money in China. Take 600k to Dubai! The kind of suffering you'll encounter, you'll end up back in Nigeria.
3)China is safer and cleaner( We're talking about the big cities international students or foreigners would likely live in).

I wouldn't even advice anyone to move to Dubai except it's a short visit.

3 Likes

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by Mcslize: 2:00am On Sep 19, 2019
seunmohmoh:
leave this motherfucking country.

Nah don't leave. We must build this country together.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by Kingrexyl(m): 3:09am On Sep 19, 2019
tohyorsih2:

It's fine thanks.

Hope the heat is not too much in your side
You wey dey wash plate for Cambodia, no let me expose you o.

2 Likes

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by rerhji(m): 3:18am On Sep 19, 2019
FA13:

It is a very good place to be. More international- people friendly. However more expensive.
hello bruh, ve been trynna send u DM...but nt going thru.....can u just drop ur email or WhatsApp no....anyone is okay....thanks
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by luvme0702: 4:42am On Sep 19, 2019
FA13:
Hello, I am creating this thread as a source of enlightenment for as many as have plans to come to Beijing.

Having gained a lot from travel page, I wish to document my experience and findings here. Hopefully it will help others too to achieve their dreams. To these people, I pray the desire of their hearts be fulfilled speedily and to 'freelancers', happy following.

Thanks for the info. It was very explicit too.
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by Fallenhunter: 5:48am On Sep 19, 2019
cue64:
you're been funny honestly, saying Dubai is more developed than all of China shows that you haven’t visited none or even if you have you prolly just walked through, i’m Sure you don’t know how huge China is and i’m Sure you don’t know how modern and developed Shanghai alone is, well it depends on how u know development to be...

I've visited both and it wasn't just walking around. I don't know how you are comparing development but Dubai has better roads, better buildings, more modern technology, better services etc. If you compare military might or successful companies then sure, China is more developed. Else Dubai is a lot more developed.
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by Fallenhunter: 5:52am On Sep 19, 2019
ChristoBam:

I don't agree with some of the things you stated.
1) China is more developed than Dubai ( Shouldn't be argued)
2)If your work is legal, you'll earn more money in China. Take 600k to Dubai! The kind of suffering you'll encounter, you'll end up back in Nigeria.
3)China is safer and cleaner( We're talking about the big cities international students or foreigners would likely live in).

I wouldn't even advice anyone to move to Dubai except it's a short visit.

1) How is China more developed ? Dubai had better roads, better infrastructure, better services and more modern tech with tech booths and apps providing every service you can desire. China is more powerful and more innovative but in terms of actual development of the cities, Dubai is far ahead of Beijing. If you believe I am wrong please provide some proof of why you think so.

2) it's difficult for foreigners to open a business in China and if your work is legal unless it's just another export to Africa business, you will struggle to make enough money as you will start at the bottom. In Dubai, even though you will start at the bottom you can earn more.

3) Bro have you been to either ? I've been to both and Dubai is a lot safer and cleaner (and is ranked as such by every international observer) I'm not saying China has open garbage on the roads (Not in Beijing or Shanghai) but it is a lot more polluted, the side alleys have literal faeces in them and there is a lot more crime than in Dubai (crime is reported in Chinese papers, u won't hear about it in English ones but look up crime statistics)

1 Like

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by Fallenhunter: 5:55am On Sep 19, 2019
Deja93:

Bros I refuse to remain here o

With all these cons make I con go sleep first

Ah ah na that China own worst pass sef

Please can you advice me on what other countries I can migrate to

And with the stated amount

I also have someone in Italy and USA

I also thought of Canada

I'm confused

Nigeria has resetted my brain

Thanks for the reply it's totally a basketful of help

What do you wish to achieve ? If it's making money you can go to Dubai (to earn more quickly) or to Malaysia or China. If you want to move permanently and enjoy a higher quality of life then I'd say USA or Canada. Italy's economy isn't really booming and they speak Italian so it'll be more difficult to make a living there. USA you'll make the most money if you work hard and you can settle there while Canada is safer. You can also become a citizen in Malaysia but it's harder and they're racist against non Muslims.

3 Likes

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by MERCHANDISER: 6:02am On Sep 19, 2019
Lets end the arguement here

Like for UAE(dubai,abu dhabi,sharjah,al ain)

Share for China(beljing,shanghai,hongkong,ghuanzou)

UAE seems to be more developed to me buh Chine has bigger cities....Beljing alone is as big as Oyo state in terms of Land mass

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by FA13(m): 6:13am On Sep 19, 2019
Taniaa:
Racist country

Really!
In what aspect?
I have not experienced that. Though not saying it does not exist at all.

Every country has some racist behaviour, it is only the degree that is different.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Good Beach: The Newest Beach In Lagos (Stunning Pictures) / Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities / Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.