Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,891 members, 7,810,423 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:46 AM

Life in Beijing As an International Student. - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Life in Beijing As an International Student. (80426 Views)

Cost Of Living In Australia: 5 Things You Must Know As An International Student / China Completes It's £9 Billion Mega Airport In Beijing After 4 Years (Photos) / Beijing Daxing International Airport: Making Of World Largest, Biggest Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by Arckeen: 12:55pm On Sep 22, 2019
amaniro:

It's tight to go overseas now. Especially because Nigerian has not redeemed its prestige. You can still make it here!
thank you , I have buiness I’m doing here tho, just that the hope of this country mehnn I don’t understand it
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by Mcslize: 4:23pm On Sep 22, 2019
seunmohmoh:
Good luck bro.

Thanks. As a loyal fan of the travel section, check this thread out for your viewing pleasure.

https://www.nairaland.com/5420117/france-picture-gallery/4#82418092

I don't know if you've already seen it.
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by seunmohmoh(f): 4:25pm On Sep 22, 2019
Mcslize:

Thanks. As a loyal fan of the travel section, check this thread out for your viewing pleasure.

https://www.nairaland.com/5420117/france-picture-gallery/4#82418092

I don't know if you've already seen it before.
Yes I have. Hopefully, I post mine soon.

Which is better between student permit and work permit
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by Nobody: 10:07pm On Sep 22, 2019
Hello, please all the guys that are doing business abroad, can you link me up? I'm 99% loyal and ever ready to start something.
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by FA13(m): 5:23am On Sep 23, 2019
Surprised to see this, on a pedestrian bridge of a major highway. wink . Someone is sun drying groundnut.... grin

13 Likes

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by Nobody: 2:52pm On Sep 23, 2019
FA13:
Surprised to see this, on a pedestrian bridge of a major highway. wink . Someone is sun drying groundnut.... grin
you mean in China
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by FA13(m): 4:41pm On Sep 23, 2019
Boringdraw1:
you mean in China

Yes
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by Nobody: 4:59pm On Sep 23, 2019
Boringdraw1:
you mean in China
No oh, in maiduguri grin

8 Likes

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by Nobody: 5:05pm On Sep 23, 2019
FA13:

Yes
try and investigate, it must be a Nigerian.
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by Nobody: 5:06pm On Sep 23, 2019
xule20:

No oh, in maiduguri grin
I go happy if Maiduguri get fine structures like this.

Do you know I'm from Borno state?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by Nobody: 5:57pm On Sep 23, 2019
Boringdraw1:
I go happy if Maiduguri get fine structures like this.

Do you know I'm from Borno state?
No, just being sarcastic

1 Like

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by odimbannamdi(m): 10:14pm On Sep 23, 2019
FA13:

To part time work, contrary to information online that students are now allowed to work, most schools still warn you like seriously to avoid any kind of work especially if you are on scholarship. The only way to work at all is through internship and your supervisor must sign and approve that it is required for you to engage in it before you graduate. Other than that, it is illegal to work. So make adequate plan before coming.

What if you are on partial scholarship or no scholarship at all? Would you be allowed to work to support your living expense, least?
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by Kingrexyl(m): 8:26am On Sep 24, 2019
tohyorsih2:

If only you can put what you just said to practice. Heaven knows your forefathers will weep for you in their graves.
Baboon
Fucking Cambodian plate washer cheesy
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by Mcslize: 11:38am On Sep 24, 2019
seunmohmoh:
Yes I have. Hopefully, I post mine soon.

Which is better between student permit and work permit

Interesting. It depends on some options. But at the end, it all boiled down to getting the best at the least possible cost.

Now, if you can secure a job with any employer to sponsor you for work permit, that will be a good option as it will cost you less to fund the process.

Then taking the student route won't likewise be bad but it will cost you more to fund the process, and in most cases many of the applicants do get denied of visa for some flimsy excuses. Though, it is still dependent on the school and the country you are applying to.

With that being said, if you can secure a job, you can go through the job permit option or preferably just apply to the canada skilled migration route as it will cost you less than the student route.

The good thing is that, once you meet the requirements for the skilled migration, you are guaranteed of your visa grant no matter how long you waited. But the student permit route has no guarantees even if you meet the requirements.

The bottom line is; if you know you can secure a direct job, then go through the work permit route or skilled migration. The only reason why you should go through the student route is when you know you don't meet the requirements of the other two options. And if you choose to pass through the student route, apply to a country that will offer you the option to stay back after your schooling cuz that's the reason for wanting to leave.

Any country that doesn't offer students an option to stay back after rounding off schooling shouldn't be on your list.

4 Likes

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by seunmohmoh(f): 2:29pm On Sep 24, 2019
Mcslize:

Interesting. It depends on some options. But at the end, it all boiled down to getting the best at the least possible cost.

Now, if you can secure a job with any employer to sponsor you for work permit, that will be a good option as it will cost you less to fund the process.

Then taking the student route won't likewise be bad but it will cost you more to fund the process, and in most cases many of the applicants do get denied of visa for some flimsy excuses. Though, it is still dependent on the school and the country you are applying to.

With that being said, if you can secure a job, you can go through the job permit option or preferably just apply to the canada skilled migration route as it will cost you less than the student route.

The good thing is that, once you meet the requirements for the skilled migration, you are guaranteed of your visa grant no matter how long you waited. But the student permit route has no guarantees even if you meet the requirements.

The bottom line is; if you know you can secure a direct job, then go through the work permit route or skilled migration. The only reason why you should go through the student route is when you know you don't meet the requirements of the other two options. And if you choose to pass through the student route, apply to a country that will offer you the option to stay back after your schooling cuz that's the reason for wanting to leave.

Any country that doesn't offer students an option to stay back after rounding off schooling shouldn't be on your list.
Canada preferably. Can I pm you?
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by seunmohmoh(f): 2:29pm On Sep 24, 2019
Mcslize:

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by Mcslize: 6:01pm On Sep 24, 2019
seunmohmoh:

You're free.
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by seunmohmoh(f): 6:04pm On Sep 24, 2019
Mcslize:

You're free.
Done
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by Mcslize: 10:06pm On Sep 24, 2019
seunmohmoh:
Done

All right, seen. Message replied.
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by jrondit(m): 8:05am On Sep 25, 2019
Mcslize:

All right, seen. Message replied.
Can I dm you too?
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by Mcslize: 8:29am On Sep 25, 2019
jrondit:
Can I dm you too?

You're free.
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by FA13(m): 8:50am On Sep 25, 2019
odimbannamdi:

What if you are on partial scholarship or no scholarship at all? Would you be allowed to work to support your living expense, least?

No

2 Likes

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by jrondit(m): 8:53am On Sep 25, 2019
Mcslize:

You're free.
Sent but if not seen kindly hi me on my whatsapp no at siggy. Thanks
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by adaksbullet: 12:41am On Sep 26, 2019
tohyorsih2:

If only you can put what you just said to practice. Heaven knows your forefathers will weep for you in their graves.
Baboon
iwin
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by Nobody: 4:34am On Sep 26, 2019
adaksbullet:
iwin

Ebora angry
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by FA13(m): 1:39pm On Sep 27, 2019
Hi,

I hope you are all doing fine over there. I promised earlier to give a breakdown of cost incurred in the process of applying for this program. I will give an abridged form below.

1. Application fees: Varies from 20k - 50k depending on the school. Generally the top ranked schools are more expensive than the middle or low- ranked schools. There are some schools as well that has zero smiley application fees ( I know say naa that one you dey find, thief!). Just do the search well. To be on a safe side you need to apply to like atleast 3 schools, so multiply that amount by the amount of schools applied to.

2. Health Report: This is a very comprehensive test that involves you submitting, xray, ECG, blood test reports etc. So it might be expensive if you do it in places like Lagos. Just budget between 15k to 40k( for those that will do it!). Reminder: It must be in a government hospital- teaching hospitals, military hospitals, FMCs etc.

3. Police Report: It also varies with states. It is generally cheaper in Lagos that most places because they all claim they come to Lagos to verify. (Who knows if they actually do!). 5K to 15K is needed for this.

4. Documents Courier: As I explained in my initial posts, some schools require you to send hardcopy credentials to them. You need to use the courier companies for this. Price varies from 20k to 30k. If you so wish, you can use my Nipost method (Dont ask me how, go and read the previous posts) for cheaper fee.

5. Visa fee: When you are admitted, you need to process the Visa. Total cost is around 32k if you will collect by hand, or around 50k if you will receive it by courier since the passport will be returned after 4 working days of successful interview. The price above is for those that will pass the interview once. If more than once, just multiply the figure by how many times( you planned to be interviewed) cool

6. Miscellaneous cost: A lot of miscellaneous cost will arise which might be huge depending on so many factors. Notary public stamp on all your academic certificates for like 500- 1000 naira per page, authentication fee by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, etc. Also if you stay in Lagos and which to go to Abuja for authentication and interview, add transport and accommodation cost to that.

7. Agents fees: If you are rather busy or for one reason or the other could not go through all the rigours of the application process, you might outsource the searching and other things to others to do for you while you concentrate on your work or business. They can help you for small amount (or big one like mine). So you need to plan for this. If you are in this category, you can contact me.
This is not for everyone ooo as you can do the entire process yourself before I will be hearing, I dont have money and I want someone to help me (if you dont have money, you should have time smiley angry

8. Flight cost: it varies with airline and where you are going in China. I came to Beijing, the price will be different for someone going to other smaller provinces who might need other connecting flight or train( book fast train ooo). I spent like close to 300k though.

9. If there is any other cost I did not mentioned, I will either add it later or others who are studying in China can help me out. sad.

N.B.
All costs are in naira.

Do have a great day.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by FA13(m): 1:55pm On Sep 27, 2019
1. Random nice pics...
2 and 3. NNPC Towers-look alike

8 Likes

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by FA13(m): 6:47am On Sep 28, 2019
Visit to Olympic park...
Pictures coming in.
Pics: A view of Beijing 2008 olympics stadium.

4 Likes

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by FA13(m): 6:52am On Sep 28, 2019
Picture 1: Looks like an observation tower.

3 Likes

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by Yw4Real: 4:40pm On Sep 28, 2019
How do I contact u @FA13
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by FA13(m): 4:59pm On Sep 28, 2019
Yw4Real:
How do I contact u @FA13
I replied you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply)

Good Beach: The Newest Beach In Lagos (Stunning Pictures) / Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities / Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.