Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,080 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:15 AM

Is Marrying More Than One Wife A Sin. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Marrying More Than One Wife A Sin. (3247 Views)

Christians, Is Marrying More Than One Woman A Sin? / I Met My Wife A Virgin – Gov Oshiomhole / Are African Men Marrying More White Women Because They Are Better In Bed?:vote (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Marrying More Than One Wife A Sin. by MrsEve: 12:16pm On Nov 01, 2010
This has nothing to do with WESTERN SOCIETY nor EASTERN SOCIETY,

Logically speaking if you are going to say it okay for a man to have more than wife then it should be okay for a woman to have more than one husband,

Wise of the word is: DO not partake in something that you wouldn't want others to partake in.
Re: Is Marrying More Than One Wife A Sin. by MrsEve: 12:17pm On Nov 01, 2010
And also if this the EASTERN THING, then it not a PERSONAL CHOICE,
Re: Is Marrying More Than One Wife A Sin. by buccaneer7(m): 12:24pm On Nov 01, 2010
Logically when you try it as a woman you will loose your societal value. people will call you names, If na lie try it.
Re: Is Marrying More Than One Wife A Sin. by MrsEve: 12:26pm On Nov 01, 2010
So we speaking on DOUBLE STANDARD now?

So it okay for a man to have many concubines and a wife, but it not okay for a woman to have concubines and a husband?

That is selfish and disgusting,
Re: Is Marrying More Than One Wife A Sin. by nellaluv(f): 12:28pm On Nov 01, 2010
MrsEve:

Since it A PERSONAL CHOICE for a man to have multiple wives, then it should be no problem with women have multiple husbands if they chooses so.  What good for the goose is good for the gander.  We are equality society now remember?

GBAM +1 grin
Re: Is Marrying More Than One Wife A Sin. by buccaneer7(m): 12:40pm On Nov 01, 2010

So it okay for a man to have many concubines and a wife, but it not okay for a woman to have concubines and a husband?

That is selfish and disgusting

It has been so for yonks and life repeats itself, If a woman tries it people call her names, It has been so since our fathers we can not know it better than them.

See these white men who are giving us ideals that have spoilt us these days are more and more falling back to our so called primitive ways of life when they fail in their own style. A white man has a legal wife at home and keeps another women outside, I have an american chick whom i knew through my aunt in minnesota, her father has other kids and wives outside , he doesnt even stay with them, he's got money, he is an engineer. Her mother could have left the old man for another guy if she was still young i guess. But come to look at it when a woman gets divorced she has to go dating another woman's husband you know. I a nut shell It is proper when a man has alot of money to share around.

However these days marrying more than one wife is bad because we are now engaged in a white colar job and it will not carry the whole needs of one man one wife. Our father marry many wives because the more kids they have the more wealth, they used their family to work in their farms and indutries. These days it is all government jobs so no more many wives,

Did i make any sense?
Re: Is Marrying More Than One Wife A Sin. by harakiri(m): 12:45pm On Nov 01, 2010
@Post

When i was still religious, there were a thousand and one questions i asked myself concerning so many inconstitencies in the bible and Christianity as a whole and this question is one of them.I perused the bible from genesis to revelation, read apocrypa and lost bible books and i am yet to find one place where it's written that polygamy is a sin.Even King Solomon who is acclaimed to be the wisest man who ever lived had 700 wives and 300 concubines.Think about that for a second.This is coming from someone who was bestowed with wisdom superseding that of all mankind.

The one man-one wife doctrine originated from Roman Catholicism and the reason for this was based on economic reasons and not for "religious" purposes.At a certain period in time, the Roman Vatican was the god on earth.They ruled over kings,queens,all forms of governments.Laws could not be created without their approval.Even the banking industry you know about today started in the Catholic church (by the Medici family).

Read your history a bit more.

Nuff said.
Re: Is Marrying More Than One Wife A Sin. by buccaneer7(m): 12:51pm On Nov 01, 2010
When i was still religious, there were a thousand and one questions i asked myself concerning so many inconstitencies in the bible and Christianity as a whole and this question is one of them.I perused the bible from genesis to revelation, read apocrypa and lost bible books and i am yet to find one place where it's written that polygamy is a sin.Even King Solomon who is acclaimed to be the wisest man who ever lived had 700 wives and 300 concubines.Think about that for a second.This is coming from someone who was bestowed with wisdom superseding that of all mankind.

The one man-one wife doctrine originated from Roman Catholicism and the reason for this was based on economic reasons and not for "religious" purposes.At a certain period in time, the Roman Vatican was the god on earth.They ruled over kings,queens,all forms of governments.Laws could not be created without their approval.Even the banking industry you know about today started in the Catholic church (by the Medici family).

Read your history a bit more.

Nuff said.

Once again you are too too correct, All the laws we are given by the western dogmas are for either economic or social benefits, It is politics all the way
Re: Is Marrying More Than One Wife A Sin. by MrsEve: 1:26pm On Nov 01, 2010
I gets tired of BLACK PEOPLE blaming pale people for THEIR DECISIONS, pale people don't have that control OVER YOU regardless of what you think, and simply because YOU CHOSEN to engage in such A DIGUSTING act has no bearing on COLOR or GENDER of any sort,

This is HE/SHE made me do this society instead of owning up to the fact that YOU MADE THAT CHOICE TO partake in something that IS DOUBLE STANDARD all day long is CHILDISH and moronic,

I know a woman DID NOT WRITE THAT PART OF THE BOOKS where men can have more than one wives if he can afford, IT OBVIOUS a writer with a dingaling (dikk) wrote it,
Re: Is Marrying More Than One Wife A Sin. by harakiri(m): 1:34pm On Nov 01, 2010
buccaneer7:

Once again you are too too correct,  All the laws we are given by the western dogmas are for either economic or social benefits,  It is politics all the way

Thanks man.

The thing is, the rulers of those days (and even presently) knew the strong hold religion had on the masses.Look at the U.S for instance.Their laws have a lot of Christian undertones.Their military have a motto which says "in god we trust" and yet, they send unmanned drones to kill innocent people in the middle east at random.Tens of thousands have died and all we hear on CNN is that they attacked a "suspected" terrorist cell killing 4 terrorists and 539 innocent women and children.

As far as i am concerned, i don't even know why marriage hasn't been scraped in western countries.The purpose of it has been defeated.I'm not talking about Nigeria.Why would any sane man either in the US or Europe want to get married when there are so many ridiculous one sided laws that protect the interest of women and women alone? Why would you want to get married when you know that you can be kicked out of your OWN house which you bought before you met your wife and not only lose the house but a whole lot more including retirement benefits,investments here and there which would be un-equally shared by heartless judges in favour of the wife? Even having a child is risky now not to talk of getting yourself into an over glorified bondage called marriage. The day such laws are enforced in Nigeria, i bet you our women will be sending divorce papers straight from the maternity ward.You know say our people no dey carry last.

What is the purpose of marriage anyway? If it's seXxX, you can keep a string of women to satisfy your libido and have no room for womanese nonsense.If it's heirs you want, you can have a child from anyone. . .so kini big deal?All na bondage. They say marriage is built on trust.If that is so, why the marriage ceremony? Why can't the guy and lady just hug themselves and say "we are now married"? Why must they go to registry? Why court marriage? Why sign papers? Why swear oaths of for better, for worse? Why wear a ring (another bondage) ? Are these signs of trust? Abeg, make person hia word.

All these practices you see today were created to keep the masses in check for economic reasons.There is absolutely NOTHING holy or sacred about it.

Nuff said!
Re: Is Marrying More Than One Wife A Sin. by buccaneer7(m): 1:42pm On Nov 01, 2010
I gets tired of[b] BLACK PEOPLE blaming pale people for THEIR DECISIONS, pale people don't have that control OVER YOU regardless of what you think, and simply because YOU CHOSEN to engage in such A DIGUSTING act has no bearing on COLOR or GENDER of any sort[/b],

This is HE/SHE made me do this society instead of owning up to the fact that YOU MADE THAT CHOICE TO partake in something that IS DOUBLE STANDARD all day long is CHILDISH and moronic,

I know a woman DID NOT WRITE THAT PART OF THE BOOKS where men can have more than one wives if he can afford, IT OBVIOUS a writer with a dingaling (dikk) wrote it,

You have t live with the fact that there is a lead group and those people have pale skin. If you are a politician you will understand that, if you argue well i leave you to your opinion on that
Re: Is Marrying More Than One Wife A Sin. by harakiri(m): 1:44pm On Nov 01, 2010
MrsEve:

I gets tired of BLACK PEOPLE blaming pale people for THEIR DECISIONS, pale people don't have that control OVER YOU regardless of what you think, and simply because YOU CHOSEN to engage in such A DIGUSTING act has no bearing on COLOR or GENDER of any sort,

Em,

Ain't nobody blaming no pale people for their woes or any crap like dat.What's being discussed here is the credibility of the one man-one wife dogma.

Stay on topic please.Thanks.
Re: Is Marrying More Than One Wife A Sin. by harakiri(m): 1:48pm On Nov 01, 2010
buccaneer7:

You have t live with the fact that there is a lead group and those people have pale skin. If you are a politician you will understand that, if you argue well i leave you to your opinion on that

I think it's best to leave the topic as it is.If we go in too deep, then issues of the corrupt Roman Vatican,the knight templars,the crusades,the illuminati,the skulls and bones society,the fake 9/11 story,the real reason the U.S invaded Iraq amongst other things will come up.Make we no too talk.

Make we focus on how many wives we go marry.I dey think of 4.You nko?
grin grin cheesy
Re: Is Marrying More Than One Wife A Sin. by buccaneer7(m): 1:49pm On Nov 01, 2010
Thanks man.

The thing is, the rulers of those days (and even presently) knew the strong hold religion had on the masses.Look at the U.S for instance.Their laws have a lot of Christian undertones.Their military have a motto which says "in god we trust" and yet, they send unmanned drones to kill innocent people in the middle east at random.Tens of thousands have died and all we hear on CNN is that they attacked a "suspected" terrorist cell killing 4 terrorists and 539 innocent women and children.

As far as i am concerned, i don't even know why marriage hasn't been scraped in western countries.The purpose of it has been defeated.I'm not talking about Nigeria.Why would any sane man either in the US or Europe want to get married when there are so many ridiculous one sided laws that protect the interest of women and women alone? Why would you want to get married when you know that you can be kicked out of your OWN house which you bought before you met your wife and not only lose the house but a whole lot more including retirement benefits,investments here and there which would be un-equally shared by heartless judges in favour of the wife? Even having a child is risky now not to talk of getting yourself into an over glorified bondage called marriage. The day such laws are enforced in Nigeria, i bet you our women will be sending divorce papers straight from the maternity ward.You know say our people no dey carry last.

What is the purpose of marriage anyway? If it's seXxX, you can keep a string of women to satisfy your libido and have no room for womanese nonsense.If it's heirs you want, you can have a child from anyone. . .so kini big deal?All na bondage. They say marriage is built on trust.If that is so, why the marriage ceremony? Why can't the guy and lady just hug themselves and say "we are now married"? Why must they go to registry? Why court marriage? Why sign papers? Why swear oaths of for better, for worse? Why wear a ring (another bondage) ? Are these signs of trust? Abeg, make person hia word.

All these practices you see today were created to keep the masses in check for economic reasons.There is absolutely NOTHING holy or sacred about it.

Nuff said!

Hell yes again. i dey feel you anger, Tell them. See those american missle they even write in God we strust on them. As for me when i might marry more than one wife from different countries,
Re: Is Marrying More Than One Wife A Sin. by buccaneer7(m): 1:52pm On Nov 01, 2010
I think it's best to leave the topic as it is.If we go in too deep, then issues of the corrupt Roman Vatican,the knight templars,the crusades,the illuminati,the skulls and bones society,the fake 9/11 story,the real reason the U.S invaded Iraq amongst other things will come up.Make we no too talk.

Make we focus on how many wives we go marry.I dey think of 4.You nko?

I never know for now,  Maybe 4 or three okay,  but if i break my papa record i go mary more than three. two from nigeria. . . grin grin grin
Re: Is Marrying More Than One Wife A Sin. by MrsEve: 1:57pm On Nov 01, 2010
buccaneer7:

See these white men who are giving us ideals that have spoilt us these days are more and more falling back to our so called primitive ways of life when they fail in their own style. A white man has a legal wife at home and keeps another women outside, I have an american chick whom i knew through my aunt in minnesota, her father has other kids and wives outside , he doesnt even stay with them, he's got money, he is an engineer. Her mother could have left the old man for another guy if she was still young i guess. But come to look at it when a woman gets divorced she has to go dating another woman's husband you know. I a nut shell It is proper when a man has alot of money to share around.

However these days marrying more than one wife is bad because we are now engaged in a white colar job and it will not carry the whole needs of one man one wife. Our father marry many wives because the more kids they have the more wealth, they used their family to work in their farms and indutries. These days it is all government jobs so no more many wives,

Did i make any sense?

Hairaki,

If you learn to read EFFECTIVELY and ACTUALLY reads the comments that are posted, you will see that I am on topic by responding to what a respondent wrote,

IF you chooses to partake in a disgusting act then THAT YOU, my point STILL REMAINS, if a man can have more than one wife, it should not be any problem with a woman having more than one husband,

You seems to get upset at the notion of that could happen one day, IN YOUR COUNTRY,
Re: Is Marrying More Than One Wife A Sin. by harakiri(m): 2:10pm On Nov 01, 2010
MrsEve:

Hairaki,

If you learn to read EFFECTIVELY and ACTUALLY reads the comments that are posted, you will see that I am on topic by responding to what a respondent wrote,

IF you chooses to partake in a disgusting act then THAT YOU, my point STILL REMAINS, if a man can have more than one wife, it should not be any problem with a woman having more than one husband,

You seems to get upset at the notion of that could happen one day, IN YOUR COUNTRY,

You are the one who needs help in breaking down simple English.What bucket man (sorry buccaneer7 and myself) have been trying to say is that the methods and dogmas that the foreigners imposed on us aren't working for them not to talk of ourselves.We are not blaming our woes on anybody.We are only pointing our obvious facts and also i went as far as showing the origin of the dogmas.

Go back to the classroom lady.You need help ASAP! ! !
Re: Is Marrying More Than One Wife A Sin. by buccaneer7(m): 2:17pm On Nov 01, 2010
You are the one who needs help in breaking down simple English.What bucket man (sorry buccaneer7 and myself) have been trying to say is that the methods and dogmas that the foreigners imposed on us aren't working for them not to talk of ourselves.We are not blaming our woes on anybody.We are only pointing our obvious facts and also i went as far as showing the origin of the dogmas.

Go back to the classroom lady.You need help ASAP! ! !

Yes sir she does. And i asked her to marry more than one husband and see what will happen? What will happen will happen because it is not nrmal for a woman to be with two man but that a man can be with many wives. It has been since olden days and it will never change.

Since white man has proven that all race came from africa(homo sapien), it is clear that everything they have and know are refined edition of what they learnt from us. They will always fall back to our ways of doing things,
Re: Is Marrying More Than One Wife A Sin. by MrsEve: 2:18pm On Nov 01, 2010
Harikai,

I don't care if you WANT OR HAVE MULTIPLE WIVES, that your health not mine,

Why do I need to go back to a classroom because YOU can't comprehend my statements? undecided  I see debate classes nor reading classes weren't an option in your area.  

It okay, paranoia dementia is blessing in disguise.
Re: Is Marrying More Than One Wife A Sin. by MrsEve: 2:20pm On Nov 01, 2010
As I stated previously,

boys get rile up and frustrated when you turn the table back on them,

Word of the wise: Don't partake in something that you do not want others to partake in!
Re: Is Marrying More Than One Wife A Sin. by buccaneer7(m): 2:20pm On Nov 01, 2010
dementia
   ?   hahahah   grin grin grin  It is also an insult in disguise huh grin
Re: Is Marrying More Than One Wife A Sin. by buccaneer7(m): 2:21pm On Nov 01, 2010
As I stated previously,

boys get rile up and frustrated when you turn the table back on them,

Word of the wise: Don't partake in something that you do not want others to partake in!

Why turn the table around when you have your own place?
Re: Is Marrying More Than One Wife A Sin. by MrsEve: 2:24pm On Nov 01, 2010
If the shoe fit, WEAR IT,
Carry on, I don't partake in spitting contests,
Becareful the chain is kind of tight around the neck,
Poster,

What do you think about marrying more than one wife? Do you think it a sin?
Re: Is Marrying More Than One Wife A Sin. by MrsEve: 2:28pm On Nov 01, 2010
Buccaneer,

If it EASY FOR A MAN TO MARRY MULTIPLE WIVES, it also easy for A WOMAN TO MARRY MULTIPLE HUSBANDS,

Stop making excuses for being interestor of disgusting acts,
Re: Is Marrying More Than One Wife A Sin. by Nobody: 2:30pm On Nov 01, 2010
@Harakiri, lol at "when i was still religious"! So you've lost all faith now? No be small thing oh. Anways, how've you been?

MrsEve:

That is selfish and disgusting,

Lol at this dubious reasoning. Isn't it 'double standard' that men have to pay the bride price? Isn't it 'double standard' that a man is expected to 'take care' of his woman (in other words spend spend spend on her bills bills bills)? Isn't it 'double standard' that a woman is permitted to sit at home as a housewife and luxuriate in her husband's hard-earned money, while a man in that position would be derided as lazy and unproductive? Isn't it 'double standard' that a woman's wealth is her beauty while a man's beauty is his wealth? Isn't it 'double standard' that the market-price of pussie is generally higher than that of prickk for no just cause? Have men been complaining about all these double standards? If the answer is no, then what in Jehova's name are you complaining about if not that women truly love to have their cake and eat it? You can't be in front and be at the back at the same time.

Society conferred distinct advantages and disadvantages to both sexes and it is exceedingly futile to moan, groan and whine about things that have existed before you were born and would continue to exist long after you're gone.

If I'm not complaining that my girlfriend has never taken me shopping, then she shouldn't complain that I am polygamous in orientation and in deed. If your husband has never lamented the fact that you did not pay a 'groom price' on his head as it were, then you should not lament his freedom to take a second wife if he so pleases. Society has set-down these different role-behaviours and role-expectations; it's no use being disgusted by that. Best thing is to enjoy the 'benefits' of one's gender and learn to live with the limitations. Call me a male chauvinist if you like, but polygamy is one of such 'benefits' that women cannot enjoy (except in India, perhaps because there women pay the 'groom price' and are the bread winners). besides I don.t see how the bread winner and the 'bread eater(s)' would have equal rights and privileges, how possible is that? Such audacity. Anyways, that is basically it.
Re: Is Marrying More Than One Wife A Sin. by buccaneer7(m): 2:35pm On Nov 01, 2010
Buccaneer,

If it EASY FOR A MAN TO MARRY MULTIPLE WIVES, it also easy for A WOMAN TO MARRY MULTIPLE HUSBANDS,

Stop making excuses for being interestor of disgusting acts,

Try it and reap the consiquences. Maybe you will come up on guiness book of records.
Re: Is Marrying More Than One Wife A Sin. by MrsEve: 2:39pm On Nov 01, 2010
Prop,

Men invented BRIDE PRICE not women, and you COMPLAINING? HMMM,

Anyway, bucca you can do better than that, MAYBE NOT,

Carry on with the topic,
Re: Is Marrying More Than One Wife A Sin. by Nobody: 1:41pm On Nov 02, 2010
go ask king solomon.
Re: Is Marrying More Than One Wife A Sin. by buccaneer7(m): 1:45pm On Nov 02, 2010
@El Guapo

could this be Mr. Bones?
Re: Is Marrying More Than One Wife A Sin. by MrsEve: 2:22pm On Nov 02, 2010
Yes, Mr Bones done took Mr cock pill,
Re: Is Marrying More Than One Wife A Sin. by safarigirl(f): 7:59pm On Nov 03, 2010
Depends on ur beleif, nd family health history, we wudn't want a case of heart attack
Re: Is Marrying More Than One Wife A Sin. by lovejo(m): 8:16pm On Nov 03, 2010
NOT A SIN, BUT THE IMPLICATION AS CHRISTIAN IS JUST THAT YOU CAN'T HOLD SIGNIFICANT POST IN CHURCH AS DEACON OR PASTOR, IF YOU HAVE 2 WIVES YOU ARE DISQUALIFIED, IT IS NOT A SIN AND CAN NEVER BE A SIN. THE BIBLE

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Guys.....would You Allow/accept Your Wife/girlfriend Selling Her Eggs? / Why And Why Nairalanders Answer / Straight From The Heart.. Let's Hear Your Thoughts On This.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.