Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,682 members, 7,813,267 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:56 AM

'meant To Be' Vs Practicality - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 'meant To Be' Vs Practicality (1176 Views)

Relationships Are NOT Meant For Students / 7 Signs Your Girlfriend Isn’t Meant To Be Your Future Wife . / Signs Your Girlfriend Isn't Meant To Be Your Future Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

'meant To Be' Vs Practicality by luxoire(f): 1:55pm On May 18, 2007
I've noticed a divided view on here on relationships.

Someppl hide behind the fact/idea of OH IF IT WERE MEANT TO BE, IT WOULD SURELY HAPPEN, AND THINGS WOULD BE SMOOTHER/HAPPIER

There are others i have noticed on here, that have a PRACTICAL VIEW of the whole thing. They believe a long lasting relationship, needs to be worked on, by both partners, and the commitment. Love is an enhancer, compatibility and commitment is the foundation.

What is ur view, Head in the skies, and leave all to fate or foot-on-the-ground practical? (e.g forgiving, forgetting, understanding, tolerating)

Which camp do u belong to?
Re: 'meant To Be' Vs Practicality by RuuDie(m): 2:36pm On May 18, 2007
no matter how practical u are, its always gonna get 2 some point where its outta ur hands & u've gotta leave it 2 fate. Me, i don't even bother 2 try; i just let it all "go down" whichever ways --- much mo' xciting wink
Re: 'meant To Be' Vs Practicality by luxoire(f): 4:24pm On May 18, 2007
@Ruudie, i know and i accept that to a certain extent, fate has some part to play in it, but not the majority, does fate guarantee compatibility?, surely it makes it easier to work on things if that is the way it were meant to be, but does it mean u should abandon ur responsibilities in a relastionship because things dont seem to be going the way 'fate' should be leading?
Re: 'meant To Be' Vs Practicality by RuuDie(m): 4:42pm On May 18, 2007
sometimes, doing "nothing" about something, in itself, is doing "something" even much more than actually doing something!!!
Re: 'meant To Be' Vs Practicality by luxoire(f): 5:04pm On May 18, 2007
@ruudie
indeed it is, but those times are indeed very few, most times, u need to get off ur backside and get ur act and life together (not u personally cheesy)
Re: 'meant To Be' Vs Practicality by RuuDie(m): 5:18pm On May 18, 2007
the problem with people who are always looking to take control of situations is that they know not when its outta their hands --- on the other hand, folks who chill and let stuff know when to step-in & intervene b'cos they have actually looked b4 leaping!
Re: 'meant To Be' Vs Practicality by luxoire(f): 6:01pm On May 18, 2007
hahah@Ruudie
i am sensing u do not like control freaks, can i also assume safely that u probably would not like women who let their 'power/status' get to their head?

the other extreme is that there are ppl that are too chilled in life, nothing fazes them, everything was meant to be/happened due to some 'unknown' force, when it happened because they failed to act appropriately at the right time
Re: 'meant To Be' Vs Practicality by hype: 6:17pm On May 18, 2007
The two sides are very important( both fate and praticality). You can be practical by learning to understand, tolerate and be patient with each other. But on the other hand if you both work hard to be practical with each other and at the end your best ends up not to be good enough then i'll say fate has taken its place in the relationship. More importantly fate cannot bring two people who are incompatible. Therefore if fate brings two ppl together they must be practical or else they would look incompatible to each other and the people arround them cos fate is only meant to bring you guys together but its never going to bring tolerance, understanding and patience along. you both have to be practical for fate to to make things work. (fate will bake the cake and practicality will put the icing on it).
Re: 'meant To Be' Vs Practicality by moondust(m): 6:35pm On May 18, 2007
@ hype
I agree with u. both sides gotta come to play cos if fate does somehow bring u together and u're not compatible but decide to go on and date, it may turn out 2 be a high-maintenance relationship, really
Re: 'meant To Be' Vs Practicality by iice(f): 1:06pm On May 19, 2007
Am practical but with a lil dose of the whimsy grin
Re: 'meant To Be' Vs Practicality by hotchic1(f): 6:43pm On May 19, 2007
both fate n practicality av got its role n when it comes to long distance thingy,you will have no choice than to result to fate,nevertheless,you've got to do so many things to do n most people result to fate wen the goin get tough.
Re: 'meant To Be' Vs Practicality by cuteass1(f): 11:34pm On May 20, 2007
@ hype
You couldn't have typed more for me, i conccur to the least wink

@ topic

Yea, they both work hand in hand.
If someone has only either of both, then you might as well wave goodbye to it. If you have the "fate" attitude thinking everything will take care of itself while you sit on your throne like a "gueen/king", bad news for you, but sooner or later the other partner will feel neglected, unappreciated Cos fate doesn't put it in you to practicalize those feelings.

If you got the practiacl aspect, and "fate" hides away from you, you might be doomed too. Being with the wrong person (which is a bad fate), makes all your effort (practical) to make it work a waste of time. The person isn't feeling you, so whatever you do is wrong.

Why will you see a couple (f. ex. all these ones forced into marriage, the guy is evrything any girl will wish for, he's got it all, but yet the girl can't love him (lack of fate) sad

A couple, the girl is the love of his life but after all her bullshit, lack of contributions to compromise and meet him half way, he decides to let go (lack of practice from the girl's side sad

Imagine that your right leg is "practical", and your left leg is "fate". Now trying walking with just the right leg (practical) or just the left leg (fate), and see what a disaster will come out of it,

Now try walking with both . . Oooh what a happy feeling, thats when you'll move forward (now put that experiment into your relationship)wink cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: 'meant To Be' Vs Practicality by luxoire(f): 11:40pm On May 20, 2007
@cute
hahaha i no go blame u, u hear, it wasn't ,meant for my r/ship, i had already had a private consultation with u abi?

hahaha, i guess ur right the right combination makes the best combination
Re: 'meant To Be' Vs Practicality by cuteass1(f): 11:48pm On May 20, 2007
luxoire:

@cute
hahaha i no go blame u, u hear, it wasn't ,meant for my r/ship,

I wasn't assuming that either, the "you (s)" in the post is "general wink

i had already had a private consultation with u abi?

Right that . . you're still owing consultation fee though tongue
Your ass will soon be in jail grin

hahaha, i guess your right the right combination makes the best combination

My "2 cents" wink
Re: 'meant To Be' Vs Practicality by RuuDie(m): 9:41am On May 21, 2007
@ LUXOIRE

luxoire:

hahah@Ruudie
i am sensing u do not like control freaks, can i also assume safely that u probably would not like women who let their 'power/status' get to their head?

don't have a lot of qualms 'bout 'em control freaks cuz as much as is possible i just do thangs @ my own pace, xpecially if i know u ain't can't do jack 2 me - same thang 4 d 'power' women!
luxoire:

the other extreme is that there are people that are too chilled in life, nothing fazes them, everything was meant to be/happened due to some 'unknown' force, when it happened because they failed to act appropriately at the right time

don't think there's anybody in dis world who's dat chilled - it's always gonna get 2 certain point where u'll stand-up & speak, it's just dat d boiling point varies 4 different individuals!
Re: 'meant To Be' Vs Practicality by tpia6: 1:46am On Jan 30, 2011

(1) (Reply)

How She Regain Respect. / How Do I Stop This? / Who Do U Attract

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.