Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,521 members, 7,836,986 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:24 PM

Fifa Best Player Awards : Is There A Conspiracy Against Dutch Players? - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Fifa Best Player Awards : Is There A Conspiracy Against Dutch Players? (34835 Views)

AFCON2023 : the 3 Best individual Player awards / Okocha Reveals Why He Never Won African, World Best Player Awards / Kylian Mbappe, Harry Kane, Luka Modric, Thibaut Courtois Win FIFA Player Awards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fifa Best Player Awards : Is There A Conspiracy Against Dutch Players? by ThierryJay: 5:35pm On Sep 24, 2019
MrFly:
this award was introduced in 2016 and Ronaldo won it twice b4 Modric usurped him in 2018 only for Messi to win it this year and u and ur likes are screaming GOAT. NANSENSE!

Mr Fly, the award was not introduced in 2016, it was REBRANDED in 2016 to FIFA the best awards, just like the English league was rebranded to EPL in 1992. And Messi has won the award a record Six times. You may not like it, but that is the fact which makes him the GOAT.

Consider this as free education.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Fifa Best Player Awards : Is There A Conspiracy Against Dutch Players? by Martinez39(m): 5:38pm On Sep 24, 2019
sammhi:

How ? What did Messi achieve this year ? Or is the award is now for being skillful ?
What impact did Messi had on his Barca team or national team ?
VVD and CR7 did more.
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Fifa Best Player Awards : Is There A Conspiracy Against Dutch Players? by smartoliver(m): 5:40pm On Sep 24, 2019
Because you're a fan isn't a basis of saying something you know nothing about. Messi performed better than both vvd and cr7. All this talks are boring. The stats tell it. Team trophies are just a plus to winning the award and it simply doesn't count in this case. If it matters so much, Mikel would have won the African player of the year ahead of Yaya after Chelsea won the CL. But you just can't compare . Until the voters for the award nominees complain(else they are paid not to which I doubt) , your rants here remain baseless. L

1 Like

Re: Fifa Best Player Awards : Is There A Conspiracy Against Dutch Players? by Maclin: 5:41pm On Sep 24, 2019
Is this supposed to be up for argument? Makes no sense. Messi is deserving of this award.
Martinez39:
grin grin grin
Is this supposed to be up for argument? Makes no sense. Messi is deserving of this award.
Re: Fifa Best Player Awards : Is There A Conspiracy Against Dutch Players? by Rumxy(m): 5:43pm On Sep 24, 2019
chinos20:

Won the champions league? All thanks to Salah and Mane

Oga Mane, Salah and Firmino were in Liverpool when they were playing beautiful football but weren't winning trophies because they shipped insane number of goals which derailed them. Van dyk became the best impact signing we have seen in a long while. He gave them a solid balance and turned Liverpool's defence into the best in Europe. This foundation helped them to win the champions league. There is a saying that attack win you games but defence win you trophies. This was what Merson meant by taking a team to another level. You can't compare his goal scoring return to messi's but he still chipped in vital goals in the knockout rounds. Remember he wasn't dribbled past even by Messi. Compare his stats to cannavaro that won world best and confirm to yourself that he was robbed.

1 Like

Re: Fifa Best Player Awards : Is There A Conspiracy Against Dutch Players? by majamajic(m): 5:44pm On Sep 24, 2019
[quote author=maik99 post=82528473][/quote]

in all VVD did better than Messi in Europe and better than him in national team

am yet to see why they Denied him , besides even it a close call , they should have given to VVD , which will make people not to complain , when he won European best , no one argued about it , they should have done same here too ,

it was a controversial decision yet again by FIFA and again to Messi ,
Re: Fifa Best Player Awards : Is There A Conspiracy Against Dutch Players? by tweakdude1: 5:46pm On Sep 24, 2019
Martinez39:
There is no conspiracy. Messi deserves that award.

On what statistics
Re: Fifa Best Player Awards : Is There A Conspiracy Against Dutch Players? by Angelfrost(m): 5:46pm On Sep 24, 2019
Jaytecq:

Nice one Bro.

The day i discover some people who comment here dnt knw crap about football, i dnt rply most of dem again, Most of dem sell spare parts and home-movie at Alaba, they all go about with Sentiments and love of individuals...... imagine one was telling me ytday dat Kante is best but dey dnt consider him.

Lol @ sell spare parts...

Seriously, it's so tiring a times... Anyone who truly sits his ass down to watch games, will not argue so blindly.

1 Like

Re: Fifa Best Player Awards : Is There A Conspiracy Against Dutch Players? by tweakdude1: 5:48pm On Sep 24, 2019
This is a confirmation of corruption in FIFA that it exists.
Re: Fifa Best Player Awards : Is There A Conspiracy Against Dutch Players? by Maclin: 5:51pm On Sep 24, 2019
Honestly, most football fans have with them clueless points as per football. How can an individual who glues himself to a sit to see out a game for 90mins say that VVD is most deserving for the FIFA men best player award. It all owes to d shortlisting. Messi in d past campaign was far above all. He exemplified his diurnal trait of artistry and his numbers and delivery obviously spoke d loudest. Messi is deserving of the award. For the record pls, Messi subsists as d GOAT..[quote author=maik99 post=82528473][/quote]Honestly, most football fans have with them clueless points as per football. How can an individual who glues himself to a sit to see out a game for 90mins say that VVD is most deserving for the FIFA men best player award. It all owes to d shortlisting. Messi in d past campaign was far above all. He exemplified his diurnal trait of artistry and his numbers and delivery obviously spoke d loudest. Messi is deserving of the award. For the record pls, Messi subsists as d GOAT..
Re: Fifa Best Player Awards : Is There A Conspiracy Against Dutch Players? by CrestMan: 5:52pm On Sep 24, 2019
There's no conspiracy anywhere especially with yesterday's award.
Messi should not suffer from his own high standards.

Suddenly, 51 goals and 22 assist in 50 matches seems too small?
Highest goal scorer in Laliga, UCL and the entire Europe with incredible goals, is now too small?

Imagine if Rashford is the one with these amazing records in one season, the British press will be pushing for him to be given 3 years Ballon d'or at the same time grin

Messi truly deserves this and more cool
Re: Fifa Best Player Awards : Is There A Conspiracy Against Dutch Players? by Omim: 5:56pm On Sep 24, 2019
U are Man u, real madrid, or Epl fan. All the fact shows Messi is the best this year.
Re: Fifa Best Player Awards : Is There A Conspiracy Against Dutch Players? by Martinez39(m): 5:58pm On Sep 24, 2019
Maclin:
Is this supposed to be up for argument? Makes no sense. Messi is deserving of this award.Is this supposed to be up for argument? Makes no sense. Messi is deserving of this award.
Messi deserves the award. As a Ronaldo fan, I can say that Messi was the greatest player last season. Only biased people would say Ronaldo and Van Dijk did more than Messi. I found it so ridiculous that I had to laugh hard at the bias.

1 Like

Re: Fifa Best Player Awards : Is There A Conspiracy Against Dutch Players? by Nobody: 6:08pm On Sep 24, 2019
ShakaZullu:
cheesy

I stop taking the joke serious when I saw Marcelo Ramos and Modric in fifa best 11
like WTF!!!

Like Trent, Robertson,Walker, Bernado silva, KDB all played Ice hockey grin

fact is that I think some heavy weight in Spain has stake in however they selected that charade

every football lovers knew that's VVD award
even Ronaldo did better than messi last season
as in someone that cannot take his squad laden team to a simple comebol victory and trashy national team outing

sorry if that's how you select your own goat then i think your goat is nothing special

the real GOAT is the one that shines both for his national team and club with outstanding performance
I'll love to see the fake goat like this
kiss the truth and cry tongue

You seem so pained. It's quite unfortunate, your anger is like pouring perfume on a casket, it changes nothing.

Messi won by votes from experts-National team coaches and captains, not by those who watch back of the television.

Come to think about it sir, how on Earth will someone with a clear head say Ronaldo performed better than Messi last season...I mean, it's both ridiculous and ludicrous.

Where was Ronaldo when Messi had the highest number of goals in Europe last season? Mind you, Ronaldo was not even the highest goal scorer in Seria A.

Again, where was Ronaldo when Messi had the highest goals in Champions league last season?

Oga I ask again, who created the most chances last season?

Oga take goals away from Ronaldo and you will see nothing, yet Messi that gives everything, what Luis Erique calls "the matrix" still scored more than him last season.

Messi took Barcelona to the champions league semifinals scoring in almost all the matches he played so what are you saying?

when will you see red and call it red for once?

Let's enjoy this game and let things be oga.

1 Like

Re: Fifa Best Player Awards : Is There A Conspiracy Against Dutch Players? by OGHENAOGIE(m): 6:13pm On Sep 24, 2019
Angelfrost:

Lol... With all due respect, you haven't really said anything contrary.

Football itself is a team sport, but specific awards are meant for outstanding players in a team... Van Dijk was outstanding in his position, but he pales greatly in significance to Messi's output in Barca last season... To claim otherwise, means you didn't actually watch football last season.

You can't name any player that did better than Messi overall last season... I care not about trophies, cos one player doesn't single handedly win trophies. We are talking overall individual contribution to the beautiful game. I'm not a fan of individual players, but Messi owned it last season hands down.
some of you are myopic is VVD a striker that you expect him to score 50 goals...can Messi defend... saying vvd did but didn't measure up to messi shows how u guys underate defenders am sure you know how much pep spent on his defence in city after his ist season when he came 3rd
Re: Fifa Best Player Awards : Is There A Conspiracy Against Dutch Players? by kendrick93(m): 6:13pm On Sep 24, 2019
eni4real:
There is no conspiracy, VVD is not on the same influential level as other Dutch players that have won it.. .

Marco Van Basten and Cruyff won FIFA Ballon d'or three consecutive times!!

VVD should try his Origi next time!!!

Best of Origi to him!!!
That was the ballon d'or
Re: Fifa Best Player Awards : Is There A Conspiracy Against Dutch Players? by Debaiz: 6:15pm On Sep 24, 2019
ThierryJay:

Thanks for the reminder. Now tell me, is that not the real rigging. If the voting deadline had been extended in any of the years Messi won, I can only imagine the outrage and furore that will be generated by anti-Messi peeps.

I recall that Messi scored 60 club goals that season while CR7 scored 56goals. It was his qualifiers that tipped the balance in his favour.

Of all the five awards Ronaldo won I can boldly say at least 2 cannot stand the test of rigorous probe(from opening of voting to announcement)

The Messi, Ribery and Ronaldo(pure rigging)

There was one he also won during their champions league triumphs. I think it was Valverde’s first season when Barca went nearly unbeaten. The only place he beat Messi was the CL goals. All through start of the season in August to January, he scored only 2goals. He started his CL goals in February but FIFA specifically said that voters should disregard August to October(Messi’s most productive times) but should use November ending to June(Ronaldo’s Productive time with only CL goals) as time to consider to vote.
Re: Fifa Best Player Awards : Is There A Conspiracy Against Dutch Players? by TeamSimple(m): 6:21pm On Sep 24, 2019
I don’t know why people are calling this award to messi a fraud . It is clearly a voting award which is made public . How each country captains and coaches voted is on the fifa website for validation . So if you have a doubting mind go on the website . And I am sure if fifa have fraudulently moved an award that was meant for Van Dijk to messi the voter would come out to resist .
Messi has 47
Ronaldo 43
Van Dijk 41
But Van Dijk came second because he had more placement in the second position that Ronaldo .
Re: Fifa Best Player Awards : Is There A Conspiracy Against Dutch Players? by ShakaZullu(m): 6:26pm On Sep 24, 2019
[s]
Lomba:

You seem so pained. It's quite unfortunate, your anger is like pouring perfume on a casket, it changes nothing.

Messi won by votes from experts-National team coaches and captains, not by those who watch back of the television.

Come to think about it sir, how on Earth will someone with a clear head say Ronaldo performed better than Messi last season...I mean, it's both ridiculous and ludicrous.

Where was Ronaldo when Messi had the highest number of goals in Europe last season? Mind you, Ronaldo was not even the highest goal scorer in Seria A.

Again, where was Ronaldo when Messi had the highest goals in Champions league last season?

Oga I ask again, who created the most chances last season?

Oga take goals away from Ronaldo and you will see nothing, yet Messi that gives everything, what Luis Erique calls "the matrix" still scored more than him last season.

Messi took Barcelona to the champions league semifinals scoring in almost all the matches he played so what are you saying?

when will you see red and call it red for once?

Let's enjoy this game and let things be oga.
[/s]
trash
Re: Fifa Best Player Awards : Is There A Conspiracy Against Dutch Players? by Cajal(m): 6:27pm On Sep 24, 2019
No conspiracy
U also know that messi deserves it
Re: Fifa Best Player Awards : Is There A Conspiracy Against Dutch Players? by maestroferddi: 6:37pm On Sep 24, 2019
Rumxy:
Paul Merson was deeply unhappy with the decision to award the Fifa Men’s Player of the Year prize to Lionel Messi and believes it’s ‘an absolute joke’ that Virgil van Dijk wasn’t honoured in Milan on Monday night. Messi, who scored 51 goals in 50 games last season, pipped Van Dijk and great rival Cristiano Ronaldo to the prestigious men’s prize to replace Luka Modric as the official best player on the planet. Van Dijk was the favourite to scoop the award after playing an integral role in Liverpool’s run to the Champions League title, while he also reached the Nations League final with the Netherlands.
And Merson was astonished that he was overlooked for the top prize on a night where his manager Jurgen Klopp was hailed as the world’s best manager.
Asked if Messi deserved the award, Merson replied: ‘No. No. It’s a joke. Sorry, it’s a joke. ‘He’s just done what he’s done every season. He hasn’t taken them to another level. He didn’t take them to win the Champions League. That’s what Barcelona are all about. ‘How many does he get against Alaves? You win it because you’ve done something special. Van Dijk has done something special. They’ve won the Champions League, Liverpool. ‘That’s what Barcelona wanted to win. If you asked Barcelona what do you want to win the league or the Champions League? They’d’ve gone the Champions League. ‘For me it’s an absolute joke, that. An absolute joke.

‘You know why he’s won that? Because that started in 2016, Ronaldo won it the first two years and then Modric won it last year. So they’ve got to give Messi it. ‘What does Van Dijk have to do? He’s taken Holland to the final of the European thing… I just can’t. He took them to another level. ‘Messi has not taken Barcelona to another level last year. He never took them to another level, he’s just done what he does all the time. Van Dijk took this Liverpool team to an absolute other level.

Asked if Van Dijk would win it next year if he had the same season again, Merson added: ‘It’d be hard for him to win it. ‘After what he’s done. Can he go to another level? Can he play any better? The lad probably is at his peak. If he’s got any more gears he’s going to be the best ever. ‘It’s all about the moment, it’s all about now. He should have won this. He should have won it. ‘If he wins the Premier League next season but they don’t win the Champions League, is that Fifa? They don’t care, what are they worried about? They don’t worry about our league. The best XI players always come out of La Liga in the Team of the Year, we never get a Premier League player in it.’

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2019/09/23/absolute-joke-paul-merson-fumes-lionel-messi-winning-player-year-virgil-van-dijk-10796079/?ito=cbshare
Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetroUK | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MetroUK/

SPOT ON..............I think this was the reason ballon d'or separated from FIFA. Fifa awards are popularity contests just look at the fifpro 11, what are Ramos and Marcelo doing there despite Madrid being trash last season.
Funny logic/analysis....

Messi fueled/propelled/powered Barcelona to win the 8th La Liga title in 11 seasons last season....

Which level can beat that?
Re: Fifa Best Player Awards : Is There A Conspiracy Against Dutch Players? by Nobody: 6:38pm On Sep 24, 2019
kendrick93:

That was the ballon d'or
FIFA Ballon d'or??
Re: Fifa Best Player Awards : Is There A Conspiracy Against Dutch Players? by Angelfrost(m): 6:42pm On Sep 24, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
some of you are myopic is VVD a striker that you expect him to score 50 goals...can Messi defend... saying vvd did but didn't measure up to messi shows how u guys underate defenders am sure you know how much pep spent on his defence in city after his ist season when he came 3rd

I don't underrate anyone. I didn't raise a single fuss when Modric (a central midfielder) won it last year, neither was I in disagreement with the choice of Cannavaro (a defender) in 2006... So, I why would I be bothered if Van Dijk won it this year??!

I asked a simple question... Did Van Dijk individually outperform Messi through out last season??!...

Let me further clarify to help you... Playmaking has nothing to do with scoring goals (goals are more of a positive consequence), rather overall skill set, performance, contribution, and ability to influence games. Can you honestly say Van Dijk trumps Messi in all these last season??!...

I love football more than footballers, so it is quite easy for me to be objective.
Re: Fifa Best Player Awards : Is There A Conspiracy Against Dutch Players? by kendrick93(m): 6:42pm On Sep 24, 2019
eni4real:
FIFA Ballon d'or??
Back then it was ballon d'or before FIFA and the ballon merged in 2010..
They got separated in 2017.
The ballon d'or first edition was in 1956
While the FIFA award was inaugurated in 1992 I think
Re: Fifa Best Player Awards : Is There A Conspiracy Against Dutch Players? by Nobody: 6:44pm On Sep 24, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
Messi is the world best playmaker, Messi is not a mere goal scorer.. So stop that analogy!!

VVD can make use of Matip, Allison and Fabinho to cover his defensive duties..

Messi just have to score... Yes, he was assisted but taking a shot at goal is your responsibility..

Also, he gave 19 solid assists!...

VVD also used Gini and Origi goals to shine...
Quick corner kick from Trent, Origi's goal... .
You will not ear VVD's name anywhere close...

Apart from Bayern Munich game, how many impact did he make in the midfield or attack..

To be the best player in the world, you have to be like Berckanbaeur.. You display something special in addition to your solid defending..

Maldini>>> VVD and he never won the Ballon d'or!!

I am convinced that VVD should not be the best player in the World!!!
Allison is better!!!!!
Re: Fifa Best Player Awards : Is There A Conspiracy Against Dutch Players? by tunnamaniah(m): 6:45pm On Sep 24, 2019
maik99:

Even Sneidjer was not individually more outstanding than Messi was that year
The same situation is replaying this year..Messi outperforms everyone else...VVD has a sizeable contribution to "team success" and the media makes him look like the best thing that happened to football

The players and coaches clearly massed behind Messi including VVD himself
It's the media that don't know shit that voted for VVD..at least he got them fresh headlines and stories last season

Nothing concern me with this year own, what do you mean by individual performance in 2010?
Re: Fifa Best Player Awards : Is There A Conspiracy Against Dutch Players? by maestroferddi: 6:47pm On Sep 24, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
So you want VVD who was a low-key player in Southampton and Celtic before to emerge World Best on the evidence of just one season performance?

You think FIFA are foolish:The World Best brand is just recovering from the consequences of the award given to Modric whose reign on the throne was sheer mockery and you want VVD to further diminish the lustre?

No way!

1 Like

Re: Fifa Best Player Awards : Is There A Conspiracy Against Dutch Players? by Nobody: 6:47pm On Sep 24, 2019
kendrick93:

Back then it was ballon d'or before FIFA and the ballon merged in 2010..
They got separated in 2017.
The ballon d'or first edition was in 1956
While the FIFA award was inaugurated in 1992 I think
I appreciate!

FIFA votes tho:

Re: Fifa Best Player Awards : Is There A Conspiracy Against Dutch Players? by tegrianonigltd(m): 6:52pm On Sep 24, 2019
chinos20:

He couldn't do anything without Salah and Mane,without them Liverpool will be conceding goals like hell.strong attack makes the defence look strong

When Salah and mane and Firmino play in Salah first season, when Salah score 44 goals, they conceded and won nothing , van Dijk full season, transformed them. You Dey watch ball so, no player dribbled pass him all season, most tackles, Liverpool less goals in all Europe top 5 league, Liverpool wey Dey chop goal any how, He dumped Messi out of the champions league... messi did nothing, than score. No more iniesta and xavi lol
Re: Fifa Best Player Awards : Is There A Conspiracy Against Dutch Players? by tegrianonigltd(m): 6:53pm On Sep 24, 2019
engrchykae:
Liverpool was transformed by the trio of salah mane and firmino
stop hyping van dijk.

When Salah and mane and Firmino play in Salah first season, when Salah score 44 goals, they conceded and won nothing , van Dijk full season, transformed them. You Dey watch ball so, no player dribbled pass him all season, most tackles, Liverpool less goals in all Europe top 5 league, Liverpool wey Dey chop goal any how, He dumped Messi out of the champions league... messi did nothing, than score. No more iniesta and xavi lol
Re: Fifa Best Player Awards : Is There A Conspiracy Against Dutch Players? by Godsplan115: 7:03pm On Sep 24, 2019
EtihadAirways:

One more BJ for you jooor. My thought as well
You say? One more what?!
Re: Fifa Best Player Awards : Is There A Conspiracy Against Dutch Players? by MrFly(m): 7:04pm On Sep 24, 2019
ThierryJay:

Mr Fly, the award was not introduced in 2016, it was REBRANDED in 2016 to FIFA the best awards, just like the English league was rebranded to EPL in 1992. And Messi has won the award a record Six times. You may not like it, but that is the fact which makes him the GOAT.

Consider this as free education.

Cheers.
tanx 4d free education but Messi just won an award called FIFA FIFpro award 2019 which Ronaldo has won twice and Modric once. U wil tank me later 4 sparing ur blushes! Kids of nowadays and football are like bet9ja and over 1.5. Enjoy ur ignorance.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ronaldo Is Highest Earner On Instagram, Beats Messi, Beckham, Ibrahimovic / Paul Pogba Deletes 'disrespectful' Tweet After Jose Mourinho Sacking / Ahmed Musa Wins League Title With His Club In Saudi Arabia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.