Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,045 members, 7,828,677 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:47 PM

Fifa Best Player Awards : Is There A Conspiracy Against Dutch Players? - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Fifa Best Player Awards : Is There A Conspiracy Against Dutch Players? (34810 Views)

AFCON2023 : the 3 Best individual Player awards / Okocha Reveals Why He Never Won African, World Best Player Awards / Kylian Mbappe, Harry Kane, Luka Modric, Thibaut Courtois Win FIFA Player Awards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fifa Best Player Awards : Is There A Conspiracy Against Dutch Players? by ehiski: 4:27am On Sep 25, 2019
Jayslicky:
shocked

Messi has twice gained from the injustice done against the Dutchs, van dijk deserves this year player of the year, he was outstanding but FIFA has always been in Messi's favour.

Sadio Mane and Mo Salah are the best Liverpool players but we're snubbed, and didn't even make FIFA 11. Van Dirk is been riding on emotions he does not even deserve to be listed in the first place to
Re: Fifa Best Player Awards : Is There A Conspiracy Against Dutch Players? by ServantsOfTruth: 6:00am On Sep 25, 2019
Any black man that supports or like Messi is stupid and foolish

Black men and women that supports Messi have you fools asked yourselves this simple question....

Why is it that no black plays for Argentine national term?

Why Are There No Black Men on Argentina's Roster?

Where are the Afro-Argentines?

Whe Argentina scored against Nigeria in the world cup hope you fools saw what maradona did..he showed us the middle finger meaning Bleep blacks

Meaning that he hate blacks

Shame on Messi black followers cause you all are stupid and foolish
Re: Fifa Best Player Awards : Is There A Conspiracy Against Dutch Players? by Eclement(m): 6:11am On Sep 25, 2019
Ok
Re: Fifa Best Player Awards : Is There A Conspiracy Against Dutch Players? by Eclement(m): 6:13am On Sep 25, 2019
sexiestharam:
Conspiracy indeed. Messi is the GOAT and should win all awards in football till the day he retires. Period!

You see, this is the conspiracy we're talking about. Someone like you has led the FIFA panel.
Re: Fifa Best Player Awards : Is There A Conspiracy Against Dutch Players? by AAA593: 6:37am On Sep 25, 2019
You people should go and check the votes. Even VVD voted for Messi. You people are just applying emotions and hatred for Messi
Re: Fifa Best Player Awards : Is There A Conspiracy Against Dutch Players? by gojgyt: 6:44am On Sep 25, 2019
emmabest2000:
Messi knows that he can never withstand the bully of people on Twitter and other social media telling him to make a change to another club and prove that he is a talented player that’s why he always keep silent ,

The fear of failure is what keep messi in bac grin
See this one..u actually think thats funny�...okpo benin
Re: Fifa Best Player Awards : Is There A Conspiracy Against Dutch Players? by gojgyt: 6:47am On Sep 25, 2019
ServantsOfTruth:
Any black man that supports or like Messi is stupid and foolish

Black men and women that supports Messi have you fools asked yourselves this simple question....

Why is it that no black plays for Argentine national term?

Why Are There No Black Men on Argentina's Roster?

Where are the Afro-Argentines?

Damn.what is dis guy smoking.....do u think there are africans in all countries....u na tramadol addict..sit back and enjoy the show my son...mumu
Whe Argentina scored against Nigeria in the world cup hope you fools saw what maradona did..he showed us the middle finger meaning Bleep blacks

Meaning that he hate blacks

Shame on Messi black followers cause you all are stupid and foolish

Re: Fifa Best Player Awards : Is There A Conspiracy Against Dutch Players? by oneTIMEman(m): 6:51am On Sep 25, 2019
Fifa is as corrupt as apc
Re: Fifa Best Player Awards : Is There A Conspiracy Against Dutch Players? by ethinoze: 7:45am On Sep 25, 2019
Messi absolutely deserves the award. There was no one better than the man in 2019. Cometh the hour cometh the man. do you know how many games he single handedly delivered barcelona from losing and actually changed it to winning? The man gave his all for football. In the semifinal first leg at Camp Nou, he changed that game against the run of play with 3 goals that totally demoralized liverpool and if not that they missed some chances the game will have ended 5:0. In the second leg when all of barcelona players were playing terribly, it took 5 players marking this one man at once/ they followed him about because they know what he can do. Dembele was injured and the other players were just uninspired. Thats the kind of player you give World best to. A man who commands the attention of 5 defenders to keep him from scoring. No other player in the world is that deadly or dangerous. His stats are the best. His creativity is the best. He's been robbed a fair few times too of the ballon d'or. He should win it every year based on his consistency

Re: Fifa Best Player Awards : Is There A Conspiracy Against Dutch Players? by OGHENAOGIE(m): 6:16pm On Sep 26, 2019
maestroferddi:
So you want VVD who was a low-key player in Southampton and Celtic before to emerge World Best on the evidence of just one season performance?

You think FIFA are foolish:The World Best brand is just recovering from the consequences of the award given to Modric whose reign on the throne was sheer mockery and you want VVD to further diminish the lustre?

No way!
so it's an historical award now if it is so weah wouldn't not have won it...its given for a season performance which VVD merited like I said u guys underestimate defenders...
Re: Fifa Best Player Awards : Is There A Conspiracy Against Dutch Players? by OGHENAOGIE(m): 6:19pm On Sep 26, 2019
Angelfrost:

I don't underrate anyone. I didn't raise a single fuss when Modric (a central midfielder) won it last year, neither was I in disagreement with the choice of Cannavaro (a defender) in 2006... So, I why would I be bothered if Van Dijk won it this year??!

I asked a simple question... Did Van Dijk individually outperform Messi through out last season??!...

Let me further clarify to help you... Playmaking has nothing to do with scoring goals (goals are more of a positive consequence), rather overall skill set, performance, contribution, and ability to influence games. Can you honestly say Van Dijk trumps Messi in all these last season??!...

I love football more than footballers, so it is quite easy for me to be objective.
you don't compare apples and oranges..its a fool who does that VVD was the best defender last season Messi best in attack..for their clubs... VVD had the better impact winning the UCL aided his country to euro nations league finals... what was Messi performance for country... this is how to judge not asking a dumb question if Vvd trump Messi....
Re: Fifa Best Player Awards : Is There A Conspiracy Against Dutch Players? by Angelfrost(m): 6:50pm On Sep 26, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
you don't compare apples and oranges..its a fool who does that VVD was the best defender last season Messi best in attack..for their clubs... VVD had the better impact winning the UCL aided his country to euro nations league finals... what was Messi performance for country... this is how to judge not asking a dumb question if Vvd trump Messi....

As usual, I will not lower myself to the level of trading insults...

Professionals judge and vote on these things... Just as it was done when a defender beat strikers to win it in 2006. The key term is outstanding!!! Look it up... Last season was like a climax for Messi's career.

You need to read and comprehend better... Both players were judged individually (Also look up what this word means), not with regards to the success of their teams. How exactly don't you get this??!...

Vvd was without doubt the top defender last season, but let's be honest sir, was he as influential as Messi all round??!... Did he actually have the kind of physical impact and body presence Messi had last season??!/. The same Messi that changed games singlehandedly, even from the bench....to the point that opposing home fans gave him a standing ovation after he scored against them.

Vvd could have only won if Messi had less than the season he had... Everyone knows this (except some sentimental Liverpool fans).
Re: Fifa Best Player Awards : Is There A Conspiracy Against Dutch Players? by OGHENAOGIE(m): 9:41pm On Sep 26, 2019
Angelfrost:

As usual, I will not lower myself to the level of trading insults...

Professionals judge and vote on these things... Just as it was done when a defender beat strikers to win it in 2006. The key term is outstanding!!! Look it up... Last season was like a climax for Messi's career.

You need to read and comprehend better... Both players were judged individually (Also look up what this word means), not with regards to the success of their teams. How exactly don't you get this??!...

Vvd was without doubt the top defender last season, but let's be honest sir, was he as influential as Messi all round??!... Did he actually have the kind of physical impact and body presence Messi had last season??!/. The same Messi that changed games singlehandedly, even from the bench....to the point that opposing home fans gave him a standing ovation after he scored against them.

Vvd could have only won if Messi had less than the season he had... Everyone knows this (except some sentimental Liverpool fans).
see how myopic you are he was good yet you think his achievements was team performance... how did VVD win best player in ucl final with players like mane salah Kane on the field... what games did Messi changed his league game why didn't he not change it to enable his Barça win ucl... how come he could only score a fluke single goal at copa America... did you watch VVD play for country and how he marshalled Holland to final of inaugural nations league even scoring crucial goals as a defender... yet u are only blinded by ur love for Barça and Messi... how come VVD was named best player in English premiership if he didn't do significant things where players like sterling Mane salah are... like I said apples and oranges can't be compared look at impact VVD had better impact...
Re: Fifa Best Player Awards : Is There A Conspiracy Against Dutch Players? by Angelfrost(m): 10:00am On Sep 27, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
see how myopic you are he was good yet you think his achievements was team performance... how did VVD win best player in ucl final with players like mane salah Kane on the field... what games did Messi changed his league game why didn't he not change it to enable his Barça win ucl... how come he could only score a fluke single goal at copa America... did you watch VVD play for country and how he marshalled Holland to final of inaugural nations league even scoring crucial goals as a defender... yet u are only blinded by ur love for Barça and Messi... how come VVD was named best player in English premiership if he didn't do significant things where players like sterling Mane salah are... like I said apples and oranges can't be compared look at impact VVD had better impact...

Work on your comprehension sir...

I said "with no regards to team performance" i.e regardless of how well the teams fared.

I'm not a Messi fan, and have never been a Barca fan... And I watched both players through out last season. My verdict or opinion remains unchanged. How you feel remains your opinion or perspective, which doesn't translate to authoritative fact. We are all entitled to our opinions... At the end, professionals voted and a winner emerged... Same way I rejoiced that Modric won last season, tried to explain to dissenters why he was individually more outstanding regardless of his teams' successes, but many still continue to disagree till this day... That's life sir. No need getting all wound up.

I wonder why you keep bringing in this "Apples & Oranges" phrase... Both players are footballers playing for elite teams. The positions they play for are unique, and not immeasurable.

Anyway, let's continue to agree to disagree. In all, it's just football.
Re: Fifa Best Player Awards : Is There A Conspiracy Against Dutch Players? by OGHENAOGIE(m): 4:05pm On Sep 27, 2019
Angelfrost:

Work on your comprehension sir...

I said "with no regards to team performance" i.e regardless of how well the teams fared.

I'm not a Messi fan, and have never been a Barca fan... And I watched both players through out last season. My verdict or opinion remains unchanged. How you feel remains your opinion or perspective, which doesn't translate to authoritative fact. We are all entitled to our opinions... At the end, professionals voted and a winner emerged... Same way I rejoiced that Modric won last season, tried to explain to dissenters why he was individually more outstanding regardless of his teams' successes, but many still continue to disagree till this day... That's life sir. No need getting all wound up.

I wonder why you keep bringing in this "Apples & Oranges" phrase... Both players are footballers playing for elite teams. The positions they play for are unique, and not immeasurable.

Anyway, let's continue to agree to disagree. In all, it's just football.
well if you agree with modric winning and support messi own then something is wrong.. using ur logic Ronaldo score more goals than modric in league and ucl also had more assist.... he also had more world cup goals despite exiting the world cup at round of 16... modric won that award for leading his team to final of world same way Vvd led his team to a major tournament final...and had a wonderful season with Liverpool winning the ucl losing just a league game and part of a defense that kept 23 clean sheets in England but he is a defender so no value... Messi won a popular vote contest ...this is how adebayor won caf best 2006 for simply scoring goals in arsenal team that couldn't finish more than 4th over aboutrika who won afcon,caf champions league was highest goal scorer and best player at world club cup that year...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Victor Osimhen Scores First Champions League Goal Vs Chelsea, Fans React(Photos) / Ronaldo Is Highest Earner On Instagram, Beats Messi, Beckham, Ibrahimovic / FIFA names Nigeria’s Dele-Bashiru, Weah’s son among players to watch at U-20 Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.