Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,130 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:54 PM

How Do I Deal With Sexual Harassment From A Colleague? - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Do I Deal With Sexual Harassment From A Colleague? (35261 Views)

Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment / How Do You Deal With Sexual Harassment At Work? / I Lost A Colleague To An Explosion At Work In Kogi (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Deal With Sexual Harassment From A Colleague? by victorian(f): 11:10pm On Sep 26, 2019
Makuos19:

Lol grin grin grin
I can see your conscience is already at work. Is your heart already judging you
Very soon u will say being naked is smart looking and good.

My conscience is not judging me

Seems u don't understand simple English.

I will dress smart with fitted clothes and there is nothing u can do about it.

Better save yourself and stop judging.

Goodnight O

If witches and wizards send you come to keep tying back and forth with you, tell them. U no see me o

Holy Ghost fire!!!!!! Get behind me demon!
Re: How Do I Deal With Sexual Harassment From A Colleague? by victorian(f): 11:12pm On Sep 26, 2019
Makuos19:

Lol grin grin grin But i thought u said God does not look at what u wear

Holy Ghost fire!!!

Go and disturb your coven people not me. I dodge you pass! Amen!

Demon!

1 Like

Re: How Do I Deal With Sexual Harassment From A Colleague? by Makuos19: 11:13pm On Sep 26, 2019
victorian:

My conscience is not judging me

Seems u don't understand simple English.

I will dress smart with fitted clothes and there is nothing u can do about it.

Better save yourself and stop judging.

Goodnight O

If witches and wizards send you come to keep tying back and forth with you, tell them. U no see me o

Holy Ghost fire!!!!!! Get behind me demon!
Lol, grin
If your conscience is not judging you Then how did you know am judging na And where did you got the meaning of dressing smart is to wear something that is not covering you well Or are the fitted clothes decent on you
Re: How Do I Deal With Sexual Harassment From A Colleague? by Makuos19: 11:17pm On Sep 26, 2019
victorian:

Holy Ghost fire!!!

Go and disturb your coven people not me. I dodge you pass! Amen!

Demon!
Why calling Holy Ghost fire Is your heart, appearance or dressing, holy grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Do I Deal With Sexual Harassment From A Colleague? by LEKZEE1010(m): 11:24pm On Sep 26, 2019
NwanyiOkpa:
Hello,

I am having a difficult time as a colleague of keeps harassing me sexually. He tries touching me and sometimes takes a picture of my ass without my consent and sends the picture to via whatsapp.

I am really pissed off and i feel like reporting. But my boss is also a womanizer and i am scared what the outcome might be. I live in the company's provided accommodation and as bad as it is, i am the only lady and female staff of the organization and hence, i am only female sharing accommodation with the rest of them. Although i have my own room but the rooms are kind of close to each other and this colleague keeps handing around my room.

I am getting really scared as i don't know what to do. I am new to the job and the youngest among them all.

Please advise me.
If you are in Lagos, call this number to report any sexual abuse 08085753932

1 Like

Re: How Do I Deal With Sexual Harassment From A Colleague? by VicM6: 11:26pm On Sep 26, 2019
better report to the police and lock ur room 24/7.....if e happen, no going back again o

1 Like

Re: How Do I Deal With Sexual Harassment From A Colleague? by victorian(f): 11:28pm On Sep 26, 2019
Makuos19:

Lol, grin
If your conscience is not judging you Then how did you know am judging na And where did you got the meaning of dressing smart is to wear something that is not covering you well Or are fitted clothes decent on you

Ha!
God abeg o!

angry

Re: How Do I Deal With Sexual Harassment From A Colleague? by Makuos19: 11:34pm On Sep 26, 2019
victorian:

Ha!
God abeg o!

angry

grin
Re: How Do I Deal With Sexual Harassment From A Colleague? by Nobody: 11:37pm On Sep 26, 2019
NwanyiOkpa:
Hello,

I am having a difficult time as a colleague of keeps harassing me sexually. He tries touching me and sometimes takes a picture of my ass without my consent and sends the picture to via whatsapp.

I am really pissed off and i feel like reporting. But my boss is also a womanizer and i am scared what the outcome might be. I live in the company's provided accommodation and as bad as it is, i am the only lady and female staff of the organization and hence, i am only female sharing accommodation with the rest of them. Although i have my own room but the rooms are kind of close to each other and this colleague keeps handing around my room.

I am getting really scared as i don't know what to do. I am new to the job and the youngest among them all.

Please advise me.

Calmly press record on your phone then approach him and discuss his attitude including the pictures he sends .

If he continues approach colleagues that ate rrespobsible and respected at least 3 give them evidence and ask them to speak to him ..
My dear this is common and they feel its their right .you have to 100% become formal don't smile when he is smiling avoid where he is when he come near walk away but make sure people know what's going on that way eyes are on him..keeping quiet is dangerous ..

Last resort is to make a formal complain and submit evidence also notify the organization that it is your plan to report this to law enforcement if he does not formally apologise and stop with this even your boss will be sceptical as its obvious you are a fighter

Mind your dressing also ..ladies sometimes invite this iam not saying u dress indecently I don't know you but just mind it .lock your room intact ensure locks are changed and you add more

Be mindful of all the men know who you talk to as most often they are discussing and waiting to hear or even betting

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Deal With Sexual Harassment From A Colleague? by dvkot(m): 11:53pm On Sep 26, 2019
NwanyiOkpa:
Hello,

Please advise me.
dont quit but let him Know u are nt cool with it, and also that u will get the police involved
Re: How Do I Deal With Sexual Harassment From A Colleague? by NwanyiOkpa(f): 12:00am On Sep 27, 2019
LEKZEE1010:

If you are in Lagos, call this number to report any sexual abuse 08085753932

Thanks a lot. Unfortunately, it's PH
Re: How Do I Deal With Sexual Harassment From A Colleague? by Crown033: 12:30am On Sep 27, 2019
I will advice u don’t wear what it’s charming to the office.
Wear something that will not bring out your shape, and tell them u r engaged into a serious relationship.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Deal With Sexual Harassment From A Colleague? by Nobody: 12:50am On Sep 27, 2019
Report to HR of the company!
Re: How Do I Deal With Sexual Harassment From A Colleague? by Codyt(m): 1:01am On Sep 27, 2019
MrOwonikoko:

Your English though, how did they employ you in the first place?�
What has her english got to do with what she brought up now? Do well na
Re: How Do I Deal With Sexual Harassment From A Colleague? by Dshocker(m): 2:11am On Sep 27, 2019
NwanyiOkpa:
Hello,

Please advise me.

My dear,i saw a story on how a girl was raped to death on this forum and you wouldn't what it to be your case....I advice you caution him in front of other colleagues and the same time,report it to your boss....And if your boss is acting other wise,please quit that job.

People like that are looking for the slightest of opportunity to rape you.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Deal With Sexual Harassment From A Colleague? by yommen: 3:05am On Sep 27, 2019
Next time he touches you in a manner you don't like, slap him.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Deal With Sexual Harassment From A Colleague? by friendlyadvice: 3:22am On Sep 27, 2019
If na yankee you dey I woulda asked you to involve the police and become a billionaire buh na naija we dey so I'll advice you to either tell him you don't like it or keep enduring his gross advances or just leave the job all together.
Another thing you can do is go together with your mom and report him to your boss, mothers have a way of getting into peoples heads
Re: How Do I Deal With Sexual Harassment From A Colleague? by Sleevia: 3:23am On Sep 27, 2019
NwanyiOkpa:
Hello,

Please advise me.

Let me tell you the secret of Nigeria: Be Forking Bold and Courageous

You are scared? Like wtf are you scared? Oh I get it. Because you dare make any move to challenge him, you will loss your job. So you prefer to keep your job than your dignity?

This is same thing Nigerian leaders use to flog us in line.

But the sad reality is that if you keep quiet, you are only encouraging him more. You better take some actions like getting legal over this thing.

There are laws that many of us don't even know exist.
Re: How Do I Deal With Sexual Harassment From A Colleague? by Sleevia: 3:32am On Sep 27, 2019
fourhayz:
Try sitting him down,Ask him series of questions like:Does he have interest in you after that ask him why does he harass you sexually

-Can you ever befriend someone like him...i.e Can you give him a chance.

-You didn't tell us your age in your write ups which is very important.

Try studying him also and know his motives.

Some Guys are always like that each time they see a Lady they are truly in love with.

But if you see that he's just being stupid...Try scare him away with you reporting to any nearest police station with severe warning.

Thank You

Rubbish advise...no man who really like a lady will take picture of her ass and send it to her on WhatsApp. That is attitude of a predator, a perverted mind and a womanizer.

Your advise is useless because it will embolden him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Deal With Sexual Harassment From A Colleague? by Ayasayas(m): 3:52am On Sep 27, 2019
Still you are espected to report to your boss and if it continue to the police, the reaction will determine whether you live the work or not and it may lead to relocating your accommodation.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Deal With Sexual Harassment From A Colleague? by tsmith(f): 4:35am On Sep 27, 2019
Muyiwaipere:
The way you dress is the way you are addressed

You can not dress like an innocent and decent girl and a man would be doing that... Fear go catch am sef

So.... Change your mode of dressing and restrict your relationship with them
.gaskia?

Please stop being stereotypical and presumptuous. Even woman in nikkab are harassed, so dressing is absolutely no reason or excuse for sexual harassment. Men, women and everyone should learn to control their actions, regardless of prompters

The office environment to me seems like a testestrone charged environment, mostly men, co-shared accommodation etc. Think Big brother house and know for sure that hormones would be running wild. That still doesn't excuse harassment, she should report the situation and make it publically know. As a last resort get out of the whole situation if nothing is done

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Deal With Sexual Harassment From A Colleague? by Solsix(m): 5:15am On Sep 27, 2019
NwanyiOkpa:
Hello,

Please advise me.
What advice are you seeking?? How to mind your business or how to resign from a job?? Because I don't see any problem here. Just mind your business and everything will be fine
Re: How Do I Deal With Sexual Harassment From A Colleague? by Rahimat27: 5:43am On Sep 27, 2019
Remove ur earrings,don't makeup start wearing berets and long skirts to work lobatan

1 Like

Re: How Do I Deal With Sexual Harassment From A Colleague? by BRATISLAVA: 6:02am On Sep 27, 2019
NwanyiOkpa:
Hello,

Please advise me.
Have you checked the room for hidden cameras? Because people like the ones you've described can go the extra mile to harass and degrade.
Tell them you have a fiance or something. They are doing that probably because they have seen no male of substance around you and because they are rapists who cannot control their urges.But then you are living in the midst of them, so you might want to watch how you report that before his hanging around your room becomes an assault. Don't take any of his actions for granted, because he acts like a rapist.Have you thought of getting the pictures and using them against them?
Re: How Do I Deal With Sexual Harassment From A Colleague? by otunbalamba: 6:03am On Sep 27, 2019
"The perpetrator may be completely unaware that his or her behavior is offensive or constitutes sexual harassment" so tell him to his face that he is harassing you and if he doesn't listen cheesy find some bouncers to abduct and get a pitbull dog to eat his male reproductive system wink
Re: How Do I Deal With Sexual Harassment From A Colleague? by BRATISLAVA: 6:09am On Sep 27, 2019
Solsix:

What advice are you seeking?? How to mind your business or how to resign from a job?? Because I don't see any problem here. Just mind your business and everything will be fine

Why should she endure harassment? Would you? If the guy rapes her will you still tell her to mind her business or do you think it's his right?
Re: How Do I Deal With Sexual Harassment From A Colleague? by BRATISLAVA: 6:11am On Sep 27, 2019
Sleevia:

Rubbish advise...no man who really like a lady will take picture of her ass and send it to her on WhatsApp. That is attitude of a predator, a perverted mind and a womanizer.

Your advise is useless because it will embolden him.
That advice is so shocking! Can you imagine what some men are thinking? That they should be understood even when they have exceeded the limits for same behavior?
Re: How Do I Deal With Sexual Harassment From A Colleague? by sirchrislatestn(m): 6:12am On Sep 27, 2019
NwanyiOkpa:

So you mean i should share my body like rice to every man that comes knocking? Can you give same advice to your daughter?
so u mean u hve b sharing it since & u re here claiming innocent
Re: How Do I Deal With Sexual Harassment From A Colleague? by david2502: 6:29am On Sep 27, 2019
Times are hard, you need to make life easy for yourself.

Re: How Do I Deal With Sexual Harassment From A Colleague? by leetech93: 6:36am On Sep 27, 2019
NwanyiOkpa:

Thank you for taking out time to delineate everything for me. God bless you.
He has said it all,don't be ashamed of expressing yourself ,report to the boss,keep evidences and don't beat around what you would not eat,don't be scared of losing the job as well,because if he succeeded and the disgrace comes,no one who asked you to resign before you do,so be wise
Re: How Do I Deal With Sexual Harassment From A Colleague? by Isoduwa(m): 6:42am On Sep 27, 2019
NwanyiOkpa:

So you mean i should share my body like rice to every man that comes knocking? Can you give same advice to your daughter?

Which body? The one Wey don XXXL?
Re: How Do I Deal With Sexual Harassment From A Colleague? by Nobody: 6:55am On Sep 27, 2019
It sounds like you are being soft and laugh too much with this colleague, if you issue him a stern warning and not give him any smiling face, he will know you are serious and stop.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Meet The Nigerian Wonder-woman Who Is A Professional Painter, Tiler, And Plumber / Police Officer In A Dramatic Traffic Control In Port Harcourt: Photos & Video / Lady Motor Mechanic From Warri, Delta State - Photo And Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.