Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,576 members, 7,820,071 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:18 AM

Weekly Watchtower Study Edition Discussion Trend, For JW (JW Only) - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Weekly Watchtower Study Edition Discussion Trend, For JW (JW Only) (11460 Views)

Question For JW And Other Pacifist Organizations / The World Will End And Armageddon Will Come On Or Before Year 2000- Watchtower / Video Recording With 2 JW Elders After WT Child Sexual Abuse Studies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Weekly Watchtower Study Edition Discussion Trend, For JW (JW Only) by Nobody: 5:30am On Nov 17, 2019
true2god:
I am a natural student of comparative religion and I can tell you, respectfully, that I have read over 40% of your 'Awake' and 'watchtower' magazines from the 1984 editions till date. I can tell you that I am very familiar with their writing style, like a typical Barcelona football style, which are often recycled and very predictable. What I have come to realize that in over 90% of the publications, it is either the Catholics are bashed or other Christian denominations are demonized. The magazines will never say any positive thing about other Christian congregation and it is so bad that the JW governing body didn't even consider the fact that we have 1000s of Christian denominations and the JW is also one out of the 1000s. The rest are 'the Christendom', 'Babylon the great', 'the spiritual harlot', 'the false brethren' and other official derogatory terms used, by the JW, to qualify the rest. If you are a sincere person who won't deny these facts.

The JW can just 'do their things' without technically insulting others. If an organization based their teachings on apologetics and polemics then they should be ready to also get their beliefs scrutinized and criticised, which many of us do.

I once told my JW friend, who normally visit me for a Bible discussion, that I once prayed and fasted for about one week and I slept and heard a voice telling me 'I have blessed you'. The JW friend, in my house and in my presence told me it was the devil that spoke to me. That's the last time I entertain any JW in my house. You guys don't seem to have or set boundaries for criticising others. And FYA, I got THREE jobs the very month I heard that voice in my sleep.

Jehovah's Witnesses are people who believe in the instruction that's based on facts from the Bible, NOT every wind of teachings!

Note that all the publications is based on what the Bible says NOT some varying testimonies from different persons. You would have been pleased if your visitor (JW) agreed with you that it's God's voice you heard since it has resulted in what you WANTED.

Well that's how different religions came into existence all in the name of Christianity. Granted, the Catholic Church fought dirty during the dark ages to prevent people from forming different religions in the name of Christ. What killed their works is POLITICS.
They were using the influence of politics to do this, unlike the first century Christians who will just stand firm again segregation WITHOUT the use of force, the Catholics were killing people for speaking against the teachings of their Church!

Jehovah's Witnesses took to the idea of the first century Christians, they will simply separate themselves from you if you're intently arguing in support of the so called voice you heard instead of remaining in Union with the rest of the congregation!
Our teachings are STRICTLY based on what we carefully read, diligently studied, thoroughly meditated and fervently prayed upon before we all come to an agreement globally, NOT some testimonies of different individuals from different races claiming they heard God's voice saying different things only to boost either their material increase or save them from dying!

Let us be sincere with this. You know perfectly well that what you heard has NOTHING to do with integrity keeping nor instructions on how to preach and teach people God's word effectively in your neighborhood. Your major concern is how to solve your immediate problem. So how does that stand as the bases to teach people who never heard the spirit that spoke to you?
It's either they also hear the same voice telling them something else that PERSONALLY benefit them or they start coming to you so that you can intercede for them with the God who spoke with you.
Well that's how many became Pastors/Church founders and start opening centers for worship!
And their idea will differ from all the existing Churches around otherwise they should have joined the existing Churches if they have the same line of thought with them!undecided
Re: Weekly Watchtower Study Edition Discussion Trend, For JW (JW Only) by rottennaija(m): 6:14am On Nov 17, 2019
TATIME:

He said he heard voices and he concluded it's from God since it's in accord with his prayers.
Jehovah's Witnesses believes that after the conclusion of the Bible book of Revelation, God speaks verbally to no one again! Rev 22:18-19

Well there has been lots of religious groups formed after then, their claim; they HEARD God's voice asking or directing them to do one thing or the other. This gave birth to so many religious groups having contradicting doctrines and conflicting teachings in the name of ONE man "Jesus".

I finds this confusing so i fully agreed with the JWs that whatever voice people are hearing after the Bible book of Revelation can't be from the same person who said 'NO addition and NO subtraction' Rev 22:28-19

I'm not saying he lacks faith, after all he believes in something and it's working for him according to his wishes. Surely that's some kind of faith but certainly NOT my own kind of faith.

So instead of being bitter towards JWs for not agreeing with his type of faith, all he should just walk away with JOY and PEACE of mind that he is satisfied. And forget about Jehovah's Witnesses (those holding a contrary opinion about faith).
Nobody can force another on this, we should learn to tolerate everyone no matter what they believe as long as they're NOT FORCING us to agree with them!

Jehovah's Witnesses believe, Jehovah's Witnesses believe... It's as if you certainly assume God's is bound by the believes of JWs. If JWs believes has been fool proof, how many of your beloved beliefs has been proven false by the passage of time? Should I list them?

Identities of King of the North and south?
Identity of faithful and discreet slave
Year of Jesus enthronement in heaven?
Blood doctrine? Organ transplants? Vaccination?
Year of heavenly calling ending?
This generation? Overlapping generations?

Should I continue? In all of these, you have not learn a simple truth the God's word, God's will, his actions or activities are not bound by Jehovah's Witnesses believes.

All the current beliefs you have today calling them truth will someday be discarded in favour of something new when it no longer makes sense. And you are here shouting Jehovah's Witnesses believes, Jehovah's Witnesses believes, Jehovah Witnesses believe.

Honestly! You people have no shame

4 Likes

Re: Weekly Watchtower Study Edition Discussion Trend, For JW (JW Only) by rottennaija(m): 6:22am On Nov 17, 2019
TATIME:

Please what is the name of the Church doing this BEAUTIFUL work?
What exactly was the topic of his preaching that won over all those (former) criminals.
Are members of this church still preaching and teaching what the pastor taught to win these inmates?
In how many countries of the world are they doing this BEAUTIFUL work?
Is it only inside the prison that they're assigned to preach?
Can their members also come and do the same thing in our own neighborhood?

Name of church?
Topic of the preaching?
Then members must preach and teach what the pastor preach to win this criminals?
Then number of countries these preaching is done?
Then is it inside the prison the preaching is done alone?
Then the members of the church needs to come to your neighbourhood to also preach to you?

If all of the above is done, will you be satisfied?
Answer the above and I'll take you up on the topic of preaching. You will see how shallow the preaching done by JWs are and how deficient it is to win souls for christ.
Re: Weekly Watchtower Study Edition Discussion Trend, For JW (JW Only) by Nobody: 7:38am On Nov 17, 2019
rottennaija:

Jehovah's Witnesses believe, Jehovah's Witnesses believe... It's as if you certainly assume God's is bound by the believes of JWs. If JWs believes has been fool proof, how many of your beloved beliefs has been proven false by the passage of time? Should I list them?

Identities of King of the North and south?
Identity of faithful and discreet slave
Year of Jesus enthronement in heaven?
Blood doctrine? Organ transplants? Vaccination?
Year of heavenly calling ending?
This generation? Overlapping generations?

Should I continue? In all of these, you have not learn a simple truth the God's word, God's will, his actions or activities are not bound by Jehovah's Witnesses believes.

All the current beliefs you have today calling them truth will someday be discarded in favour of something new when it no longer makes sense. And you are here shouting Jehovah's Witnesses believes, Jehovah's Witnesses believes, Jehovah Witnesses believe.

Honestly! You people have no shame

I understand you.

What you are saying is that since Jehovah's Witnesses are saying they have the TRUTH, their beliefs regarding certain things supposed not to change at all.

Please according to the Bible, do you think what Abel knew about God, his standard and feelings is the same as that of Moses?

According to the Bible, are they both Witnesses of the same God?

During their time, do they have people whose form of worship is considered false, or God accepted all forms of worship that's directed to him?
Re: Weekly Watchtower Study Edition Discussion Trend, For JW (JW Only) by true2god: 8:05am On Nov 17, 2019
Maximus69:

Jehovah's Witnesses are people who believe in the instruction that's based on facts from the Bible, NOT every wind of teachings!

Note that all the publications is based on what the Bible says NOT some varying testimonies from different persons. You would have been pleased if your visitor (JW) agreed with you that it's God's voice you heard since it has resulted in what you WANTED.

Well that's how different religions came into existence all in the name of Christianity. Granted, the Catholic Church fought dirty during the dark ages to prevent people from forming different religions in the name of Christ. What killed their works is POLITICS.
They were using the influence of politics to do this, unlike the first century Christians who will just stand firm again segregation WITHOUT the use of force, the Catholics were killing people for speaking against the teachings of their Church!

Jehovah's Witnesses took to the idea of the first century Christians, they will simply separate themselves from you if you're intently arguing in support of the so called voice you heard instead of remaining in Union with the rest of the congregation!
Our teachings are STRICTLY based on what we carefully read, diligently studied, thoroughly meditated and fervently prayed upon before we all come to an agreement globally, NOT some testimonies of different individuals from different races claiming they heard God's voice saying different things only to boost either their material increase or save them from dying!

Let us be sincere with this. You know perfectly well that what you heard has NOTHING to do with integrity keeping nor instructions on how to preach and teach people God's word effectively in your neighborhood. Your major concern is how to solve your immediate problem. So how does that stand as the bases to teach people who never heard the spirit that spoke to you?
It's either they also hear the same voice telling them something else that PERSONALLY benefit them or they start coming to you so that you can intercede for them with the God who spoke with you.
Well that's how many became Pastors/Church founders and start opening centers for worship!
And their idea will differ from all the existing Churches around otherwise they should have joined the existing Churches if they have the same line of thought with them!undecided
I understand you point, the God of the JW is docile and powerless and any spiritual experience a JW has must be from the devil. So, you have no reason to believe what others may believe, and according to the scripture, except it is approved by the 'watchtower' as the 'Bible Truth'. This is the exact position you maintained.

I am not a Catholic and I don't believe in most of their teachings and practices, and many other Churches share my sentiment. However, the JW is the only organization that is built on blackmailing them, and others, as an official religious policy. It is a known fact that in the medieval Europe, there is no separation of the Church and the state which effectively made the Catholic church both the political and the spiritual head of the state. Of course the Catholic church was brutal (it is not the JW that made people aware of this fact), about 500-700 years ago, however it is disingenuous for the watchtower to make it a defacto official policy to use their past to shame and blackmail them. and at the same time claim exclusive right to a nonexisting persecution.

Why is the 'watchtower' not devoting their intellectual energies in blackmailing churches like the Depperlife, the apostolic faith, the redeemed Christian church if God, etc? This is because they will get no result hence prefer to go for the soft target.

As for the points you raised concerning my spiritual experience, see what I wrote earlier:

The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit (1 cor. 2:14).

The JW is a carnal organization and considered all spiritual matters foolish because they don't have the spirit, or believe in the spirit of God. The only thing acceptable must come through the governing body and not from the Spirit of God.

Having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power. Avoid such people, like the JW.(2 Tim 3:5).

There is power in godliness, part of which is prayer, fasting, alm giving and supplication. The Bible advised true Christians to avoid such (like the JW) who deny the power of/in godliness, the same way you are displaying here.
Re: Weekly Watchtower Study Edition Discussion Trend, For JW (JW Only) by Nobody: 8:31am On Nov 17, 2019
rottennaija:

Name of church?
Topic of the preaching?
Then members must preach and teach what the pastor preach to win this criminals?
Then number of countries these preaching is done?
Then is it inside the prison the preaching is done alone?
Then the members of the church needs to come to your neighbourhood to also preach to you?

If all of the above is done, will you be satisfied?
Answer the above and I'll take you up on the topic of preaching. You will see how shallow the preaching done by JWs are and how deficient it is to win souls for christ.

My questions are to IDENTIFY the religion or as you people used to call them "denomination" that's doing this BEAUTIFUL work!

Before i became one of Jehovah's Witnesses, the one and only group preaching and teaching with enthusiasm and efficacy in my own neighborhood are JWs!

Please i want you to understand me clearly before you respond now, what i meant is that all other religions claiming Christians only stands in public places and buses to say things they were taught without trying to know what EACH individual had in mind. We are not kids and we all know that everyone have one thing or another in mind that they call BELIEFS. Therefore before anyone can reach the heart of someone, you need to speak one on one with the person IN PRIVATE before you can convince another person fully to CHANGE what he/she believes.

Sincerely speaking in this aspect, there is none like the Jehovah's Witnesses! undecided undecided undecided
Re: Weekly Watchtower Study Edition Discussion Trend, For JW (JW Only) by tonyimadu: 9:08am On Nov 17, 2019
I am not a JW but I have been a friend to your organization for years.
I feel it is wrong in the era of free speech and interaction to create a thread in an open source like nairaland for just JW members.
If this were a private JW website then we can understand.
But creating a thread and telling others that they are not welcome is rude.
You have one of the most robust websites you could easily use that for all your private meetings but nairaland is so open. We can't start having restrictions on nairaland.
Just my thought.

1 Like

Re: Weekly Watchtower Study Edition Discussion Trend, For JW (JW Only) by Esteemed626: 9:18am On Nov 17, 2019
Is this wachtower study or argument thread nawa o. Pls you ppl should try to ignore haters. No one has ever fought Jah and won. It didn't happen in times past it will never happen in future. Pls you ppl should create a WhatsApp group for all JW's. I love Jehovah. He will always be my God. The God merciful and kind slow to anger and abundant in loving kindness and truth Slow to anger.... Also a GOD OF JUSTICE.

WHATSAPP GROUP IS BEST .
MY WHATSAPP IS 08187099719. IN CASE YOU CREATE A GOOD UPBUILDING GROUP PLS ADD ME. THANKS

1 Like

Re: Weekly Watchtower Study Edition Discussion Trend, For JW (JW Only) by Nobody: 9:21am On Nov 17, 2019
true2god:
I understand you point the God of the JW is docile and powerless and any spiritual experience a JW has must be from the devil. So, you have no reason to believe what others may believe, and according to the scripture, except it is approved by the 'watchtower' as the 'Bible Truth'. This is the exact position you maintained.

I am not a Catholic and I don't believe in most of their teachings and practices, and many other Churches share my sentiment. However, the JW is the only organization that is built on blackmailing them, and others, as an official religious policy. It is a known fact that in the medieval Europe, there is no separation of the Church and the state which effectively made the Catholic church both the political and the spiritual head of the state. Of course the Catholic church was brutal (it is not the JW that made people aware of this fact), about 500-700 years ago, however it is disingenuous for the watchtower to make it a defacto official policy to use their past to shame and blackmail them. and at the same time claim exclusive right to a nonexisting persecution.

Why is the 'watchtower' not devoting their intellectual energies in blackmailing churches like the Depperlife, the apostolic faith, the redeemed Christian church if God, etc? This is because they will get no result hence prefer to go for the soft target.

As for the points you raised concerning my spiritual experience, see what I wrote earlier:

The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit (1 cor. 2:14).

The JW is a carnal organization and considered all spiritual matters foolish because they don't have the spirit, or believe in the spirit of God. The only thing acceptable must come through the governing body and not from the Spirit of God.

Having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power. Avoid such people, like the JW.(2 Tim 3:5).

There is power in godliness, part of which is prayer, fasting, alm giving and supplication. The Bible advised true Christians to avoid such (like the JW) who deny the power of/in godliness, the same way you are displaying here.

Perhaps you thought you've gotten the point but sincerely speaking you've not Sir!

First of all, Jehovah's Witnesses never claim to be the one telling people about the past of the Orthodox Churches. We only do so to alert all the religious groups hanging firmly on what the Orthodox Churches laid down!
The doctrines of all these Churches were taken from the beliefs of the Orthodox Churches with the exemption of just one the BORN AGAIN ideology!
Apart from this, everything the Churches claims they believe is not different from that of the existing Orthodox Churches.
It was one by one that the Orthodox Churches themselves after a long time struggle began PROTESTING and leaving their mother religion "Catholic". To distinguish each of them, they remove one thing from the dogma and that was how they continue until they now formed alliance to fight any other religion that's coming up to challenge the DOGMAS upon which all the Orthodox Churches agreed!
It was America that declared freedom of speech, expression and worship. And so many protesters who are still finding faults with the doctrines of the Orthodox Churches were able to start their own groups. That's why Europe has lesser of this modern day Churches than America!
As for the power in God's word that's denied, i think our understanding differs on the subject.
How?
~At Hebrew 4:12 we read that God's word has power to REACH THE HEART.
~1Corinthians 1:10 stated that believers MUST HAVE THE SAME LINE OF THOUGHT.
~John 17:20-23 Jesus said his followers will be united as one big body.
~Isaiah 2:1-4 Says God's people during the end time will settle all their differences amongst themselves and none of them will work in the military services.
~Matthew 28:19-20 Jesus commands his followers to go and speak with people, TEACH them all his rules.
~Galatians 5:22-23 A true Christian group must be hard working in ensuring that the nine qualities mentioned here are clearly visible amongst them, so that there will be NO LAW formed by any human government that will be justified against their gathering, because their righteousness is God's handiwork! Isaiah 54:17

With all of these in mind, i think any religion that's claiming Christians but aren't up and doing in all these aspects is certainly having a form of godliness but denying the efficiency (work) of God's holy spirit! undecided
Re: Weekly Watchtower Study Edition Discussion Trend, For JW (JW Only) by Nobody: 9:28am On Nov 17, 2019
tonyimadu:
I am not a JW but I have been a friend to your organization for years.
I feel it is wrong in the era of free speech and interaction to create a thread in an open source like nairaland for just JW members.
If this were a private JW website then we can understand.
But creating a thread and telling others that they are not welcome is rude.
You have one of the most robust websites you could easily use that for all your private meetings but nairaland is so open. We can't start having restrictions on nairaland.
Just my thought.
The OP did so just to gather ONLY JWs together for a group chat, but just as you've rightly stated God's holy spirit has helped us to know that such upbuilding group chat can't work here.
Thanks and may God bless you! smiley
Re: Weekly Watchtower Study Edition Discussion Trend, For JW (JW Only) by Nobody: 9:32am On Nov 17, 2019
Esteemed626:
Is this wachtower study or argument thread nawa o. Pls you ppl should try to ignore haters. No one has ever fought Jah and won. It didn't happen in times past it will never happen in future. Pls you ppl should create a WhatsApp group for all JW's. I love Jehovah. He will always be my God. The God merciful and kind slow to anger and abundant in loving kindness and truth Slow to anger.... Also a GOD OF JUSTICE.

WHATSAPP GROUP IS BEST .
MY WHATSAPP IS 08187099719. IN CASE YOU CREATE A GOOD UPBUILDING GROUP PLS ADD ME. THANKS
If nobody answers these critics, they'll be claiming they've gotten something worthwhile to say against God's people.

Wow, you've just brightened my soul!

That's the spirit of JEHOVAH!

May JEHOVAH bless you my brother!

Agape! smiley
Re: Weekly Watchtower Study Edition Discussion Trend, For JW (JW Only) by rottennaija(m): 10:05am On Nov 17, 2019
TATIME:

My questions are to IDENTIFY the religion or as you people used to call them "denomination" that's doing this BEAUTIFUL work!

Before i became one of Jehovah's Witnesses, the one and only group preaching and teaching with enthusiasm and efficacy in my own neighborhood are JWs!

Please i want you to understand me clearly before you respond now, what i meant is that all other religions claiming Christians only stands in public places and buses to say things they were taught without trying to know what EACH individual had in mind. We are not kids and we all know that everyone have one thing or another in mind that they call BELIEFS. Therefore before anyone can reach the heart of someone, you need to speak one on one with the person IN PRIVATE before you can convince another person fully to CHANGE what he/she believes.

Sincerely speaking in this aspect, there is none like the Jehovah's Witnesses! undecided undecided undecided
Again, you writeup betrays a simple lack of knowledge of individuals and groups. Compare what you wrote here bolded with Jesus semon on the mount in Mt 5. Did Jesus speak with them individually to know what was in their mind and their beliefs?

Are you in any suggesting that individuals preaching is the only way or acceptable methods of preaching? How dud Jesus reach the heart of his listeners in that occasion? In private? The more than 3000 in the mountains?

Refer to Acts 17:16–34. Here are what to note. Paul preached in synagogue, public squares to all who happen to be there. v17 He also appeared before the council of philosophers v19.

I'm sure the apostle had know them privately right? You see why we keep saying JWs don't know anything? Really, you don't. Preaching in a public bus? What's wrong with that? If you really want to know what courage it takes to preach in public, try it (if you will have the nerves).

Honestly, the more you talk, the more ignorant you appear. God.
Re: Weekly Watchtower Study Edition Discussion Trend, For JW (JW Only) by rottennaija(m): 10:12am On Nov 17, 2019
TATIME:

I understand you.

What you are saying is that since Jehovah's Witnesses are saying they have the TRUTH, their beliefs regarding certain things supposed not to change at all.

Please according to the Bible, do you think what Abel knew about God, his standard and feelings is the same as that of Moses?

According to the Bible, are they both Witnesses of the same God?

During their time, do they have people whose form of worship is considered false, or God accepted all forms of worship that's directed to him?

So what exactly is this truth that JWs have? What exactly is it when JWs says they are in the truth? What exactly is truth then?
Re: Weekly Watchtower Study Edition Discussion Trend, For JW (JW Only) by rottennaija(m): 10:20am On Nov 17, 2019
Esteemed626:

WHATSAPP GROUP IS BEST .

First of all, no one hates you or JWs here. I understand and know that when you keep playing the hatred game in your mind, it makes you feel like martyrs and feeling persecuted.

When your hypocrisy is exposed, it not hatred, it's simply an exposing of hypocrisy. When your falsehood is exposed, it not hatred but an exposing of falsehood.
Re: Weekly Watchtower Study Edition Discussion Trend, For JW (JW Only) by Nobody: 10:30am On Nov 17, 2019
rottennaija:

Again, you writeup betrays a simple lack of knowledge of individuals and groups. Compare what you wrote here bolded with Jesus semon on the mount in Mt 5. Did Jesus speak with them individually to know what was in their mind and their beliefs?

Are you in any suggesting that individuals preaching is the only way or acceptable methods of preaching? How dud Jesus reach the heart of his listeners in that occasion? In private? The more than 3000 in the mountains?

Refer to Acts 17:16–34. Here are what to note. Paul preached in synagogue, public squares to all who happen to be there. v17 He also appeared before the council of philosophers v19.

I'm sure the apostle had know them privately right? You see why we keep saying JWs don't know anything? Really, you don't. Preaching in a public bus? What's wrong with that? If you really want to know what courage it takes to preach in public, try it (if you will have the nerves).

Honestly, the more you talk, the more ignorant you appear. God.

Please, are you this aggressive always? embarassed

At least you noticed the way i respectfully presented my thought, why can't you just do likewise without the fury and abusive expressions?

Well, i remembered that after so many people have been following Jesus (probably because they're NOT fully convinced about his teachings) many of them turned back and NEVER thought of following Jesus again! John 6:66

Please it's clear hear that only those who were with him 24/7 remained standing! John 6:67-69

These were those you thought have gotten the understanding of Jesus' teachings, yet they all deserted him for their old beliefs!

Perhaps that's why Jesus never prayed with any of his followers until he was certain that this ones (the twelve) were fully prepared to stand by all what he has been teaching them {John 17:8-9} PRIVATELY! Matthew 24:3, Mark 6:31

So who were fully competent and completely equipped for the work {2Timothy 3:16-17} those who heard him in public or those who learnt from him in PRIVATE? Mark 9:28 smiley smiley smiley
Re: Weekly Watchtower Study Edition Discussion Trend, For JW (JW Only) by rottennaija(m): 10:34am On Nov 17, 2019
true2god:
I understand you point, the God of the JW is docile and powerless and any spiritual experience a JW has must be from the devil. So, you have no reason to believe what others may believe, and according to the scripture, except it is approved by the 'watchtower' as the 'Bible Truth'. This is the exact position you maintained.

Have you notice the straw man's argument? You spoke exclusively of Catholic. Because it's easy for him to attack a soft target, he went for orthodoxy. Classic from watchtowers method of diversion.

I keep say, it's only gullible people JWs can deceive.
Maximus69:

Perhaps you thought you've gotten the point but sincerely speaking you've not Sir!

First of all, Jehovah's Witnesses never claim to be the one telling people about the past of the Orthodox Churches. We only do so to alert all the religious groups hanging firmly on what the Orthodox Churches laid down!
The doctrines of all these Churches were taken from the beliefs of the Orthodox Churches with the exemption of just one the BORN AGAIN ideology!
Apart from this, everything the Churches claims they believe is not different from that of the existing Orthodox Churches.
It was one by one that the Orthodox Churches themselves after a long time struggle began PROTESTING and leaving their mother religion "Catholic". To distinguish each of them, they remove one thing from the dogma and that was how they continue until they now formed alliance to fight any other religion that's coming up to challenge the DOGMAS upon which all the Orthodox Churches agreed!
It was America that declared freedom of speech, expression and worship. And so many protesters who are still finding faults with the doctrines of the Orthodox Churches were able to start their own groups. That's why Europe has lesser of this modern day Churches than America!
As for the power in God's word that's denied, i think our understanding differs on the subject.
How?
~At Hebrew 4:12 we read that God's word has power to REACH THE HEART.
~1Corinthians 1:10 stated that believers MUST HAVE THE SAME LINE OF THOUGHT.
~John 17:20-23 Jesus said his followers will be united as one big body.
~Isaiah 2:1-4 Says God's people during the end time will settle all their differences amongst themselves and none of them will work in the military services.
~Matthew 28:19-20 Jesus commands his followers to go and speak with people, TEACH them all his rules.
~Galatians 5:22-23 A true Christian group must be hard working in ensuring that the nine qualities mentioned here are clearly visible amongst them, so that there will be NO LAW formed by any human government that will be justified against their gathering, because their righteousness is God's handiwork! Isaiah 54:17

With all of these in mind, i think any religion that's claiming Christians but aren't up and doing in all these aspects is certainly having a form of godliness but denying the efficiency (work) of God's holy spirit! undecided
Re: Weekly Watchtower Study Edition Discussion Trend, For JW (JW Only) by rottennaija(m): 10:35am On Nov 17, 2019
TATIME:

At least you noticed the way i respectfully presented my thought, why can't you just do likewise without the fury and abusive expressions?

Well, i remembered that after so many people have been following Jesus (probably because they're NOT fully convinced about his teachings) many of them turned back and NEVER thought of following Jesus again! John 6:66

Please it's clear hear that only those who were with him 24/7 remained standing! John 6:67-69

These were those you thought have gotten the understanding of Jesus' teachings, yet they all deserted him for their old beliefs!

Perhaps that's why Jesus never prayed with any of his followers until he was certain that this ones (the twelve) were fully prepared to stand by all what he has been teaching them {John 17:8-9} PRIVATELY! Matthew 24:3, Mark 6:31

So who were fully competent and completely equipped for the work {2Timothy 3:16-17} those who heard him in public or those who learnt from him in PRIVATE? Mark 9:28 smiley smiley smiley

You insult my intelligence.

Secondly! The point was preaching. Jesus preach that way. The apostle Paul did. Heck, even Peter converted about 5000 souls in the night of the upper room where the disciples speak in tongue.

Also, don't betray your lack of knowledge. I keep repeating it. The Paul's letter to Timothy you referred to in 2Timothy 3:16-17 (Read the whole of Timothy 1 and 2) was in administration of the congregation or church.

My point is, there is no specific bible ordain method of preaching.
Re: Weekly Watchtower Study Edition Discussion Trend, For JW (JW Only) by rottennaija(m): 10:49am On Nov 17, 2019
TATIME:

How does that stop the fact the Jesus preacher publicly? The apostle Paul also did and even Peter did?
Re: Weekly Watchtower Study Edition Discussion Trend, For JW (JW Only) by Nobody: 11:03am On Nov 17, 2019
rottennaija:

So what exactly is this truth that JWs have? What exactly is it when JWs says they are in the truth? What exactly is truth then?

Wise question!

Only if you will drop this ego and meditate on the answer, because this same question was thrown at our Master, Lord and King! John 18:38

Please note that Pontius Pilate had no interest in hearing what the man accused has to say about the TRUTH, so try not to behave like him now! smiley

Jesus is the TRUTH who is gradually revealing the secret sacred about pure worship, he does so because we are IMPERFECT humans so it's not possible for one generation to bear all the sacred secrets at once! John 16:12

TRUTH according to the Bible means whatever standard or principle that's guiding God's loyal servants as a BODY! It's gradually revealed to God's servants (Daniel 12:8-10).
Note that what John the baptist (a contemporary of Jesus who also served as God's prophet) taught his followers about the same God was corrected by Jesus! Luke 5:33-34
So those who learnt how to worship God under John the baptist (a servant of the same God) had to readjust their understanding (Act 18:24-26) as the LIGHT GETS BRIGHTER! Proverbs 4:18

Whoever refuses to adapt to the gradual system at which this same God is revealing sacred secrets will NEVER appreciate his works! John 9:28

Note that the Pharisees were fighting for the law, but they blinded themselves to the light that's brightening the understanding of people regarding God's word.

Now they were fighting against the gradual process but they themselves never agreed upon the ones they're trying to protect! Act 23:1-8

So the TRUTH (Jesus) binds devoted, loyal and honest hearted people together as one. He will not reveal everything together at once but gradually! John 16:12
Re: Weekly Watchtower Study Edition Discussion Trend, For JW (JW Only) by Nobody: 11:15am On Nov 17, 2019
rottennaija:

You insult my intelligence.

Secondly! The point was preaching. Jesus preach that way. The apostle Paul did. Heck, even Peter converted about 5000 souls in the night of the upper room where the disciples speak in tongue.

Also, don't betray your lack of knowledge. I keep repeating it. The Paul's letter to Timothy you referred to in 2Timothy 3:16-17 (Read the whole of Timothy 1 and 2) was in administration of the congregation or church.

My point is, there is no specific bible ordain method of preaching

FRUSTRATION comes
When you're battling to establish what is not true!
or
When you're trying to refute what is obvious!

The religious critics of Jesus' day (Pharisees) also said Jesus was INSULTING THEIR INTELLIGENCE by outwitting them when they were battling to refute his works! Luke 11:45

Well we are Jehovah's Witnesses Sir, our main objective is to work zealously as evangelizers to the full! 2Timothy 4:1-2

So we take this seriously that's why we diligently study God's word to know the best form of technique that can drive home our points! Philippians 4:8
Re: Weekly Watchtower Study Edition Discussion Trend, For JW (JW Only) by rottennaija(m): 11:17am On Nov 17, 2019
TATIME:

Wise question!

Only if you will drop this ego and meditate on the answer, because this same question was thrown at our Master, Lord and King! John 18:38

Please note that Pontius Pilate had no interest in hearing what the man accused has to say about the TRUTH, so try not to behave like him now! smiley

Jesus is the TRUTH who is gradually revealing the secret sacred about pure worship, he does so because we are IMPERFECT humans so it's not possible for one generation to bear all the sacred secrets at once! John 16:12

TRUTH according to the Bible means whatever standard or principle that's guiding God's loyal servants as a BODY! It's gradually revealed to God's servants (Daniel 12:8-10).
Note that what John the baptist (a contemporary of Jesus who also served as God's prophet) taught his followers about the same God was corrected by Jesus! Luke 5:33-34
So those who learnt how to worship God under John the baptist (a servant of the same God) had to readjust their understanding (Act 18:24-26) as the LIGHT GETS BRIGHTER! Proverbs 4:18

Whoever refuses to adapt to the gradual system at which this same God is revealing sacred secrets will NEVER appreciate his works! John 9:28

Note that the Pharisees were fighting for the law, but they blinded themselves to the light that's brightening the understanding of people regarding God's word.

Now they were fighting against the gradual process but they themselves never agreed upon the ones they're trying to protect! Act 23:1-8

So the TRUTH (Jesus) binds devoted, loyal and honest hearted people together as one. He will not reveal everything together at once but gradually! John 16:12

I see you brandishing the word truth around without saying anything. What is the truth that Jehovah's Witnesses have?
Re: Weekly Watchtower Study Edition Discussion Trend, For JW (JW Only) by rottennaija(m): 11:18am On Nov 17, 2019
TATIME:

FRUSTRATION comes
When you're battling to establish what is not true!
or
When you're trying to refute what is obvious!

The religious critics of Jesus' day (Pharisees) also said Jesus was INSULTING THEIR INTELLIGENCE by outwitting them when they were battling to refute his works! Luke 11:45

Well we are Jehovah's Witnesses Sir, our main objective is to work zealously as evangelizers to the full! 2Timothy 4:1-2

So we take this seriously that's why we diligently study God's word to know the best form of technique that can drive home our points! Philippians 4:8

Let's see how such frustration is, did Jesus preach publicly? Did the apostle Paul and Peter preach publicly?
Re: Weekly Watchtower Study Edition Discussion Trend, For JW (JW Only) by Nobody: 11:25am On Nov 17, 2019
rottennaija:

Have you notice the straw man's argument? You spoke exclusively of Catholic. Because it's easy for him to attack a soft target, he went for orthodoxy. Classic from watchtowers method of diversion.

I keep say, it's only gullible people JWs can deceive.

Well perhaps that's why Jesus referred to us as SHEEP! Matthew 10:6, 24:15, John 10:16, 27

If you've studied the two domestic animals that Jesus used to distinguish between humble people and arrogant ones, you'll understand that Jehovah's Witnesses are like sheep so most people refers to us as gullible.

But they're frustrated to see that the so called gullibles are the most difficult individuals to carry away from the fold with just any form of teachings! John 10:1-5 wink
Re: Weekly Watchtower Study Edition Discussion Trend, For JW (JW Only) by Nobody: 11:31am On Nov 17, 2019
rottennaija:

Let's see how such frustration is, did Jesus preach publicly? Did the apostle Paul and Peter preach publicly?

See frustration! wink

The brother said it's not a crime to preach publicly but Jehovah's Witnesses have chosen the most effective technique!
Jesus preached publicly but all those following based on the public preaching went back except those who learnt from him PRIVATELY!
So what else do you want? wink
Re: Weekly Watchtower Study Edition Discussion Trend, For JW (JW Only) by rottennaija(m): 11:31am On Nov 17, 2019
Maximus69:

Well perhaps that's why Jesus referred to us as SHEEP! Matthew 10:6, 24:15, John 10:16, 27

If you've studied the two domestic animals that Jesus used to distinguish between humble people and arrogant ones, you'll understand that Jehovah's Witnesses are like sheep so most people refers to us as gullible.

But they're frustrated to see that the so called gullibles are the most difficult individuals to carry away from the fold with just any form of teachings! John 10:1-5 wink
So you are gullible?
Re: Weekly Watchtower Study Edition Discussion Trend, For JW (JW Only) by rottennaija(m): 11:33am On Nov 17, 2019
Maximus69:

See frustration! wink

The brother said it's not a crime to preach publicly but Jehovah's Witnesses have chosen the most effective technique!
Jesus preached publicly but all those following based on the public preaching went back except those who learnt from him PRIVATELY!
So what else do you want? wink

Maximus69 and TATIME are in disagreement. If he said it wasn't a crime, why didn't he castigate those preaching buses and in market?

Besides, he was didn't say so. A house divided cannot stand.
Re: Weekly Watchtower Study Edition Discussion Trend, For JW (JW Only) by Nobody: 11:36am On Nov 17, 2019
rottennaija:

I see you brandishing the word truth around without saying anything. What is the truth that Jehovah's Witnesses have?

Jesus! John 14:6
God's word! John 1:1
Gradually revealed! Proverbs 4:18
Bind worshippers together as one body! John 17:20-23

That's the TRUTH Jehovah's Witnesses have!

So any form of worship that's unable to bind worshippers together as one big happy family of peace loving worshippers {Micah 4:3-4} is not the TRUTH!
Re: Weekly Watchtower Study Edition Discussion Trend, For JW (JW Only) by Nobody: 11:38am On Nov 17, 2019
rottennaija:

Maximus69 and TATIME are in disagreement. If he said it wasn't a crime, why didn't he castigate those preaching buses and in market?

Besides, he was didn't say so. A house divided cannot stand.

See frustration oooooooo

@ bolded! The house cannot stand yet you're seeing it stand firm without shaking, and you've been uploading threads after threads against a house that's NOT STANDING! cheesy
Re: Weekly Watchtower Study Edition Discussion Trend, For JW (JW Only) by Nobody: 11:40am On Nov 17, 2019
rottennaija:

So you are gullible?

Of course we're! cheesy

But ONLY for our Master Lord and King who is shepherding us as one fold! John 10:16 wink
Re: Weekly Watchtower Study Edition Discussion Trend, For JW (JW Only) by rottennaija(m): 11:54am On Nov 17, 2019
Maximus69:

Of course we're! cheesy

But ONLY for our Master Lord and King who is shepherding us as one fold! John 10:16 wink

Through the fallible governing body?
Re: Weekly Watchtower Study Edition Discussion Trend, For JW (JW Only) by rottennaija(m): 11:58am On Nov 17, 2019
Maximus69:

See frustration oooooooo

@ bolded! The house cannot stand yet you're seeing it stand firm without shaking, and you've been uploading threads after threads against a house that's NOT STANDING! cheesy

Does it hurt? The pharisees felt the same way when Jesus exposes them. Don't worry, I'm not going anywhere anytime soon. More big releases are coming.
Re: Weekly Watchtower Study Edition Discussion Trend, For JW (JW Only) by Nobody: 12:53pm On Nov 17, 2019
rottennaija:

Through the fallible governing body?

Yes o!

They're the little flock! Luke 12:32
And we're the other sheep! John 10:16

Note what Jesus said @ Luke, God has approved of giving them the Kingdom (Government)

No wonder they are the GOVERNING BODY! wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

How Should A Christian Respond To Chain Letters? / Benson Idahosa's 80th Posthumous Birthday Is Today / Manna Still Falls From Heaven In Angola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 159
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.