Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,198 members, 7,818,656 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:01 PM

Weekly Watchtower Study Edition Discussion Trend, For JW (JW Only) - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Weekly Watchtower Study Edition Discussion Trend, For JW (JW Only) (11415 Views)

Question For JW And Other Pacifist Organizations / The World Will End And Armageddon Will Come On Or Before Year 2000- Watchtower / Video Recording With 2 JW Elders After WT Child Sexual Abuse Studies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Weekly Watchtower Study Edition Discussion Trend, For JW (JW Only) by Nobody: 6:56pm On Nov 14, 2019
rottennaija:

First a man casting demon with Jesus Name.

St. Mark 9:38 - 40 also Luke 8:50-51

John said to Jesus, "Teacher, we saw a man using your name to cast out demons, but we told him to stop because he isn't one of our group." Don't stop him! " Jesus said. " No one who performs miracles in my name will soon be able to speak evil of me. Anyone who is not against us is for us."

Jesus on earth, with his unique one and only group, didn't ask the man to join his one and only unique group. Today, Jesus would direct them to Jw.borg

Another
John has disciples, who use to meet with Jesus to discus. (see Mt 9:14-16) At one point, they approach Jesus asking if he is the messiah, the one sent on the behest of John who was in prison. (Mt 11:2 - 6; Luke 7:19-22) Surely, Jesus should have directed them to the one and only unique group, especially as he was in earth.

In JW theology, Jesus concluded by showing them the one and only unique group. Which is Jw.borg. I believe future watchtower Bible will be restored to reflect the corrected understanding.

Next
We have Paul's encounter with the Jailer. After he had been set freed by the angel in the middle of the night, the account tells us

The Acts 16:27 - 36

The jailer woke up to see the prison doors wide open. He assumed the prisoners had escaped, so he drew his sword to kill himself. But Paul shouted to him, "Don't do it! We are all here!" Trembling with fear, the jailer called for lights and ran to the dungeon and fell down before Paul and Silas. He brought them out and asked, "Sirs, what must I do to be saved?" They replied, "Believe on the Lord Jesus and you will be saved, along with your entire household." Then they shared the word of the Lord with him and all who lived in his household. That same hour the jailer washed their wounds, and he and everyone in his household were immediately baptized. Then he brought them into his house and set a meal before them. He and his entire household rejoiced because they all believed in God. The next morning the city officials sent the police to tell the jailer, "Let those men go!" So the jailer told Paul, "You and Silas are free to leave. Go in peace."

Surprisingly, the apostle Paul didn't direct him to the one and only unique group, called JWs. Of course, he couldn't because CT Russel didn't create it then. But at least, he should have directed them to the Christian gathered at the upper room.

Also
We have the case of Cornelius, who the apostle Peter was directed by Jesus spirit to. In closing, the account says,

The Acts 10:46 - 48
And there could be no doubt about it, for they heard them speaking in tongues and praising God. Then Peter asked, "Can anyone object to their being baptized, now that they have received the Holy Spirit just as we did?" So he gave orders for them to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. Afterward Cornelius asked him to stay with them for several days.

Surprisingly, the account still leaves the part where Peter directed him to jw.borg as the one and unique group worshiping God. Maybe he did, maybe he didn't. I'm sure in the next JW bible, new findings will be made.

Then too
We have the Ethiopian eunuch, after God's spirit directed Phillips to him and then the preaching about Jesus and the way to salvation, it concludes

The Acts 8:38 - 39
He ordered the carriage to stop, and they went down into the water, and Philip baptized him. When they came up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught Philip away. The eunuch never saw him again but went on his way rejoicing.

Surprising also, it says the Eunuch was on his way to Jerusalem to worship. He must have been a part of Judaism, for he was reading the scroll of Isaiah. So after baptism, Jesus spirit led him away while the Eunuch continued on his way to Ethiopia rejoicing. Now, the spirit didn't direct Philip to direct the Eunuch to the one and only unique group. The confusion must be because it was the spirit of Jesus, not that of Jehovah which would definitely direct him to Jw.borg.

STORY! STORY!! STORY!!!

Cry from today till next year, we're JW.org Sir!

Just present another better ORGANIZATION and leave the rest to us, we're Jehovah's Witnesses and our faith is tied to ONENESS in thought with our fellow believers, so we're not going to abandon what binds us together with our brothers and sisters PERIOD! smiley

2 Likes

Re: Weekly Watchtower Study Edition Discussion Trend, For JW (JW Only) by achorladey: 6:56pm On Nov 14, 2019
Maximus69:

It's the GROUP Sir, otherwise there is no reason talking to them about the laws (which binds them together)! cheesy

The law binds the whole assembly together, so Joshua was laying emphasis on those who may later turn away from what binds them together! Deuteronomy 27:15 wink

Is that the extent you will push the scriptures to support your position.

Here it is AGAIN Joshua 24:14,15

Now if it seems bad to you to serve Jehovah, choose for yourselves today whom you will serve, whether the gods that your forefathers served on the other side of the River or the gods of the Amʹor·ites in whose land you are dwelling. But as for ME and MY HOUSEHOLD , we will serve Jehovah.

ME and MY HOUSEHOLD not US and OUR HOUSEHOLDS.

What does Deuteronomy 27:15 have to do with this again?

Cursed is the man who makes a carved image or a metal statue, a thing detestable to Jehovah, the workmanship of the hands of a craftsman, and who has hidden it.’ (And all the people will respond, saying, ‘Amen

Despite all the AMEN that was said back then THE WHOLE nation still LUST after the gods of FOREIGN NATIONS. Yet Jeremiah, and many prophets SINGLY held to what God asked them to do. Were THESE PROPHETS MAKING GROUP decisions too? E get as e be.

1 Like

Re: Weekly Watchtower Study Edition Discussion Trend, For JW (JW Only) by achorladey: 7:01pm On Nov 14, 2019
Maximus69:

Hmmmmmmmmm, so rottennaija is equal to Jesus who ordered his followers to start preaching in their neighborhood but goes far to begin his own preaching and teaching in another town.
I hear you Sir! cheesy

I believe now you have SEEN yourself in the MIRROR. rottennaija is not EQUAL to JESUS CHRIST. He has followed your LOGIC to the very end and you have GLADLY seen where it LEADS to.

CHARITY they SAY begins AT HOME. You started it, Now you cannot FINISH what you started.

1 Like

Re: Weekly Watchtower Study Edition Discussion Trend, For JW (JW Only) by Nobody: 7:03pm On Nov 14, 2019
achorladey:

Is that the extent you will push the scriptures to support your position.

Here it is AGAIN Joshua 24:14,15

Now if it seems bad to you to serve Jehovah, choose for yourselves today whom you will serve, whether the gods that your forefathers served on the other side of the River or the gods of the Amʹor·ites in whose land you are dwelling. But as for ME and MY HOUSEHOLD , we will serve Jehovah.

ME and MY HOUSEHOLD not US and OUR HOUSEHOLDS.

What does Deuteronomy 27:15

have to do with this again Cursed is the man who makes a carved image or a metal statue, a thing detestable to Jehovah, the workmanship of the hands of a craftsman, and who has hidden it.’ (And all the people will respond, saying, ‘Amen

Despite all the AMEN that was said back then THE WHOLE nation still LUST after the gods of FOREIGN NATIONS. Yet Jeremiah, and many prophets SINGLY held to what God asked them to do. Were THESE PROPHETS MAKING GROUP decisions too?

You and your folks have a big problem Sir! cheesy

All these is STORY! STORY!! STORY!!! cheesy

WE ARE JW.ORG! wink

That's the one and only key to open our hearts, if you want a JW to reason with you, just present another ORGANIZATION that's performing better than the one we're in now and leave the rest to us PERIOD! cheesy
Re: Weekly Watchtower Study Edition Discussion Trend, For JW (JW Only) by Nobody: 7:05pm On Nov 14, 2019
STORY! STORY!! STORY!!!
Another better performing ORGANIZATION, abeg leave STORY! wink
achorladey:

I believe now you have SEEN yourself in the MIRROR. rottennaija is not EQUAL to JESUS CHRIST. He has followed your LOGIC to the very end and you have GLADLY seen where it LEADS to.

CHARITY they SAY begins AT HOME. You started it, Now you cannot FINISH what you started.
Re: Weekly Watchtower Study Edition Discussion Trend, For JW (JW Only) by achorladey: 7:10pm On Nov 14, 2019
rottennaija:

Non Israelite entered the promise land, even those who didn't worship Jehovah. They entered and lived as alien, even animals that wasn't bled which Israelite wouldn't eat were commanded to be given to them to eat. (Deuteronomy 14:21)

I keep saying, JWs knowledge of the scriptures is limited. They don't read, research or exercise their brains.

Being a member of Israel had no bearing with worship of Jehovah. Job was not, but he worship. Isaiah was but didn't worship with his people during the day's of apostasy (similarly with JWs). Jeremiah wasn't carrying sacrifice to the temple to be aided the the apostate priest and levite.

That Job account fits WELL ENOUGH.

Here is Peter again in Acts 10:34,35 perhaps Janosky is not SEEING what we're SEEING........

Then Peter started speaking: “I now truly understand that God does not show favoritism in dealing with people, 35 but in EVERY nation(NOT the NATION of ISRAEL ALONE) the person who FEARS HIM and does what is right is welcomed before him.

After all Job didn't go to ISRAEL to make sacrifices or worship.
Re: Weekly Watchtower Study Edition Discussion Trend, For JW (JW Only) by achorladey: 7:13pm On Nov 14, 2019
Maximus69:

You and your folks have a big problem Sir! cheesy

All these is STORY! STORY!! STORY!!! cheesy

WE ARE JW.ORG! wink

That's the one and only key to open our hearts, if you want a JW to reason with you, just present another ORGANIZATION that's performing better than the one we're in now and leave the rest to us PERIOD! cheesy

Is the GOOD NEWS Jesus Christ asked me to PREACH about PRESENTING a better PERFORMING organization than the one set by a man in the 20 century.
Re: Weekly Watchtower Study Edition Discussion Trend, For JW (JW Only) by achorladey: 7:17pm On Nov 14, 2019
Maximus69:
STORY! STORY!! STORY!!!

Is that WHAT JESUS CHRIST asked you to do? Looking for a BETTER performing ORGANIZATION than that of the JWS? E get as e be.
Re: Weekly Watchtower Study Edition Discussion Trend, For JW (JW Only) by Nobody: 7:18pm On Nov 14, 2019
The OP
Weekly Watchtower Study Edition Discussion Trend, For JW (JWs ONLY)

So it's either you join to support JW.org or you
DIRECT
PRESENT
POINT
SHOW
TELL anyone here that instead of discussing about the publications of Jehovah's Witnesses, why not discuss about the publications of a BETTER PERFORMING GROUP? cheesy

After all, there are thousands of religious groups claiming Christians and each of them have their different forms of worship.

So if it's NOT JWs, there must be another BETTER PERFORMING GROUP! wink
Re: Weekly Watchtower Study Edition Discussion Trend, For JW (JW Only) by Nobody: 7:20pm On Nov 14, 2019
S T O R Y! wink
achorladey:

Is that WHAT JESUS CHRIST asked you to do? Looking for a BETTER performing ORGANIZATION than that of the JWS? E get as e be.
Re: Weekly Watchtower Study Edition Discussion Trend, For JW (JW Only) by Nobody: 7:26pm On Nov 14, 2019
S T O R Y!
So the Eunuch was in Ethiopia when Philip joined his chariot abi?
Kontinu.cheesy
achorladey:

That Job account fits WELL ENOUGH.

Here is Peter again in Acts 10:34,35 perhaps Janosky is not SEEING what we're SEEING........

Then Peter started speaking: “I now truly understand that God does not show favoritism in dealing with people, 35 but in EVERY nation(NOT the NATION of ISRAEL ALONE) the person who FEARS HIM and does what is right is welcomed before him.

After all Job didn't go to ISRAEL to make sacrifices or worship.

Re: Weekly Watchtower Study Edition Discussion Trend, For JW (JW Only) by rottennaija(m): 7:33pm On Nov 14, 2019
Maximus69:
STORY! STORY!! STORY!!!

What are your yardstick for performance?

1 Like

Re: Weekly Watchtower Study Edition Discussion Trend, For JW (JW Only) by Nobody: 7:36pm On Nov 14, 2019
Agents of darkness!

It's not about ORGANIZATION!

OK ask them
What is wrong if i chose JW group?
they will start quoting and quoting to say the organization is evil. When there are thousands of other religious groups claiming Christians having contradicting doctrines and conflicting teachings.

OK present another organization that's performing better than JWs as a Christian group,

EPO Á TÀN NÍNÚ ÀTÙPÀ ÀWON ÈKÉ! wink

1 Like

Re: Weekly Watchtower Study Edition Discussion Trend, For JW (JW Only) by Nobody: 7:44pm On Nov 14, 2019
rottennaija:

What are your yardstick for performance?
NO!

You say JW organization is wrong,

So it's you that supposed to present the yardstick now then tell us the ONE and ONLY organization that's fitting to your own yardstick!

All what dedicated JWs want to hear is the ONE and ONLY group performing exactly what that ONE and ONLY man from Nazareth laid down.
PERIOD! wink

1 Like

Re: Weekly Watchtower Study Edition Discussion Trend, For JW (JW Only) by achorladey: 7:53pm On Nov 14, 2019
Janosky:

* Numbers 13:1,2, Was the Promised Land for Joshua and Caleb alone or for the Israelites?
Would Joshua and Caleb enter the Promised Land if they were not Israelites or worshipped Jehovah as Israelites ?

Would Rahab be saved if she did not join the Israelites to worship Jehovah?
Why is Achorladey deceiving himself?

*Acts 15:14 King James Bible
"Simeon hath declared how God at the first
did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them a
people for his name."

In every nation the one who fears Jehovah must join with the people (the group) Jehovah God have taken out for His name.
Will Joshua and Caleb enter the Promised Land if they dissociated themselves from Israelites or renounced their status as Israelites ?

Matt 9:37-38, you must join the group working for the Master of the Harvest or nothing for you.
Jesus Christ worked with a group during his earthly ministry... The group stayed united under Jesus directions through the apostles, guided by holy spirit. The conversion of Saul makes this fact explicitly clear. Acts 9:3-20.

Janosky: Would Rahab be saved if she did not join the Israelites to worship Jehovah?

Achorladey: Joshua 2: 8-14

Now before the spies went to sleep, Rahab went up to the roof. 9 She said to the men, “I know the Lord is handing this land over to you. We are absolutely TERRIFIED of you, and all who live in the land are cringing before you. 10 For we heard how the Lord dried up the water of the Red Sea before you when you left Egypt and how you annihilated the two Amorite kings, Sihon and Og, on the other side of the Jordan. 11 When we heard the news we LOST OUR COURAGE and no one could even breathe for FEAR of you. For the Lord your God is God in heaven above and on earth below! 12 So now, promise me this with an oath sworn in the Lord’s name. Because I have shown allegiance to you, show allegiance to my family. Give me a solemn pledge 13 that you will spare the lives of my father, mother, brothers, sisters, and all who belong to them, and rescue us from death.” 14 The men said to her, “If you die, may we die too! If you do not report what we’ve been up to, then, when the Lord hands the land over to us, we will show unswerving allegiance to you.”

Oga Janosky, show me where RAHAB did and carried out the WORSHIP? Had you read that Acts 10:34,35 very well you would HAVE SEEN

but in every nation the person who FEARS him and DOES what is RIGHT is WELCOMED BEFORE him.

Rahab FEARED God and was DOING the RIGHT thing in the SIGHT of GOD in the WAY she ATTENDED to the TWO SPIES. Oga Janosky, YOU SEE AM? This one no be case of JOINING ISRAELITES.

Hebrews 11:31. By faith Raʹhab the prostitute did not perish with those who acted disobediently, because she received the spies in a peaceable way

Janosky: Why is Achorladey deceiving himself?

Achorladey: You will see yourself in the mirror soon and clearly as well.

Janosky: Will Joshua and Caleb enter the Promised Land if they dissociated themselves from Israelites or renounced their status as Israelites ?

Achorladey: To do what is ACCEPTABLE and be in FEAR of God is it BY association or RENOUNCING their STATUS with ISRAELITES. Hahahahaha. E get as e be oooo. Job a study guide.

Janosky: Matt 9:37-38, you must join the group working for the Master of the Harvest or nothing for you.
Jesus Christ worked with a group during his earthly ministry... The group stayed united under Jesus directions through the apostles, guided by holy spirit. The conversion of Saul makes this fact explicitly clear. Acts 9:3-20.

Achorladey: This is one of the "GOVERNING BODY member" as used by the JWS speaking.......

1 Peter 2:21 In fact, to this course you were called, because even Christ suffered for you, leaving a model for you to follow HIS STEPS closely.

Below is the converted Paul speaking.........

Galatians 1: 11 Now I want you to know, brothers and sisters, that the gospel I preached is not of human origin. 12 For I did not receive it or learn it from any human source; instead I received it by a revelation of Jesus Christ.

13 For you have heard of my former way of life in Judaism, how I was savagely persecuting the church of God and trying to destroy it. 14 I was advancing in Judaism beyond many of my contemporaries in my nation, and was extremely zealous for the traditions of my ancestors. 15 But when the one who set me apart from birth and called me by his grace was pleased 16 to reveal his Son in me so that I could preach him among the Gentiles, I did not go to ask advice from any human being, 17 nor did I go up to Jerusalem to see those who were apostles before me, but right away I departed to Arabia, and then returned to Damascus.

2 Likes

Re: Weekly Watchtower Study Edition Discussion Trend, For JW (JW Only) by achorladey: 7:59pm On Nov 14, 2019
Maximus69:
S T O R Y! wink

Your palaver now not mine.
Re: Weekly Watchtower Study Edition Discussion Trend, For JW (JW Only) by achorladey: 8:02pm On Nov 14, 2019
Maximus69:
S T O R Y!
So the Eunuch was in Ethiopia when Philip joined his chariot abi?
Kontinu.cheesy

the EUNUCH was in TIMBUKTU. Hahahahaha.
Re: Weekly Watchtower Study Edition Discussion Trend, For JW (JW Only) by Nobody: 8:05pm On Nov 14, 2019
STORY! STORY!! STORY!!!

Hello Sir,

We aren't pestering you to come and join us and we will NEVER live our ORGANIZATION simply because you feel your God can be worshipped in isolation.

If you believe God can be worshipped in isolation, that's your own.
We believe our God must be worshipped amongst his people, that's our own.

So leave STORY and go to worship your own God anywhere you feel like, NO WAHALA Sir!
achorladey:

Janosky: Would Rahab be saved if she did not join the Israelites to worship Jehovah?

Now before the spies went to sleep, Rahab went up to the roof. 9 She said to the men, “I know the Lord is handing this land over to you. We are absolutely TERRIFIED of you, and all who live in the land are cringing before you. 10 For we heard how the Lord dried up the water of the Red Sea before you when you left Egypt and how you annihilated the two Amorite kings, Sihon and Og, on the other side of the Jordan. 11 When we heard the news we LOST OUR COURAGE and no one could even breathe for FEAR of you. For the Lord your God is God in heaven above and on earth below! 12 So now, promise me this with an oath sworn in the Lord’s name. Because I have shown allegiance to you, show allegiance to my family. Give me a solemn pledge 13 that you will spare the lives of my father, mother, brothers, sisters, and all who belong to them, and rescue us from death.” 14 The men said to her, “If you die, may we die too! If you do not report what we’ve been up to, then, when the Lord hands the land over to us, we will show unswerving allegiance to you.”

Oga Janosky, show me where RAHAB did and carried out the WORSHIP? Had you read that Acts 10:34,35 very well you would HAVE SEEN

but in every nation the person who FEARS him and DOES what is RIGHT is WELCOMED BEFORE him.

Rahab FEARED God and was DOING the RIGHT thing in the SIGHT of GOD in the WAY she ATTENDED to the TWO SPIES. Oga Janosky, YOU SEE AM? This one no be case of JOINING ISRAELITES.

Hebrews 11:31. By faith Raʹhab the prostitute did not perish with those who acted disobediently, because she received the spies in a peaceable way

Janosky: Will Joshua and Caleb enter the Promised Land if they dissociated themselves from Israelites or renounced their status as Israelites ?

Achorladey: To do what is ACCEPTABLE and be in FEAR of God is it BY association or RENOUNCING their STATUS with ISRAELITES. Hahahahaha. E get as e be oooo. Job a study guide.

Janosky: Matt 9:37-38, you must join the group working for the Master of the Harvest or nothing for you.

Achorladey: This is one of the "GOVERNING BODY member" as used by the JWS speaking.......

1 Peter 2:21 In fact, to this course you were called, because even Christ suffered for you, leaving a model for you to follow HIS STEPS closely.

Galatians 1: 11 Now I want you to know, brothers and sisters, that the gospel I preached is not of human origin. 12 For I did not receive it or learn it from any human source; instead I received it by a revelation of Jesus Christ.

13 For you have heard of my former way of life in Judaism, how I was savagely persecuting the church of God and trying to destroy it. 14 I was advancing in Judaism beyond many of my contemporaries in my nation, and was extremely zealous for the traditions of my ancestors. 15 But when the one who set me apart from birth and called me by his grace was pleased 16 to reveal his Son in me so that I could preach him among the Gentiles, I did not go to ask advice from any human being, 17 nor did I go up to Jerusalem to see those who were apostles before me, but right away I departed to Arabia, and then returned to Damascus.

1 Like

Re: Weekly Watchtower Study Edition Discussion Trend, For JW (JW Only) by achorladey: 8:06pm On Nov 14, 2019
Maximus69:
Agents of darkness!

It's not about ORGANIZATION!

OK ask them
What is wrong if i chose JW group?
they will start quoting and quoting to say the organization is evil. When there are thousands of other religious groups claiming Christians having contradicting doctrines and conflicting teachings.

OK present another organization that's performing better than JWs as a Christian group,

EPO Á TÀN NÍNÚ ÀTÙPÀ ÀWON ÈKÉ! wink

That "agent of darkness" get as e be oooo.

Na better performing organization Jesus tell us sey make we preach?

Not a palaver of mine.
Re: Weekly Watchtower Study Edition Discussion Trend, For JW (JW Only) by Nobody: 8:06pm On Nov 14, 2019
EXCELLENT! wink
achorladey:

the EUNUCH was in TIMBUKTU. Hahahahaha.
Re: Weekly Watchtower Study Edition Discussion Trend, For JW (JW Only) by Nobody: 8:08pm On Nov 14, 2019
Wetin Jesus talk we fit and we dey read am for inside Bible Sir.

So the case is between us and Jesus, e no concern you Sir! wink
achorladey:

That "agent of darkness" get as e be oooo.

Na better performing organization Jesus tell us sey make we preach?

Not a palaver of mine.
Re: Weekly Watchtower Study Edition Discussion Trend, For JW (JW Only) by achorladey: 8:12pm On Nov 14, 2019
Maximus69:
STORY! STORY!! STORY!!!

Hello Sir,

We aren't pestering you to come and join us and we will NEVER live our ORGANIZATION simply because you feel your God can be worshipped in isolation.

If you believe God can be worshipped in isolation, that's your own.
We believe our God must be worshipped amongst his people, that's our own.

So leave STORY and go to worship your own God anywhere you feel like, NO WAHALA Sir!

No problem oga Maximus69......

John 14: 22 Judas, not Is·carʹi·ot, said to him: “Lord, what has happened that you intend to show yourself clearly to us and not to the world?” 23 In answer Jesus said to him: “If anyone loves me, he will observe my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our dwelling with him.

I didn't see Jesus face to face while he was on EARTH neither did rottennaija yet we strive and long everyday to LOVE and observe the WORD of JESUS CHRIST. What did Jesus Christ promised if we keep doing so?

According to Jesus own WORDS........ Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our dwelling with him.
Re: Weekly Watchtower Study Edition Discussion Trend, For JW (JW Only) by Nobody: 8:17pm On Nov 14, 2019
GREAT!
So keep it up Sir,
You will get your reward! wink
achorladey:

John 14: 22 Judas, not Is·carʹi·ot, said to him: “Lord, what has happened that you intend to show yourself clearly to us and not to the world?” 23 In answer Jesus said to him: “If anyone loves me, he will observe my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our dwelling with him.

I didn't see Jesus face to face while he was on EARTH neither did rottennaija yet we strive and long everyday to LOVE and observe the WORD of JESUS CHRIST. What did Jesus Christ promised if we keep doing so?

According to Jesus own WORDS........ Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our dwelling with him.

Re: Weekly Watchtower Study Edition Discussion Trend, For JW (JW Only) by rottennaija(m): 9:03pm On Nov 14, 2019
Maximus69:

NO!

You say JW organization is wrong,

So it's you that supposed to present the yardstick now then tell us the ONE and ONLY organization that's fitting to your own yardstick!

All what dedicated JWs want to hear is the ONE and ONLY group performing exactly what that ONE and ONLY man from Nazareth laid down.
PERIOD! wink

I'm not the one shouting a better performing group. It's been you all along. Now, I want to show you that better performing group, I am asking you for the yardstick of measurement, the criteria for determination.

So, what are your yardstick for this better performance you have been asking of? So I can use it this measure?
Re: Weekly Watchtower Study Edition Discussion Trend, For JW (JW Only) by Janosky: 11:36pm On Nov 14, 2019
achorladey:

(*1)

Now before the spies went to sleep, Rahab went up to the roof. 9 She said to the men, “I know the Lord is handing this land over to you. We are absolutely TERRIFIED of you, and all who live in the land are cringing before you. 10 For we heard how the Lord dried up the water of the Red Sea before you when you left Egypt and how you annihilated the two Amorite kings, Sihon and Og, on the other side of the Jordan.

(*2)

. 15 But when the one who set me apart from birth and called me by his grace was pleased 16 to reveal his Son in me so that I could preach him among the Gentiles, I did not go to ask advice from any human being, 17 nor did I go up to Jerusalem to see those who were apostles before me, but right away I departed to Arabia, and then returned to Damascus.

(*1).
Why is Achorladey twisting the holy Bible?
Joshua 2:9 “I know the Lord is handing this land over to you"
vs10 "For we heard how the Lord dried up the water of the Red Sea before you when you left Egypt"
Achorladey , who be the "YOU" Rahab referred to?

(*1*A)
Joshua 6:25, "Rahab dwells in the midst of Israel". Compare Deut 9:4,5. Lev18:26-30.
Achorladey, will Rahab dwell in the midst of Israelites and continue to worship pagan gods of Jericho?
Matt 1:5-17, Will a pagan woman become the ancestress of Jesus Christ?
Hebrew 11:4-31, who be the pagans in that passage?
* Achorladey receive sense.*

(*2)
Galatians1:11,12,15-17, Paul says "that the gospel I preached is not of human origin.' I did not go to ask advice from any human being," to preach the gospel.
Achorladey stop twisting the holy Bible.

(*2*A).
1 Peter 2:10 "But you are now God's people"
1Peter 2:21 In fact, to this course you were called, because even Christ suffered for you, leaving a model for you to follow HIS STEPS closely."
Who did Christ leave a model for?
Answer=God's people. (A group).

Inspite of these rebellious children on this thread , we JWs must shout Hallelujah!!!!
Re: Weekly Watchtower Study Edition Discussion Trend, For JW (JW Only) by Janosky: 12:22am On Nov 15, 2019
achorladey:

* John14:22,23, Jesus Christ referred to his Father Jehovah and himself as "WE", both are of the same group (John20:17).
You must belong to the group they both belong to....
There is no chaos or disunity among Jehovah's people , the group that Jehovah operates through his son. (Rom9:25. 15:1-6. 1Cor 1:10. 14:33. 1 Peter2:10,22). Simple !
Re: Weekly Watchtower Study Edition Discussion Trend, For JW (JW Only) by Janosky: 1:02am On Nov 15, 2019
rottennaija:

(*1)
Non Israelite entered the promise land, even those who didn't worship Jehovah.

(*2)
They entered and lived as alien, even animals that wasn't bled which Israelite wouldn't eat were commanded to be given to them to eat. (Deuteronomy 14:21)

(*3)
I keep saying, JWs knowledge of the scriptures is limited. They don't read, research or exercise their brains.

(*4)
Being a member of Israel had no bearing with worship of Jehovah. Job was not, but he worship. Isaiah was but didn't worship with his people during the day's of apostasy (similarly with JWs).

Na which country go give you entry visa when they know your occupation is against their laws?

No aliens in the midst of Israelites in the Promised Land continued with their debased practices. Deut 9:4,5. Lev 18:26-30.

(*2).
Jehovah allowed it. Yes.

(*3).
BIG LIE....

(*4).
They suffered the consequences whenever they abandoned pure worship. No blessings, no favour until repentance... (Deut 28).
2Chro7:13-15,"MY PEOPLE upon whom my name has been called" Rottenaija take note.
At Isaiah's time there were Israelites who faithfully served Jehovah without compromise.
Was Job the only one? what of Elihu & even others not mentioned by name in the scriptures?
Re: Weekly Watchtower Study Edition Discussion Trend, For JW (JW Only) by Janosky: 2:17am On Nov 15, 2019
rottennaija:

@1)
First a man casting demon with Jesus Name.

St. Mark 9:38 - 40 also Luke 8:50-51

John said to Jesus, "Teacher, we saw a man using your name to cast out demons, but we told him to stop because he isn't one of our group." Don't stop him! " Jesus said. " No one who performs miracles in my name will soon be able to speak evil of me. Anyone who is not against us is for us."

Jesus on earth, with his unique one and only group, didn't ask the man to join his one and only unique group. Today, Jesus would direct them to Jw.borg

@2)
Another
John has disciples, who use to meet with Jesus to discus. (see Mt 9:14-16) At one point, they approach Jesus asking if he is the messiah, the one sent on the behest of John who was in prison. (Mt 11:2 - 6; Luke 7:19-22) Surely, Jesus should have directed them to the one and only unique group, especially as he was in earth.

In JW theology, Jesus concluded by showing them the one and only unique group. Which is Jw.borg. I believe future watchtower Bible will be restored to reflect the corrected understanding.
@3)
Next
We have Paul's encounter with the Jailer. After he had been set freed by the angel in the middle of the night, the account tells us

The Acts 16:27 - 36

[i]

Surprisingly, the apostle Paul didn't direct him to the one and only unique group, called JWs. Of course, he couldn't because CT Russel didn't create it then. But at least, he should have directed them to the Christian gathered at the upper room.

@
@1).
Mere speculation.
John21:25, Nobody today knows every detail of Jesus ministry on earth or his encounter with that man.
Every follower of Christ must belong to Jehovah's people, including that man.
1 Peter 2:10,21 is clear enough.

@2).
Which group did Jesus belong to ?John7:16.
Jehovah's people, the lineage he came from.
Matt 1:1-17. Gal 3:7,8,13,14. . Hebr11:4-39.
John's disciples joined Jesus Christ, John1:35-42.
John3:25-36, John the Baptizer says have faith in Jesus Christ, in other words, join the group that Jesus Christ belongs to.
Jehovah calls them my servant, Jehovah's witnesses. Isaiah 43:10-12. Acts3:13.
1Peter2:10,22, Peter calls them "God's people".

@3)
After Paul's encounter with Christ,whom did Jesus Christ direct him to? Acts 9:4-20.
His disciples= God's people, Jehovah's witnesses.
Will Paul practice anything against Jesus laid down example? 1 Cor11:1.
Will Paul disobey Jesus?
Paul must definitely refer the Jailer to his fellow believers...God's people. ROM 9:25. 15:1-6.
Or do you have Scriptural proof that Paul had his bath morning, afternoon and evening?
Re: Weekly Watchtower Study Edition Discussion Trend, For JW (JW Only) by Janosky: 2:58am On Nov 15, 2019
rottennaija:

Next

The Acts 10:46 - 48
And there could be no doubt about it, for they heard them speaking in tongues and praising God. Then Peter asked, "Can anyone object to their being baptized, now that they have received the Holy Spirit just as we did?" So he gave orders for them to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. Afterward Cornelius asked him to stay with them for several days.

Surprisingly, the account still leaves the part where Peter directed him to jw.borg as the one and unique group worshiping God. Maybe he did, maybe he didn't. I'm sure in the next JW bible, new findings will be made.

Then too
We have the Ethiopian eunuch, after God's spirit directed Phillips to him and then the preaching about Jesus and the way to salvation, it concludes

The Acts 8:38 - 39
He ordered the carriage to stop, and they went down into the water, and Philip baptized him. When they came up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught Philip away. The eunuch never saw him again but went on his way rejoicing.

Surprising also, it says the Eunuch was on his way to Jerusalem to worship. He must have been a part of Judaism, for he was reading the scroll of Isaiah. So after baptism, Jesus spirit led him away while the Eunuch continued on his way to Ethiopia rejoicing. Now, the spirit didn't direct Philip to direct the Eunuch to the one and only unique group. The confusion must be because it was the spirit of Jesus, not that of Jehovah which would definitely direct him to Jw.borg.

Is Cornelius among God's people as explained by Apostle Peter? 1 Peter 2:10,22.
Acts 15 :1-30 ,Cornelius dey for the matter?

Acts8:12, did Philip declare the good news of the kingdom of God?
Mark 1:13-15, Which good news did Jesus Christ declare?
Matt24:14,Which good news are Jehovah's witnesses commissioned to declare?
Hebrew Scriptures= Israelites (my chosen people)> my servant, Jehovah's witnesses.
Greek Scriptures- Jesus follower,disciples, God's people, cloud of witnesses
Modern day Jehovah's witnesses .
who wan vex, make e dey vex.
the truth is clear and obvious....
Rottennaija, abeg give way !!
Re: Weekly Watchtower Study Edition Discussion Trend, For JW (JW Only) by Nobody: 7:50am On Nov 15, 2019
rottennaija:

I'm not the one shouting a better performing group. It's been you all along. Now, I want to show you that better performing group, I am asking you for the yardstick of measurement, the criteria for determination.
So, what are your yardstick for this better performance you have been asking of? So I can use it this measure?

You're the one condemning the organization that i know fits in PERFECTLY to the yardstick.
So after considering the organization of Jehovah's Witnesses, you need not ask me for the yardstick anymore.
If you believe (trust) in Jesus' ability to set the standard, just present the yardstick that PERFECTLY fit in to what Jesus laid down.
Then present the ONE and ONLY group performing accordingly.

What i will never accept is saying Jesus as a mighty spirit being and wonderful counselor, can't ORGANIZE his faithful followers as one visible body. John 17:20-23
He promised that the WORLD will recognise his followers and that means they'll be known GLOBALLY as a GROUP! Matthew 5:14-16
He said LOVE will permeate in their midst. John 13:34-35
He said they'll be objects of hatred throughout the earth. Matthew 10:20-22, John 17:14-16
So it's NOT an individual thing Sir, all what Jesus said indicates that a visible GROUP will emerge! smiley

1 Like

Re: Weekly Watchtower Study Edition Discussion Trend, For JW (JW Only) by Nobody: 8:09am On Nov 15, 2019
Janosky:

Is Cornelius among God's people as explained by Apostle Peter? 1 Peter 2:10,22.
Acts 15 :1-30 ,Cornelius dey for the matter?

Acts8:12, did Philip declare the good news of the kingdom of God?
Mark 1:13-15, Which good news did Jesus Christ declare?
Matt24:14,Which good news are Jehovah's witnesses commissioned to declare?
Hebrew Scriptures= Israelites (my chosen people)> my servant, Jehovah's witnesses.
Greek Scriptures- Jesus follower,disciples, God's people, cloud of witnesses
Modern day Jehovah's witnesses .
who wan vex, make e dey vex.
the truth is clear and obvious....
Rottennaija, abeg give way !!

They are ATHEISTS in disguise! wink

They don't want any practical application demanding humility from adults to WORK on their PERSONALITY and become teachable like children! Luke 18:16
Any institution that's shaping the mindset of adults to comply with practical applications is their problem.
Jehovah's Witnesses have helped change wolflike individuals to become harmless doves and these ones are shouting "The tree is bad!" even when the whole world can SEE it bearing good fruit! Matthew 7:15-17

That's why i'm pushing them just as Pontius Pilate did to their ancestors (Pharisees).

They brought themselves into this quagmire, they have to choose ONE!

So let them publicly declare they prefer BARABBAS to JESUS! wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Weekly Watchtower Study Edition Discussion Trend, For JW (JW Only) by rottennaija(m): 9:16am On Nov 15, 2019
Janosky:

@1).
Mere speculation.
John21:25, Nobody today knows every detail of Jesus ministry on earth or his encounter with that man.
Every follower of Christ must belong to Jehovah's people, including that man.
1 Peter 2:10,21 is clear enough.
So here no one knows every details of Jesus ministry but in your point 3, you know Paul must definitely to his fellow believer.

So who did Philip referred the Eunuch to? We know Jesus was alive, he had his disciples and John also had his. We also know that they communicated, but in all instances of their communication, Jesus didn't ask them to come belong to his group. (but somehow, it's not mere speculation but details are not known)

But your mere speculation theory doesn't acknowledge the fact that 2 of John's disciples follow Jesus immediately John showed him as the messiah.

Janosky:

@2).
Which group did Jesus belong to ?John7:16.
Jehovah's people, the lineage he came from.
Matt 1:1-17. Gal 3:7,8,13,14. . Hebr11:4-39.
John's disciples joined Jesus Christ, John1:35-42.
John3:25-36, John the Baptizer says have faith in Jesus Christ, in other words, join the group that Jesus Christ belongs to.
Jehovah calls them my servant, Jehovah's witnesses. Isaiah 43:10-12. Acts3:13.
1Peter2:10,22, Peter calls them "God's people".
Let me ask you here? Who were God's chosen people when Jesus was on earth? The Jews? Or Jesus disciples?

Janosky:

@3)
After Paul's encounter with Christ,whom did Jesus Christ direct him to? Acts 9:4-20.
His disciples= God's people, Jehovah's witnesses.
Will Paul practice anything against Jesus laid down example? 1 Cor11:1.
Will Paul disobey Jesus?
Paul must definitely refer the Jailer to his fellow believers...God's people. ROM 9:25. 15:1-6.
Or do you have Scriptural proof that Paul had his bath morning, afternoon and evening?

Here is where your confusion is, Paul must definitely . But the account said the event that took place.

So what you did is use logical Reason, Jesus refer Paul his people. Then Paul must have referred them, where you have no knowledge of it and where the account explicitly stated the events. On the one hand, you said "no one knows every detail of Jesus ministry on earth" while on the other, you presume to know every details of Paul's ministry.

This is why JWs cannot defend their theory and believe when you meet someone who knows the scriptures. Your write up are filled with impositions of what you want to believe into bible account.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Apostle Johnson Suleman -the Oracle Of God Comes To Lagos!!! / Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? / What is The Essence Of The Church And Christianity?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 143
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.