Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,845 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:53 AM

How Can You Rationally Justify Spending N600,00 On A Phone? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Can You Rationally Justify Spending N600,00 On A Phone? (37502 Views)

(Mathematical Proof) - How People Justify Buying Phone Of N600,000 / App That Cost ₦80,000.00 On Playstore / Sme Data: Get Mtn 1gb For N600 Or 1.5gb For N900 With 3 Month Validity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can You Rationally Justify Spending N600,00 On A Phone? by ZinoFasisi: 12:19pm On Sep 29, 2019
GeoAfrikana:

Then we can rightly say money makes people lose their senses and right judgement?

And we can rightly say that most rich people are foolish spenders?

Based on your statement.

If being worth a 100m and i buy a phone of 600k and u call me a foolish spender, that's ur problem

1 Like

Re: How Can You Rationally Justify Spending N600,00 On A Phone? by Lexusgs430: 12:19pm On Sep 29, 2019
ArticleBeast:

For another person using a tecno or gionee may consider your Google pixel waste of money since his tecno can offer the same value.

And this is exactly the point...... Why use a Google pixel, when an Umidigi A5 Pro, Umidigi X or Umidigi F2, would offer almost the same service........

I just had to....... cheesy

19 Likes

Re: How Can You Rationally Justify Spending N600,00 On A Phone? by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 12:21pm On Sep 29, 2019
Foolishness does have any rational justification as you can see from the responses on this thread.

If you understand the time value of money and how compound interest works, you will not waste your money on frivolities or be a victim of corporations that want to get your hard-earned coin.

Even Americans are waking up to the realization that the iPhone is a big scam but for our brain dead youth, it's not yet dawn.

22 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How Can You Rationally Justify Spending N600,00 On A Phone? by Chuksemi(m): 12:21pm On Sep 29, 2019
GeoAfrikana:

Then we can rightly say money makes people lose their senses and right judgement?

And we can rightly say that most rich people are foolish spenders?

Based on your statement.

How will you justify buying a car of 300,000 USD, when a car of 4,000 USD would also do the same job? Which is take you from one location to another. The simple answer is luxury and comfort, Toyota 2005 and Toyota 2019 no be the same thing, even though they are both cars, difference de.

My friend, 600k is not a lot of money. When you’re very wealthy, you’d also buy one.

16 Likes

Re: How Can You Rationally Justify Spending N600,00 On A Phone? by STENON(f): 12:23pm On Sep 29, 2019
Hmmm... I also said same thing few years ago...

Ask God to bless you and come back to this post few years later

wink

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Can You Rationally Justify Spending N600,00 On A Phone? by fashrola(m): 12:23pm On Sep 29, 2019
On a laptop? Yes

Phone? Never!!!

2 Likes

Re: How Can You Rationally Justify Spending N600,00 On A Phone? by Nobody: 12:23pm On Sep 29, 2019
When you have money you have money, when you have millions in you account, enough to take you on a week trip to Dubai, Paris and back comfortably, then you will buy 600k phone without even thinking about it.

As your status rises financially so your expense.

7 Likes

Re: How Can You Rationally Justify Spending N600,00 On A Phone? by Reffone: 12:24pm On Sep 29, 2019
At d moment I just need half of that money to improve productivity and profit for my business if only Nigerian did better in helping the hustling graduates properly suicide and crime rate would reduce a bit

1 Like

Re: How Can You Rationally Justify Spending N600,00 On A Phone? by slawomir: 12:24pm On Sep 29, 2019
Broke asss niggarrrs and bitches every where

2 Likes

Re: How Can You Rationally Justify Spending N600,00 On A Phone? by gaventa: 12:25pm On Sep 29, 2019
Poverty makes prosperity sound Abnormal. Whites spend over $1000 on this phone. Some don’t even pay in full. They incure debts. My brother pray for better money Phone no go be issue

3 Likes

Re: How Can You Rationally Justify Spending N600,00 On A Phone? by tot(f): 12:25pm On Sep 29, 2019
GeoAfrikana:

Actually, it's not the amount that's the real issue. There are many products that cost more than #600k. But the issue is which value does it add to me that a #100k phone can't?

I think you get the gist.

Lalasticlala

Exactly. Whether something is expensive or cheap is completely relative. It all varies according to the pocket of the person concerned. And we all measure value differently as well.

2 Likes

Re: How Can You Rationally Justify Spending N600,00 On A Phone? by Nobody: 12:25pm On Sep 29, 2019
The correct question is what is your disposable income?

Why buy a range when you can buy a highlander
Why buy a highlander when you can buy a Camry
Why buy a Camry when you can buy starlet
Why but starlet when you can take public transport
Why take public transport when you can walk

Those who can buy it know why they are buying it. Maybe it’s a status symbol, maybe it has ahead of the curve features they love. As long as the money used to buy it is earned legitimately, it is their business.

Also, you may never appreciate some features of an expensive car or device until you have it. I have an iPhone 7 . The screen is in reasonably good condition without any guard. Meanwhile my Nokia 7 plus screen guard came off and it is picking scratches like crazy.

Some things have to be experienced.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Can You Rationally Justify Spending N600,00 On A Phone? by Sterope(f): 12:25pm On Sep 29, 2019
Wealth is relative.

How much is your phone? Some out there cannot fathom it.

600k to some is like what 100k is to others.

GeoAfrikana:
We work hard to earn money, so it's rational for us to spend our money on only products/services that (we believe) will add value to our lives.

Yesterday, I heard of a phone that costs #600k. The first question that came to my mind was:

what will I enjoy from this phone that my Google Pixel won't give?

So I decided to throw this question to the house.

How can you rationally justify spending #600k on a phone?

Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can You Rationally Justify Spending N600,00 On A Phone? by hotseat: 12:26pm On Sep 29, 2019
Money answereth all things!

1 Like

Re: How Can You Rationally Justify Spending N600,00 On A Phone? by Kelvin30286063(m): 12:26pm On Sep 29, 2019
I don't understand too
Re: How Can You Rationally Justify Spending N600,00 On A Phone? by AK481(m): 12:26pm On Sep 29, 2019
GeoAfrikana:
We work hard to earn money, so it's rational for us to spend our money on only products/services that (we believe) will add value to our lives.

Yesterday, I heard of a phone that costs #600k. The first question that came to my mind was:

Thanks.

Why do people drive gwagon?

1 Like

Re: How Can You Rationally Justify Spending N600,00 On A Phone? by Nobody: 12:27pm On Sep 29, 2019
Most Nigerians don't understanding the definition poverty. The same people that are saying you are complaining because you can't afford it are the same guys that will refuse to pay their workers wages just to buy the new iPhone.

Same guys will pay people less than minimum wage while they drive a 50 million suv.

11 Likes

Re: How Can You Rationally Justify Spending N600,00 On A Phone? by Nobody: 12:27pm On Sep 29, 2019
GeoAfrikana:

Thanks for your contribution bro.
According to you, if I get you right, the fact that you can afford it is enough justification.

I don't believe this is rational. A rational human being spends on what adds value/benefit to his life.

Another rational person will ask u what your googlw pixel is doing that his infinix wont do. To him u are also not rational. What i spend my money on is rationally my OWN BUSINESS. SIMI see trouble

2 Likes

600k is not so much money for the rich class.

Meanwhile I buy amazon gift cards no receipt/debit at same rate with cash receipt.
I buy all amazon gift cards at 250 per $
Check my signature
Re: How Can You Rationally Justify Spending N600,00 On A Phone? by 2shure: 12:28pm On Sep 29, 2019
My note 8 is 2yrs old.
Re: How Can You Rationally Justify Spending N600,00 On A Phone? by miqos02(m): 12:29pm On Sep 29, 2019
GeoAfrikana:

Thanks.

$1,600 is not a lot of money if you have it
Re: How Can You Rationally Justify Spending N600,00 On A Phone? by majamajic(m): 12:29pm On Sep 29, 2019
GeoAfrikana:

Actually, it's not the amount that's the real issue. There are many products that cost more than #600k. But the issue is which value does it add to me that a #100k phone can't?

I think you get the gist.

Lalasticlala

What's the difference between 100k and 600 ?
Re: How Can You Rationally Justify Spending N600,00 On A Phone? by sanmtiago(m): 12:29pm On Sep 29, 2019
The truth is there’s nothing wrong in buying the phone if you receive exorbitant salary or if you’re really affluent. But the lower class Nigerian want that fone for show off! I know Nigerians well well
Even as person go broke reach e go wan buy expensive gadgets so that e go use intimidate e fellow poor people.
I know a few people who have iPhone X but can’t afford 3 square meal.
Really some people no get concept for life
Life no be competition but na only few understand that phrase

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can You Rationally Justify Spending N600,00 On A Phone? by muffyt05: 12:29pm On Sep 29, 2019
goodmorning40:
When you get to that point of spending that kind of money on a phone you won't remember rational justification before buying it. You will just buy it wait until you get there

I'm sorry to say but that's just a lame reason for buying it. I'm 100% certain that Dangote, Otedola and even Bill Gate will never go for such irrational spending just cos they can afford it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can You Rationally Justify Spending N600,00 On A Phone? by OdenKelechi(m): 12:30pm On Sep 29, 2019
goodmorning40:
When you get to that point of spending that kind of money on a phone you won't remember rational justification before buying it. You will just buy it wait until you get there
You have a very good point
Re: How Can You Rationally Justify Spending N600,00 On A Phone? by lordjosh(m): 12:30pm On Sep 29, 2019
ZinoFasisi:

If dangote buys that kind of phone will u call him irrational?

But he's not using iPhone 11pro
Re: How Can You Rationally Justify Spending N600,00 On A Phone? by Progress62(m): 12:30pm On Sep 29, 2019
[quote author=NwaMammyWater post=82673710][/quote]
Wetin dey there?
Re: How Can You Rationally Justify Spending N600,00 On A Phone? by ArticleBeast: 12:30pm On Sep 29, 2019
Lexusgs430:

And this is exactly the point...... Why use a Google pixel, when an Umidigi A5 Pro, Umidigi X or Umidigi F2, would offer almost the same service........

I just had to....... cheesy
I even thought it was tecno p5 he was using until I saw Google pixel worth over a 100k when the average Nigerian live on a dollar daily. Na poor dey talk say cornflakes na sweet mouth.

5 Likes

Re: How Can You Rationally Justify Spending N600,00 On A Phone? by shiggy: 12:30pm On Sep 29, 2019
GeoAfrikana:

Thanks for your contribution bro.
According to you, if I get you right, the fact that you can afford it is enough justification.

I don't believe this is rational. A rational human being spends on what adds value/benefit to his life.

That's the thing, we as humans like to believe we're rational, but the truth is most times, we are very irrational, he buying a 600K as a status symbol, when a 80-100K has the same functionality, minus the status part.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

NCC Unveils New Unified Short Codes For All Mobile Networks In The Country / Innjoo Max & Innjoo Max 2 Plus Official Discussion Thread / How To Check If Your Iphone Is New Or Refurbished

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.